Cowboys hurting...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Nacho
Elwood

Cowboys hurting...

Post by Nacho »

First got to give props to the Cards for playing a heck of a game. Their D-line flat out won that game. I would like to point out that the Cards are really an NFC East team.

I shall now put on my myopia shades and address a few issues facing the Cowboys...

[Insert myopic shades]

errr I mean the Greatest team in the World Dallas Cowboys....

All is going to plan for world and league domination. It is time for everyone to be afraid.....

Espically all you queer ass faggy buttlickers who are too gay and stupid to understand how stupid and gay you are. You all like to lick butts with your queer tongues....

Now that all that is out of the way. Here is my Epic Take...

1. Romo is likely out for a month. This will give him a chance to get some rest and bang that blond a few times and get that situation out of the way for a while. Maybe until after the Cowboys win the Superbowl this season. So that should take care of the whole is she a distraction crapola that got so much run last year... He just needs to get a different type of groove on...

2. Brad Johnson will step in and old check down will keep the offense moving. Would not be surprised to see another run of victories heading the Cowboys way. I mean they do have the best players in the league so they have to win right?

3. Felix Jones is dinged up. This will just give him more time to learn the Cowboys offense.

4. The Special teams are living up to that short bus term... But after a showing like that they have to do better. I mean they can't do any worse. So this is another area that really doesn't need to be addressed as you can only get better from this point.

5. The offensive line was just that... Offensive... Now with the guilt that their bad play cost Romo a broken pinky they will play with that bad attitude a REAL OFFENSIVE line is supposed to have. So this will only trigger an uprising of unparralelled proportions. Look for Barbarian to start to have several 300 yard games on the ground as he is set to shatter the NFL single season rushing record with 3000 yards gained.

6. T.O. now that Romo is out teams are going to forget about covering him since they think that Johnson doesn't have an arm to get the ball downfield. I think he should be able to get about 38 Td's from this point to the end of the season.

I could go on and on but I am starting to get a headache.....

WAR COWBOYS!!!!

OUT!

[/remove myopic shades]

ummmm errrr FUCK!!!!
Save me some of that corn for laters...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Cowboys hurting...

Post by Shoalzie »

Rumors are swirling up in Leoland about Kitna possibly being available. He is among several guys thrown around in trade talks including Roy Williams...a guy that would love to go back home to Texas someday.

Kitna wouldn't really be that much of an improvement from Johnson for the Cowboys and I really think Kitna's attitude would clash big time with T.O. Those two would be at each other's throats after the first pass he under throws to him. I don't see it being a good fit for Kitna or for the Cowboys.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

No way will the Cowboys trade Johnson at this point of the season. Kitna does not know this offense. Bradie James a defensive captain would not like it much either.

It would be nice to see Williams in Dallas. Then they would have a chance with at least one Roy Williams showing up in a given week.

I see Brad stepping up and being a leader. I expect to see a better overall outing in the next few games with him at helm. Hopefully Tony will learn something durring this time in taking that next step in leadership of this team.

Someone has to step up and show some heart and leadership.

Applications and resumes for special teams coach need to start being collected....
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Nacho wrote:Applications and resumes for special teams coach need to start being collected....
Ya'll can have Danny Smith.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I would love for the Cowgirls to win all 4 weeks Romo is out just to see TO go to the media with a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" comment. Then, when Romo is back and starts to Romo a game away, TO will be bitching at him on the sideline.

Aww fuck it. Never mind. Here's to the Cowgirls losing out and going 4-12. Fuck the Cowgirls and the horsecock they rode in on.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Shoalzie wrote:Rumors are swirling up in Leoland about Kitna possibly being available.
Available, but useless. Just heard on the radio that Kitna is headed for IR.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

And the hurt keeps coming....

errrrr

[Insert myopic shades]

Listen up you tools. I am about to educate you bunch of faggy butt lickers in the way things are in regards to the Dallas Cowboys....

I don't want to hear any crying or bitching about this or that, you retarded bunch of pussies, just get in line and start respecting the Greatest Team in Sport, the Dallas Cowboys.....

Here goes....

McBriar is lost for the season. While on the outside losing one of the best punters in the league might make a few teams worry about their special teams unit, the Cowboys have no need to worry. You see the Cowboys have this dude named Pacman who has been called the "Greatest Special Teams Player Of All Time" by someone who used to coach him. So what do the Cowboys do. Well they either go all Madden and never punt the rest of the season or they move their Ace Pacman back to kick. I fully expect Pac to lead the league in punting by the end of the year with about a 75 yard average. Of course he won't be able to go to the probowl as a punter because he will have punted about 6 times as I am sure nobody will be able to stop the cowboys from scoring now that they are pisssed off about Romo getting hurt.

Now is the time for the rest of the league to start giving the Cowboys their respect and adoration. The remaining games to be played are all but a formality as the Cowboys are going to use this as a way to leap them into a Championship.

You haters either better join the bandwagon or get out of the way as nothing is going to stop this mother from getting to it's final destination.

WAR COWBOYS!

OUT!

[/Remove myopic shades]

This fucking headache is just not going away....

Maybe another drink will help....
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

Pacman Jones just got suspended
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Hearing lots of rumors on the radio involving rumors with Roy Williams...supposedly the Eagles and Cowboys are in the hunt and the Cowboys have offered a 2nd and a 3rd round pick. The Lions would be foolish not to take that offer. Then again...
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

DamnTheCowboys wrote:Pacman Jones just got suspended
Where the fuck are you Nacho?

I'm sure it's "siesta" time with a fucking name like that!

Karma is a bitch and the Cowgirls will be lucky to make the playoffs!

WAR Premature ejaculation! errrr.....Cowgirl fans!
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Williams is headed to Dallas, per Werder.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

rhymenocerous wrote:Williams is headed to Dallas, per Werder.

Yup...locally that is being reported. Supposedly it is for a first round pick and possibly more. Great move by the Lions.

What the hell am I saying?
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

...whackman is out for the next four weeks and then Goodell will review his behavior during the suspension period to determine if he will be suspended the rest of the year.

"Adam Jones has been suspended for at least four games for his most recent violation of the league's personal conduct policy, according to ESPN. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said he is suspended indefinitely without pay, and added, "Jones' disturbing pattern of behavior was clearly inconsistent with the conditions I set for your continued participation in the NFL."
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Lions get the Cowboys' 1st, 3rd and 6th round pick in 2009 for Williams and the Lions 7th round pick in 2009

per Dallas Morning News via the local radio station

The Lions have put Jon Kitna on IR as well...meaning he's pretty much done as a Lion.

Also, supposedly Tony Gonzalez has been traded as well.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Shoalzie wrote:

Yup...locally that is being reported. Supposedly it is for a first round pick and possibly more. Great move by the Lions.

I think it's an ok move seeing as Roy was destined for Dallas eventually. Better to get something for him now rather than nothing later. I would like to see the new GM, whomever that may be, hired sooner than later in order to make the personnel decisions. Bill Cowher please pick up the phone.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Nice to see Jerry address the defense at the trade deadline. Let the Cowboys melt commence
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Shoalzie wrote:

And an even better move for my FFL team. Thank you Jesus for getting Roy out of NFL purgatory.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Can Roy Williams play CB as well?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

stuckinia wrote:Can Roy Williams play CB as well?
The Terrible Beagles don't give a damn. In fact, a weak Dallas secondary is even better since they'll be more likely to shoot it out with other teams.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Big Roy Williams fan here but gotta be real.

WTF were the 'Pokes thinkin'? A 1st, 3rd, and 6th? For Roy Williams? :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

rozy wrote:Big Roy Williams fan here but gotta be real.

WTF were the 'Pokes thinkin'? A 1st, 3rd, and 6th? For Roy Williams? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Lions got tremendous value for a potential free agent and a guy that didn't want to be here anymore. In recent years, they've had to move some unhappy star players and haven't gotten nearly as good a return as they got in this deal. They trade Bly for 'False Start' Foster and 'Bag Thief' Bell and then they trade Rogers for Bodden and a pick. The jury is out on Bodden so I'll hold off on saying that was a terrible trade. However...both moves were done by Millen and this Williams trade was done by interim GM Martin Mayhem. I don't really want him to be the Lions' GM going forward but at least he's made a move to improve the team's future.

As for Roy in Dallas...I can see his play improving in a place that he'll feel more comfortable in. The Cowboys immediately sign him to an extension so he's got a very stable situation with a QB who is the same age as him. Roy has definitely shown he's one of the great divas at the receiver spot and he drops way too many passes but he should do well in Dallas. He never had a great QB in Detroit and I can say that his biggest flaws are his onfield antics and he's not been one that gets into trouble off the field. He's actually a lot like T.O. or Chad Johnson. All of their drama is involving football...not the away from the game stuff that has plagued a guy like Moss in his past.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Cowboys hurting? Check
Cowboys going Galloway again? Check
Jerry going crazy trying to make another Superbowl run? Check

Welcome Cowboyfans to another run of 5-11 seasons.

