Who's going to games this year?

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Shoalzie
WingNut

Who's going to games this year?

Post by Shoalzie »

I just bought tickets to a couple of Tigers games...Sunday, June 19 vs. Giants and Sunday, July 3 vs. Yankees. I'm pissed that the Red Sox series is Monday-Wednesday and I can't go to that.

What about the rest of you?
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Will probably make the usual half-dozen trips to see the Royals flail aimlessly about.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

orcinus wrote:Will probably make the usual half-dozen trips to see the Royals flail aimlessly about.

Hey, you still can't beat the ballpark experience though. You sit out on a sunny day, drink a few beers, eat some hot dogs, look at the pretty girls and hopefully watch a good game.
BraveFan
Fantasy Fuckstick

Post by BraveFan »

Now that I'm in MD, I plan on using the company's O's tickets pretty frequently. I've also got all of the Braves v. Nats games circled. A trip or two to NYC for some Mets and/or Yankees action is not out of the question. Philly's only a 1.5 hour drive... so I'll catch a few Phillies games. Going through ATL in July... will catch a couple games against the Pirates. Can't wait for some warm weather and some baseball.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

I would like to make a drive down to L.A for a Dodger game. But I got so much going on this summer it might not be possible.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

Definitely want to go to a Nats game or two this year,
and hope that someone in the NL East flops so they can finish above last place.
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Taking my daughter to her 1st game at Fenway May 11 against Oakland. Wednesday 1:00 game. Still trying to get tickets for the game that falls on my birthday this year, April 3rd. Maybe some of you have heard about this game and would like to pass the hat and grant a birthday boy his wish :P
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Will go to a couple Anaheim Angels games (I refuse to call them that long name) this year, maybe a Padres game as well.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Will most likely make it to about 4 Cardinals games when my Stros are in town. WIll probably go to a couple in Cincy when the Stros visit them. Will go to probably 2 in Chicago when the Stros are there.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Frank Football
I'm Frank About Football

Post by Frank Football »

CUBS Home Opener - April 8 v. Brewers in Wrigley. I hope it won't be snowing!!!!
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

I might end up going to the Cub-Mariner exhibition game here at the end of March. The games sold out,but they did make the outfield grass available. So I'm hoping my grandpa can score some tickets.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

I've got a season plan via the job so I'm sure I'll get to attend atleast 30 losses this year. Thirty game 'I get to keep or give away' package and whatsuch.

We are going to suck and blow.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

PrimeX wrote:
We are going to shock, awe, and surprise.
I'm with ya, hoss.

3 aces, Backe, and the best closer in baseball means that normally our anemic offense will only have to put up about 3-4 runs.

Ok, you're right. Our offense is going to SUUUUUUUUCK!

You gonna hook a brotha up with some Marlins tickets? :mrgreen:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Might catch a Pirates game if the wife and I go to Pittsburgh this year. Other than that I have no plans. That is, unless someone I know pulls some tickets to Fenway out of her ass.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Prototype
Elwood

Post by Prototype »

One of the advantages of living in KC is you can stroll up and get tickets (at or below face value) for any game you please (less STL). No need to scurry around in March trying to snag tickets.

I'll go out several times throughout the season, listen/watch most, shake my head continuously. I'll probably catch a few of the T-Bones minor league games as well.
RSoxFan
Elwood

Post by RSoxFan »

Right now I am only going to two Red Sox home games. But I am seeing them on the road this year at the Cubs, and I am going to check out a White Sox game while I am there. I am also going to see them play at Philadelphia, and Detroit.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

about a dozen at busch
business takes me to denver and i hope to catch my first coors game
why is my neighborhood on fire
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

orcinus wrote:Will probably make the usual half-dozen trips to see the Royals flail aimlessly about.
The truly tragic thing is that I envy you being able to do this :(.

As I have said before, thank God for the distance so I am not tempted to throw my money down the shit can for a bunch of ingrate owners :evil:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

I'll hit a half dozen or so games, unless Prime hooks me up with some more tickets. Then I'll go to like seven or something.

I like taking the wife and kid to minute maid for Sat. games. Makes for a relatively inexpensive day, and a good memory maker, like last year... When I got to let my Daughter view first hand the delight of the mother scratching Expos kicking our ass. Yeah... memories!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

Bought tickets for the Cardinals trip to Philly May 17-19. Two night games and a businessman's special on Thursday afternoon. Probably hit up 3 or 4 more random games the rest of the year.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

10-25 games, gets too fucking hot for some afternoon games in summer!

companies i do buisness with, always have freeskis fer me.

or ill hit the bruthers outside busch, those $39 box seats become $25 a piece after the national anthem is played! :wink:
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

frisco

when the asstros come in town, look the 314 up.

Bace said the first schlafly is on him!
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

PrimeX wrote:I've got a season plan via the job so I'm sure I'll get to attend atleast 30 losses this year. Thirty game 'I get to keep or give away' package and whatsuch.

We are going to suck and blow.
hey prime,

maybe asstros can get another cake walk for last 3 months of season and make another run for wild card.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Who's going to games this year?

Post by Shoalzie »

Shoalzie wrote:I just bought tickets to a couple of Tigers games...Sunday, June 19 vs. Giants and Sunday, July 3 vs. Yankees. I'm pissed that the Red Sox series is Monday-Wednesday and I can't go to that.

Got my tickets in the mail today...
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

I'll hit a few games this season. Sox @ Tampa Bay weekend series @ the Trop (AKA) The Warehouse.

It's like Fenway south when the 'Sox are in town.

Fuck! Let's get this season started already!
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

I can't go through a summer without going to at least two to three games. I grew up with baseball (St. Louis Cardinals) and I'm glad I now live in another great MLB city even though the Rockies pretty much suck out loud; but I mostly blame that on the front office.

Hopefully this season I'll get to more than just a couple. It helps make for a great night on the town and the ticket prices for decent seats are very reasonable, IMO. At least at Coors Field anyway.

Go Rox!
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Adelpiero wrote:10-25 games, gets too fucking hot for some afternoon games in summer!

companies i do buisness with, always have freeskis fer me.

or ill hit the bruthers outside busch, those $39 box seats become $25 a piece after the national anthem is played! :wink:
been there done that!

war 90 degree afternoon games with 15% humidity and 70-75 degree night games.

damn I love Denver!
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Adelpiero wrote:Bace said the first schlafly is on him!
To keep from jeopardizing any future business, I will distance myself from this statement.

Anheuser-Busch products only, thank you.
why is my neighborhood on fire
AnNeg
Nighthawk

Post by AnNeg »

I'm moving to the Toronto area this summer to go to university so I will probably be checking out a few games at the Skydome..... errrr..... Rogers Centre.
Say this three times fast.....

Hinske, Hudson, Hill, Hillenbrand, Halladay, Huckaby