Just pickup up a new ride.

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

KC Scott

Re: Just pickup up a new ride.

Post by KC Scott »

Rack Fu wrote: A 1998 BMW M-Roadster (built in Spartanburg, SC)
I used to go to Greenville on Business and the Marriott I stayed in is where BMW would put up owners who they'd fly in to drive on their test track. I was never clear on what qualified you to get to do that, but though it was cool as hell they'd come up with a marketing gimmick like that. There's some fucking brand loyalty for you. The Friends I have with Beemers will own nothing but.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

KC Scott wrote:
I used to go to Greenville on Business and the Marriott I stayed in is where BMW would put up owners who they'd fly in to drive on their test track. I was never clear on what qualified you to get to do that, but though it was cool as hell they'd come up with a marketing gimmick like that. There's some fucking brand loyalty for you. The Friends I have with Beemers will own nothing but.
beemer assholes are a loyal bunch.

As for what qualified them, I will go out on a limb and guess that they wrote a big fukking check.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

smackaholic wrote: As for what qualified them, I will go out on a limb and guess that they wrote a big fukking check.
That's a given, but there's a lot of Beemers in NA. Some of the dude's I met there didn't look like they could afford to drive the 600 or 700 series. Of course given the previous "liquidity" in the credit market, maybe anyone could get one
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Just talked to a buddy of mine who's OL just picked up a new 08 accord coupe. She got an extended bumper to bumper as well against his advice. He tells me I can go back to the dealer and cancel the extended warranty. Think I'll take a ride up there tomorrow.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

smackaholic wrote:
KC Scott wrote:
beemer assholes are a loyal bunch.

As for what qualified them, I will go out on a limb and guess that they wrote a big fukking check.
This was the deal back when I got my BMW. You had to custom order a Z3/M Roadster and instead of delivery to your dealership, you could go pick up the car at the plant and zip around the track. You were SOL if you bought the car off the lot.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

for some reason, i thought it was cheap to bribe a fbi agent.

must be more expensive than i thought- or maybe you're just the type who saves-up all the little bribes until you have enough for something nice.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Cuda wrote:for some reason, i thought it was cheap to bribe a fbi agent.

must be more expensive than i thought- or maybe you're just the type who saves-up all the little bribes until you have enough for something nice.
Or just maybe we get paid more than the $7/hour that you're accustomed to.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

oh, i'd say you were worth at least $10/hour, fu. maybe even as much as $10.50
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Rack Fu wrote: You tell them! Why would anyone want to buy a foreign car? What kind of crazy person wants better quality for a better price? That's just crazy talk!

Nice job choosing the Grand Prix as the car that he should have got. Who doesn't want completely and utterly average in every way imaginable? The Sonata is, by far, the much better reviewed and received vehicle.
The quality issue is debatable, the price isn't. American cars are of more value for the cost, at least for my money. I wouldn't even consider buying a foreign car, period... regardless of where they were assembled. Never have, never will. Just the way I was raised. There's both a GM and Ford plant in KC and I have too much respect for my neighbors to ever drive something with a foreign nameplate attached to it.

And yes, I realize that the Grand Prix is built in Canada... probably in the same plant that built the 2000 Lumina I drove for 7 years and 177k miles with only routine maintenance ever needed... and then traded off for this:

Now, that might be "completely and utterly average" to some high and mighty FBI agent who bought a $54,000 SUV and then gets pissed off when he has to drive thru some grass clippings... but this is the nicest car I've ever owned. Paid $13,981, fully loaded, it had 28K miles and think I got a better deal than buying a Hyundai Sonata, but maybe that's just me. At least I can live with my conscious knowing that I stand for my principles. As well, my Grand Prix with a 6 cyl. 3800 would leave that 4 banging Sonata gasping for air on I-70.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

These threads always crack me the fuck up.

Bottom line is that it is YOUR damn money, and if you want to spend it on a foreign rig then more power to you. All it means is that my import destroyer will have more snacks to feast on.

