Brett Favre is now a NEW YORK JET

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Brett Favre is now a NEW YORK JET

Post by RevLimiter »

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8381934" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow....just WOW. :shock: :shock: :shock:
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Re: Brett Favre is now a NEW YORK JET

Post by Uncle Fester »

PAIN!!! MURDERERS!!!

IDIOT COACHES AND GENERAL MANAGERS!!!

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Congrats Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy....you've clearly proven that you could care less about trying to win the Super Bowl. Thoughts and prayers, PackerFan.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Couldn't care less.

Pennington will be released.
He lands where?

Minnesota?
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

And so beings the Brian Brohm era in Green Bay...
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

poptart wrote:Couldn't care less.

He lands where?

Minnesota?
If Pennington lands HERE then I swear to all that is Holy right now that I will NEVER EVER watch or listen to another Chiefs game while he's here.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I still don't think the Jets make the playoffs with this move. Mangold and Ferguson are still struggling.

Throwing to Coles and Cotchery will be nice for the drama queen, but those guys tend to disappear in games.

If the Jets do end up making the playoffs, it will be cause of that weak ass schedule they play.

I'm just glad this shit is over, but really pissed off that the Jets are going to get even more press coverage than they already have.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Paul, what's your problem with Pennington?

He can hand the ball to Larry 30 times a game just like Brodie.

:?:
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

RevLimiter wrote:Congrats Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy....you've clearly proven that you could care less about trying to win the Super Bowl.
Not necessarily.
After beating the San Francisco 49ers in the 1997 NFC Championship Game, Favre won just three of his last 10 playoff games. Eli Manning had more postseason wins in a 29-day span this past season than Favre had in his last decade with the Green Bay Packers.
Yes, Favre won a Super Bowl -- 11 years ago! But as his career arc spiraled downward, the blind adulation only got worse.

Favre's passer rating in his last 12 postseason games was a pedestrian 77.8. In his last five wild-card games, he went 2-3 with more interceptions (nine) than touchdown passes (seven). In his last three divisional playoff games, he went 1-2 with seven TDs and seven interceptions. That's a 3-5 record with 14 touchdown passes and 16 picks.

In two of his last four postseason appearances, Favre threw two of the most unthinkable playoff interceptions in NFL history, both in overtime -- to Brian Dawkins of the Philadelphia Eagles in 2003 and to Corey Webster of the New York Giants in January. In fact, Favre is the only quarterback in NFL history to throw overtime interceptions in two playoff games. In his last nine playoff games, Favre threw 18 interceptions.
I enjoyed Favre’s time here with the Packers, but his “I’m retiring. No I’m not. Wait, yes I am” act got old. He thought he could force the Packers to let him go to the Vikings, and he wound up with the Jets. Just like he was prone to do in a big game, he gambled and lost. Enjoy the Big Apple, princess.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

RevLimiter wrote:
poptart wrote:Couldn't care less.

He lands where?

Minnesota?
If Pennington lands HERE then I swear to all that is Holy right now that I will NEVER EVER watch or listen to another Chiefs game while he's here.
Praying.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:I enjoyed Favre’s time here with the Packers, but his “I’m retiring. No I’m not. Wait, yes I am” act got old. He thought he could force the Packers to let him go to the Vikings, and he wound up with the Jets. Just like he was prone to do in a big game, he gambled and lost. Enjoy the Big Apple, princess.
At first I was going to chide the FAT FUCKING RETARD for posting, yet another, thread starting with a brilliant take of "WOW, JUST WOW!" But then I realized I must rack Goobs' fat ass instead. The Big Pussy thought the Packers hurt his feelings? Wait until he gets torn apart by the NY press after his first three INT game, which I'm hoping will be Week 1. I'll thoroughly enjoy it. Favre and the Yets are going to suck more pole this year than Pikkkle at a Newark block party, he'll wish he would have washed the sand out of his vagina and retired like he said he would. Bitch.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Let's not forget the amount of learning he has to do in such a short time. It usually take a few weeks for a guy to understand the system and know what his targets can and cannot do. This isn't like an 18 year veteran hitter jumping from the NL to the AL. This is much more complex.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RevLimiter wrote: If Pennington lands HERE then I swear to all that is Holy right now that I will NEVER EVER watch or listen to another Chiefs game while he's here.

