McCain's Veep

The best of the best
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: McCain's Veep

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote: There's a lot of kids that should never be born and bringing them into lives of abject poverty, abuse and neglect only to grow up and become either further burdens to society or wards of the state is, IMHO, worse than not being born at all.
Fucking terrific. The Great KC Scott will now decide which kids shall be allowed to live, and which should die.

That's an awesome responsibility you've taken upon yourself. Who knows the potential of the unborn? Apparently, you think you do.

Good lord man, if ever there were a post that displayed complete and total arrogance, that was it.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Dinsdale wrote: And someone... anyone, remind me which part of the Constitution authorizes the Fed to set educational standards?
As much as this pains me... :meds:
Art4sec3

Learn it
Know it
Fear it
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

For those of you arguing experience, Obama spent 12 years teaching Constitutional law. At least he has a working knowledge of the document, which is obviously more than you can say about the current occupant of the White House. The Bimbo Librarian prolly couldn't even recite the first sentence.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

War Wagon wrote:
M Club wrote:obama spent eight years in a state legislature and four more in the u.s. senate.

Damnit man, please try to get your facts straight before coming in here with cheeks wide open.
i'm sorry, seven in a state legislature and 3.5 as a senator. or are we using partisan algorithms to argue it down to three in one and .5 in the other?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Tom In VA wrote:
M Club wrote:you should refrain from blanket hysterics. i fully agree it's pitiful to pursue rumors about a fake preggers or to pin some 18-year-old's affection for rednecks and "fucking shit up" on palin. but the bald-faced lies about party affiliation? hardly. running steven's 527? troopergate? if it weren't such an issue she'd help fastrack the investigation as to be exonerated asap rather than try to delay her deposition.
Did you actually read the link you posted ? It was actually addressing the fact Palin has been a registered Republican since 1982.
it began by addressing the fact her husband was a member of a successionist party. yeah, i know, she wasn't, but since you brought up double standards i suppose this jeremiah wright thing is now a non-issue, especially because everyone's so excited about her fundy beliefs and so she obviously subscribes to the christian notion that the man is the head of the household, wielding more influence over her than some crazy pastor.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

War Wagon wrote:This Nishlord wanker? I'm quite sure he's not representative of all Brits, but this fuckstain can take his derogatory comments about America and shove them up his well lubricated faggot ass.

That's right Douchelord, I'm speaking to you. You best mind your fucking manners, or I'll make it a point of patriotic pride to slam your ostentatious whore mongering self whenever I see you splooge out another shit post on TIB.
Quagmire.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KC Scott wrote:
Martyred wrote:
Obama and McCain are two sticks on the same Popsicle.
Wurd
A few weeks ago you were saying that you were supporting B.O.

No longer so :?:

Btw, Dinsdale, Ron Paul is pro-life, and correctly so.

The living fetus is absolutely destined to be just like you.
Giving another person the ... choice ... to snuff that life out violates it's right to life.
And as Paul points out, if a person kills a pregnant woman and her fetus dies, he is responsible for BOTH deaths.

Abortion is a criminal act, sorry.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

My belief - it's not a baby till you pull out and slap it on the ass. sorry.

Wags - are you for welfare? No? Didn't think so.

Mighty Whitey of you to let the kid grow up in abject poverty and end up in the penal system all so you and your imaginary friend can share more speical moments.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

M Club wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Felix wrote:if that doesn't scream vice-presidential (a bad heartbeat away from the Presidency) material tell me what does
Of course her real experience dwarfs that of the jug-eared n...igger halfwit you've got. Onogga's only noteworthy accomplishment is talking about Onogga.
running a presidential campaign while simultaneously working in the us senate, not to mention whatever shady dealings he has going on the side, counts as far more experience than the trailer park palin was running that all you dittos are trying to pass off as executive experience.
The state with the largest land area and sixth largest economy in the US is a trailer park?

Just when you think the left couldn't be any stupider or more pathetic...