But seriously Smackaholic-Kudo's to you. I railed on you awhile back because you listed all your cars and they were ALL fucking used jalopys. Every last one. Now you have a new jalopy, so you got that going for you......except that I paid only 6.5 grand more for a very very low mileage '04 Z06 corvette with a 5 year/100K powertrain warranty starting from the day I drove it off the lot. Hmmmmm.....hyundai, or one of the true american supercars that a one point held the record at Nurburing....tough choice there.

Dont even fucking bother bringing up gas mileage to bolster your asian sled argument-I roll to the tune of 29+ MPG freeway on cruise control daily here....for a 470 HP sled (i've done a few things to it), thats fucking incredible. Anyhow, RACK you Asscrackaholic for finally getting a NEW car-next time you might want to pick up something that gets to 60 MPH faster than 20 minutes. 'Sayin.

You only live once-and if you have any fucking sack you'll take that car back, kick your last fucking kid out of the house, and buy a two seater sportscar or musclecar (new Camaro or Challenger?) that will leave you and your wife with shit eating grins every time you roll it out around town. Just fucking do it, dude.

Wags, that car is fucking ugly as all sin. JFC.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

My USA built Tundra 4x4 - sans the step bars. Same wheels, Off road Package - $26,900.

The only thing that sucks is the mpg has been 14.8 as oppossed to the 16 I expected.

Far better truck than the F150 Lariat I traded it for.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RJ wrote: Wags, that car is fucking ugly as all sin. JFC.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I freakin' love it.

I shopped around for 3 weeks, this was the first car I drove, and I kept going back to it as being the most car for the money.

I did like the Fusion, drove as smooth as any car I've ever been in, but they wanted about 3 grand more.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Scott, I may hate trucks with a passion (the only way someone should have one is if they are a work truck IMO) but the Toyota and Lexus dealerships near me treat thier customers like kings. I was seriously blown away when I took my lady's Lexus in for the 30K service.....they had plush leather couches to crash on if you were so inclined, and a Starbucks like coffee/snack station where you could order a faggy ass latte or whatever the hell you wanted for no extra cost if you were getting your car serviced. When I went to pick it up, they had detailed it for no extra cost as well.

About 3 months later Lexus couldnt fit her in at her requested time for an oil change so they booked it at Toyota next door-sure enough, they washed it and vacuumed the inside after they changed the oil. Pretty kickass for a $28.00 oil change. They told me they do that free of charge for EVERY car that rolls in there if the customer requests it. That alone showed me why some people would choose to go that route instead of deal with companies like Ford or GM, whose service departments have no fucking concept of treating a customer that well.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

War Wagon wrote:
RJ wrote: Wags, that car is fucking ugly as all sin. JFC.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I freakin' love it.

I shopped around for 3 weeks, this was the first car I drove, and I kept going back to it as being the most car for the money.

I did like the Fusion, drove as smooth as any car I've ever been in, but they wanted about 3 grand more.

For the price, its pretty damn unbeatable Wags.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

RJ wrote:These threads always crack me the fuck up.

Bottom line is that it is YOUR damn money, and if you want to spend it on a foreign rig then more power to you. All it means is that my import destroyer will have more snacks to feast on.

Yup, I will get rolled by a Z06, along with 99.5% of the other cars on the road

But seriously Smackaholic-Kudo's to you. I railed on you awhile back because you listed all your cars and they were ALL fucking used jalopys. Every last one. Now you have a new jalopy, so you got that going for you......except that I paid only 6.5 grand more for a very very low mileage '04 Z06 corvette with a 5 year/100K powertrain warranty starting from the day I drove it off the lot. Hmmmmm.....hyundai, or one of the true american supercars that a one point held the record at Nurburing....tough choice there.

If you really did score a Z06, even one of the "slow" first gen one for that kinda change, you sir, got the fukk over. You owe me for talking you out of that rustang you were pimping a few years back. [

Dont even fucking bother bringing up gas mileage to bolster your asian sled argument-I roll to the tune of 29+ MPG freeway on cruise control daily here....for a 470 HP sled (i've done a few things to it), thats fucking incredible. Anyhow, RACK you Asscrackaholic for finally getting a NEW car-next time you might want to pick up something that gets to 60 MPH faster than 20 minutes. 'Sayin.

that's two times in a row you said something smart. wow. It is just stupid that a 400+ hp rig can make those numbers. Gawd bless electronic fuel injection and engine cpus.