Fukkkkk
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

It's way to early to jump of the wagon....

There are positives to the move to getting Williams. It will add that extra receiver all the honks were saying the Cowboys lacked. Sure they might have been able to pick him up in the off season but that would have been a bidding war with Philly. It might be a money saver to get him in and sign him now before the off season exagerates his worth like most free agents. They were going to spend a first round on a WR in next years draft anyway.

But of course now that the Cowboys addressed their WR issue all the honks are on them about not getting another corner. Which leads me to ask this question. WHAT FUCKING CB WAS OUT THERE THAT WOULD BE BETTER THEN THE ROOKIES THEY HAVE NOW THAT ALREADY KNOW THEIR FUCKING DEFENSE? There aren't any corners available that are worth shit at this point of the season and no team is going to let a good one go without a much higher price tag then the one the Cowboys paid for Williams for the most part.

Romo is pushing to get back in the line up. Maybe not the smartest choice but it does show some freaking heart and that translates well when he gets back. Johnson will do a good job and not make too many mistakes as long as the O-line starts playing again. It would not suprise me to see Johnson start winning and then all the honks will be saying there is a QB controversy in Big D.

I am not sure if the book is closed on Pacman yet. So far it seems the Cowboys are cutting ties with him but they are still holding on as well. IF he goes through rehab and IF he is reinstated and IF the Cowboys secondary continues to fall apart then there is a slight chance he will be back. But if the secondary plays well or even just fair I think he is gone.

There is still time to right this ship and I think the Cowboys front office and coaching staff are doing whatever they can to do that. It might appear desperate but they do have a ton of talent and to not do something drastic is giving up on this season. Fighters fight and I expect the team to start playing better after all this turmoil.

This is when the Cowboys character as a team is being tested. If they give up the season is lost.

I want to see them STEP THE FUCK UP and be the Dallas Cowboys!
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Nacho wrote:It's way to early to jump of the wagon....
There are positives to the move to getting Williams. It will add that extra receiver all the honks were saying the Cowboys lacked. Sure they might have been able to pick him up in the off season but that would have been a bidding war with Philly. It might be a money saver to get him in and sign him now before the off season exagerates his worth like most free agents. They were going to spend a first round on a WR in next years draft anyway.
Why? not only do the 'boys have trouble at corner, they also seem to have some potential problems on the OL. Romo has taken a lot of hits this year and I'm fairly certain that OL isn't as talented as they thought it was. Trading away a 1st round pick that might have generated an OL was reason 1 that this trade was a mistake.

But of course now that the Cowboys addressed their WR issue all the honks are on them about not getting another corner. Which leads me to ask this question. WHAT FUCKING CB WAS OUT THERE THAT WOULD BE BETTER THEN THE ROOKIES THEY HAVE NOW THAT ALREADY KNOW THEIR FUCKING DEFENSE? There aren't any corners available that are worth shit at this point of the season and no team is going to let a good one go without a much higher price tag then the one the Cowboys paid for Williams for the most part.
Fair point about the lack of CBs available but this goes back to my point above. Why give up so much for a WR when you can potentially use that pick in the draft next year to address for pressing needs. With all the weapons the Cowboys have on offense, was Roy Williams really that much of a need; at least for what it cost them? The consensus is no fucking way.

Romo is pushing to get back in the line up. Maybe not the smartest choice but it does show some freaking heart and that translates well when he gets back. Johnson will do a good job and not make too many mistakes as long as the O-line starts playing again. It would not suprise me to see Johnson start winning and then all the honks will be saying there is a QB controversy in Big D.
Romo's salary says otherwise on both issues.
I am not sure if the book is closed on Pacman yet. So far it seems the Cowboys are cutting ties with him but they are still holding on as well. IF he goes through rehab and IF he is reinstated and IF the Cowboys secondary continues to fall apart then there is a slight chance he will be back. But if the secondary plays well or even just fair I think he is gone.
He's done.
There is still time to right this ship and I think the Cowboys front office and coaching staff are doing whatever they can to do that. It might appear desperate but they do have a ton of talent and to not do something drastic is giving up on this season. Fighters fight and I expect the team to start playing better after all this turmoil.
Nice, myopic response.
This is when the Cowboys character as a team is being tested. If they give up the season is lost.