Yeah, heaven forbid the Chefs add the most accurate passer in NFL history to their roster. That would be horrible for them.

Granted, as mv mentioned, Pennington ain't what he was. But he was generally getting it done when he's healthy enough to play.

For the Jets... odd move. Seems like they have a lot of dollars and resources in QBs, only to add a huge-dollar one. Their Hope Of The Future, Kellen Clemens (QQMF) was coming along quite nicely, and certainly could have been knocking on the door of a breakout season. Very strange move on the Jets part, imo.

And I hope the people with HoF votes remember Favre for what a bitch he is. If he rode off into the sunset, he's a no-freaking-brainer first-balloter. I hope the Voters make him wait a few years after this embarrassment.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I get that, but we've seen players get traded before during training camp and they could not adjust in enough time for the team to be successful.

And chew on this, Favre's antics came much later than what he normally did in years past when contemplating retirement. He usually had his mind made up and was in camp on time. Dude probably won't get up to game speed until the season starts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote: A stat that was tied to the fact that his pop gun arm forced him to play a dink and dunk game.
Yes and no, mostly "yes."

He also doesn't have My Favorite Martin to dink'n'dunk to... Curtis was pretty good at that style of ball, my memory tells me.

I agree that this is a strange football move, but his marquee value makes good business sense.

Were the Jets having trouble selling tix? Are they going to do an extra $13 mil at the gate solely because of Favre? I could understand the "marquee factor" in a market where they were struggling with attendance -- but I don't believe the Jets were having such troubles.

Making it all the more strange.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

It doesn't make sense at all. At least with the Bucs, they could contend for a NFC Championship run. There really is no other team in the NFC that is head shoulders above everyone else (exlcuding Dallas). Going to the AFC, you've got to contend with 4 legit Superbowl contenders in SD, Jac, Indy, and NE. Not to mention some serious playoff contenders this year in Cincy, Cle, Pit, Ten, and Hou. The fact that the Jets are playing the NFC West, and the AFC West this year might get them the record needed to sneak into a Wild Card spot, but then they will be destroyed by a better team most likely.

This isn't what he wanted though. I'm sure McCarthy told Brett there was no chance in hell he was playing for a division rival and Brett had to settle for the Jets or Bucs.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Except, who the hell is going to watch a Jets game.

Last week, nobody. Next month, I'll watch. And so will you.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dinsdale wrote:Were the Jets having trouble selling tix?
Plunger Addict wrote:Except, who the hell is going to watch a Jets game.

Last week, nobody.
Last year's attendance for the Jets 8 home games:

Which is about the same attendance the Giants, who kinda won the SB, posted in the same building.

Dumbass.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Dinsdale wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Were the Jets having trouble selling tix?
Plunger Addict wrote:Except, who the hell is going to watch a Jets game.

Last week, nobody.
Last year's attendance for the Jets 8 home games:

Which is about the same attendance the Giants, who kinda won the SB, posted in the same building.

Dumbass.
RACK....NY is ONLY the #1 TV market in the country, you fucktool. :brad:
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

Dinsdale wrote: I hope the Voters make him wait a few years after this embarrassment.

5 sounds about right.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Dear Deanna,

Welcome to New York. There's a lot to know about this city and I know Brett's probably gonna be too busy to accompany you around town while you try and get your bearings. I've got this baseball thing goin on now but I can still make time to show you around. Give me a call.

