talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Grade your team

Post by BSmack »

Pittsburgh Steelers...

Offense- B+

The Texans rushing defense isn't exactly dominant. But they're also not exactly the worst team in the league. But the Steelers offensive line made them look like the worst rushing defense this side of Detroit. FWP looks to be fully recovered and might just be the go to guy for red zone plays. Though Ben played well, he better stay healthy because Leftwich looked like a special needs kid trying to throw the ball in relief. The offensive line also did well in holding Mario Williams in check for all but 2 plays. Oh, and huge props to Chris Kemoeatu for making me forget about Alan Faneca. This kid just might be the real deal.

Defense- B+

These guys hit the ground running and didn't let up until the offense had the game completely out of hand. LaMarr Woodley is a freaking stud. He reminds me of a bigger, faster Kendrell Bell. That is, when Kendrell was healthy. Everybody was wrapping up and dropping guys on contact, unlike the last few games of last year when they looked like a flag football team out there. I would have given them an A, but they let up after the game was out of hand.

Special Teams- A-

This may be the best special teams performance I've seen from a Steelers team this decade. Nothing flashy, but there were no missed tackles, coverage was outstanding, Reed's kickoffs were flawless and there wasn't a fumble, muffed punt or return penalty all day. Were it not for Moore's ill advised -3 yard punt return, I would have given them an A

Coaching- A

This team came out hitting on all cylinders and executing well in all phases of the game. Tomlin appears to have this team far better prepared than I was willing to give him credit for during the off season. The offensive drive to open the 3rd quarter when Parker and Mendenhall combined for 69 rushing yards out of 79 total was pure Steelers smashmouth football and showed that this team can take the air out of the ball when they have to.

Overall- A-

When your team posts a 21 point laugher over a team that, though not a playoff contender, was at least expected to have a punchers chance, there's not much you can complain about. Here's to working over the Clowns next week.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
KC Scott

Re: Grade your team

Post by KC Scott »

KC Chefs

Offense- D

Chan Gailey is an upgrade over Mike Scolari in what way? I'm sure there is something but it wasn't evident today. Or maybe they just didn't trust Brodie Frail to actually get the ball down the field against an inexperienced and obviously depleted Pasty secondary. Dwayne Bowe had 3 drops and one spectactular TD catch. The last drop was the killer as it would have tied the score after the Chefs had a first and goal under a minute left at the Pasty 10. The O-Line didn't open any holes, but when a team knows your running on 1st and 2nd down - well..... On the plus side - Tony G fought through double teams all day and led the team in receptions. Frail is out next week, maybe Huard can move them against the 'duhs

Defense- B+

Pleasant surprise. The Pasty fans were dropping all the woulda, coulda, shoulda about the early fumbles, but I saw good pressure all day on Brady. Coverage lapsed a couple times, thats to be expected. We need another LB to team up with DJ and Donnie Edwards. Our safties are the real deal. Pollard won't be getting any Xmas cards from MA this winter

Special Teams- B-

Nick Novak did what few Chefs kickers did before him - make a FG without missing one. Colquitt punted ........ a lot. But they were consistantly high and deep. The return game was uninspiring.

Coaching- C-

The offense is fine if your coaching freshman HS ball, but RRP doesn't even cut it in HS, much less the pros. Almost every 3rd down was 5 or more and your just not gonna convert many of those. The Defense was aggressive and shows some promise. The team is young but they were fired up and ready to play against a 'supposedly" greatly superior team..

Overall- C-

They lost so whether it's by 7 or 70 it counts the same. That said, they're really young and it was an itsy bitsy step in the right direction.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Kitna, Smith, Williams and Johnson get barely passing grades...the rest of the team blows.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote: Defense- B+

Pleasant surprise. The Pasty fans were dropping all the woulda, coulda, shoulda about the early fumbles, but I saw good pressure all day on Brady. Coverage lapsed a couple times, thats to be expected. We need another LB to team up with DJ and Donnie Edwards. Our safties are the real deal. Pollard won't be getting any Xmas cards from MA this winter
You forgot to mention the D-line, which for the most part was fairly stout.