You only live once-and if you have any fucking sack you'll take that car back, kick your last fucking kid out of the house, and buy a two seater sportscar or musclecar (new Camaro or Challenger?) that will leave you and your wife with shit eating grins every time you roll it out around town. Just fucking do it, dude.

Still got 2 at home. 16 and 10. The 16 year old, I might take you up on that idea. The 10 year old is a pretty good kid though. I might keep him around the next decade or so.

Wags, that car is fucking ugly as all sin. JFC.
I like the pontiacs looks on the outside. Not so much on the inside. If you like it wags, then good for you. Now tell me how buying a made in canada used car is gonna keep your neighbor in a job.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

War Wagon wrote:
Rack Fu wrote: You tell them! Why would anyone want to buy a foreign car? What kind of crazy person wants better quality for a better price? That's just crazy talk!

Nice job choosing the Grand Prix as the car that he should have got. Who doesn't want completely and utterly average in every way imaginable? The Sonata is, by far, the much better reviewed and received vehicle.
The quality issue is debatable, the price isn't. American cars are of more value for the cost, at least for my money. I wouldn't even consider buying a foreign car, period... regardless of where they were assembled. Never have, never will. Just the way I was raised. There's both a GM and Ford plant in KC and I have too much respect for my neighbors to ever drive something with a foreign nameplate attached to it.

quality? the gap is narrowing and might actually be pretty fukkng slim. Time will tell. American cars more of a value? 3 year old cars, most definitely. But, the only 2 year old I was interested in was the fusion and they are holding their value surprisingly well. At least the seem to think so at seraphin ford. They weren't gonna move more than a grand off the 16.8 asking.

And yes, I realize that the Grand Prix is built in Canada... probably in the same plant that built the 2000 Lumina I drove for 7 years and 177k miles with only routine maintenance ever needed... and then traded off for this:

Now, that might be "completely and utterly average" to some high and mighty FBI agent who bought a $54,000 SUV and then gets pissed off when he has to drive thru some grass clippings... but this is the nicest car I've ever owned. Paid $13,981, fully loaded, it had 28K miles and think I got a better deal than buying a Hyundai Sonata, but maybe that's just me. At least I can live with my conscious knowing that I stand for my principles. As well, my Grand Prix with a 6 cyl. 3800 would leave that 4 banging Sonata gasping for air on I-70.
OK, so I can get rolled by a Z06 and a GP. I'll update my spread sheet. BTW, if I wanna play that game, I'll break out the old FJ1100. It will trounce you rig rather badly. It will even take hair gel boy till we get to triple digits or so.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

smackaholic wrote: I like the pontiacs looks on the outside. Not so much on the inside.
What's not to like?

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

quality? the gap is narrowing and might actually be pretty fukkng slim. Time will tell. American cars more of a value? 3 year old cars, most definitely. But, the only 2 year old I was interested in was the fusion and they are holding their value surprisingly well. At least the seem to think so at seraphin ford. They weren't gonna move more than a grand off the 16.8 asking.
Yep

I'm not a Ford guy, but I was looking at this 2006 Fusion at Thoroughbred (Scotty probably familiar with that dealer) and they wanted $16,500 for it and wouldn't budge one nickel off that price. This after I'd hammered and beat on them for an hour. Never seen a car dealer not willing to negotiate, and I actually love that aspect of car buying, unlike some. I can be the biggest asshole on the planet and know just how far I can push them... about the time wifey starts to squirm and get red in the face, that's when I back off.

Needless to say, I wound up buying the Grand Prix for almost 3 grr less and like I said, I'm not a Ford guy. If I were such a guy, there's no doubt that my skinny ass would be sitting behind the wheel of a Fusion. Nice car.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

R-Jack wrote: The only other way to get that much plastic in your face is a lap dance from a San Fernando Valley "actress" for one.

I get that you are not getting wood trim in a cheap GP, but for Gods sake does the entire cabin have to look like it came from one mold?
:lol:

It's an Armour All dream.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

RJ wrote:Scott, I may hate trucks with a passion (the only way someone should have one is if they are a work truck IMO).
Truck guy here.

