Ike in Game

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Ike in Game

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:So... 50MPH gusts and heavy rains cause this level of "disaster"?
Where was it only 50 mph? Houston got hit by 100-110 mph winds.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

.m2 wrote:
BSmack wrote:m2,

Houston is 13 feet above sea level. If a 20 foot storm surge comes up Galveston Bay, how is it that Houston is not affected?
It won't.

See me tomorrow.

Then I'll tell you why it didn't happen.

It's rather simple...
GALVESTON, Texas (AP) — Experts say Hurricane Ike's storm surges are less severe than originally predicted and the worst is probably over.

Hydrologist Benton McGee from the U.S. Geological Survey says the highest storm surge will probably remain 13.5 feet at Sabine Pass in Texas.

He says a 5-foot storm surge was recorded in the Houston area. Now the big concern is inland flooding.

The surge at Galveston, where Ike made landfall, was about 11 feet.

Forecasters had predicted a surge of up to 25 feet. That would've been the highest in recorded history in Texas — above 1961's Hurricane Carla, which brought a 22-foot wall of water.
Go ahead and explain why it didn't happen, Mr. Cal Nobel Climatologist.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

RumpleForeskin wrote:Okay, I am into my 6th beer for the evening and pretty soon will be taking some bull blaster shots.

I love being drink errr drunk and standing outside in 50+ mph gusts.
Nice job teeing it up for CD.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Got power here at the office. But our nighborhood and the surrounding area are without power and are damaged quite a bit. Fucking trees down everywhere. I will keep you informed.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Glad to know you're among the walking, Rumps.

Any damage to your home?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:Glad to know you're among the walking, Rumps.

Any damage to your home?
I'm sure it's no more than after a night of merriment with rumplewife.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Darwin failed!

He could have taken out a fool drunk with 100MPH shrapnel while his pontoon of a wife choked to death while trying to absorb his corpse into her body.

I hate Darwin.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

suckinia wrote:

Feel free to STFU, moron.

All of you in the Ike zone, take care of yourselves.

Good luck and God Bless.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Diogenes wrote:SPAM, SPAM, SPAM

I think I have gotten over because I pretend to give a shit about anonymous fags on a message board.

Hold on. I have something important to say.

SPAM, SPAM, SPAM.
Smacking a bitch, who prides himself in getting drunk during a hurricane while his wife is probably hyperventilating over the thought of the potential rationing of food, does not make one a bad person. It makes Darwin a impotent bitch for the fact that said bitch is still able to post.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

stuckinia wrote:

There is a time and a place for everything, dumbhuck

And this is a good time and place for you to just STFU.

ImageImage
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Diogenes wrote:There is a time and a place for everything, dumbhuck

The clever empty quote trick I see.

Of course there is a time and place for everything...especially if it is inundated with your shitty spam. You do not give a shit about these people you shaky-handed fuck. You just cannot pass up an opportunity to boldly express your worthless spam where no cunt has spammed before.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

stuckinia wrote:
Diogenes wrote:There is a time and a place for everything, dumbhuck

You do not give a shit about these people you shaky-handed fuck. You just cannot pass up an opportunity to boldly express your worthless spam where no cunt has spammed before.
Actually I do.

I wish all is well for those stuckinsomethingevenworsethanla, no matter their political persuasion ar shitty teams.

Good luck to you all. And take care.

And EAD when all this is over.

ImageImage
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Diogenes wrote:Actually I do.

I wish all is well for those stuckinsomethingevenworsethanla, no matter their political persuasion ar shitty teams.

Choke on a flaccid cock you self righteous douche. You can shove your Gandhi act straight up your ass, whisper sweet nothings in its ear, and kiss it goodnight.
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

Wow why don't some of you clean it up a little bit? There's been a real live disaster here. My heart goes out to all who have to suffer or even die from this tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Mother nature is beautiful and wonderous but also can strike hard. Most of it is due to man's overinvolvment and poor management of the earth. But I'll leave those comments for another thread sometime. I just wanted to express my grief. Best wishes.

Have a nice Sunday!
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Dinsdale wrote: Uhm... not a whole fuckload of people living on the sides of volcanoes. And newsflash -- you get a fuckload more warning that a volcano is going to blow than a hurricane coming.

Yet you still don't move, and just expect everyone else to pay for your stupidity.

You know how many people live on or around Mt St Helens these days? I'll give you a hint -- it's ZERO.

See, 28 years ago, there were 57 people living/working/existing there. They died. So guess what?

People didn't move back there because it's dangerous. And you wonder why Darwin is so much more cruel to people in certain areas... certain areas that have rightfully earned their reputation as being rife with raging dumbfucks.
Sincerely,

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Dan Vogel wrote:Wow why don't some of you clean it up a little bit? There's been a real live disaster here. My heart goes out to all who have to suffer or even die from this tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Mother nature is beautiful and wonderous but also can strike hard. Most of it is due to man's overinvolvment and poor management of the earth. But I'll leave those comments for another thread sometime. I just wanted to express my grief. Best wishes.

