Beck'sweiser?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Beck'sweiser?

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/11/news/co ... 2008061118" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Later, Clydesdales:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsemeat#Belgium" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Belgium
In Belgium, horse meat (paardenvlees in Dutch and viande chevaline in French) is highly prized. It is used in steak tartare, in which, compared to the beef equivalent, the richer flavor of the horse meat lends itself better to the pungent seasoning used in preparation. Besides being served raw, it can be broiled for a short period, producing a crusty exterior and a raw, moist interior. Smoked horse meat is very popular as breakfast and sandwich meat. Horse steaks are also very popular; the town of Vilvoorde has a few restaurants specializing in this dish. Horse-sausage is a well known local specialty in Lokeren with European recognition.

It is widely believed that traditional Belgian fried potatoes (pommes frites) were cooked in horse fat, but in fact ox fat (suet) was used, although for health reasons this has been supplanted by nut oil (considered inferior by many).
_Porter_
Jake

Re: Beck'sweiser?

Post by _Porter_ »

After reading that wiki page, I can only imagine what they would have done to 8 belles if the Derby were held in Antwerp. :shock:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

$65 a share would buy me a lifetime worth of 30 packs....

Sell, sell, sell!!!

Then again, it's hard to imagine the Busch family relinquishing control of the dynasty at any price, especially to a foreign based conglomo. Budweiser is as much an American institution as baseball, hotdogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet.

This is old news, btw. Read about this potential takeover bid weeks ago.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

dollar is weak. more and more foreign companies will be coming in, buying our institutions and laying off American workers.

314 is gripping. Budweiser is a big part of our identity. they give buhzillions of dollars to charity. I think the airport might close if AB leaves.
why is my neighborhood on fire
_Porter_
Jake

Post by _Porter_ »

War Wagon wrote: Then again, it's hard to imagine the Busch family relinquishing control of the dynasty at any price, especially to a foreign based conglomo.
Everyone's got a price, WW. Even if you loved the house you lived in, if someone offered you double what it was worth, you'd probably sell.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

You have to wonder - will the Belgians actually brew beer there, or will they stick with the Diet Rice soda formula that has been so successful in recent decades?

If they switch to beer, then look out - there's gonna be a lot of rice sitting in silos up in this bitch.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
YD
Michael McDonald

Post by YD »

Bizzarofelice wrote:dollar is weak. more and more foreign companies will be coming in, buying our institutions and laying off American workers.
FUCK the global economy like I said at the Mag. It will bring out country to it's knees before any Obamunists (sup Cuda) can.

314 is gripping. Budweiser is our identity.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

PSUFAN wrote:You have to wonder - will the Belgians actually brew beer there, or will they stick with the Diet Rice soda formula that has been so successful in recent decades?
Budweiser has kicked butt with stupid advertisements and lowest common denominator taste. High brow taste is a niche market that, without culture change, will only get you so far. The beer may suck, but it is profitable suck ('sup Nickelback).
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

It looks like we just sang the same ditty, Pavarotti. You swimmin' the Rice River a little early today?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
_Porter_
Jake

Post by _Porter_ »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:You have to wonder - will the Belgians actually brew beer there, or will they stick with the Diet Rice soda formula that has been so successful in recent decades?
Budweiser has kicked butt with stupid advertisements and lowest common denominator taste. High brow taste is a niche market that, without culture change, will only get you so far. The beer may suck, but it is profitable suck ('sup Nickelback).
Creed's going to be really pissed off if they find out that Nickelback has knocked them out of the top spot. :lol: Nicely done.

I knew this was old, but didn't know it was twelve years old:

Old Milwaukee #1

There was a national survey done about the same time (not gonna look for that one) that had Old Milwaukee #1 as well. Thus proving your "suck" point.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
please spare us another beer snob thread.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

War Wagon wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:
please spare us another beer snob thread.

I'm going home to drink Miller High Life when I'm done sing the wi-fi at this uber ritzy cafe I just had dinner at.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

This will most certainly suck. Have a few friends who work here in the Houston plant. Should Becks takeover, their future is uncertain. Gonna have to call one of them and see what management is saying.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Honestly can't say I have ever tried Old Milwaukee. Now I gotta go spend 3 bucks on a six just out of curiosity. Lemme guess what the euro skunk beer was. Gotta be heineken. I always thought that if you liked heineken, you could save some money by buying cheap american swill and storing it in your car trunk for about a year.

They seem to like strohs. I haven't had any in about 25 years or so....for good reason. Maybe it's changed.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

my dad brought becks beer to the florida area. at least thats what he liked to brag about before he died. kind of like the guy we all meet at the bar that invented the milk carton.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

smackaholic wrote:Honestly can't say I have ever tried Old Milwaukee. Now I gotta go spend 3 bucks on a six just out of curiosity. Lemme guess what the euro skunk beer was. Gotta be heineken. I always thought that if you liked heineken, you could save some money by buying cheap american swill and storing it in your car trunk for about a year.

They seem to like strohs. I haven't had any in about 25 years or so....for good reason. Maybe it's changed.
Most of the older crusty folks here will remember that even 15 years ago, skunk beer was pretty prevalent. Back before Budweiser started the trend of "Born-on dating" and (I think) Coors started advertising that they shipped in refrigerated trucks, the only way to get fresh beer was if you lived next door to a brewery or if you got a keg. Otherwise you were pretty much playing roulette when you bought beer from a store. You had no idea how long it had been in a warehouse or how many states it rolled through in a hot-ass truck on the way to your town.

Imports were subject to the same shit and were usually even more likely to be skunky from age, since they'd sit in a warehouse overseas, prior to a long-ass ride here, drive through the heat, etc.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

bbqjones wrote:kind of like the guy we all meet at the bar that invented the milk carton.
He's sitting right next to:

NO DUDE! MY AUNT WAS IN THE OPERATING ROOM WHEN THEY REMOVED THE GERBIL FROM RICHARD GERE'S ASS! IT'S TRUE, DAMMIT!
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one