I can drive anything ........ well almost anything I want and I never want anything but a truck. I like sitting above traffic, being able to carry or tow anything I need and the ability to drive over the top of curbs, rocks or miatas whenever the urge strikes.

As for Toyota service treating their customers like kings, I really couldn't comment. I've never had to take either of ours in for anything
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

smackaholic wrote:OK, so I can get rolled by a Z06 and a GP. I'll update my spread sheet. BTW, if I wanna play that game, I'll break out the old FJ1100. It will trounce you rig rather badly. It will even take hair gel boy till we get to triple digits or so.
Oh goodie....I LOVE smacking crotch rockets around with my lil' old low 10-sec. 5.0 Mustang:

I'd even let you take off 1st, Smacky... :twisted:
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Shit - since we're breaking out our Mustang racin' pictures.......

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

R-Jack wrote:RACK that fly ass ride.

sin,

ROLLIN'
Hilarious....especially since a nancy-boy like yourself would shit your pants in a panicked frenzy riding in a car as stupid fast as mine. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This thread now has me laughing quite heartily.

RACK R-J and Scott.

Smackaholic, i'm just giving you a hard time dude....Congrats on the purchase-there's nothing quite like a new car. As for scoring mine for that price, well, havent you heard-we're in a fucking recession so you better be ready to drop that price if you want my business......at least, thats one of the lines I used on the spineless salesman after I wiped my ass with thier "sticker price". The old man who owned it before me left his credit card info (sup spreadsheeters' dream) from a membership to LA fitness he had bought in the glovebox. I called him to let him know i'd shred it, and ended up asking him how much he got on trade-in. They raped him, as I paid $1000.00 more than he got for it.

I'll post a few pics of it in the next few days. Its an absolute dream to drive with incredible steering feedback, and my kill list now includes numerous Porches, a new Shelby GT500, and a paper plated Masseratti whose butthurt owner couldnt even look my way after his asskicking. Dumbfuck probably shouldnt have revved on me, huh?

Paul and Scott: Those cars are fucking hideous, but I understand why people still buy them to track-becuase they're very, very cheap to turn into 10 second hellions.

Oh, and Paul, your sorry shit doesnt stand a fucking chance if you cant squeeze that 200 shot, bitch. :twisted:
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

RJ wrote:my kill list now includes a new Shelby GT500
Those GT500s are fucking SLOW, man.....my turd '06 GTO will run with those POS. :lol:
Oh, and Paul, your sorry shit doesnt stand a fucking chance if you cant squeeze that 200 shot, bitch. :twisted:
200's for PUSSIES, James....I stepped up this year, man. :wink:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote: I like sitting above traffic...
Short man with short dick syndrome.

You must feel like a real over compensating barney MMA fucking badass up there.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

War Wagon wrote:
smackaholic wrote: I like the pontiacs looks on the outside. Not so much on the inside.
What's not to like?

War Wagon wrote:Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I freakin' love it.
It's kinda dark and darth vadery looking to me. An the quality of the switchgear is teh sux. Ahhh shit, that's gonna bring you know who :dins: out of the woodwork.

Anyway, wags, looks like you're happy with it and that's all that really matters. Good luck, you'll need it. I will too, in 10 years/100K miles.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

KC Scott wrote:My USA built Tundra 4x4 - sans the step bars. Same wheels, Off road Package - $26,900.

The only thing that sucks is the mpg has been 14.8 as oppossed to the 16 I expected.

Far better truck than the F150 Lariat I traded it for.

Scott, from what I've heard about the Tundras and Titans is that the aluminum blocks don't last as long as Chevy and Ford's steel blocks.

