I guess they gotta blame somebody

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

I guess they gotta blame somebody

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Parents suing Little League Baseball and the bat manufacturer for some kid hitting a line drive to their son?
The family of a 14-year-old Wayne boy who suffered brain damage after he was hit in the chest with a line drive filed a lawsuit this morning against the company that made the metal bat.

The family of Steven Domalewski also is suing Little League baseball, which sanctioned the bat, and the Sports Authority, which sold it. The family and its attorney, Ernesto Fronzuto, held a press conference to discuss the lawsuit.

Steven Domalewski, who was 12 when he was struck by a line drive while pitching in the Wayne Police Athletic League, attended today's event, strapped in a wheel chair. He cannot walk or talk and only resumed drinking and eating during the winter, his parents said.

He suffered commotio cordis, a rare condition cause by bunt impact to the chest during the millisecond between heartbeats, and went into cardiac arrest. His heart stopped beating for about 15 minutes and after he was resuscitated on the field, he went into a coma and was hospitalized for eight months.
Fuckheads
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
bbqjones
indian black betty

Re: I guess they gotta blame somebody

Post by bbqjones »

i hit a kid in the head with a metal baseball bat when i was about 8. he was probably 4-5. it was quite horrific at the time, but looking back today i lmao sometimes.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Did the same thing when I was 8. Kid was 6 at the time. There was blood everywhere, but shit happens when you give a kid a baseball bat.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

I hit a kid (on my team) in the eye in little league baseball practice once. He had the biggest black eye I'd ever seen for more than a month after that. It made a prety gross *thud*, he dropped like a sack of potatoes, and I thought I'd killed him. I was probably about 10 or 11 at the time. He wasn't paying attention and ran towards the sidelines without looking, while we were practicing infield throws. I was throwing hard to first and hit him from probably only 10 feet away.

I guess nowadays, when my son does that, I'll get sued. :meds:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

My kids team wound up beating that kids pussy team 37-2. I used that accident as a reason to show my kids why we need to practice 6 times a week for at least 3 hours a day.

--Toejam
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I was running into the dugout during pregame throwing when I was 11 and got hit in the back of the head on an overthrown ball to the first baseman from our shortstop. I too. dropped like a sack of potatoes and could faintly here laughter before I dozed off. Good times although I don't recall anything before then.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i hit my kids with a bat after each practice, it toughens them up

sin,

socalboardbitch
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Who would want to manufacture sport's equipment and double that for things like baby furniture ??
We need to put an end to the "something happened to me so I'm going to hit the lottery" mentality that
permeates our lives !
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

im not going to win the lottery?

fuck you wolfman. you cant win if you dont play
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Maybe if dad had taught little steven to use his glove to stop the ball instead of his chest..

I'm sensing Chuck D may have some involvement here.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'm "sensing" that's yet another of your dumbfuck "contributions" to this forum.

Totally devoid of humor, and a complete reach as well.

Do T1B a favor and "Chuck D" yourself at the earliest opportunity.

You suck. Badly.
Ang
Jumpin' Little Juke Joint Gal

Post by Ang »

I can't imagine how sad the parents are that their kid is in the shape he is. And I guess the main idea here is the same as the topic, they gotta blame somebody.

My kid pitched in little league and early teens, and he struck a lot of batters out but he also had some line drives going at him that scared the hell out of me. I also saw him at bat with that same bat in his hands and another parent's kid on the mound and line drives going at the kid on the other team.

You can't have it just one way. There are so many ways a kid could be hurt playing baseball you can't count them...and are any of them a reason not to let the kids play? If we all ruled our lives by the chance of freak accidents, we would all never leave our houses.

Weird shit happens like a ball hitting between heartbeats. Very rare, but it does. The only reason I ever heard about this before is that when my kid and I were doing taekwando, one of my hubbie's sisters called to tell me that I was endangering our son by letting him be hit in the chest in sparring...that he could be kicked in the chest between heartbeats and die suddenly. I worried about that for almost a minute, and then we went on and did tkd for four years and it was fine. Yes, we got our asses kicked at times, and kicked many that went home and hurt, but no one died.

It's hard to judge people. One time, I saw my kid on the mound dodge one ball that could have taken his head off, and he didn't have time to put up his glove. If he would have died from that, if he didn't move his head...would I have sued someone? I think not.