Okay, I never really think that. They can always find a deeper gutter.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom In VA wrote:
M Club wrote:you should refrain from blanket hysterics. i fully agree it's pitiful to pursue rumors about a fake preggers or to pin some 18-year-old's affection for rednecks and "fucking shit up" on palin. but the bald-faced lies about party affiliation? hardly. running steven's 527? troopergate? if it weren't such an issue she'd help fastrack the investigation as to be exonerated asap rather than try to delay her deposition.
Did you actually read the link you posted ? It was actually addressing the fact Palin has been a registered Republican since 1982.
That's okay. Whoever he gets his talking points from should have a fresh set of lies in the morning.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

M Club wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Did you actually read the link you posted ? It was actually addressing the fact Palin has been a registered Republican since 1982.
it began by addressing the fact her husband was a member of a successionist party.
And now it's even worse. He's a member of a scumbag party, the Democrats.

So we know she can be bipartisan.

ImageImage
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Cuda wrote:
Nishlord wrote:
Seriously. Bin-bag Smack? That's the best you could come up with?
no, it's what i did come up with. you're proud of your government-issued trash bags?

don't get me wrong, nish; i'm glad you limeys have something you can be proud of
Well, don't back, tough guy - I'm bracing myself for the inevitable 'It's dark where you live while it's daytime here' blast. Just put me out of my misery here.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080 ... jwbcginwsg
McCain More Likely to Drop Palin, Bookmakers Say Mark Deen
Tue Sep 2, 1:04 PM ET

Sept. 2 (Bloomberg) -- The smart money thinks there's a better chance today than yesterday that John McCain will dump Sarah Palin as his running mate.

Before the Republican senator's presidential campaign disclosed the pregnancy of Palin's 17-year-old daughter, bookmakers in Britain and Ireland were offering 20-1 odds or higher on a bet that she would be forced off the ticket, meaning a 1 pound ($1.78) bet would pay 20 pounds. Now that same bet will pay no more than 8 pounds.

"While it is rare that a VP candidate gets dropped, it's not completely impossible,'' said Ken Robertson, political betting analyst at Paddy Power Plc, a Dublin-based gambling company. "Lots of our punters are betting `Shocking' Sarah's days are numbered,'' he added, using a nickname he came up with for the first-term Alaska governor.

The odds, based on wagers made online with Paddy Power and William Hill Plc and in their betting shops, also suggest that McCain is less likely to win the White House because of his vice-presidential running-mate choice, announced Aug. 29. Both gambling houses, along with rival Ladbrokes Plc, place Democrat Barack Obama, 47, as the favorite to triumph in the contest.

"Ever since he appointed her, people have stopped betting on McCain,'' said David Williams of Ladbrokes in London. "He went down like a sack of potatoes as far as the punters are concerned.''

Odds for Palin

Today, William Hill cut the odds that Palin, 44, would be sacked to 8-1 from 20-1. Paddy Power now puts the odds of Palin leaving the ticket at 14-1, compared to 28-1 before yesterday's disclosure about Bristol Palin, the daughter. The Paddy Power betting house is also offering 33-1 odds that she will go by the end of this week. Ladbrokes is offering 10-1 odds that Palin will quit the race.

Intrade, a Dublin-based peer-to-peer betting Web site, opened a contract on Palin to be withdrawn as the Republican vice presidential nominee. The latest price was 12 cents, up 9 cents today. Each contract at that price will pay 88 cents per contract if Palin leaves the ticket.

Political betting on financial markets outperforms polling as an elections predictor, according to a University of North Carolina study and figures from the Iowa Electronic Markets. Only twice in the century through 2004 -- the 1916 election and the 2000 contest between Bush and Democrat Al Gore -- did the betting markets get it wrong on the popular vote.

Eagleton's Demise

The last time a vice presidential candidate was dropped from the ticket was in 1972, when George McGovern's pick for the job, Tom Eagleton, left the Democratic campaign after disclosures he had undergone treatment for depression. McGovern went on to lose the election to Republican Richard Nixon.

