OSU vs. USC In Game

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: OSU vs. USC In Game

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

A lot of people were able to lock into 11 points or so before the Wells injury status. I'm guessing a ton more people took SC after his loss despite the spread hike. Looking at the Pick'Em thread very few people went with the Bucks outside of OSU fans.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i bet USC -7 for first half line

i liked them -10+ and thought they would beat tOSU up, so why not get the quick win
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

88 wrote:I hate this feeling. All I want to do is break shit.
I chucked a couch cushion and my slipper. When I threw the slipper, it rebounded off the wall, knocked over my bong, and spilled bongwater all over my coffee table. Serves me right.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I'd go ahead and put Pryor in. I just can't see the voters giving tOSU another shot at the championship after this. Boeckmann is not a championship-level qb, and wins maybe one more game this season than Pryor would. Might as well get Pryor started towards becoming head-cheese. Just drill into his head to play within himself and not try to play superstar and he should do OK.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

88 wrote:
.m2 wrote:
88 wrote:I hate this feeling. All I want to do is break shit.
I chucked a couch cushion and my slipper. When I threw the slipper, it rebounded off the wall, knocked over my bong, and spilled bongwater all over my coffee table. Serves me right.
Serves you right, you fucking stoner. You should be smoking out of an apple on game day, dog.
I wasn't even awake when it was 14-0. Thought it was a bad dream and tried to go back to sleep.

I don't wake and bake like I did in Kindergarten.

We'll take care of that $C monster later this year on our way to our 15th straight MNC.

Good to hear you pissed on Michigan guys lawn. I feel better just hearing about it... and I don't even hate Michigan.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Props to SC and the Trojan fans in here. You guys simply dominated every aspect of this game without much difficulty. I thought OSU's second offensive drive had their defense a little on their heels, but when you can't punch it in for 7 that's just not gonna cut it versus a team as high caliber as USC. I wanted to believe that this team had a little more fight in it, but I was way off. A healthy Beanie Wells certainly wasn't going to keep the Trojan's offense from shredding the OSU defense. Jeezus, this staff can't seem to learn from any of the mistakes from the past two seasons. Makes me sick to my stomach. This is completely unacceptable to me as a fan.

Pretty much agree with 88 and the other Buckeye posters here. As much as I appreciate the dedication to the program of guys like Laurinaitis, Jenkins & Boone for sticking around for their senior seasons, I must say that I will be happy when we move on from this group. In my opinion, this group of upper classmen unfairly inherited the tough and never-say-die reputation that the '02 team established. These guys haven't earned a damn thing except a reputation of being a soft & slow team that can't win, let alone compete, against elite competition. I hope Pryor and some of these younger kids watched closely tonight and learned that they never EVER want to experience the kind of ass-kicking that USC laid on them. They should be pissed and upset and in the faces of their teammates, but there is no leadership at all. Anyways, just my immediate postgame rant. Again, hats off to SC, they deserved the glory tonight.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

you guys need to throw in pryor and concede the season. the rage will melt away once you understand you're not going to accomplish anything of note. this is the first time ever that michigan lost and my response was: huh. it's much easier to absorb a loss when you can't say stuff like, "if only this team had some fire," or, "where's the leadership?" nope, we just suck, and, well, that's that.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

M Club wrote:you guys need to throw in pryor and concede the season. the rage will melt away once you understand you're not going to accomplish anything of note. this is the first time ever that michigan lost and my response was: huh. it's much easier to absorb a loss when you can't say stuff like, "if only this team had some fire," or, "where's the leadership?" nope, we just suck, and, well, that's that.

I feel sort of the same way as you about Michigan. Let's Pryor had chose to go to Michigan instead and he was the starting QB and they looked like a team that could win right away for Rodriguez, then I'd probably get more upset about the losses. I didn't get mad about the Utah game other than the first half and with Saturday, it was pretty much just the first quarter but the constant turnovers in the second half wore on me quite a bit as well.

If I was assured that this year would be the worst year of Rodriguez's tenure at Michigan and this year is just part of the process into this program going through this transition, I can live with it. If you're going to look at this year and think that being mediocre or bad is going to ruin your experience as a Michigan fan, well you're just being unrealistic. Honestly, how many major programs win immediately with a new coach? More importantly, do you really take the first year of a new coach's tenure seriously when you consider most of those players weren't guys that new coach recruited.

