Those weird, wacky Christians

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Those weird, wacky Christians

Post by Goober McTuber »

Report: Ohio teacher burned cross on kids' arms

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio (AP) -- A public school teacher preached his Christian beliefs despite complaints by other teachers and administrators and used a device to burn the image of a cross on students' arms, according to a report by independent investigators.

Mount Vernon Middle School teacher John Freshwater also taught creationism in his science class and was insubordinate in failing to remove a Bible and other religious materials from his classroom, the report said.

School board members were scheduled to meet Friday afternoon to discuss the findings by consulting firm H.R. On Call Inc., hired by the district to investigate. The report was released Thursday.

School Superintendent Stephen Short wouldn't comment on the report before Friday's meeting, his office said. A message seeking comment was left for Freshwater's attorney, Roger Weaver.

The report comes one week after a family filed a federal lawsuit in Columbus against Freshwater and the school district, saying Freshwater burned a cross on their child's arm that remained for three or four weeks.

Freshwater's friend Dave Daubenmire defended him.

"With the exception of the cross-burning episode ... I believe John Freshwater is teaching the values of the parents in the Mount Vernon school district," he told The Columbus Dispatch in a story published Friday.

Several students interviewed by investigators described Freshwater, who has been employed by the school district for 21 years, as a great guy.

But Lynda Weston, the district's director of teaching and learning, told investigators that she has dealt with complaints about Freshwater for much of her 11-year term at the district, the report said.

A former superintendent, Jeff Maley, said he tried to find another position for Freshwater but couldn't because Freshwater was certified only in science, the report said.

Freshwater used a science tool known as a high-frequency generator to burn images of a cross on students' arms in December, the report said. Freshwater told investigators he simply was trying to demonstrate the device on several students and described the images as an "X," not a cross. But pictures show the images depict a cross, the report said.

Other findings show that Freshwater taught that carbon dating was unreliable to argue against evolution.
Right from the AP.

Sincerely,

Goober42
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Those weird, wacky Christians

Post by Wolfman »

Yeah--good thing the non-Christians don't do or teach wacky things in school !
Nothing like the broad brush-- right Goobs ?
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Freshwater's friend Dave Daubenmire defended him.

"With the exception of the cross-burning episode ... I believe John Freshwater is teaching the values of the parents in the Mount Vernon school district," he told The Columbus Dispatch in a story published Friday.

And by that you can infer "will vote for McCain."
Before God was, I am
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Wolfman wrote:Yeah--good thing the non-Christians don't do or teach wacky things in school !
Post a story then, Wolfie. Show me where a non-Christian is burning "666"s onto our kids.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Wolfman wrote:Yeah--good thing the non-Christians don't do or teach wacky things in school !
Post a story then, Wolfie. Show me where a non-Christian is burning "666"s onto our kids.
That'll cause the curmudgeon to sputter into a coronary.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

If this guy goes to jail, as I surely BELIEVE he should, he'll be targeted for some pretty neat homemade tattoos.

OH LORD!! BRING THIS SINNER TO JUSTICE, AND LET BSMACK PAY YOUR TOOL WOLFIE BACK!!!!
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Yeah Heaven forbid he be tried by a jury and his guilt or innocence be determined.

No, no, no. An INTERNET news article, said he did it, so he must have done it.

Suck it up wolfie, payback is a bitch. The Christians did it for years and it's come full circle.

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Even his friend appears to freely admit that the dude defaced kids' bodies. Dude should go to jail for that.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

PSUFAN wrote:Even his friend appears to freely admit that the dude defaced kids' bodies. Dude should go to jail for that.
You're such a puss. It's not like it's permanent or anything. It fades in a few weeks, so what's the harm? Besides, like dude said, it's just an "X," not a cross. I always liked that band.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Smackie Chan wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Even his friend appears to freely admit that the dude defaced kids' bodies. Dude should go to jail for that.
You're such a puss. It's not like it's permanent or anything. It fades in a few weeks, so what's the harm? Besides, like dude said, it's just an "X," not a cross. I always liked that band.
Then I guess it's a good thing the teacher wasn't a fan of The Presidents of the United States of America.
9/27/22
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Goober McTuber wrote:
How about some stories where non-christians are... CHOPPING PEOPLE'S HEADS OFF?

Dildo.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Cuda wrote:Dildo.
Perhaps I'm the one who is now easily amused, but that made me laugh 'cuz it's been a long time since I've seen or heard someone called that. I went to junior high school with a kid named Pepe Padilla, who was always called Pepe Padildo. I'm having flashbacks.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

You should RACK! me then
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Let's not go overboard.

Tom Waits
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Cuda wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
I'm sorry, did that happen in an American public school? Moron.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Goober McDipshit wrote:

I'm sorry, did that happen in an American public school? Moron.
And where did you specify this? Nowhere, that's where. And trying to set that condition after taking a plunger in the ass is not exactly persuasive.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Cuda wrote:
Goober McDipshit wrote:I'm sorry, did that happen in an American public school? Moron.
And where did you specify this? Nowhere, that's where. And trying to set that condition after taking a plunger in the ass is not exactly persuasive.
C'mon, Coods. Does it really have to be spelled out for you?

