Penn State and U$C....

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

.m2
I swear to god . . .

Penn State and U$C....

Post by .m2 »

Unless U$C comes out uninspired (not likely for a Carroll coached team in a BCS bowl game), Penn State may hang around a little, but after watching them play against Ohio State early in the year (and struggling to a win), I think they will find out what other Big-10 teams have routinely discovered against the other PAC 10 teams and the Trojans in recent years - they play brutal, physical defense - and their team speed is something that they just haven't faced all season and couldn't hope to practice for.

Footnote- Oregon State would lose to Stanfurd in their first 4 games of every season... it's what they do.

Eventually, the speed breaks a play or two - and then USC wins by 17-21 points.

I am probably guilty of 'West Coast Bias' - but until the top Big-10 teams prove they have the speed to keep up with other top teams - I have to believe USC trounces Penn State.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Re: Penn State and U$C....

Post by peter dragon »

I've never seen the likes of a fan suck the nuts of a conference foe quite like .m2 does...

you sir deserve a round of applause!

douche!
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

peter dragon wrote:I've never seen the likes of a fan suck the nuts of a conference foe quite like .m2 does...

douche!

You lost by 40 to $C.... and you're once again playing in a BCS game.

Cal had a 10-3 lead against $C with 3 minutes to go... if it weren't for the PAC 10 officials.

Can the Ohio fake.... say that ?

the truth
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

.m2 wrote:
peter dragon wrote:I've never seen the likes of a fan suck the nuts of a conference foe quite like .m2 does...

douche!

You lost by 40 to $C.... and you're once again playing in a BCS game.

Cal had a 10-3 lead against $C with 3 minutes to go... if it weren't for the PAC 10 officials.

Can the Ohio fake.... say that ?

the truth

what does ohio state losing to USC have to do with the conversation?

We all saw the game.. we all saw the outcome.. did anyone dispute the game? I never brought up osu. only that you have the ability to swallow the cock of the leading team in the PAC-10, and talk about how great they are. other than JSC who switches teams at the drop of a hat, you are the greatest PAC 10 homer this board has ever seen. except for the Ball Sucking SEC homer, but I suspect he isnt real and is only a joke made up by the Big-12 people who frequent these boards. but i might be wrong. he might be a PSU creation..
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

and the truth that cal doesn't teach math

35-3 = a 32 point cushion not 40

the truth...
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I really like this matchup. There is no doubt that USC owns Pasadena. This will have to be a solid effort for PSU in every phase of the game, or it will be a loss.

I think PSU is ready for a test of this sort - a true measure of how far the program has come since 2003.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

The Rose Bowl got a big break when Oregon State lost, imho. Now the Rose has the most compelling of the non-championship BCS matchups, although I think USC has a definite advantage here. Not a knock against Penn State, just that USC is much better than most have thought all season.

Had Oregon State won, I think the Sugar Bowl would've had the most compelling non-championship matchup.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Hate to agree with m2ool, but I think USC will do to Penn State what they did to Illinois last year. Hope I'm wrong though.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

As soon as I finish staring at peter dragon's av, I might read this thread. Holy balls.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Wish USC could play Texas, if somebody wins convincingly they could get the AP-trophy.

Gotta take USC in this one. Their D is on fire. I'm not impressed with Sarkisian as an OC considering the ridiculous talent-level USC has, but they'll put-up enough to get a W.

USC 24
PSU 13
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

RadioFan wrote:Hate to agree with m2ool, but I think USC will do to Penn State what they did to Illinois last year. Hope I'm wrong though.

i don't think it will be as bad as Illinois last year, but playing USC in LA is awful for the Big Ten. There are a lot of reasons for this which I don't feel like going into today. But I was rooting for Oregon State so that the Big Ten would have a chance this year.

The whole bowl alignment is bad for the Big Ten again. We don't deserve 2 BCS teams, its not good.
Those who stay will be champions.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:The Rose Bowl got a big break when Oregon State lost, imho. Now the Rose has the most compelling of the non-championship BCS matchups, although I think USC has a definite advantage here. Not a knock against Penn State, just that USC is much better than most have thought all season.

Had Oregon State won, I think the Sugar Bowl would've had the most compelling non-championship matchup.
Maybe the Rose Bowl got a break but Pasadena and the rest of the area definitely did not. Half as many out of town fans coming in for the game means a big loss in money spent.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

RadioFan wrote:Hate to agree with m2ool, but I think USC will do to Penn State what they did to Illinois last year. Hope I'm wrong though.
nfw. illi was a fucking joke that got in on the merits of one well-timed upset, not because they were a decent team. and i haven't even begun to take into account the perfect storm that got osu back into the bcs, which sent illi to the rose.

penn state is a real football team. sc might beat them, but at least we'll be saved the annual 2nd half usc sideline party we get every year where the announcers have to fill two hours by talking about how passionate pete carrol is and how fun his practices are, not to mention the competition at every position.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

M Club wrote:
nfw. illi was a fucking joke that got in on the merits of one well-timed upset, not because they were a decent team. and i haven't even begun to take into account the perfect storm that got osu back into the bcs, which sent illi to the rose.

penn state is a real football team. sc might beat them, but at least we'll be saved the annual 2nd half usc sideline party we get every year where the announcers have to fill two hours by talking about how passionate pete carrol is and how fun his practices are, not to mention the competition at every position.
Michigan didnt make it to the Rose Bowl this year
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

was that your attempt at a dig? at least i'm a fan, frontrunner.