HEAT WAVE!!!

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Dinsdale
Lord Google

HEAT WAVE!!!

Post by Dinsdale »

Since the sun has come up, it's gotten up to a whopping 21 degrees.

Keep your bullshit weather to yourselves, Upper Mexicans.

Fuck a buncha arctic air. Now They're saying it won't crack freezing for another week?

Are you fucking serious?

I signed up for 40 and raining... not this shit.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: HEAT WAVE!!!

Post by Goober McTuber »

Yesterday’s high up here in God’s Country was 47. Within about 12 hours it was down to zero. Talk about change (I blame Obama).
longtimelistener2
Crack Whore

Post by longtimelistener2 »

Wheres Al Gore when you need him.
Clown Fart for President 2008
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

longtimelistener2 wrote:Wheres Al Gore when you need him.
Hey, I thought you died!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

At 10:00 am yesterday it was 60 degrees in KC. By 10:30 it had dropped to 30 and this morning it was 2. I've never seen an arctic front like this that dropped temps so far, so fast. Winter doesn't officially start for another week or so.

I'd like to take every global warming screeching honk and freeze their balls in liquid nitrogen.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

"Cooling temperatures illustrate how fast the world is warming."
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

How cold is it in the U&L?

So freaking cold that LTL2 rose from his grave because the ground was too cold, that's how cold.

War Wagon wrote:I've never seen an arctic front like this that dropped temps so far, so fast.

Not sure I've ever spent a week below freezing in my lifetime (except working in the mountains).

And when we do get the infrequent arctic snaps, it doesn't last a week, and it doesn't happen during what are technically "fall" days -- if it happens, late December is fairly early, first week of February is on the late side of things.

The east wind is ripping out of The Gorge at up to 60MPH. That's a special kind of evil, right there.

Supposed to dump more snow Wednesday. There's another word for two snowstorms on the valley floors in the same week in the U&L -- it's called "The Apocolypse."

Ain't like there's too many snowplows and whatnot running around the lowlands -- since they can sit for a couplefew years without being used, it's easier to shut down the city for a few days rather than spend nonexistent money on rarely used stuff. The fuckers running the busses always have their act together, though, and can usually get you where you need to go.

Fuck this.

On the bright side, I have two things going for me right now:

A) I've got beer

B) I'm not AP
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

21 degrees?

Your vagina is spouting because it's 21 degrees? Holy thermal medical truss, batman...what's next, a tragic thread about a raindrop hitting you in the melon?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Pussy.

12 degrees here, but feels like it's about -10. And my penis is still intact.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Currently 63 degrees in Bethesda, Md., and not a cloud in the motherfuckin' sky. RACK US WASHINGTONIANS.

Suck on that, losers.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

PSUFAN wrote:21 degrees?

Your vagina is spouting because it's 21 degrees?
Wind chill is below zero on an occasion.

Holy thermal medical truss, batman...what's next, a tragic thread about a raindrop hitting you in the melon?

Are you retarded? (Rhetorical question.)

I'm born and raised in Portland Fucking Oregon. It's December -- raindrops are supposed to be hitting my melon (except for that hat thingy). And it's supposed to be 45+ degrees with some miniscule mist droplets occasionally cooling my grille.

Just because you signed on for shitass, life-killing, can't do shit outside, soul-sucking winters, it doesn't mean the rest of us did.

Cool and soggy is fine. Several steps below freezing is not.

C'moooooon, March! Get here already. I've had my fill of the arctic air for the next 5 years (which is how long it's been since the last round... although that was only 4 days' worth, and we didn't have a sticking snowflake on the ground for 6 years before that).
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Pussy.

Because I don't want to play disc golf when it's 21 degrees? (I think we're up to 22 now.)

Tell you what -- you give me some pointers on dealing with SHITASS, FUCKED UP weather, and I'll give advice on driving through floodwaters and how to survive a mountain pass in a winter storm (mountains... where this shitass fucking weather belongs).

Forcast high for Timberline on Mt. Hood was 5 today. Maybe some New Yorkers/Texans will try to climb the fucker today (probably some 100MPH winds up at the top... but don't let that stop you, greenhorns).

But you people have some funny ideas... bear in mind, I do kinda live very close to the snowiest place on Planet Fucking Earth. Gets cold there, too. That doesn't mean I'm any fucking happier that it came down the hill and took up residence at my house.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

my penis is still intact.
Jeez...now you're just taunting Kid Gashville, eh? Do you need me to block your PM box for a few hours now?

Dins, burn the corpses of a few foolhardy climbers, if you're too cold...although knees knocking together might deter KN from mounting you missionary style.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

dipshit kids here get dropped off at school in t shirt and shorts. you could put on a coat, you know.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

War Wagon wrote:At 10:00 am yesterday it was 60 degrees in KC. By 10:30 it had dropped to 30 and this morning it was 2. I've never seen an arctic front like this that dropped temps so far, so fast. Winter doesn't officially start for another week or so.