As for Ohio State, if leaving Wells out of this game means having him for the rest of the year and they win out the rest of the way...it turns out to be a good decision by Tressel. If they did play him Saturday and they still got smoked and his foot doesn't heel and in fact gets worse...it ruins the rest of their season. I think Tressel didn't want to let this one game mess up the rest of their season when they still have conference play to worry about. As for Pryor, I think they should look at splitting the snaps equally and perhaps going with Pryor for entire series and not just plays. He's nothing more than a decoy now but he could develop as a better weapon with more reps in an actual game.
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

That was a F'in joke...This team is vastly overrated on the national scale. I really wish James L, and the seniors that stayed would have left for the nfl.

What's next, I still make a run at the big 10 title but I'm playing the younger guys alot to get them experience. I hope T Pryor takes control of this team along with Brewster, Adams and the rest of the younger guys.

The first big loss (fla) killed me. The second (LSU) hurt bad. This one, I didn't feel any pain....getting used to these loses is not a good thing...................
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Fitting pic
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

That would be a perfect avatar for TrojanFan...any clue on whose lid that was?

EDIT--It says Herron in the file name. Seeing the #4 for USC threw me off because I forget that both McKnight and Kevin Ellison wear #4.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Shoalzie wrote:That would be a perfect avatar for TrojanFan...any clue on whose lid that was?

EDIT--It says Herron in the file name. Seeing the #4 for USC threw me off because I forget that both McKnight and Kevin Ellison wear #4.
Yep Shoalzie it is.
FIGHT ON!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Looks good...wear it proud.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Shoalzie wrote:Looks good...wear it proud.
Thanks.

That game last night was, well, satisfying. Very satisfying. The SC defense is all that. It was awesome to see Rey get that pick-six. He's always been a beast but his
knock has always been overrunning plays and a weak pass cover guy.

The SC offense can only get better. Sanchez gives the Trojans this year what Booty could not the last two years...a deep threat and some mobility, providing his knee continues to improve.
He can actually hit guys 20 yards plus down the field.

The running backs are special and the wide receivers have a chance to be. It looks like Damian Williams is becoming the "go to" receiver for Sanchez.

This team has a chance to be Pete's best. Barring injury, look out. The season is still very young though.
FIGHT ON!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Just curious, when did Carroll convert Ronald Johnson to a wide receiver?

I can remember the little DB recruiting battle between Michigan and USC had with Johnson and Donovan Warren. Carroll stole Johnson out Michigan and then Carr got Warren out of Southern California.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

I was just bumping around reviewing some things from last night.

In the 2nd half, Ohio State had 6 possesions...21 plays, 25 net yards!

:shock:

Holy shit.
FIGHT ON!
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

GreginPG wrote:I was just bumping around reviewing some things from last night.

In the 2nd half, Ohio State had 6 possesions...21 plays, 25 net yards!

:shock:

Holy shit.

when teams are defeated, doesnt matter how much time left, they are defeated.

USC is physical, and tOSU hasnt seen that in years. teams tend to fold up and get in the position after being hit hard and on every play.

would like to see how OU,UF, or MU could do against the USC defense. I still say to beat USC, you have to be able to throw the ball downfield.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

RoJo has been a WR since getting to USC, after Benedict Holland turned other schools recruiter last summer the Trojans needed a deep threat at WR with VH1 being the possesion guy and Turner being the big guy.

I love Sanchez's energy, on top of giving the offense the mobility and deep threat that Booty didnt give, he gives them the type of leader that the team will ralley behind. One play from last night that comes to mind is when he flips the ball to a back and then runs up field and plants his helmet in the center of Laurenitas' chest trying to make a block, he will get razzed on form by his teammates but they will appreciate him for the effort.

Seemed like Williams fell down a few times on routes but he and Sanchez have been buddies since Williams got to USC a year and a half ago and theyre quickly becoming a hell of a tandem, dont know where Mitch Mustain has been or why he hasn't been hanging with Sanchez and the recievers as much.