Have a nice Sunday!
Go fuck yourself.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Phew, what a couple of days. Props to whatever crew restored my power in less than 48 hours. Pretty much a sleepless night the night of the storm. Last night wasn't much better as we had a bitch of a thunderstorm. The house was already hot and humid so we had to close up the windows again. I pretty much haven't slept since Thursday.

^ The big pine tree on the right of the picture snapped and fell, thankfully, across my neighbor's driveway and into the street (insert SUV grass clipping jokes at your leisure). Sounded like a shotgun blast going off when that thing snapped.

^ The bigger pine in my neighbor's yard in the right side of this pic (only a couple of feet from my fence) also snapped and fell between our two yards. It hit the corner of their house and ripped a hole above their kitchen/breakfast nook. The bigger issue was the tree branch that punctured right through their roof allowing two days of rainfall to seep all through their house. They easily have $30,000 of damage if not more. Spent the morning helping him patch the roof the best we could. We then chainsawed and cleared my tree out of the street and their driveway.

We were very lucky that both those trees didn't fall on our house. Mail boxes and satellite dishes flying all around. Mine didn't budge. Watching TV right now.

Best of luck to the rest of you still dealing with this mess. Just now seeing images of Galveston and downtown Houston.

BTW - air conditioning is by far the greatest invention of all-time.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

My sister left her apartment near downtown Houston and stayed with a group of friends while Ike rolled on through. Everyone's safe from what I hear and nothing happened to her apartment either. Sounds like they'll be without power for quite a while but she'll be coming up my way this week and she'll be traveling for work the couple weeks so she won't have to worry about the inconvenience.

Meanwhile up here...on Saturday, we had a brief tornado touchdown northeast of where I'm at and it's been raining like crazy up here since Friday. I've got a seawall at the end my property and the lake is usually a foot below the top of the wall. The rain has probably brought up the lake level to near the top of that wall and I'd imagine I'll have some standing water going into my backyard sometime later this evening. Several of my neighbor's docks are close to being totally underwater. I've never seen the lake at this point since I've moved out here 3 years ago. Ike is kicking our ass up here.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

.m2 wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:Rita hit close to where Ike will hit. Rita was big, Ike is bigger.

This is Rita's storm surge. So yes, the Gulf of Mexico will be in Houston shortly.

No it won't... you idiot.

Please, tell us how this will occur.

I'll be back tomorrow when the storm surge had no effect on the city of Houston.
paging mtool on the white dumbshit phone:

Photo Quote:
Bystanders stop to look at flooding along Interstate 10 near downtown Houston
"People look on as vehicles drive through roads flooded after Hurricane Ike,Sunday, Sept. 14, 2008 in Houston, Texas"
"A boat sits submerged in the waters of Clear Lake near the Johnson Space Center where it sank due to the storm surge and winds of Hurricane Ike in Houston September 13, 2008."
A tool you are, a tool you shall always be.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Thanks for that pic.

My office is on E. TC Jester about two miles from where that picture was taken. White Oak Bayou runs next to my office and splits East and West TC Jester.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Rack Fu wrote:^ The big pine tree on the right of the picture...
Oh, now you've done it.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

We've got a bit of roof damage, tree damage, and small portion of our fence is down. My in-laws have a forest laying down in their backyard and my buddy's truck took a pine tree to the bed. Looks really fucking bad. We are still without power, so Mrs. Rumps and I packed everything up and drove west to stay few days in my mom's farmhouse here in Bastrop. Just gonna chill in the pool and drink some beers until power returns back in our community.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Much damage in the hood. Our house came thru very well. Two broken windows and a few shingles gone from the roof. Here are a few pics from around the hood. All are within a 2 minute walk from our house as we can't drive anywhere for all the downed trees. No power and not sure when it will be back on. I am posting from my wife's temporary office in a mobile command post. Thoughts and prayers to those who didn't fare as well as us.

Bar during storm as we are in Master Bath

One of 10 trees blocking my street

Next door neighbors house

Street signs 2 miles from their rightful place

Neighbors Car
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Glad to hear you're ok, Lefty.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Dan Vogel wrote:Wow why don't some of you clean it up a little bit? There's been a real live disaster here.
Dan bringing the smack
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Ike made it up this way, as those watching the Steelers/Browns game can attest.

Wind has been high here, there's a tree across the road in the next block...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Ken wrote:
Rack Fu wrote:^ The big pine tree on the right of the picture...
Oh, now you've done it.
Let me clarify. By "big" I didn't mean big like the dozen sequoias that Dins undoubtedly has in his backyard, but "big" in relation to the other trees in the pictures.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

88 wrote:Good to see the Texas crew made it through the storm. Hope you get your power on and lives back to normal soon.