"It would be disastrous for his campaign were McCain to sack Palin, but it is not impossible that she could stand down should party chiefs feel that she is too controversial a choice who might end up costing McCain votes,'' said William Hill spokesman Graham Sharpe.

The betting houses also say punters are shifting toward an eventual Obama victory in November. Paddy Power said Obama is now favored 4-9 compared with 1-2 before the Palin appointment. William Hill said Obama's odds shifted last week to 4-9, where they now remain, from 4-11 on Aug. 21 and 2-5 before that.

Ladbrokes also puts Obama as the 4-9 favorite.

Odds on victory for McCain, who is 72, are 13-8, according to both Paddy Power and William Hill. Ladbrokes gives McCain a slightly better chance of winning, offering 6 pounds for every four bet on that outcome.

McCain advisers Stephen Schmidt and Mark Salter told reporters in St. Paul, Minnesota, yesterday that the campaign learned of Bristol's pregnancy when the mother was vetted.

Obama, campaigning in Monroe, Michigan, said yesterday Palin's children should be "off limits'' and cited his own mother, who gave birth to Obama when she was 18. Obama named Senator Joe Biden as his running mate last month.

I think she'll step down from the ticket, citing concerns for her daughter. But that's the last thing I want.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

88 wrote:I think it is much more likely that she will be casting votes as President of the Senate in January than withdrawing as McCain's running mate.
U.S. Constitution, Art. I, §3, cl. 4 wrote:The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided.
Foreseeing a few tie votes in the Senate? I could be wrong about this, but IIRC, Gore's vote in favor of the Clinton economic plan in '93 was the last time a Vice-President actually cast a vote in the Senate.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

88 wrote:
Moving Sale wrote: As much as this pains me... :meds:
Art4sec3

Learn it
Know it
Fear it
US Constitution, Article IV, Section 3 wrote:Article IV
Section 3. New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union; but no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress.
Excellent work as always, counselor. :doh:
"down goes Frazier, down goes Fraizer"
get out, get out while there's still time
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:I think she'll step down from the ticket, citing concerns for her daughter.
Sigbet?

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
88 wrote:I think it is much more likely that she will be casting votes as President of the Senate in January than withdrawing as McCain's running mate.
U.S. Constitution, Art. I, §3, cl. 4 wrote:The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided.
Foreseeing a few tie votes in the Senate? I could be wrong about this, but IIRC, Gore's vote in favor of the Clinton economic plan in '93 was the last time a Vice-President actually cast a vote in the Senate.
And yet, there is a better chance of that than her withdrawing.

No matter how sleezy your allies are.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

The Case Against the Case Against Palin

A very good friend, who is a lifelong Alaskan and one of the smartest people I know, offers this word of caution to those (yes, like me) inclined to take Sarah Palin lightly:

At the end of 2005, a close friend called to say that he begun writing speeches and talking points for a certain gubernatorial candidate.

"Remind me," I asked. "Who is Sarah Palin?"

I was dismayed at my friend’s choice of political entree. Why was he wasting his time on a relative nobody, trying to beat an incumbent governor (and former three term senator) in the Republican primary? It was utter folly. "Wait until the big money starts coming in for Murkowski," I said. "Wait until the party machinery goes to work on Palin. They will eat her for lunch."

Murkowski, for his part, expressed a similar view. "If I decide to," he said, "I will run and I will win. It's that simple."

The folly, of course, turned out to be my own (and Murkowski's), as Palin slaughtered the incumbent in the primary--posting a 30 point margin of victory--and went on to win the general (over a former Democratic governor) without seeming to break a sweat. She then quickly fulfilled an implicit campaign promise by slapping down ExxonMobil, BP, and ConocoPhillips in negotiations over a proposed Alaska natural gas pipeline, even though they, too, by all accounts, were well prepared to dine on her tender little frame. Not bad for a lightweight.