Don't get me wrong, Tundras are really nice trucks and have great power and better interior options, but I wouldn't trust it to turn over 200,000+ miles without having to get something major repaired on it.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Oh, I would NEVER buy a Pontiac Grand Am or Grand Prix. POS doesn't even do it justice.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

War Wagon wrote:

:lol:

This stereotype hits the nail on the head-although I dont know what Scotts unfortunate offspring getting his head kicked through his ass in the Octagon by a tomato can has to with Scott himself having a "must be under 5'10 to own" Yosemite Sam mudflapped truck.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

RJ wrote:they had plush leather couches to crash on if you were so inclined, and a Starbucks like coffee/snack station where you could order a faggy ass latte or whatever the hell you wanted for no extra cost if you were getting your car serviced. When I went to pick it up, they had detailed it for no extra cost as well.

That alone showed me why some people would choose to go that route instead of deal with companies like Ford or GM, whose service departments have no fucking concept of treating a customer that well.
No extra cost...like the free carpet pad,or the free upgrade, you pay for it all...

But your next comment is spot on...since I don't buy new cars, but good used cars and take them to independent shops for work. The local service manager told me that they want $ 1,000 from every car that comes through the door, even for an oil change. Find something that needs fixed, and get at least $ 1,000 for it.

Ford service Departments ( highest margin at the dealership) are a bunch of arrogant faggots that can't fix shit. My independent shop had to take my 2003 F 350 Powerstroke in to the dealer to get the ECM reflashed. That fix went 22 fucking miles and the engine quit in the middle of the road.

Now they both can't figure out what happened, the independent already had done $ 1,800 of "repair" to it, sent it over to Ford and now neither one can get it to run correctly. Ford keeps telling me it is something else they need to fix and it will cost me X $$$. Fuck that...you guys fucked it up, you fix it.

The Ford dealer in Medford is also the Mercedes dealer there. I had a work truck in for repair work there and got to talking to the Mercedes mechanic. Dude was as American as you and me, but he checked his computer and found a car that was due for service. He dimes the old gal up, cops a German accent with here, tells here here car is due for service, and he will be around with a loaner, and brings her car in. Oil change and something else, less than 3 hours in the shop, and he delivers the old gals car back to her and gets $ 795.00 She perceived that to be a good value. And since he probably billed about 16 hours that day, he made major bank also.

Ford and Chevy don't sell cars anymore, so they have to try and make it up in the shop. But they don't t have a fucking clue how to do that.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

War Wagon wrote:

Except that you've met me and you know I'm not short.
I'm pretty sure you meat gazed me when I was pissing so you know the rest of your smack is bullshit too.

Dude, the last person, and I do mean the last person on this board who should ever run personnal appearance smack is Mr. beanpole:

KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
Don't get me wrong, Tundras are really nice trucks and have great power and better interior options, but I wouldn't trust it to turn over 200,000+ miles without having to get something major repaired on it.
Zero applicability to me - I never keep a vehicle over 100-120K max
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

RJ wrote:Scotts unfortunate offspring getting his head kicked through his ass in the Octagon.
Yea, he lost his first one, but won the next two by submission. He still doesn't defend punches worth a shit but his BJJ has gotten pretty to the point where he can win on the ground.

But I've told him not to quit his day job
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Derron wrote:
RJ wrote:they had plush leather couches to crash on if you were so inclined, and a Starbucks like coffee/snack station where you could order a faggy ass latte or whatever the hell you wanted for no extra cost if you were getting your car serviced. When I went to pick it up, they had detailed it for no extra cost as well.

That alone showed me why some people would choose to go that route instead of deal with companies like Ford or GM, whose service departments have no fucking concept of treating a customer that well.
No extra cost...like the free carpet pad,or the free upgrade, you pay for it all...

But your next comment is spot on...since I don't buy new cars, but good used cars and take them to independent shops for work. The local service manager told me that they want $ 1,000 from every car that comes through the door, even for an oil change. Find something that needs fixed, and get at least $ 1,000 for it.

Ford service Departments ( highest margin at the dealership) are a bunch of arrogant faggots that can't fix shit. My independent shop had to take my 2003 F 350 Powerstroke in to the dealer to get the ECM reflashed. That fix went 22 fucking miles and the engine quit in the middle of the road.

Now they both can't figure out what happened, the independent already had done $ 1,800 of "repair" to it, sent it over to Ford and now neither one can get it to run correctly. Ford keeps telling me it is something else they need to fix and it will cost me X $$$. Fuck that...you guys fucked it up, you fix it.