One rookie in Dorsey, two 2nd year guys with Tyler and McBride, and the veteran being 3rd year Tamba Hali.

Losing sucks and there's no such thing as a moral victory, but I'm pretty stoked about that. It starts up front.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

War Wagon wrote:
You forgot to mention the D-line,
How funny was it seeing Junior Siavii getting cut on Hard Knocks and hearing Jerry Jones congratulate him for getting in shape?
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

Bengals

F-

terrible.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

rhymenocerous wrote:
How funny was it seeing Junior Siavii getting cut on Hard Knocks and hearing Jerry Jones congratulate him for getting in shape?
No shit. I was stunned when i saw him on there, but not surprised he didn't even make the 75 man cut.

I'm sure Eddie Freeman and Ryan Sims can hook him up in Canada or an arena team somewhere.

It's just stunning how badly we've whiffed on D-linemen in the draft.
I'd like to know who it was that made the call on drafting Siavii and Freeman in particular -since they were nobodies and not rated
The Sims selection was at least somewhat defensible since he was a concensus early rd. 1 choice
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Offense- D-

They couldn't do anything until the Steelers called the dogs off. I really don't know what the fuck Schaub was thinking on those two ints he threw on back-to-back drives. I mean the double coverage wasn't even disguised. He just threw into it like he didn't fucking care. I do, however, think that bullshit the zebras pulled on their first drive with the horrible ball spotting on 3rd and 4th down shifted the confidence quite a bit. Once the ball was turned over on downs, the crowd was back into it and the little momentum the Texans had was clearly gone after that.

Defense- F

I hate to link Mario Williams into this grade because he gets an A+ for the 6 tackles, 2 sacks and 1 forced fumble he had today. As for the other ten faggots on defense, F fucking minus. The 12 yard runs I kept seeing over and over felt like my DVR was stuck on repeat. The front seven, other than Mario, was blown off the line. And when the interior part of that d-line did get pursuit off the point of attack, they could not tackle Parker. I saw at least half a dozen times where Parker was slowed at the LOS, but managed to bounce off and gain 10 yards. Oh, and don't get me started on the terrible run support offered by the CBs. As for the pass defense, I was just boggled by the mismatches Ward kept getting when he was in one-on-one matchups against LBs. The hell?

Special Teams- C

Didn't give up much, but didn't get much. Nothing special.

Overall- F-

See above.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

BSmack wrote:Pittsburgh Steelers...

Offense- B+

The Texans rushing defense isn't exactly dominant. But they're also not exactly the worst team in the league. But the Steelers offensive line made them look like the worst rushing defense this side of Detroit. FWP looks to be fully recovered and might just be the go to guy for red zone plays. Though Ben played well, he better stay healthy because Leftwich looked like a special needs kid trying to throw the ball in relief. The offensive line also did well in holding Mario Williams in check for all but 2 plays. Oh, and huge props to Chris Kemoeatu for making me forget about Alan Faneca. This kid just might be the real deal.

Defense- B+

These guys hit the ground running and didn't let up until the offense had the game completely out of hand. LaMarr Woodley is a freaking stud. He reminds me of a bigger, faster Kendrell Bell. That is, when Kendrell was healthy. Everybody was wrapping up and dropping guys on contact, unlike the last few games of last year when they looked like a flag football team out there. I would have given them an A, but they let up after the game was out of hand.

Special Teams- A-

This may be the best special teams performance I've seen from a Steelers team this decade. Nothing flashy, but there were no missed tackles, coverage was outstanding, Reed's kickoffs were flawless and there wasn't a fumble, muffed punt or return penalty all day. Were it not for Moore's ill advised -3 yard punt return, I would have given them an A

Coaching- A

This team came out hitting on all cylinders and executing well in all phases of the game. Tomlin appears to have this team far better prepared than I was willing to give him credit for during the off season. The offensive drive to open the 3rd quarter when Parker and Mendenhall combined for 69 rushing yards out of 79 total was pure Steelers smashmouth football and showed that this team can take the air out of the ball when they have to.