Listening to the Democratic leadership respond to John McCain’s selection of Sarah Palin as his vice presidential running mate, one hears echoes of the Alaska Republican leadership from just a few years ago. Barack Obama’s spokesman, Bill Burton, put it this way: "Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency." Former mayor? If you're going to skip over her job as governor and, before that, her job heading the commission that oversees production of the largest petroleum reserves in America, why not "former high school student"? Bah, what does it matter: She's just a small town mayor, just a hockey mom, just a beauty pageant queen. Palin has never shunned these belittling monikers, in part, I imagine, because the camouflage has served her so well. Soothed by the litany, her opponents tend to sleep too late, sneer too much, and forget who it is that hires them.

Watching Palin operate over the past few years has been like witnessing a dramatic reading of All the King’s Men. In 2002, Murkowski had interviewed but passed over Palin in selecting a replacement for the senate seat he vacated to become governor. In a grand act of nepotism, he chose his own daughter instead. Palin was tossed a bone: She chaired the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, which oversees the production of petroleum in Alaska. When she reported conflicts of interest and other ethical violations by another commissioner, she was ignored by Murkowski’s chief of staff and ultimately resigned in frustration. One can imagine how the quick double dose of corruption--insiders having their way with the polity and its resources--sickened the young Palin. It also fired a savage competitiveness that is not, perhaps, apparent at first glance.

What the Republicans missed about Sarah Palin then--and what the Democrats seem poised to miss now--is that she is a true political savant; a candidate with a knack for identifying the key gripes of the populace and packaging herself as the solution. That keen political nose has enabled her to routinely outperform her resume. Nearly two years into her administration, she still racks up approval ratings of 80 per cent or better.

One might reasonably ask to what extent her local popularity is buoyed by the high price of oil (and thus, a budget surplus, and thus, the ability to carry a stick into meetings with big oil). One might speculate about the durability of her anti-corruption stance in light of her conflict of interest in the dismissal of her director of public safety. And only the truly feckless would not concern themselves about her dearth of foreign policy experience. But in probing this candidate, it would behoove the Democrats and the pundits to shed the notion that they are dealing with some dimwitted bumpkin (Dan Quayle seems to come up a lot lately) who’s going to start crying when they ask her to name the president of Azerbaijan; or that Palin is the townie who was brought into the Skull & Bones initiation night for the amusement of all; or that somehow the prom queen ballots got mixed up with the Alaska gubernatorial poll. Trivialize her at your own peril.

Sarah Palin is a living reminder that the ultimate source of political power in this country is not the Kennedy School or the Davos Summit or an Ariana Huffington salon; even now, power emanates from the electorate itself. More precisely, power in 2008 emanates from the working class electorates of Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Sooner or later, the Obama camp will realize that the beauty pageant queen is an enormously talented populist in a year that is ripe for populism. For their own sake, it had better be sooner.

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plan ... palin.aspx

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

A Negotiator Without Preconditions
By James P. Lucier
Published 9/3/2008 12:08:20 AM

Would you trust Sarah Palin to negotiate with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad without preconditions?

Well, why not?

Palin came into the governor's office and found a mess on her desk. The oil deal struck by defeated Republican governor Frank Murkowski wasn't working. Through creative accounting by big oil and ambiguous reporting standards, the Murkowski plan just wasn't giving the State of Alaska the pay-off that was expected. So the former mayor of Wasilla (population 9,000, as the MSM always points out) demanded that the agreement be renegotiated and the terms be nailed down. They laughed when she sat down to negotiate, but in the end she had a new deal that delivered 50 percent of the oil revenues to the Alaska Permanent Fund, and enabled Palin to send a check for $1,200 to every qualified Alaskan citizen.