I want to see them STEP THE FUCK UP and be the Dallas Cowboys!
You mean the ones from the past few years? I'm fairly certain their on track to finish the same way.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

jiminphilly wrote:Fair point about the lack of CBs available but this goes back to my point above. Why give up so much for a WR when you can potentially use that pick in the draft next year to address for pressing needs. With all the weapons the Cowboys have on offense, was Roy Williams really that much of a need; at least for what it cost them? The consensus is no fucking way.
It's a need if you're planing to trade/hand T.O. his walking papers after this season. Which is exactly what I think the Cowboys are planning to do. T.O. is 34 and dropping balls left and right. His day's as a sure fire #1 receiver are almost over, even if he doesn't realize it yet. Which means his #1 receiver salary needs to take a cut. Since we all know he won't do that, where does that leave the Cowboys? Right now it leaves them with the realistic option to trade Owens after this season and possibly recoup that #1 pick they traded for Williams. And if Owens goes "T.O." on the situation and destroys his value, they can cut his ass without suffering a horrible dropoff at the WR position.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BSmack wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:Fair point about the lack of CBs available but this goes back to my point above. Why give up so much for a WR when you can potentially use that pick in the draft next year to address for pressing needs. With all the weapons the Cowboys have on offense, was Roy Williams really that much of a need; at least for what it cost them? The consensus is no fucking way.
It's a need if you're planing to trade/hand T.O. his walking papers after this season. Which is exactly what I think the Cowboys are planning to do. T.O. is 34 and dropping balls left and right. His day's as a sure fire #1 receiver are almost over, even if he doesn't realize it yet. Which means his #1 receiver salary needs to take a cut. Since we all know he won't do that, where does that leave the Cowboys? Right now it leaves them with the realistic option to trade Owens after this season and possibly recoup that #1 pick they traded for Williams. And if Owens goes "T.O." on the situation and destroys his value, they can cut his ass without suffering a horrible dropoff at the WR position.

No team in the NFL is going to trade a #1 for Owens. The Eagles traded a player and a 5th rounder and a player for Owens and while he had 1 foot out the door; his value wasn't worth more 1st rounder, otherwise another team would have offered it. So at best he's worth a 3 or 4 and that's mostly because of his attitude not his skill level. His play hasn't diminished any- he's always had trouble with drops. He's a fitness freak and he can still outrun most corners after the catch. The door is open to cut him (roster bonus in '09) but I'm sure the Cowboys would at least attempt to get back a 3rd rounder... They just signed Owens to a new contract and while it seems to amount to a 1 year deal, did the Cowboys really just trade a 1st round pick for a good (not great) WR in Williams as an eventual replacement of Owens (assuming they get a 3rd or 4th for Owens in a trade)?

That's still reaching for a team that has very dire issues at the CB and OL positions.

Look at this way; Even if they had to overpay a bit for Williams in the free agency market, they could have used the eventual TO money if they cut or traded him, saved a 1st and 3rd round pick and perhaps picked up another 3rd in the process. Williams wanted to come to TX- that was no secret.

This move was an overreaction by Jones. Pure and simple.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

Jimissilly are you really that fucking stupid or do you just like to make stupid remarks?

First...

"A pick that might have generated an OL was reason 1 this trade was a mistake" Or a pick that potentially is a OL bust would be laughed at. I will take a proven probowl receiver over an unproven late first round OL prospect that would most likely take years to develop to become solid offensive line help. I don't think you have done your homework on the Dallas offensive line. Your logic is laughable....

Second...

Dallas choose to stay away from a bidding war against a rival who would have more money to spend and get the guy they believe can help them now. The draft picks they used wash themselves out with the picks they get back from the whole Pacman ordeal. It pretty much costs them their first round pick for the most part. They still have a number of picks they could use to get back to the first round if they decided to as well.

Third...

So what you are saying that if Johnson goes in and plays efficiently wins a few games then there is grounds for a QB controversy in Dallas? Really that is your stupid ass point? Johnson a 40+ year old QB over Romo a two time probowler and Face of their Franchise who is showing heart and trying to do his best to not miss any games? You may be really fucking stupid because that is one of the most idiotic things I have read on this board.

Fourth...

It's ok for a fan to be myopic from time to time. It is what makes a fan, well, a fan. So thanks....

Fifth...

Yes, the Cowboys. The team that has enough talent to bring that sixth ring back to the other FIVE it already has.

Yes, I mean those freaking DALLAS COWBOYS!