If you believe the Bible is supernatural you are stupid.

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Re: If you believe the Bible is supernatural you are stupid.

Post by Felix »

battery chucka' one wrote:Yes, my church is non-denominational and Christian. It's also a Bible based church.
but I thought you said you weren't religious and now your talking about attending church....

it must be a non-religious church
get out, get out while there's still time
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Post by battery chucka' one »

Felix wrote:
battery chucka' one wrote:Yes, my church is non-denominational and Christian. It's also a Bible based church.
but I thought you said you weren't religious and now your talking about attending church....

it must be a non-religious church
Church is a place of congregating with other believers to worship corporately. It's for fellowship and celebration. It's organized worship. What did you think it was for?
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

battery chucka' one wrote:
What did you think it was for?
obviously it's for a group of non-religious people to congregate for non-religious worship of a non-religious deity
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Felix wrote:
battery chucka' one wrote:
What did you think it was for?
obviously it's for a group of non-religious people to congregate for non-religious worship of a non-religious deity
Actually, it's for people who live by faith to congregate for worship of a Lord and Savior with whom they have a living relationship.

I don't think that qualifies as religion but, as Poptart says, if you want to call it such, it's alright. Just know that it is more than that.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

battery chucka' one wrote:Just know that it is more than that.
of course it's more than that....it's a deep, totally one-sided relationship with a make-believe friend that promises you glorious and everlasting life if you toe-the-line....
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:glorious and everlasting life if you toe-the-line
The point that chucka' and I have tried to show here is there IS no line to toe.

Christ did it.

It's simply a matter of recognizing that you are in a problem that you can never resolve, and recognizing that this Christ is the one, by His demonstration of the fact that he IS the Christ, has solved the problem for you.
You confess and receive Him and it is over.

No line to toe at all.

In religions (Islam, Catholicism, etc) you attain supposed salvation by your deeds.

You must act religiously.

In our case, we placed our faith in Christ and that's that.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:It's simply a matter of recognizing that you are in a problem that you can never resolve, and recognizing that this Christ is the one, by His demonstration of the fact that he IS the Christ, has solved the problem for you.
You confess and receive Him and it is over.

No line to toe at all.

In religions (Islam, Catholicism, etc) you attain supposed salvation by your deeds.
Then Christianity is religion even by your definition. You "recognize" that you are a problem you can't resolve, you confess and you receive him. You frequently reinforce your faith by attending church and attempting to obey the commandments of your holy book. Those are deeds.

Why are you so ashamed to admit the pitifully obvious fact that Christianity is a religion? I have to conclude it is because you understand on some level that all religion is complete bullshit.
Please, allow me to deconstruct this, piece by piece:
Then Christianity is religion even by your definition.
No. Don't see where that is.
You "recognize" that you are a problem you can't resolve,
Actually, this brings us to Christ. For many, the recognition is very subtle. For some, it's earthshaking. However, the recognition is what focuses our eyes on Him. Nothing more.
you confess
Again, the confession is what brings us to Him. However, it doesn't save us. It just makes it a little easier to accept Him if you think and accept that you actually need Him.
you receive him

Aha!! THAT'S what saves us.
You frequently reinforce your faith by attending church and attempting to obey the commandments of your holy book.
You lost me again. No one can keep the commandments on his or her own. To 'attempt' to keep them on their own is a fools errand. Doing it on one's own will actually erode faith. Church is for 1) learning about God's word (not unlike going to class while in college) and how to apply it to your life and 2) gathering with other believers to worship. It doesn't get you points in Heaven after you die. It doesn't save your soul.
Those are deeds.
No, they're not.
Why are you so ashamed to admit the pitifully obvious fact that Christianity is a religion?
Because to admit such wouldn't be the truth. I would be ashamed to admit that a non-truth is anything but what it is.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Religion is man attempting to reach up to God.
Christianity is God Himself coming down to man.

Belief in Christ is very life itself.

1John 5:12
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:Religion is man attempting to reach up to God.
Christianity is God Himself coming down to man.

Belief in Christ is very life itself.

1John 5:12
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
What bollocks. You people are seriously delusional. And I mean that in the worst way possible.
Why do you feel that way? Have you ever asked yourself that?
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:you are a brainless fuckwit.
we don't often agree, but here we've definitely found common ground
battery chucka' one
Elwood

mvscal wrote:It doesn't have a goddamn thing to do with "feelings", you moronic dipshit. Christianity is a religion by any and all definitions of the term. Period. End of Story.

If you think otherwise, you are a brainless fuckwit. Again...period. End of story.
Yes, but why is it that you feel that way?

Also, why have you yet to address my earlier answers to your inane comments? Is it deliberate? I'm sorry that the difference between religion and relationship is one that you can't grasp. It's unfortunate.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

At what point does AP look into his jizz-stained mirror, and proudly exclaim "at least I'm not BCO"?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
battery chucka' one
Elwood

mvscal wrote:
battery chucka' one wrote:I'm sorry that the difference between religion and relationship is one that you can't grasp. It's unfortunate.
There is no difference, dumbfuck. Every member of every religion claims a "relationship" with whatever supernatural being they worship. There is no exception.

Christianity meets every single criteria for the definition of a religion. No exception. Just as you meet every single criteria for mindless, shit eating fucktard. Again....no exceptions.
And what are these criteria that you have yet to disclose to us? Don't use the ones you used earlier as those were rather easily refuted.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Coupla Racks for Goobers asides in this thread.

And Seriously Pop - You quote the fuck out of the New testament as the direct, unfiltered word of a god.

Has it ever crossed your mind that, as Dinsdale mentioned in another thread, the version of the bible you hold up as the true word of god was translated several times over the centuries from one language to another, and then the translations were rewritten but not word for word[/i] by the church of England to conform to their own system of beliefs in the year 1604?

It was interpreted, modified, and molded to suit 16th/17th century cultural attitudes and beliefs.

And yet you still believe that, given the influence the CoE had on society in those days, that they retained the exact words and concepts of a people and culture as far removed from them as we are to 16th century England?

Ponderous.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

battery chucka' one wrote:Please, allow me to deconstruct this, piece by piece:
Then Christianity is religion even by your definition.
No. Don't see where that is.
Well then let me see if I can help. In your own religion definition post, one of the entries was "something one believes in and follows devotedly." This has nothing to do with rites or sacraments, just blind faith and devotion, which you and 'tart repeatedly say is all that's required.

See it now?
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits