Go Spartans, Beat OSU!

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

.m2
I swear to god . . .

Go Spartans, Beat OSU!

Post by .m2 »

If you haven't noticed, Michigan State will be playing Ohio State on Saturday at 12:30 PST.

Obviously, this game has huge repercussions.

My take from the beginning of the College Football season....

http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewto ... =5&t=29020

.m2 wrote:Good analysis, Magoo.

Michigan State will be 6-1 when they face a 6-1 Ohio State...and you guys have a very good chance of taking that game.

See ya.... in Pasadena

Ahhhh, It's good being "the truth".

Any thoughts on the biggest game of the season so far in the Big 10 ?
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Go Spartans, Beat OSU!

Post by Goober McTuber »

.m2 wrote:Any thoughts on the biggest game of the season so far in the Big 10 ?
I believe the Badgers squeak one out in Iowa City.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I'm cautiously optimistic. I won't predict the W, but I like MSU's chances about as well as I like OSU's - about 50/50. More thoughts on the game later in the week.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

This is no doubt a winnable game for Sparty, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Cal beat MSU back in Week 1.

In typical fashion, since designating Pryor the starting QB, Tress has pretty much vaulted all passing plays from his playbook. If this were the original Tecmo Bowl, Michigan State's D would only have to scheme for two plays Saturday. And given that Mark Dantonio is a disciple of Tressel and probably knows his tendencies better than any other Big Ten coach (and almost better than any regular Buckeye football watcher), I can't see tOSU's offense putting a whole lot of points on the board in East Lansing. I do, however, have good faith that our defense will show up and continue to improve. If they can contain Ringer and force Hoyer into some 3rd-and-longs, then I like our chances. Cornerback Malcolm Jenkins has done nothing but help his future NFL draft status thus far, can't wait to see how he matches up with Mark Dell. Prediction to come later this week.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:
How does it feel to have your Rose Bowl season shot down the shitter by a scU-M team about to go 2-10?
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

mtool did the same thing with Tennessee after they embarrassed the pooh-bears the last two years. its how he makes him self feel as if his team has some influence on the national scene..

bucks by 7!
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

L45B wrote:This is no doubt a winnable game for Sparty, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Cal beat MSU back in Week 1.

Sure it does... Michigan State won't be the only "battle" tested team in this game. It's been a long time since MSU has gone OOC and played one of the big boys and it's paying off. They haven't had their normal collapse that they already would have had.

Michigan State has already played the best team they'll see all year... outside of Penn State.

This is why it's not going to end well for the Buckeyes in East Lansing.

the truth
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

.m2 wrote:
L45B wrote:This is no doubt a winnable game for Sparty, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Cal beat MSU back in Week 1.

Sure it does... Michigan State won't be the only "battle" tested team in this game. It's been a long time since MSU has gone OOC and played one of the big boys and it's paying off. They haven't had their normal collapse that they already would have had.

Michigan State has already played the best team they'll see all year... outside of Penn State.

the truth

NEWS FLASH!!! Cal isn't one of the big boys.. and hasn't been for a long while..
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

peter dragon wrote:
.m2 wrote:

the truth

NEWS FLASH!!! Cal isn't one of the big boys.. and hasn't been for a long while..

Really ?

Are you a southerner... Puff ???

Anyways, Cal has been ranked in the TOP 10 in the country.... at some point during each of the previous 4 seasons.

This is how they were viewed last year, before Nate went Nate.

Get your head outta' your ass, Puff.

the truth
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

.m2 wrote:
peter dragon wrote:
.m2 wrote:

the truth

Really ?

Are you a southerner... Puff ???

Anyways, Cal has been ranked in the TOP 10 in the country.... at some point during each of the previous 4 seasons.

This is how they were viewed last year, before Nate went Nate.

Get your head outta' your ass, Puff.

the truth
classic! bwa! to quote the reason you used to say the pooh-bears have been a national power, has the quote "The Golden Bears haven't played in a major bowl game since the 1959 Rose Bowl."

that's fabulous, thanks for making my point.. idiot!
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

peter dragon wrote:
classic! bwa! to quote the reason you used to say the pooh-bears have been a national power, has the quote "The Golden Bears haven't played in a major bowl game since the 1959 Rose Bowl."

Look "glue sniffer".... Cal doesn't have BCS bowls handed to them since they don't play in weak ass conference like the BIG 10.

We've seen your act the last 2 years... and you had your ass handed to you.

You guys should be banned from playing in the MNC game for the next 5 years.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

.m2 wrote:
peter dragon wrote:

Look "glue sniffer".... Cal doesn't have BCS bowls handed to them since they don't play in weak ass conference like the BIG 10.

We've seen your act the last 2 years... and you had your ass handed to you.