Sincerely,

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

^^^^^
$$$

Deanna would be a major MILF upgrade from Madonna:

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

This guy NAILED it on how the Packers fucked this whole deal up: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/ ... ortCat=nfl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Dinsdale wrote: And I hope the people with HoF votes remember Favre for what a bitch he is. If he rode off into the sunset, he's a no-freaking-brainer first-balloter. I hope the Voters make him wait a few years after this embarrassment.
So explain then how this is any different than Joe Montana going to the Chiefs?

He wasn't ready to hang it up but the 49ers wanted to move on.
Don't think for a minute they didn't try to get Joe to do endorsements or pressure him to have the fairwell tour.
Dude just didn't want to quit and he came within one game of getting KC to the Super Bowl.

Which by the way was as fucking close as they have been in the last 38 years.

Packer braintrust is spinning this as "he changed his mind" - I'm thinking there was a lot of "encouragement" on their part back in March to get him to make that announcement. The $20,000,000 endorsement offer keep him on the sideleines pretty much convinced me. They need to justify drafting Rogers before he rolled away into FA -
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

RumpleForeskin wrote: I'm just glad this shit is over
I laughed...if you think "this shit is over" you're sadly mistaken

we'll be inundated for months to come with up to the minute updates of everything Favre...the first restaurant he ate at, the first autograph he signed, the first time he stubbed his toe, etc ad nauseam

I don't even want to think about the scrotum sucking that will transpire the first time the Jets play a prime time game
get out, get out while there's still time
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Scott, a few things.

1. I don't think Favre's actions should or will cause voters to 'delay' him. He's going in 5 years after retirement, no doubt about it.

2. Montana didn't un-retire, as Favre did.

3. The Packers 'spinned' that Favre changed his mind?? LOL - Not a good take. He retired. Hey, Favre is a big boy. If the Packers 'pressured' him to retire, tough nuts. You're well aware that he dicked around with the organization for a few off-seasons with his 'maybe I'll play, maybe I won't' assholery.

4. Is the $20,000,000 offer the Pack made a fact? If so, so what? Right or wrong, the team was ready to move on without Favre -- who DID retire -- and it's their right to make a decision on personnel at any time. Favre is not God.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Favre will do alright with the Jets but he's got a lesser supporting cast around him. Unless Jones returns to Pro Bowl form, teams will look to take the passing game away and force Brett into his trademark wild throws and ugly interceptions. He goes to a deeper conference where making the playoffs will be much more of a challenge than it is in the NFC. I'd give him a lot of credit if can get the Jets back to the playoffs considering the AFC has 5 of the 7 or 8 best teams in the NFL. Getting that last wild card spot is going to be a bitch.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

As a Patriot fan I could not be happier. Our interceptions totals will jump by 5-6 picks by getting to play this chump twice a year!! YEEEEEE HA!!
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

poptart wrote:Scott, a few things.

1. I don't think Favre's actions should or will cause voters to 'delay' him. He's going in 5 years after retirement, no doubt about it.

3. The Packers 'spinned' that Favre changed his mind?? LOL - Not a good take. He retired. Hey, Favre is a big boy. If the Packers 'pressured' him to retire, tough nuts. You're well aware that he dicked around with the organization for a few off-seasons with his 'maybe I'll play, maybe I won't' assholery.

4. Is the $20,000,000 offer the Pack made a fact? If so, so what? Right or wrong, the team was ready to move on without Favre -- who DID retire -- and it's their right to make a decision on personnel at any time. Favre is not God.
Agree with everything you said. And the reports around here were that the $20 million personal services contract had been in the works for months. Very quietly, in the background, until someone in the Favre camp decided to leak that info at the opportune time.

I’d appreciate it if one of the wytches could put together a picture of Favre wearing a lovely tiara.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Remember the Seifeld episode where Costanze begs Susan to get back together with him? After many hours she finally relents and George is seen trudging up the stairs to their apartment with a very sad look on his face. He suddenly realized he fucked himself... going hard after something that he didn't really want. I saw the same look on Favre's face as he was holding up his new #4 Jets jersey. Good luck, Brett.
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Remember the Seifeld episode where Costanze begs Susan to get back together with him? After many hours she finally relents and George is seen trudging up the stairs to their apartment with a very sad look on his face. He suddenly realized he fucked himself... going hard after something that he didn't really want. I saw the same look on Favre's face as he was holding up his new #4 Jets jersey. Good luck, Brett.

I noticed the same thing....especially after he said I'll always be a Packer....Good luck Brett
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Remember the Seifeld episode where Costanze begs Susan to get back together with him? After many hours she finally relents and George is seen trudging up the stairs to their apartment with a very sad look on his face. He suddenly realized he fucked himself... going hard after something that he didn't really want. I saw the same look on Favre's face as he was holding up his new #4 Jets jersey. Good luck, Brett.

Rack that.

If he were a salesman and that press conference was his product, it would collect dust on the shelves like fat free yogurt at a KC grocery store.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Shoalzie wrote:Favre will do alright with the Jets but he's got a lesser supporting cast around him.

Are you fucking high?

Brick and Faneca aren't an upgrade for Favre?

Get a clue.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Dinsdale wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:Favre will do alright with the Jets but he's got a lesser supporting cast around him.

Are you fucking high?

Brick and Faneca aren't an upgrade for Favre?

Get a clue.

I was referring to receivers and backs, dearheart...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I don't care if you've got Jerry Rice and Jim Brown on your team...

Without OLinemen, it doesn't matter...

Dumbass.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:
Both were pressured to give up their starting gigs to the "up and coming back-up"
Joe just said play me or trade me - Favre relented

Put that in it's proper context - they pressure him to hang it up - he finally said OK.
There's no way you can convince me they try to push him out to give AR the starting job.
and the Packers will never admit they were pushing Favre out - they will spin it to put the best possible light on a decision that was pre-ordained
All I know on the offer is what was reported as a personnel services contract by the Packers.
And just as it's their right to push him out, it's his right to say he wanted to keep playing.

The real litmus test of this decision will be how this season plays out - If AR is a flop - you'll see the management team in GB crucified
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:Were the Jets having trouble selling tix? Are they going to do an extra $13 mil at the gate solely because of Favre? I could understand the "marquee factor" in a market where they were struggling with attendance -- but I don't believe the Jets were having such troubles.

Making it all the more strange.
It would be strange if the Jets weren't moving into a new stadium in 2010. That means PSLs will go on sale sometime within the next 12 months. The better the Jets are on the field this year, the more likely they are to move those PSLs.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Dinsdale wrote:I don't care if you've got Jerry Rice and Jim Brown on your team...

Without OLinemen, it doesn't matter...

Dumbass.

Sorry, I didn't play by your rules of what support cast is...I should've said skilled position players from the start.

All that aside, I do agree with that he's going to have a strong left side of the line in New York protecting his blind side. He's got a Lions reject, Damien Woody, blocking for him on the right side but he was a very good lineman in New England before he signed with the Lions and ballooned up moved from guard to tackle. Getting away from Detroit usually changes the fortunes of most players...see Jeff Garcia after he left Detroit and went on to have some success in Philadelphia and Tampa Bay when his career seemed to be over with.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

KC No more tears wrote:Thoughts and prayers, PackerFan.
You're a goddamn disgrace.

You and the sniveling assPacker fans need to get the fuck out and find another forum to wipe your crocodile tears away, KC OxygenNetwork.

RACK 'Tart, as usual.

Nobody outside of frozen cholesterol clogged central gives 2 fucks about that shit team.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

RJ wrote:
KC No more tears wrote:Thoughts and prayers, PackerFan.
You're a goddamn disgrace.

You and the sniveling assPacker fans need to get the fuck out and find another forum to wipe your crocodile tears away, KC OxygenNetwork.

RACK 'Tart, as usual.

Nobody outside of frozen cholesterol clogged central gives 2 fucks about that shit team.
football must be fast approaching....Jimmuh is already in midseason form.... :D
get out, get out while there's still time