Now one of the major companies involved was BP, a.k.a. British Petroleum, before that, the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company. It was Anglo-Iranian, at that time a British parastatal (70 percent owned by the British government and the Bank of England) that started the Middle East conflict in 1958. Anglo-Iranian was using creative accounting and payments to dummy corporations to pretend to the Iranian government that there was virtually no profit. They demanded that the Iranian government uphold the original contract made decades before. Prime Minister Mohammed Mossedegh threatened to nationalize Anglo-Iranian. The British responded with a naval blockade of Iranian ports.

The Americans stepped in to help. U.S. Ambassador George McGehee, an experienced former petroleum engineer, and Gen. Richard Walters, the linguistic wizard, huddled with Mossedegh in sessions in Washington and New York. They got him to agree to accept a 50-50 split, a reasonable proposal by the then international standard, similar to the contract that U.S.-owned Aramco had renegotiated with Saudi Arabia. But the British refused. Instead they plotted a coup against the Iranian government, and then prevailed upon on the incoming Eisenhower administration to implement it with the assistance of British agents on the ground. Iranian production was taken over by an international coalition that agreed to the 50-50 split. There was plenty enough blame to go around on all sides, but one of the first acts of Ayatollah Khomeini in 1979 was to toss out all foreign oil companies and confiscate their assets.

Today BP, the former Anglo-Iranian, is the third largest global energy corporation. It now claims to be privatized, and it is estimated that 70 percent of the shares are owned by British investors. At one time the Kuwait Investment Office held over 21 percent of the shares. It tried, and failed, to merge the two companies, but was blocked by a British government inquiry. Under Prime Minister Thatcher, the company went private and on a spending spree. BP bought up Standard Oil of Ohio (Sohio), Standard Oil of Indiana (Amoco) and Atlantic Richfield (Arco). BP became a major player in the U.S. petroleum industry, including Prudhoe Bay and the Alaska Pipeline. And despite its advertising campaign trying to suggest that BP means "Beyond Petroleum," the company has one of the worst environmental records in the United States with its refineries blowing up and its pipelines bursting, the result -- as testimony showed -- of parsimonious budgets for maintenance. It is a formidable corporation.

So enter the PTA community organizer from Wasilla. Without preconditions she took on a company that has a market cap of $205 billion and annual revenues of $291 billion in worldwide operations. Its budget is larger than that those of most sovereign countries, yet she won on her terms. If she can outsmart BP, the company that started the Middle East conflict, she can easily outsmart Ahmadinejad, if need be.

Then to follow up that act, she got the Alaskan Legislature to approve development of the TransCanada gas pipeline, a $40 billion deal that will go 1,715 miles from the treatment plant at Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, to the Alberta hub in Canada, from which it will be transferred to the United States. This project had been sitting around for 30 years on hold because the big energy companies didn't think it would be profitable, and their corrupt cronies in the legislature obediently kept it on the shelf. Crusading against corruption and negotiating across the aisle, Palin not only got it passed in record time, but opened up the bidding when the U.S. companies were reluctant to jump in. So she went ahead and awarded the contract to low-bidder TransCanada Alaska, a firm that has already built 36,000 miles of pipelines in North America. As a final fillip, the Governor signed the bill at the Alaska AFL-CIO biennial convention. While Barack Obama's solution to the energy problem is to urge us to check the air in our tires, Palin's solution is to start building a $40 billion gas pipeline, without Federal government assistance.

SO HOW DOES the experience of Sarah Palin stack up against the experience of Joe Biden? There are some people who confuse experience in the Senate with seniority. In the Senate you get to be Chairman of something or other if you sit around long enough until all those with higher seniority pass out of the picture. Merit has nothing to do with it. That's how Biden got to be chairman of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Most people don't realize that the SFRC is one of the dustier corners of the Senate, largely populated with snoozing Rhodes Scholars, UN-firsters, and people who intuitively know how to pronounce the name of Kyrgyzstan and how to use it in a sentence. Occasionally someone gets on the committee who is more interested in American relations with other countries, rather than their foreign relations with us, and that wakes up the committee. Usually, ambitious politicians go elsewhere. The committee's main business is to pass the Foreign Relations act, which authorizes money for the State Department and its overseas operations. Occasionally, a treaty wanders by. Sometimes the SFRC doesn't have the clout to get its bills to the Senate Floor, so it gets ignored while all of its functions are packaged into the appropriations bills, without new authorization.

