So This Memorial Day

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

So This Memorial Day

Post by Felix »

I make my annual pilgrimage to a local course for the tournament that kicks the golf season into high gear for me a three-day match play tournament

If things go like they have for the past three years, the tournament will unfold as follows:

you absolutely DO NOT want to play me on Saturday, but will be begging to play me on Sunday

last year I beat the eventual consolation champion 7-6, which in match play is pretty much of an ass-kicking...Sunday, I got taken out 5-4 and it was like I'd never swung a golf club before...I haven't made it to Monday in about 4-years :(, but those mofo's are going down this year...I'll be attending the Calcutta tonight...I won't be participating..ah, who the fuck am I kidding, I'll probably drop grand and have to endure the laser beam stare of my wife for the next couple of weeks

talk about a love hate relationship..wish me luck kids
get out, get out while there's still time
Qbert

Re: So This Memorial Day

Post by Qbert »

i'll Throw 1000 :bode: bucks into the calcutta Pot on my guy Felix.

Go get'em JT!

remember...a donut without a hole--->is a danish. :mrgreen:

...iron play will be a strong point for FELIX during this Tourney....he was fitted exostentially by the BEST.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

so far, the pattern is holding true
took out last years 2nd place finisher 4-3
was three over when I closed the match out on the 15th with a 15 foot birdie

today I'll probably be about 8 over when I get closed out on the 12th

P.S. to qbert-the irons are the real hero's here
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

ahem....after HOURS---->are you lurking around here Felix???????

wtf happened?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Qbert wrote: wtf happened?

made it to Monday after eeking out a win Sunday on the 19th hole..won it on a birdie

Monday will go down in infamy as one of my great collapses
going into the 16th hole, I'm dormie (i've got him down three with three to play)...he birdies the 16th-nothing I can do about that

17th hole is a 185 yard par 3-he dumps his shot into a greenside bunker, I hit mine to about 20 feet left of the hole....he hits a sand shot to about 2 feet, and I made my first mistake by giving him the putt....I roll the ball to about a foot and a half then proceed to non-chalant the putt to the right and MISS down 1 with one to play

the 18th is a 525 yard par 5 with a road running down the right side
he coons a drive about 50 yards into some deep rough-I follow by spinning out of the shot and pushing it to the right and the wind doing the rest taking it OB..needless to say I end up losing the hole and finally ended up losing on the 20th hole after skull fucking one into the water.....a total fucking collapse

he ended up winning the tournament
I was pissed
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Felix wrote:17th hole is a 185 yard par 3-he dumps his shot into a greenside bunker, I hit mine to about 20 feet left of the hole....he hits a sand shot to about 2 feet, and I made my first mistake by giving him the putt....I roll the ball to about a foot and a half then proceed to non-chalant the putt to the right and MISS down 1 with one to play
What a dick. After giving him the 2 footer, he won't give you a 1.5 footer? And I gotta say, I might not be as nice and give the 2 footer before you putt. Maybe you shoulda waited and did a "good-and-good?" after you knocked yours inside his.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote:
What a dick. After giving him the 2 footer, he won't give you a 1.5 footer? And I gotta say, I might not be as nice and give the 2 footer before you putt. Maybe you shoulda waited and did a "good-and-good?" after you knocked yours inside his.
pretty much...but can't say I blame him for not giving it to me, hell, it meant the match....

in retrospect I should have had him mark it then putt it (he would have gone first)...that would have better focused me on the putt at hand...

I would have done the same exact thing had I been in his position. I don't blame him for not giving it to me, I fault myself for not recognizing the importance of the putt and ham handing it...

s'my own doing.

the beyotch of it is that not only did I cost myself prolly $500 or $600 in merchandise, but it also cost me the $900+ I would have won for owning myself in the Calcutta

that fucking blows monkey testes
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

note to self....next match with greenie---->the kick~in is not GOOD...

that sux JT.

esp when you pwned yourself.

theme for the day....sorry about your Loss

funeral for a friend of wife today. no ties--->but, was a downer for the yard mowing.