1. The article is about a public school teacher in Ohio.
2. Wolfie's lame reply specified, "Yeah--good thing the non-Christians don't do or teach wacky things in school !
3. Gobbles's reply was, "Show me where a non-Christian is burning "666"s onto our kids.

Seems like it should be pretty clear to even, well, you, that the discussion wasn't about goings on in other parts of the world. Yeah, I know you're defense is gonna be, "But Smackie, look at the thread title. Dildo!" That's really reaching, don't you think? Wait - before answering, maybe you should check and see how Lou Dobbs weighs in on this.

Tom Waits
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Smackie Chan wrote: 3. Gobbles's reply was, "Show me where a non-Christian is burning "666"s onto our kids.
And that is the only relevant part, really. Context is something that Gobbles McTubesteak only takes refuge in after he's been plungered
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Cuda wrote:
Smackie Chan wrote: 3. Gobbles's reply was, "Show me where a non-Christian is burning "666"s onto our kids.
And that is the only relevant part, really. Context is something that Gobbles McTubesteak only takes refuge in after he's been plungered
He posted that before you made an appearance in this thread, and he had no impetus to "take refuge" from you or anyone else ('cept Wolfie, but let's be real - a wet paper towel is sufficient refuge from that). And if what McTubesteak has had to endure so far can be considered being "plungered," then that term has been seriously diluted.

Tom Waits
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Goober McTuber wrote:Right from the AP.

Sincerely,

Goober42
Goddammit, Goober. Have a fucking take. :meds:

And you could have provided a pic. Nah, much too difficult. Here ya go.

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

I can understand how that could be construed as an "X" rather than a cross. If I was Stevie Wonder.

Tom Waits
Ang
Jumpin' Little Juke Joint Gal

Post by Ang »

Yea, you can say it's the wierd wacky Christians, but this is the kind of guy who gets rejected from teaching in a Christian school in the first round of applications. That is why he is doing his particular "brand" of weirdness in a public school. Cause I'm sure he applied to a ton of Christian schools and they saw how freaking weird he was and gave him the polite letter of...thanks for applying and we just don't have a place for you right now, and the unspoken idea of "and won't til hell freezes over".
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Smackie Chan wrote: I went to junior high school with a kid named Pepe Padilla, who was always called Pepe Padildo. I'm having flashbacks.
Oh shit, I can beat that. There was this quite undatable girl in my HS with a hairy mole on one cheek and the trace of a black 'stache at age 14 and she smelled like day-old sweat (or maybe that was the bus).

Her name was Donna Rocha, but she was tagged Donnarhea when that mole began sprouting black grass in 8th grade and that stuck for all four HS years. If not for the nuns censoring the yearbook, she would have been glossed that way in there, too.

She seemed to take it in stride. No word on if she ever became a postal employee though.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Smackie Chan wrote: And if what McTubesteak has had to endure so far can be considered being "plungered," then that term has been seriously diluted.
You can call it whatever you'd like. Point is, Gobbles started this out as a blanket-condemnation of christians, which is indicated by the thread title. You'll notice it doesn't say "Those Wierd, Wacky Christian School Teachers"
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

It started out as bait, you fucking moron. Worked well as such.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

What will your next "bait" thread be titled, "Come Bitch-Slap Me"?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

a blanket-condemnation of christians
That's what the Theology Forum is for, you priest-grabbed simpleton.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Cuda wrote:What will your next "bait" thread be titled, "Come Bitch-Slap Me"?
You're welcome to try. Based on what I've seen from you over the years, I'm not terribly concerned.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Cuda wrote:What will your next "bait" thread be titled, "Come Bitch-Slap Me"?
He's been a little pissed that I've been using him as a token Flipper here lately. :D
What you’ve been doing lately is your standard imitation of a message board mosquito. Whenever somebody bitchslaps you upside your misshapen head, you made them “jump”. You made them “melt”. You imagine that people are angry with you, that they hate you. You’re such a pitiful tard, it’s almost funny.

No, it actually is funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

message board mosquito....
rack.

Where can I get me some message board off?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I keep coming back to this. Regardless of the guy's professed faith, he's a fucking lunatic. It's unwise to paint with a broad brush, either in defending the guy or in cracking on him.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Goober may be a dipshit, PUS, but calling him a lunatic might be a little over the top.

... well, maybe not.

Carry on...
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Yeah, that whacko is an isolated case!

Sin,
the Phelps (forked) family tree
9/27/22
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

PSUFAN wrote:
I keep coming back to this. Regardless of the guy's professed faith, he's a fucking lunatic. It's unwise to paint with a broad brush, either in defending the guy or in cracking on him.

Of course it' unwise to paint with a broad brush, this guy - presumably guilty - however definitely deserves to be branded a lunatic.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Yeah, that whacko is an isolated case!

Sin,
the Phelps (forked) family tree
Fuck off, short-eyes