I'd like to take every global warming screeching honk and freeze their balls in liquid nitrogen.
because seriously, december, cold fronts, and shifts in temp related to whether or not the sun is up are absolutely mind blowing.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Almost 80 here, may have to turn on the AC. :hfal:
Go Bucs, Gators
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It's so cold in the P
I think I need an AM drink
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote: Keep your bullshit weather to yourselves, Upper Mexicans.

...40 and raining...
About what we've got going on right now. Well maybe in the 50s but it was a lot colder before dawn.

My yard and all the towing services are loving it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Bucmonkey wrote:Almost 80 here, may have to turn on the AC.

My buddy/occasinal coworker was supposed to be at work in South Carolina this morning.

Not such a good day to travel across the USA.

Says he wore longjohns, and appropriate clothing for a commute to the airport and the possibility of being stranded on the hiway or whatnot.

Says when he got to Houston (where I think he still might be), he just about died of a freaking heatstroke when he got out of the airport.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I'm certain there is a perfectly logical explanation for how global warming's fukking with ocean currents has turned the "good ocean" into an asshole this week.

Mikey, get yer fat hippy ass in here and 'splain it to us knuckle dragging global warming denie...denigh...de.. doubters.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

We have actually had some unusually cold weather followed by highs way above normal here. /boggle at the shit you northeasterners are dealing with right now.
Go Bucs, Gators
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:My yard and all the towing services are loving it.

See, Flyover Fucks?

These people have moved here by the hundreds of thousands, and yup, you read it right...

These mindbogglingly stupid people smash their cars up when it rains.

Remember, you just heard it straight from the horse's mouth.

Now, imagine sharing the icy roads... bearing in mind said roads are quite hilly here... with people who don't have the driving ability to keep their vehicle in one lane or one piece because the road is wet.

They're a real treat to be around in winter, and the funny part is, they seem to lack any and all ability to adapt to the local conditions, regardless of tenure here. It would be funny, if I didn't have to deal with it daily.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Dinsdale wrote:It's so cold in the P
How da fuck you posta get a parking lot Piece?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote: Mikey, get yer fat hippy ass in here and 'splain it to us knuckle dragging global warming denie...denigh...de.. doubters.

This post pretty much sums up "global warming."

So politicized, it's become high comedy.

The terms "global warming" and "MAN MADE climate change" have become interchangable... thanks to the people MARKETING it.

For the mush-brained people who can't think for themselves, here's a primer:

"Global warming" has nothing to do with Algore. It's not really a "science," per se... it's a fucking thermometer reading... just like you and I do every day.

And although some other factors have changed over recent years, there's no fucking doubt there was quite a warming trend over the last couple of decades.

This isn't a "debate" -- it's a "fact."

It's also a "fact" that manmade "greenhouse gasses" (we used to have another term for "greenhouses gasses" -- we used to call it "the atmosphere") have continued to increase.

It's also a fact that the global temperature has been dropping like a fucking rock for about the last year... despite a slight increase in "manmade" CO2 emissions.

Yup, the Hot Air Brokers are upping their game of "ACT NOW OR ELSE!!!!!"

Because in a few short years, it will have become obvious to everyone that the "scientific community consensus" (that included a small minority of meteorologists) was the single largest scam ever perpetrated on the Human Race.

Can the activities of mankind æffect global climate? Most certainly.

Are they?

I'm fully comfortable saying "I don't know"... since there's absolutely NO reliable scientific evidence to support that.

Too bad the science-thieves can't do the same... but we're talking literally trillions of dollars to perpetrate outright falsehoods. That IPCC trick of usuing a computer model to fill in an unknown variable TO BE USED IN THE VERY SAME COMPUTER MODEL was a nice touch... COMPLETELY outside the bounds of any sort of reasonable scientific process, but it was certainly a cute trick.

Food for thought -- if the sun emits more radiation (like the kind that melts the icecaps on Mars at about the same rate as those on earth)... guess what? The icecaps have a tremendous amount of CO2 frozen in solution... and when it melts, take another big guess what happens?

Pointing to rising CO2 levels as concrete evidence of anthropogenic warming... FOR FUCKING PROFIT, OF COURSE... isn't "science" either -- it's a serious abuse of unknown cause/effect scenarios.

BTW-life on earth has always thrived the most during the warmest periods... there is that.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Toddowen wrote:However, I offset all gains on the greenhouse emissions front by heating my home with messy, filthy, ozone depleating coal.

I'm in the U&L -- firewood grows on trees 'round these parts.

Actually, it falls all over the ground this time of year.

And someone else even cuts and splits the endless free supply for me.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:It's so cold in the P
What does Trev have to do with this?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BIG heat wave -- up to 26 in the bright sunshine.