The Ford dealer in Medford is also the Mercedes dealer there. I had a work truck in for repair work there and got to talking to the Mercedes mechanic. Dude was as American as you and me, but he checked his computer and found a car that was due for service. He dimes the old gal up, cops a German accent with here, tells here here car is due for service, and he will be around with a loaner, and brings her car in. Oil change and something else, less than 3 hours in the shop, and he delivers the old gals car back to her and gets $ 795.00 She perceived that to be a good value. And since he probably billed about 16 hours that day, he made major bank also.

Ford and Chevy don't sell cars anymore, so they have to try and make it up in the shop. But they don't t have a fucking clue how to do that.
Fucking sucks to hear about your truck shitting the bed like that.....

As far as dealership experience goes, it all depends on who owns said Ford/Mercedes dealership (huh? never heard of that-Ford Lincoln Mercury Jaguar (until recently) yes, but not Mercedes lumped in that bunch as far a dealership goes.) The one my brother was a tech for was excellent in all the years he was there right up till the day he left. The service manager was one of the most honest, fair and forthright guys you could ever meet or hope to work for. He dialed my brother and his wife in constantly with perks like massive suites in Vegas for the weekends or gas cards, ect. He was also cool with my bro performing work on my car on the lifts (headers, exhaust, cams, ect) and let my bro not only work on my other brother's '69 GTO and Chevelle, he encouraged my brother to park and restore his own '68 Camaro (He did-but only for the engine build and drop in)......which included custom building the sweet ass 396 that made its way into the beast.

Never once did I ever suspect him of trying to get over on a customer....in fact, there were a quite a few instances where he nocharged folks for a diagnosis and gave them an alternative shop to get thier car fixed if they couldnt afford it there (mainly older folks). It really does depend on who owns and is the Manager at your local dealerships. Most are fucking crooks, but there are a few good ol' gearheads out there that are honest and understanding.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

KC Scott wrote:
RJ wrote:Scotts unfortunate offspring getting his head kicked through his ass in the Octagon.
Yea, he lost his first one, but won the next two by submission. He still doesn't defend punches worth a shit but his BJJ has gotten pretty to the point where he can win on the ground.

But I've told him not to quit his day job
Some are naturals who seem to have it come easily to them.....some arent. I've seen both camps succeed and fail over the years (including 2 family members)-it just all depends on how much of your time you're willing to sacrifice toward such an endeavor. The truth is that most youngins would rather party and chase skirt than put that kind of time and effort into it.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

RJ wrote::
Paul and Scott: Those cars are fucking hideous, but I understand why people still buy them to track-becuase they're very, very cheap to turn into 10 second hellions
In my case I turned those into 24 second hellions - They were a 4 cyl class I raced the the 1/2 mile track east of town. I think 23.8 was my best. I think I had about 3K in the first car and around $4500 in the second - that was back in 92/93 but it was alot cheaper than building modifieds, late models or sprints.

They were a blast to race - I caught fire in the green one the first time my future wife to be came out to watch me race. I hit a wall once when i had a blowout going into turn two once. That fucking hurt. it was stiffest I've ever been for about a week. Won a couple, races, but spent more time working on them than anything. The reason I got out of it was the time needed just wasn't there when my job started taking off.

If Wags reads this - JB Ashcraft was pitted next to me in that pic.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote: If Wags reads this - JB Ashcraft was pitted next to me in that pic.
I read it... and haven't heard that name in awhile. I wonder what the pride of Holt, Missouri is up to these days?

Probably moved to Kearney.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:
Dude, the last person, and I do mean the last person on this board who should ever run personnal appearance smack is Mr. beanpole:

Royals home opener 2001 and brother Truman by my side. I hope he doesn't mind you posting his likeness w/o permission.

That is one svelte, broad shouldered mofo, no? Never saw that pic until now, but RACK it. You were holding out on me.

Musta' stuck a nerve with the "short" samck, eh?

Scotty, there are many ways of being short that don't include stature, if you know what I mean. I'll leave it at that.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Btw, go ahead and post the more famous one and let's see how you measure up.

That's fair enough, is it not?