You guys should be banned from playing in the MNC game for the next 5 years.
Ohio State got to the national championship games by their own merit. the deserved to be in both of the last two BCS games. They finished the 06 season by beating the #2 team in the nation Ya should have seen the game it was against Michigan.. ohio state finished undefeated and played florida and got beat. where was Cal? oh watching from home. wishing they could have played in a bcs game.
in 07 they finished with one loss to a scrappy Illinois team, but alas everyone else has losses as well and Ohio state earned their second attempt at the BCS game. of course they lost to LSU. but again they deserved to be there. where was cal? oh. watching from home.

it must be nice to sit from the sideline wishing it was your team with 3 chances for BCS glory in 6 years instead of playing in the las vegas bowl with no shot what so ever of winning anything. must be nice to root for a team that has such low expectations every year..
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

peter dragon wrote:Ohio State got to the national championship games by their own merit. the deserved to be in both of the last two BCS games.
peter dragon wrote:of course they lost to LSU. but again they deserved to be there.

Yeah, right.

Ohio State was one of the top 2 teams in the country the last 2 years.... [huge eye rolls]

Delusional fuck.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Really?

was it OVER when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

brass tacks:-->if OSU's LINE's come to PLAY....that's the Ballgame.

(OSU's Line hasn't 'played' all year)

beat u to it.
.m2 wrote:

the truth
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

in 06 the Buckeyes went wire to wire during the season ranked #1 and beat the number 2 team in the country.. who would you have put in the game? finished #14 and played in the holiday bowl. boy i wish we would have gone there.. the holiday bowl is such a great bowl to be a part of, id trade a BCS game for the holiday anytime! fucking dolt

in 07 the buckeyes were took advantage of West Virgina, Missouri, Kansas and LSU who all lost in the last 4 weeks of the season. Cal dropped out of the to 25 in week 10 to never return.. surprise! i wish the buckeyes could have played in the armed forces bowl. thats a much better bowl game to play in than a bcs game.

its proven over and over, Cal isnt and hasnt been what you call a "big boy" in the college football landscape for decades. 1959 being the last big bowl game they played in as the proof. Cal is on the same level as a Purdue or Northwestern in the B10.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

peter dragon wrote: Cal is on the same level as a Purdue or Northwestern in the B10.

Well, you got me there... Puff.

Purdue and Northwestern have both been ranked in the TOP 10 at some point during each of the last 4 straight seasons, just like Cal.

I can't get anything by you.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

being ranked in the top 10 at least once during the last 4 seasons doesn't make you a big time program.. sorry to disappoint.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

peter dragon wrote:being ranked in the top 10 at least once during the last 4 seasons doesn't make you a big time program.. sorry to disappoint.
Jesus, you really are this stupid...

.m2 wrote: the TOP 10 at some point during each of the last 4 straight seasons, just like Cal.

Do I really need to explain what "each" means ?

I have a feeling I might... but, it's just a hunch.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

.m2 wrote:
peter dragon wrote:being ranked in the top 10 at least once during the last 4 seasons doesn't make you a big time program.. sorry to disappoint.
Jesus, you really are this stupid...

.m2 wrote: the TOP 10 at some point during each of the last 4 straight seasons, just like Cal.

Do I really need to explain what "each" means ?

I have a feeling I might... but, it's just a hunch.
was ranked during each of the last 4 seasons in the top 10. good for you.. what do you want a cookie? that doesnt make cal a national power. playing in BCS games, finishing in the top 10, and winning your conference on consistant basis does. since cal hasnt done these things they are a pretender. they cant even win the weak ass pac 10.
since 1959 they have won the PAC 10 one time and shared with USC twice. that isnt a big time program that is a pretender
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

.m2 wrote:
peter dragon wrote: Cal is on the same level as a Purdue or Northwestern in the B10.

Purdue and Northwestern have both been ranked in the TOP 10 at some point during each of the last 4 straight seasons, just like Cal.
Northwestern:

2006 - Started season by beating Miami of Ohio, then losing to New Hampshire. Beat Eastern Michigan, then lost six in a row. Show me which week they were in the Top 10.
2007 – Beat Northeastern and Nevada, then lost three in a row. Show me which week they were in the Top 10.

Purdue:

2005 – Beat Akron and Arizona, then dropped six in a row. Show me which week they were in the Top 10.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
How does it feel to have your Rose Bowl season shot down the shitter by a scU-M team about to go 2-10?
Actually, Screwball, they shot down our trip to Miami. I’m sure we’ll still go to a better bowl than Western Michigan will.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Goober McTuber wrote:
.m2 wrote:

Northwestern:

2006 - Started season by beating Miami of Ohio, then losing to New Hampshire. Beat Eastern Michigan, then lost six in a row. Show me which week they were in the Top 10.
2007 – Beat Northeastern and Nevada, then lost three in a row. Show me which week they were in the Top 10.

Purdue:

2005 – Beat Akron and Arizona, then dropped six in a row. Show me which week they were in the Top 10.

Why are Midwesterners so fucking slow ?

Sarcasm seems to just "flyover" their head.

Amazing.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yes, the sole reason MSU is 6-1 and has a chance to beat OSU is because they played CAL and has NOTHING to do with the fact this is the best coaching staff they've had in years.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Yes, the sole reason MSU is 6-1 and has a chance to beat OSU is because they played CAL and has NOTHING to do with the fact this is the best coaching staff they've had in years.
Easy there.... Mr. Magoo.