My oldest got a 47 jersey from Chango at the Spring Game and with the long blonde hair he has been doing all he could to pass for a mini Clay Matthews Jr. Several female students saw the jersey he was wearing at the tailgate yesterday and it occured to me that Clay must get ass like a boyband member on campus at USC as every girl that saw him in the jersey cheered for mini-Clay.

Hope all the OSU fans had a great experience at the game, the funniest part was when one female OSU fan was talking to my wife after the Game Day taping and said that it was too bad a program like USC didnt have an on campus stadium and my wife pointed across the street and said "see those brick buildings right there, thats the school" The lady came back by and saw us after spending an hour or so walking around the campus and said she hadnt realized the school was that close to the stadium or was that beautiful then she asked my wife if she would see us next year in Columbus and my wife said yeah...sweet wont have to try to talk her in to that one.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

SoCalTrjn wrote:
I love Sanchez's energy, on top of giving the offense the mobility and deep threat that Booty didnt give, he gives them the type of leader that the team will ralley behind. One play from last night that comes to mind is when he flips the ball to a back and then runs up field and plants his helmet in the center of Laurenitas' chest trying to make a block, he will get razzed on form by his teammates but they will appreciate him for the effort.
Let's not get crazy. Yes, Sanchez ran up field and attempted to block Laurinaitis. He may have attempted to plant his helmet in the center of his chest but was unsuccessful. Sanchez may have gotten a little piece of him. Hell, Laurinaitis even got in on the tackle.
FIGHT ON!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I said "trying" to make a block and they'll razz "his form", he even ran past the guy that made the tackle to try to hit Laurenitas but you dont think his teammates appreciate their QB trying to hit the other teams all american linebacker? I bet when the team watches the film, they goes crazy with that block "attempt". Had the game been close or had the team lost, theyd bust on him for it but these guys are going to have fun watching that play on film, "come on Mark, point your seat at your feet, sky your eyes, break down and hit em"
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

SoCalTrjn wrote:I said "trying" to make a block and they'll razz "his form", he even ran past the guy that made the tackle to try to hit Laurenitas but you dont think his teammates appreciate their QB trying to hit the other teams all american linebacker? I bet when the team watches the film, they goes crazy with that block "attempt". Had the game been close or had the team lost, theyd bust on him for it but these guys are going to have fun watching that play on film, "come on Mark, point your seat at your feet, sky your eyes, break down and hit em"
I agree. I'm sure they will appreciate his effort and yeah, he'll probably get razzed a little bit.

I guess I'm just having trouble comprehending this...One play from last night that comes to mind is when he flips the ball to a back and then runs up field and plants his helmet in the center of Laurenitas' chest trying to make a block,

I'm just sayin, his helmet was never in the center of dude's chest.
FIGHT ON!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I was using that play as an example of what type of player and leader he is, yeah he may not be the best blocker but many other QBs would have just flipped the ball to the back and then stood behind the line of scrimage watching as the back went up against the defender. His team mates will commend his effort for it and then give him a hard time on the results but theyre going to have a good time with it and Im sure all of them appreciate his effort. Sanchez is becoming a QB that this team can ralley behind and fight for and I think that may have been missing the last couple years.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i think the point about sanchez is taken. as far as that particular play, he should of just ran it himself considering he very nearly out ran the actual pass. the play only went for two or three yards, non?
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

props to usc. the better team won. i agree with snake, these losses in big games is getting old.

what happened to that fire? just because you have the jersey doesnt mean teams are just going to lay down and let you beat them.. you have to go out there and take it.. disgusting.. simply disgusting

wonder if all those seniors now wish they would have left early..
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Theyll wish they had left early come draft day when they hear all the USC guys names called before theirs
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

As I said in my other thread...had a great time tailgating...

my seats were awesome section 16 ROW FUCKING 2...saw Juice, Anthony Munoz, Ronnie Lott, etc...cool atmosphere...nice campus...

very good time...had a michigan fan giving us shit...we started making fun of his girlfriend and he shut up...

props again and it was a good roadie...

by the way flying out of Orange County is pretty fucking cool
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

the airport is named after a Trojan alumn