While outside, a wind gust came that swept up most of the snow in the yard, and presumably deposited it somewhere in the Pacific.... along with most of the yard debris.

Some rippin-ass gusts coming through.

And apparently, the scientific process has led me to believe that low-20's is cold enough to freeze dirtyassed-been-wayyyy-too-long-since-changing bongwater.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

What kind of bong do you prefer, Dins? Glass, plastic, 4-footer? Fruit? Hookah?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Glass body, glass bowl preferably.

Works well, and is easy to clean (sup Cascade dishwasher detergent).

Just don't leave it on the patio when temps are below 25, apparently.

BTW-I set my beer can (yup, someone left swill cans here, so I'll partake) down on the patio table for a few seconds -- it froze in place there.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You actually put a glass bong in a dishwasher? Back in my daze, I never would have thought of that.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

No.

Rinse it out first. Wad up a chunk of paper towel and plug the carb, if so equipped. Put a couple of tablespoons of Cascade (HAS to be Cascade, with the "sheeting action" to work well) in the bong, and sprinkle a little bit in the bowl. Boil a pan of water on the stove, and fill the bong.

If it isn't too crusty, works in about 2 minutes. Repeat cleanings might be neccessary if the crust is especially thick.
YD
Michael McDonald

Post by YD »

All of my Dinsdales in Portland are freaking out.

Fukking funny. Its snowing here and it's 1 degree.

Dins, if you walked outside here, your nose would start gushing blood.

Fuck it. We're halfway through winter. Even if it's a shitslam for two months it's over after that.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

YD wrote:All of my Dinsdales in Portland are freaking out.

It's always fucking cold in winter in your goofy little burg.

You signed on for it.
Fuck it. We're halfway through winter. Even if it's a shitslam for two months it's over after that.

Silly me -- here I was thinking that it just started yesterday...

Oh, wait... it did.

But in about two months or so, it will indeed be warm again.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

YD wrote:Its snowing here and it's 1 degree.

BTW-not a cloud in the sky here... the east wind took them all away.

EAD, Drysider.
YD
Michael McDonald

Post by YD »

Hey Have you been to that 80's arcade in the pearl/chinatown?

Ground Effect.

Fucking awesome. Every game has a beerholder and they have bottles and cans on ice. good times.
YD
Michael McDonald

Post by YD »

Dinsdale wrote:
YD wrote:All of my Dinsdales in Portland are freaking out.

It's always fucking cold in winter in your goofy little burg.
Until Last week its been sunny and in the 60's. During the night it drops to 19, but you knew that. It's been a weird snow season. Meaning there hasn't been any snow until now.

Also I just went to a deecent micro mecca on the NE side. I think it was the Green Dragon or something. Cool place, even if it's a work in progress.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

YD wrote:
Ground Effect.

Ground Kontrol in Old Town, Ground Effect in the Pearl... tomayyyto, tomahhhhto.

Never been. Have some friends who just about live there, though.

The hardest I've ever seen it snow in my life... I was in your town... in March (Early April?) last year. Couldn't see across the damn hiway. Dumped like 5 inches in 10 minutes... then, it was clear again.

Nice climate you got over there... not.
YD
Michael McDonald

Post by YD »

It was Ground Control. I rolled into town the night before a Duck game and all my Dinsdaleish buddies were all there. The fukking place is dialed except they had some ghey house dj pumping technocrap at earsplitting volume.

They should keep it real and spin the 80's new wave.

Went to Gartner's for the boneless beef and pork ribs, and the tailgate was off the hook. We had actual Dinsdales coming up to us asking if we were grilling Gartner's. Never underestimate the hightened senses of a drunk Portlander.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

YD wrote:It was Ground Control.
I spotted you the spelling, yet you still manage to screw it up?

How very Bend of you.

Went to Gartner's for the boneless beef and pork ribs

Opposite corner of town from me, but I on an occasion do some grilling in the Northeastern reaches. Don't know where Gartner's gets their meat, but it fucking rocks.

I think that's where my buddy's mom comes up with the ridiculously good twice-baked potatoes, but that might be the butcher on Halsey... can't remember.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Some one already got off the global warming blast...yeah right...

I have been sitting here for about 40 minutes. Watch the sun set and the temp has dropped from a searing high of 25 degrees, to 20 degrees and the mother fucking wind is blowing 17.6 knots out of the east.

Before you East Coasters and Upper Midwest honks, tee off, I have to echo Dins take.

Give me back my modified marine temperate climate. Give me back the rain. I can work in the rain.

This shit happens this bad about every 5 years, last in 2003, but this one rivals '89..which was a late February thing. I plowed snow today..in Western fucking Oregon.

Kid calls me from Camp Lejeune today. 74 degrees and raining. Other kid e mails from Iraq..74 during the day, 25 at night..nice temp swing there.

Time to go home and drink Baileys on the rocks to warm up.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?