Overall- A-

When your team posts a 21 point laugher over a team that, though not a playoff contender, was at least expected to have a punchers chance, there's not much you can complain about. Here's to working over the Clowns next week.

Your O and D Lines are freaking nightmares. Nice game.
Mario A+
Andre B

The rest-- Junior Varsity

That is all :brad:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Redskins

Offense- D

Completely out of sync. Campbell just does not seem to get it. WCO is a 3-step drop and release. Not, 3-step drop, pat the ball, dance a jig, then throw it to the wrong guy. The O-line could not run or pass block. Cooley caught one pass. Ladell Betts is trash. Playcalling was suspect. The effort by Portis is the only reason they don’t get an F.

Defense- C

Held the Giants scoreless in the second half, but I am not sure if that is due to the D or to Eli remembering he is Eli. The secondary forgot to cover Plaxico. The D-line matador run D just about got the safeties killed. They only way for them to get pressure on the QB is to blitz. London Fletcher had 17 tackles.

Special Teams- B-

I am glad they kept Rock Cartwright as his kickoff returns are the only reason they were on the game. Brooks seemed to be trying to get too much hang time with his punts versus a good combo of hang time and distance. However, not bad for a rookie and better than Frost the Shankman, Randel-el is not a punt returner. He is the suck. Suisham’s kick offs were deep, but I cringed whenever he kicks a FG.

Coaching- Incomplete

I am so confused as to what the coaches were thinking during the game that I cannot give a grade.

Overall- D-

Loss in an embarrassing way on national TV to start the season deserves a shit grade. It has to get better. I hope.
Last edited by stuckinia on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Papa Willie wrote:Falcons -

We won. I don't know how to grade or what the fuck to say, but I'm a happy motherfucker!

Props to your Dirty Birds...
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Cowboys:

Offense: A+
Defense: A+
Special Teams: B+
Coaching: B
Overall: A-

I'll expand later, but if anyone saw the game or highlights, can tell the Boys will be a team to reckon with this year.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Much like Penn St., the Iggles opened up against a division 2 opponent so to grade their blow-out performance would be pointless. We'll see how good they really are next week.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

DallasFanatic wrote:Cowboys:

Offense: A+
Defense: A+
Special Teams: B+
Coaching: B
Overall: A-

I'll expand later, but if anyone saw the game or highlights, can tell the Boys will be a team to reckon with this year.
You played the Browns. A little to early to get excited.

I'd give the Cards a B+ of Defense and a B on Offense, but they played the 49ers.

Ask me in a couple weeks.
Last edited by Diogenes on Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Diogenes wrote:I'd give the Cards a B+ of Defense and a B on Offense, but they played the 49ers
I would have given your Cards a B for defense and a C+ on offense. Sorry, but they failed to cash in on too many opportunities. That game should have been a 35-7 beatdown.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

BSmack wrote:
Diogenes wrote:I'd give the Cards a B+ of Defense and a B on Offense, but they played the 49ers
I would have given your Cards a B for defense and a C+ on offense. Sorry, but they failed to cash in on too many opportunities. That game should have been a 35-7 beatdown.
The penelties in the red zone were why I said B instead of A. Aside from that they were great, especially in the second half.
Last edited by Diogenes on Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Patriots:
A
C
L
:evil:
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Bolt's...

Offense: B.. Rivers 3 TD's no picks..Gates and Chambers TD's.. LT sub-par no TD's and 97yds.

Defense: D.. One turnover..made some guy named Rosario look like Randy Moss..gave up a buck fiddy on the ground..