Maybe they are just angry and need some friends. We should send a casserole or something.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

^^^ jesus christ, ang. your son will not die tomorrow. please exhale.
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

Why are they not suing the ball maker? After all if they made it a little softer it might not have done as much damage to their obviously soft son. While they're at it sue the actual people who made the equipment at the assembly line. That will teach them all. Hey it all got there by a trucking company sue them too while there at it. Oh yea the delivery truck was filled with fuel, fuck it go after the oil company that sold the fuel as well that got the truck there. When will this bullshit end. Fuck those people and that ambulance chaser attorney. That's why they are called accidents. Yea it sucks for you but life sometimes throws you a curveball. Maybe if your son knew how to throw one it would'nt have been hit to make him that tard that he is today.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Maybe they are just angry and need some friends.
A cassarole would be a nice offer for most but I'm thinking these people have figured out via an attorney that a whole gang of various new "friends" can be found on the face of Federal Reserve Notes.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

R-Jack wrote:
War Wagon wrote:I'm "sensing" that's yet another of your dumbfuck "contributions" to this forum.

You suck. Badly.
I don't think there was two words strung together there that made a damn bit of sense.

That whole mess of pointless dribble make me think you have been partying with AP lately. Do you like to get freaky?

When you come to, please try to explain what the hell you were attempting to say.
A-ha, see......

I usually use my Little Orphan Annie secret decoder badge to decipher Wags' posts.

Here's what we have here:
War Wagon wrote:I'm "sensing" that's yet another of your dumbfuck "contributions" to this forum.

You suck. Badly.

Little Orphan Annie doesn't lie.

Hope this helps.
War Wagon wrote:There is a God and my tomato garden is proof of that.
Ang
Jumpin' Little Juke Joint Gal

Post by Ang »

Probably should have put a few smiley faces on...

screw michigan, I know that my son won't die playing baseball...it's ok. Now, he's driving, and I think he's probably a better driver than I am, but if a steering wheel hits him between heartbeats...what's a mom to do?

Y2k, the casserole thing was a lame Lutheran joke. Just forget it.

Ana, do you have any words of your own or do you just post quotes?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

He cannot walk or talk and only resumed drinking and eating during the winter, his parents said.

Same bullshit my Chia Pet used to do.

I sued nobody.

Grow some 'nards.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Ang wrote:Ana, do you have any words of your own or do you just post quotes?
I just "browse all posts by this user" 'ed myself.

I've got words.

Good lookin' out.
War Wagon wrote:There is a God and my tomato garden is proof of that.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Ang wrote:One time, I saw my kid on the mound dodge one ball that could have taken his head off, and he didn't have time to put up his glove. If he would have died from that, if he didn't move his head...would I have sued someone? I think not.
Some parents (especially those little league loudmouth asshole parents who are just the kind to resort to suing a BAT manufacturer and a baseball league over a freak one in a million accident) just can't accept that chess or math may be closer to their kids reflex speed, and not baseball.

Fuck, the kid wasn't even playing in a LLB sanctioned event when he was hurt, it was a PAL game. Why aren't they suing the cops too?

Oh, yeah. That whole " We might need to be rescued someday" Thingy. Got it. :meds:

I don't imagine steven enrolled himself into baseball, or turned himself into a pitcher standing 45 feet from some kid swinging a bat that propels a projectile back towards him at a speed requiring at LEAST the knowledge that you need serious defensive reflexes. I'm guessing parental consent was part of the deal, no?
Maybe they are just angry and need some friends. We should send a casserole or something.
Maybe the judge needs to tell them to piss off and sue themselves for enrolling their own kid in a sport where they KNEW those bats were being used before they let their kid toss out his first 80 MPH LtsTrn2 fastball.

I still see chuck at work here, except in the legal system of course.

Let me guess. Mom goes on a crusade against the bat companies and LLB, financed by the Steven Domalewski Bleeding Heart Memorial Fund in support of the asshole Parent Crusade, masquerading as "help us pay his medical expenses".

As if the doctors won't do a shit load of pro bono work on this one, and that everyone who contributes cash won't jump on the PR$ bandwagon.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

The lawsuit sucks. So do aluminum bats.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Wolfman wrote:Who would want to manufacture sport's equipment and double that for things like baby furniture ??
We need to put an end to the "something happened to me so I'm going to hit the lottery" mentality that
permeates our lives !
The kid has BRAIN DAMAGE. Do you get that? Let me type that again so that old man yelling at cloud gets it. THE KID HAS BRAIN DAMAGE.

Yet you think they're running around thinking they just hit life's jackpot?

Ponderous.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown