Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports ranks the NFL's owners

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports ranks the NFL's owners

Post by RevLimiter »

This is a FASCINATING read....what's your opinion of what he says about YOUR team's owner(s)?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Re: Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports ranks the NFL's owners

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Deece list although I'd rank Bud Adams lower. Dude probably doesn't know half his players names.

McNair would be ranked higher if the Texans had a couple of winning seasons.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I wipe my ass with his list.

Dan Snyder is the league's 3rd 'best' owner? :lol:

Bob McNair is 7th? :lol:

... and what Jack said about Bidwell and Davis. :lol:

Kill yourself, Michael ... 'Silver' ... asshole.

Thanks for the giggles, Paul.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Bill Ford isn't dead last. The list is flawed.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

poptart wrote:Bob McNair is 7th? :lol:

Baiting 'tart?

McNair has managed somehow to generate the third most amount in sponsorship $$$. That is saying something considering the product.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

poptart wrote:I wipe my ass with his list.
Why, because Dude was SPOT ON with his assessment of YOUR team's owner? :lol:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

RevLimiter wrote:
poptart wrote:I wipe my ass with his list.
Why, because Dude was SPOT ON with his assessment of YOUR team's owner? :lol:
You should be more worried about your skidstain owner and his laughably pathetic failure to sign your #1 pick.

How's that 5 year plan to get the Super Bowl working out for your franchise again? Oh, thats right-you're literally in year fucking 20 of it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Runps, perhaps I'm just hopelessly old-school.
You see, I think an owner has to put together a WINNING product in order to be recognized as a success.

Six years in and McNair has had 5 HORRIBLE losing season and one .500 season.
That's dogshit any way you spin it.
He's the 7th best owner in the league?? LMAO

Get the fuck OUT, dude.

When McNair managed to steal a franchise from the leauge when they were hell-bent on having a team in L.A. again, I thought he was going to be a GREAT owner.
But it hasn't happened.

Any other measuring sticks other than WINNING are so far secondary that they just simply doesn't rate.

jmo
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

RJ wrote:You should be more worried about your skidstain owner and his laughably pathetic failure to sign your #1 pick.
We've already signed our other 1st rounder (the one that REALLY needed to be in camp on time)- Dorsey can wait a week or two and still be OK. BTW. HALF of the other 1st rounders are still unsigned, you fucking dick.
How's that 5 year plan to get the Super Bowl working out for your franchise again? Oh, thats right-you're literally in year fucking 20 of it.

Gee, we've NEVER heard that before.... :meds:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

What do you expect from a freaking U.C. Berkeley grad who writes his tripe under a fake last name?

Grade-A douchenozzle, the guy is.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

poptart wrote:Six years in and McNair has had 5 HORRIBLE losing season and one .500 season.
That's dogshit any way you spin it.
He's the 7th best owner in the league?? LMAO
So you put the onus on the owner if a team wins or lose. I had no idea you were this obtuse, tart.

Owner styles are so different and sometimes are put under a microscope for being too involved or too passive and cheap. McNair hired Casserly who was a proven GM and he hired Capers who took an expansion team to the NFC championship in two years. It didn't work out like before, but he hired the people with the most qualified background at the time. The Texans progessed every year their first three seasons and then collapsed. I can't say that was his fault. The coaches babied Carr, Casserly made some bad picks, and the team did not live up to its potential in 2005. McNair let them do their job and gave them a checkbook to do it with. The GM and Staff made bad choices and you think he is to blame for this? No fucking way. You know what he did next, he hired Reeves as a consultant and pushed all the garbage out. Hired Kubiak and Smith and now the Texans are within reach of their first playoff birth.

McNair has done everything he could do as a handsoff owner and has given this team hope just two seasons removed from a 2-14 record. He writes checks and lets the decision makers do the rest. Guys like Snyder and Jones have too big of ego to let that kind of thing go on. I commend McNair for doing what he has done and has made a profit out of it. First class owner IMO.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Rumps, I hear what you are saying and I understand your point(s).
And yes, Capers and Casserly looked like solid hires at the time.

But the bottom line is that they turned out to be ... not too solid.
If that is not on the owner, then who IS it on?

He hired 'em.

Look, if you want to be regarded as the 7th best owner in the NFL then at least show up with ONE winning season under your belt.
Good grief.

You've got to PROVE yourself, and McNair simply hasn't.

Over time, perhaps he will, I dunno.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

RevLimiter wrote:
RJ wrote:You should be more worried about your skidstain owner and his laughably pathetic failure to sign your #1 pick.
We've already signed our other 1st rounder (the one that REALLY needed to be in camp on time)- Dorsey can wait a week or two and still be OK. BTW. HALF of the other 1st rounders are still unsigned, you fucking dick.

Gee, we've NEVER heard that before.... :meds:
Read it and weep you fucking loser RJ: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingc ... id=3506135" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

poptart wrote:What do you expect from a freaking U.C. Berkeley grad who writes his tripe under a fake last name?

Grade-A douchenozzle, the guy is.

...I call bull sh!t

sin, Micheal Weiner
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

RumpleForeskin wrote: Guys like Snyder and Jones have too big of ego to let that kind of thing go on.

Uh, last time I checked Jerry had three Super Bowl rings on his watch, and has his team poised for a run at a 4th. He put his ego in check long enough to let Parcells rebuild his team, and he drops cash at any point necessary.

I know you hate the Cowboys, Rumps, but give it a fucking rest.

RumpleForeskin wrote:So you put the onus on the owner if a team wins or lose.

Ever hear the expression "the buck stops here"?

No the owner is not responsible for wins and losses on a game by game basis, but over a five year period? He sure fucking is responsible.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Headhunter wrote:
I know you hate the Cowboys, Rumps, but give it a fucking rest.[/quote]

I never said I hated the Cowboys. I'm not a fan of the Cowboys or that city, but I don't root against them constantly like most Texan fans.

No the owner is not responsible for wins and losses on a game by game basis, but over a five year period? He sure fucking is responsible.
The first 3 years the Texans showed progression, so was McNair supposed to fire Capers and Casserly during that time? No fucking way. He would have been crucified.

Year One: 4-12. Not a bad start for an expansion franchise.
Year Two: 5-11. Okay, we would have like to see 6-10, but its still an improvement
Year Three: 7-9. Now we're getting somewhere. Couple of critical redzone fumbles away in a couple of games and the franchise would have had their first winning season.

How do you fire someone after they have improved every season? Hell, everyone was saying this was going to be a 4-5 year process for a playoff push. They were on the right track and then they shit the bed. McNair fired Capers and then he fired Casserly after the draft. He made the right move at the right time. I really don't know how any other owner could have handled it better.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

The part you're missing...

The owner is culpable for the hires in the first place. How do you keep Charley Casserly from fucking up the draft? Don't hire him in the first place.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

8. Denver Broncos – Pat Bowlen

I have to admit that made me laugh

Bowlen is a fucking joke
get out, get out while there's still time
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Isn't pretty much a guarantee that the worst owners on that list also have bad teams. There aren't many top teams with bad owners. Jacksonville is having an issue with Weaver and him wanting to unload the team but for the most part, you look at the best teams in the league, there is a good/dedicated owner in front of them.

Over here, Mr. Ford isn't really a bad guy, just a bad NFL owner. He makes bad business decisions with this football team...namely the hiring of a certain former Fox analyst and all-pro linebacker. Many LionFans believe, he's the reason holding them back but really all that needs to be done is the right people need to be put in place to run the everyday operation. He's not a very hands on owner...he just sticks with people he's buddies with but they aren't the right people to run his football team.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

I wonder where this guy would fit in...

Rush to NFL judgment: Limbaugh interested in the Rams

Talk show host Rush Limbaugh would be an interested party if the St. Louis Rams were to come up for sale.

"The Rams would be a great team to have," Limbaugh told the St. Louis Business Journal last week. "I have a lot of friends in ownership in the NFL, and my desire to get involved has not been a secret."

Limbaugh, who has an eight-year deal with Premiere Radio Network and has an estimated worth of $300 million, grew up in Cape Girardeau, Mo.

Even with his wealth, Limbaugh knows that he would have to be creative with money to get the team.

"I have no debt whatsoever. This would require changing that," he said adding that owning a pro franchise has become a "billionaires' club."

Limbaugh's last connection to the NFL was when he was a commentator for ESPN. It was short-lived job as he resigned after making comments about Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb that some thought were racist.

The team is not currently for sale. However, owner Georgia Frontiere died earlier this year and her children have become majority owners.

Chip Rosenbloom said earlier this month that despite hiring a firm that specializes in sports investments, he is not considering putting the team on the market. However....

"It's the same as it's been," Rosenbloom told the St. Louis Dispatch. "If the right person at the time right time with the right price came, I suppose that you might sell your house, right? So, I don't say never. ... If we get a phone call today from somebody who says the right things, we would listen."

Fans at clanram.com are filling message boards with their comments on the conservative radio host becoming a team owner. They seem to care less for Limbaugh's political leanings than they do for his commitment to winning. Click here for their comments.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/0 ... l-jud.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

mvscal wrote:
Diogenes wrote:"I have no debt whatsoever. This would require changing that," he said
More than just a little bit. This is not going to happen, unless he forms some kind of partnership.
Obviously. Not a fan of the guy, but I would love to see the circus that would ensue if he put it together.

And yes, he'd still be a better owner than Bidwell. But that isn't saying much.

ImageImage
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Diogenes wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Diogenes wrote:"I have no debt whatsoever. This would require changing that," he said
More than just a little bit. This is not going to happen, unless he forms some kind of partnership.
Obviously. Not a fan of the guy, but I would love to see the circus that would ensue if he put it together.

Yeah, I’m sure they’d do real well with an all-white team.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Diogenes wrote:
mvscal wrote:

He would have to give up his radio gig. No way the NFL wants that kind of a lightning rod as a majority owner. Now if he were to goin an ownership group with a minority stake, that would be a different story.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Diogenes wrote:he'd still be a better owner than Bidwell. But that isn't saying much.

Georgia Frontiere is still a better owner than Bidwell, and she's fucking dead!
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Headhunter wrote:
Diogenes wrote:he'd still be a better owner than Bidwell. But that isn't saying much.

Georgia Frontiere is still a better owner than Bidwell, and she's fucking dead!
The longer she's dead the better she gets.

Hopefully Bill will copy her and improve his act ASAP.

ImageImage