Same wishes for a quick return to normal from the Missouri contingent
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Glad everyone posting here made it relatively unscathed. I may be heading down that way this week to help in the recovery effort. I volunteered last week to represent American Telephone and Telegraph. Just waiting to here my orders.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

stuckinia wrote:
Diogenes wrote:Actually I do.

Choke on a flaccid cock you self righteous douche. You can shove your Gandhi act straight up your ass, whisper sweet nothings in its ear, and kiss it goodnight.
Please quit quoting Diaphanous. It totally defeats the ignore feature.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

PSUFAN wrote:Ike made it up this way, as those watching the Steelers/Browns game can attest.

Wind has been high here, there's a tree across the road in the next block...
Soon after I posted this, our power went out. It's still out...hoping it is restored at some point today. It's great to have a lot of old trees in the city, but they have a tendency to fall on power lines...
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Ike (or what was left of it, anyway) came through here late last night. Usually we get more rain than wind from these, but this was the exception. A few tree limbs down, although almost all small ones and not nearly as bad as some of the pics I saw in this thread from Texas. I spent a good part of the morning clearing my driveway so we could get out.

Biggest complaint: I have a bit of a sore throat this morning, since the high temp was 91 yesterday afternoon and Ike's winds knocked the overnight low down into the 40's. That's not nearly as bad as what the people in Texas have to deal with, though.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Uncle Fester wrote:Sincerely,

Not sure what Mt Rainier has to do with Mt St Helens, but...

A lahar running down Rainier and wiping out Tacoma wouldn't be a tragedy... it would be a celebration.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Left Seater wrote:Image

Uh-oh. Looks like a severe lack of square headed screws in the construction.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

R-Jack wrote: I'm thinking the biggest hazard to your family is not the hurricane but the fucking one step seperating your back door and your pool. Goddamn that looks close. I hope that is a wierd camera angle, especially if you have young kids.
It might be a bit of a weird camera angle but it is pretty darn close to the house. I have a utility easement that eats up half my backyard. In order to maximize the size of the pool, it had to be close to the house. Otherwise, our pool would be the size of a bathtub. The distance from the back door to water is about 7'. It's about 4' in the other spots. There's a Katch-A-Kid safety net that is normally on the pool that was removed for the storm. My three year old also knows how to swim already.

Gotta do what you gotta do.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Still no power and now we are being asked not to flush the toilet. Since the treatment plant doesn't have power, nor do the lift stations to move the waste to the treatment plant, things are getting nasty. The Community association is bringing in those nice portable bathrooms that they roll up to PGA events and the like and staging them around the hood.

Thankfully the temps are down and it is not to bad with the windows open and a little breeze. Fuel is an issue as many stations have it but don't have the power to pump it.

Still sending messages from my wife's company's mobile command post. They have a section set up that is for insureds to use computers to send and recieve email and to charge cell phones, etc.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Mister Bushice wrote:
.m2 wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:Rita hit close to where Ike will hit. Rita was big, Ike is bigger.

This is Rita's storm surge. So yes, the Gulf of Mexico will be in Houston shortly.

No it won't... you idiot.

Please, tell us how this will occur.

I'll be back tomorrow when the storm surge had no effect on the city of Houston.
paging mtool on the white dumbshit phone:

That place floods during a heavy thunderstorm... you idiot.

As I said, there would be NO storm surge in Houston.... and the Gulf of Mexico would not end up in Houston.

I didn't want to take JSC810's money.... that guy has too many issues and doesn't need to be giving the truth all his money.

Tropical storm "Alica" still did a hell of a lot more damage than this "Hurricane" did to Houston.

Good luck getting things back to normal in Houston. Houston has some of the best people of any city.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

It was Tropical Storm Allison, m2, but I know what you meant. I have been down to the south side of town and the damage is severe. Trees freaking everywhere.
Surge did not get into Houston but in all of the areas around the bay and the ship channel
You are right about that picture. Especially since that flooding occurred due to the cold front pile-on from sunday morning. Not the Cane.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Papa Willie wrote:
rozy wrote:It was Tropical Storm Allison, m2, but I know what you meant. I have been down to the south side of town and the damage is severe. Trees freaking everywhere.
Surge did not get into Houston but in all of the areas around the bay and the ship channel
You are right about that picture. Especially since that flooding occurred due to the cold front pile-on from sunday morning. Not the Cane.

Hope you made it through okay, dude....
We are okay. Small part of fence down, couple of shingles gone, power was out for only 14 hours. Thanks, bro...

South side of town looks like a war zone.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

WTF happened to that dude in the picture JSC posted ? Is he fish food, was that his grand exit or what ?

Glad to hear Texas clones are safe and relatively unscathed by Ike.

Buddy of mine said he saw a sign on the news that said "Go Away Ike, Tina ain't here". :lol: Had to be rozy or one of the other clones down there.