No Senator on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee has authority under the U.S. Constitution to conduct foreign relations or to negotiate treaties. That's why Biden has no experience in foreign relations, and Palin does. He just talks about foreign policy, and talks...and talks. Biden's long tenure on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee is not necessarily a red badge of courage. He thinks he has experience, but most of his experience is wrong. We can look at a few examples of the results of his experience, and ask What Would Sara Palin Do?

If Sara Palin were campaigning for President, she probably would not have made the centerpiece of that campaign a cockamamie plan to divide Iraq into three autonomous regions.

Sarah Palin probably would not have told General Petraeus that he was "dead flat wrong" on the surge.

Sarah Palin probably would not have voted against the first Gulf War.

Sarah Palin probably would not have opposed the United States designation of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards as a terrorist organization.

Sara Palin probably would not have told top Israeli officials, as reported in the Israeli press, that Israel would just have to learn to live with a nuclear-armed Iran.

Sara Palin probably would not have assumed that the answer to failed diplomatic negotiations with Iran was more diplomatic negotiations with Iran.

The word "probably" must be used because we can only speculate on the basis of her barracuda-like instincts.

But there is one thing of which we can be sure: If Sarah Palin had been in the Senate in 1973, she would not have been one of the five Senators opposing the Alaska Pipeline Bill.

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=13809

ImageImage
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Diogenes wrote:But there is one thing of which we can be sure: If Sarah Palin had been in the Senate in 1973, she would not have been one of the five Senators opposing the Alaska Pipeline Bill.
And if my aunt had a package, she'd be my uncle.

What a worthless statement that is. Concentrate on what Palin will do now, if elected, not on what she would have done if she had been in the Senate in 1973 instead of being nine years old at the time.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Diogenes wrote:But there is one thing of which we can be sure: If Sarah Palin had been in the Senate in 1973, she would not have been one of the five Senators opposing the Alaska Pipeline Bill.
And if Biden had a brain, he'd be a republican.

Yes or no on the sigbet?

ImageImage
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Diogenes wrote:

Yes or no on the sigbet?
On Palin withdrawing: no.

On the general election: yes.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Diogenes wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:And if my aunt had a package, she'd be my uncle.

Yes or no on the sigbet?
On Palin withdrawing: no.
Translation:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:I think she'll step down from the ticket, citing concerns for her daughter.
No. You don't.

ImageImage
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Concentrate on what Palin will do now, if elected
I think the early portions of that article did state what she has done in the now.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

OK, this thread was at times somewhat amusing, but it has now devolved to another Diaphanous spam-fest. Could it perhaps be moved to the Spin Zone?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Scott wrote:My belief - it's not a baby till you pull out and slap it on the ass. sorry.
Wow, not until that time, huh?
It's an amazing point of view.

I think perhaps if you sat down with an obstetrician for a half-hour where he could show some pics -- do a little show-and-tell with you -- you might have a change of heart.

Maybe.

You're reducing that growing human being into nothing more than someone's property.
And trash at that.
That trash (with a beating heart, btw) can be discarded if someone decides that's what they want.

When confronted with this reality, the B.O.'s of the world say, "Yes, but no woman takes it lightly. This decision is made with a very heavy heart." etc ...

And yet, we see, I guess, what, over a million of these ... property trashings ... a year?
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Goober McTuber wrote:OK, this thread was at times somewhat amusing, but it has now devolved to another Diogenes spam-fest. Could it perhaps be moved to the Spin Zone?
Melt on, little puppet.