Special Teams: C.. Nothing noteworthy

Coaching: D freeking minus.. You don't get your team ready for the home opener, you don't send 7 guys after Delhomme on the last drive..pathetic

Overall: D..
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ChargerMike wrote:Coaching: D freeking minus.. You don't get your team ready for the home opener, you don't send 7 guys after Delhomme on the last drive..pathetic
San Diego, Meet Norv Turner.
Last edited by Diogenes on Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Grain of salt, Willie...grain of salt. Don't mean to rain on your parade though...

Watch my dumb ass team turnaround next week in their home opener and beat the Packers. Had you not dominated the Lions on the ground like you did and the Falcons won that game on a late second Elam field goal, I'd feel totally different about the outlook of this team but it's about as big of a turd you can drop for an opener as the Lions did yesterday. The Texans and Rams probably are on the short list of teams with worse opening days considering they didn't score many points...at least the Leos broke the plain a couple times. Still, with that kind of a defensive performance, they're laying the groundwork for a quest for the first pick in the draft. And of course, that means another bad pick by the mustache.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Lions got rid of a problem child in Shaun Rogers but in essence destroyed their defensive line and didn't find anyone to replace him. When Rogers was on, he was one of the more dominant interior lineman in the game. He was one of the reasons the Lions started 6-2 last year but then his fitness became an issue and he broke down and could play every snap because of his huge weight. The other stupid thing with their defensive line...Marinelli kept 11 defensive linemen out of camp. That's right, 11. And seemingly, none of them can play. Dewayne White is probably their best edge rusher and Cory Redding is the only decent interior lineman but neither guy are individually gifted enough like Shaun Rogers to demand double-teams or special attention from the offensive line.

As for the linebackers, Ernie Sims is the only legimate player in that group. The rest is a bunch of undersized and less than talented guys. They cut arguably their most productive (and best tackling) linebacker from the preseason. What happens yesterday? It was one of the worst displays of tackling I can remember...and believe me, I've seen a lot of bad tackling with this team. Buster Davis wouldn't have saved them yesterday but he would've at least wrapped up a couple of ball-carriers instead of the gauntlet of flailing limbs that was out there.

It's really a big joke with the defense. Marinelli was the defensive line coach for the Buccaneers under Monte Kiffin and he brings over several ex-Buccaneers to play in the 'Tampa Two' defense in Detroit. The defensive line coach here is Joe Cullen...the same guy that drove naked through a Wendy's drive-thru a couple years ago. Marinelli hires his son-in-law to be the defensive coordinator last year...Joe Barry, the former linebacker coach in Tampa Bay and last year, the defense was the worst in the league statistically. Of course they start this season with that dazzling performance yesterday so it's safe to say these guys are feeling the already this year.

It's a big mess between the fact the defense really isn't any better than last year and the fact that they don't start or play their top draft picks. I look over at Atlanta yesterday, Matt Ryan starts at QB and Sam Baker is your left tackle...and looked pretty good. The Lions bench first round pick Gosder Cherilus in favor of 'False Start' Foster. Their second pick Dizon isn't good enough unseat any of the mediocre linebackers on the team and he's not starting either. On top of this, Matt Millen's record as president of this team...31-82 after yesterday's loss. We haven't had our star QB get thrown in jail or have our new coach bail on us for a college job like you've had to deal with but this has been a shitty decade following this team. At least you guys have been to a Super Bowl.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

D-

A few guys looked like professionals.
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

My Donks brung it.

Offense A+

Cutler "Who needs the Marshall when we have Royal*ty in the house", superb game with not a speck of dirt on him
Royal - I am so glad I picked up for Fantasy Football, nuff said.
Backfield by committee - good game, nothing to complain about

Defense B

Gave up too many yards on the ground, but all in all, decent game. Dumervil, the runt, is just plain nasty.

Special Teams B-

Shaky on returns, kicking was solid.

Coaching (reality A-) personally (D)

We should have scored 60 on this team. Don't feel sorry for these pussies, should have beat the shit out of them. Giving up 7 points late was lame as hell.

All in all, when they have everyone back and with Cutler precise throwing, they can be dangerous, real dangerous.