Your "Midwestern" is starting to show.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:This game should really have MSU battle tested because I don't think they'll face many teams in the conference as talented and as quick as Cal.

Just a little refresher for ya.

the truth
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

hmmm...mentioning Cal in with the powers that be is laughable...you want to crack on OSU getting to the MNC game...boy Tedford would have loved a shot doncha think...

but if the MNC were given to teams that had more Time Of Possession then Cal would get there...
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

I knew I could keep m200L in this conversation a little longer. But he's got a point, Kal is probably one of the three best teams west of the Mississippi when playing their games after Noon, Pacific time. The Sun Bowl committee is watching with great interest.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

and Air Force or some other Mountain West or lower tier ACC team is waiting for them to butt fuck them in the mouth...

Does anyone know the last time Cal was in a BCS bowl or won the Pac 10...tia...
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

.m2 wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
.m2 wrote:Well, you got me there... Puff.

Northwestern:

Purdue:

Why are Midwesterners so fucking slow ?

Sarcasm seems to just "flyover" their head.

Amazing.
My bad. I never knew you were capable of intentional humor.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Love those 60s and 70s! And the All-Time list.

Cal isn't considered a power by anyone other than Cal grads. And I sincerely believe that 99% of them would know better than to even suggest that.

Actually I believe the grads are quite sharp. It's those who bail after a semester or so that don't know shit from shinola.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Since Tedford arrived at Cal.... they've been the 2nd best team in the PAC 10 over that period of time.

If any other team in the country was in the PAC 10 during that same time period... they also would only be the 2nd best team in the PAC 10.

That's how that cookie crumbles.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

88 wrote:
.m2 wrote: No they haven't. Tedford has been there 7 years.
That's weird.... the truth says his first year was in 2002.

The truth is out there... 88.

Seek my friend... and you shall find the truth.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

.m2 wrote:
88 wrote:
.m2 wrote: No they haven't. Tedford has been there 7 years.
That's weird.... the truth says his first year was in 2002.

The truth is out there... 88.

Seek my friend... and you shall find the truth.
Yep, he's been there for 7 full years, and he is currently coaching his 8th season. Why is that so hard for you to follow? You need to spend some experience points and increase your verbal battle skills if you are going to argue semantics with a lawyer.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Much as it pains me to do so, I have to agree with mtool. 2002 was his first season. That makes 6 full seasons, he’s in the middle of his 7th.
Killian

Post by Killian »

I know, but I'm sure the sarcasm will fly right over his head.

:meds:
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

.m2 wrote:If any other team in the country was in the PAC 10 during that same time period... they also would only be the 2nd best team in the PAC 10.
Maryland could probably be the 2nd best team in the Pac-10 this year. Maryland and uhh.. basically any other notable team that beat Maryland.

Well, I take that back.

Basically any other notable team that beat Maryland before Noon, Pacific-time.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:Much as it pains me to do so, I have to agree with mtool. 2002 was his first season. That makes 6 full seasons, he’s in the middle of his 7th.
The question is, why is the semantics of that even relevant? I'm still waiting to hear 2oolio's retort to 88's link.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Much as it pains me to do so, I have to agree with mtool. 2002 was his first season. That makes 6 full seasons, he’s in the middle of his 7th.
The question is, why is the semantics of that even relevant? I'm still waiting to hear 2oolio's retort to 88's link.

Mr. Magoo, my diligent little Spartan friend... you can do better than this.... or I at least hope so.

.m2 wrote:Since Tedford arrived at Cal.... they've been the 2nd best team in the PAC 10 over that period of time.

Are you following... let me know if you're getting confused.

88 wrote:No they haven't. Tedford has been there 7 years. During that time, Cal is the 6th best team in the PAC 10. Didn't you look at the link I posted?

Do you see where 88 made his mistake ???

Let me help you out a bit.

His "link" is for the 2000-2007 seasons.... Tedford didn't coach the 2000 and 2001 seasons where the teams rank becomes distorted by the 4-18 record when Tedford wasn't there.

If you take the 2002-2007 seasons.... the one's "Tedford" coached, you'll see that Cal has the 2nd best record in the PAC 10 as previously stated by "the truth."

Let me know if any of that "flew over" your Midwestern brain.

If so, you can have the "leprechaun" who posted a couple of posts up from this... and I'm sure he'll do the math for you.

Being that he's a "Spartan" that's in love with the pot of "Fool's Gold" down in South Bend.

the truth
Killian

Post by Killian »

What's in South Bend, douche bag? I've never been to South Bend in my life.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

88 wrote:By the way, Ohio State is 72-12 in that same time frame.
I dunno, 88. The crybaby populace would claim that tOSU should be 71-13, since that one ref practically handed them the game against Miami. Just as Cal probably should be like 81-0, with all the games they won in Time of Possession & Yards Per Rush, as well as the games that they probably should have played after Noon, Pacific Time.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

That appears to be based on their overall records. Where do they rank when you only consider the Pac 10 games?