ImageImage
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Felix wrote:
88 wrote:
Moving Sale wrote: As much as this pains me... :meds:
Art4sec3

Learn it
Know it
Fear it
US Constitution, Article IV, Section 3 wrote:Article IV
Section 3. New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union; but no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress.
Excellent work as always, counselor. :doh:
"down goes Frazier, down goes Fraizer"
You two asshats might want to learn the WHOLE section before you open your cocktraps.

"The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State."

Why do you hate the Constitution so much you would lie about what it says in order to TRY and make me look bad?

Fucking tards.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

M Club wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:
it began by addressing the fact her husband was a member of a successionist party. yeah, i know
No you didn't post it for any other reason than to try lump it into your claims against Palin. Spin it any other way and you'll look more dizzy than you actually are, not that I care, but I wouldn't want to fall down and hurt yourself.

Oh what a tangled web we weave. Why don't you have the moral fiber to say ..... "I was wrong". The New York Times did, albeit on page 16, with a whimper.

Sackless cowards.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Susan Estrich Predicts 30% of Clinton Supporters Will Go McCain
This morning, former Mike Dukakis Campaign Manager Susan Estrich says she surfed the blogs and what she found written about Sarah Palin is horrific and totally inappropriate.

Referring to the fact that the sexism in America is overt, she had this to say:

Estrich was asked: “Realistically speaking” How many of Hillary Clinton’s voters are in play for John McCain. Her answer: …..”about a third….30 % I would say”.
http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/09/02 ... go-mccain/

Keep up the good work, dumbfucks.

ImageImage
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Diogenes wrote:Translation:
No. You don't.

Uhh, no.

Translation: I think she'll step down, if pinned down to a choice. But I'm not confident enough in that choice to place a bet on it.

I am, however, confident enough in the outcome of the general election to place a bet on that. Are you?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Diogenes wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:OK, this thread was at times somewhat amusing, but it has now devolved to another Diaphanous spam-fest. Could it perhaps be moved to the Spin Zone?
Melt on, little puppet.
That’s hardly melting. Melting is what you’ll do if someone actually moves it. Bitch.
General Peters
All-American Kid

Post by General Peters »

Rack Newt for tearing Obama a new one last night. I loved it when that nignoid reporter asked him about Palin's lack of experience and it blew up in his fukken face. Newt even said, "name ONE thing Obama has done. Just ONE thing."

I loved how the reporter looked like he was going to start crying. :lol:

You can ask any Obama supporter that question and it's dead silence.

Fukken deafening silence.

Stoopid fukken morons.

RACK NEWT
well kiss my ass and call it rosy
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Goober McTurd wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
Goober McTurd wrote:OK, this thread was at times somewhat amusing, but it has now devolved to another Diogenes spam-fest. Could it perhaps be moved to the Spin Zone?
Melt on, little puppet.
That’s hardly melting. Melting is what you’ll do if someone actually moves it.
You must be confusing me with someone who gives a fuck.But confused is natural for you.And at 16 pages I'm pretty sure it'll be moved somewhere soon enough.

Takeless Bitch.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:But I'm not confident enough...
Good choice.

ImageImage
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Moving Sale wrote:
"The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State."
fail
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Felix wrote:fail
So you have trouble reading English. Props.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Moving Sale wrote:
Felix wrote:fail
So you have trouble reading English. Props.
no, I just don't see where in the passage it authorizes Congress to set educational standards
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Felix wrote:no, I just don't see where in the passage it authorizes Congress to set educational standards
The tenth am opens the door for congress to use the welfare clause of art1sec8, the tax clause of art1sec8 and the property clause of art4sec3 to tax your ass and then spend the money. The welfare clause and the property clause allow congress to then put strings on said money. They do this by "making all needful Rules and Regulations" to promote the general welfare*.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm telling you how it is done.

* Yes I know that is from the preamble
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Diogenes wrote:You must be confusing me.
Yes, and with minimal effort on my part. Bitch.