Ocean Course at Bahamas

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Ocean Course at Bahamas

Post by indyfrisco »

Played the Ocean while in Bahamas last week. TOUGH course. Only 6600+ from the golds, but the greens probably read a 324 on the stimp.

Anyhow, I start the day with a par. Sweet. Bogey the second. Par. Bogey. Par. +2 thru 5. I'm pretty damn happy on this course at this point. All of a sudden. Tweet...Tweet...Tweet. Fucken Birdie turkey. -1 thru 8. Bad thing about this course...they have cart paths only YEAR ROUND! This shit bit me in the ass many times. I get to #9 and land it in the trap in two. Coon the fuck out of it about 40 yards over the green. I find my ball but it is under a tree. All I had on me was my coon-maker and a putter. I'm not walking back to the cart. Should have. I try to purposefully coon it under the limbs. Wouldn't ya know, I pop it up into the branches. Two chips later I am finally on the green and two-putt for a nice snowman on the par 4 to finish 3 over-39.

I'm fuck-pissed. I go the next 5 holes at 1 over so I'm only 4 over with 4 to play. I proceed to double-bogey the last 4 holes for a 12 over 84.

Now, if you told me going into the day I was going to shoot 84 at the Ocean, I would have taken it and gone home. But the way that went down....shit. 12 over on 5 of the 18 holes for 12 over on the day. THAT, my friend, is enough to make you drink the blues away.

Next day, I went out hung over and was 19 over through 14 holes when the rains came and sent us home. What a difference a day (and half a gallon of Jack) make.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Re: Ocean Course at Bahamas

Post by RumpleForeskin »

IndyFrisco wrote:I proceed to double-bogey the last 4 holes for a 12 over 84.
They need to come up with a new name for the dreaded double-bogey. Perhaps we can call it the Winged Foot Lefty.

Example:

"I laid two just 75 yards out on this monsterous par five and ended up taking a Winged Foot Lefty. What the mother fuck?!?"
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Ocean Course at Bahamas

Post by Goober McTuber »

“I Rumplewifed my approach shot”. (Hit it fat).