Florida-Miami: In Game

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Shoalzie
WingNut

Florida-Miami: In Game

Post by Shoalzie »

Very entertaining game so far...solid first half for the Canes. For as crappy as the ACC has been so far, this is probably best performance by a team from that conference in the first two weeks. The Swamp on a Saturday night can hornet's nest but the young Canes are hanging in.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Florida-Miami: In Game

Post by Shoalzie »

One possession game at the half...gotta be pleased with that first half if your a CaneFan. That punt block could've been a really big play if it lead to a TD but a safety allows the Canes to take the lead with a score. Shannon used two QBs in the first half but I think he should go with Marve in the second half...he looked very solid in the drives he was in although Miami didn't crack 100 yards on offense.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The Brent Musberger is gifted in the art of sensationalizing any little play. He can see Percy Harvin bust a whole 2 yard "spin move" and cream his pants over the dynamic speed and athleticism.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I think he is fond of Tebow as well...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It's a gutty effort by the Canes but I don't see them being able to advance the ball and put together a TD drive. I really like the way Marve has shown a lot of confidence in being able to roll out and look to receivers down field but I don't see enough playmakers. This is a big stand for the Canes defense coming up at the start of the 4th. If they can hold the Gators to a field goal, it's not out of reach but another touchdown might ice it. What the Canes need is a turnover and a short field but the Gators have been really solid with protecting the football. It's pretty much a field possession game for the most part.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

If it wasn't over after the last TD, it is now. Miami hung tough for three quarters but it seemed like it was a matter of time before that Gator offense would go off.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Nothing like Thug U getting stomped like this.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Florida covers.
FIGHT ON!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

GreginPG wrote:Florida covers.

Don't remind me...that was my one hope that at least Miami would keep it close and they did for three quarters.

By the way, I did improve from last week in Pick 'Em...I got 3 right! :oops:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Damnit...would've went 8-2 in Pick' Em had classless Urban Meyer taken a knee and ran the clock out. Bastard.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

My initial reaction on Meyer kicking the field goal and trying to score a meaningless TD was "wow, what a dick". Then I realized it was a 22.5 point spread and I laughed at all the degenerates that took The U!
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I don't like Miami and probably never will. But tacking-on that last fieldgoal was kinda classless. Urban paying-back boosters that put $$ on the game? Possible.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?