Suh-weet

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Suh-weet

Post by RumpleForeskin »

The course where they play the Shell Houston Open is offering a special right now where if you pay $300, you get unlimited golf w/ cart included from July 5th - August 31st. Each round is $135 out there, so I would get my money back by just playing 3 times. I'm all for this. I just gotta convince some of my friends to get on this deal as well.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Sol
Crack Whore

Re: Suh-weet

Post by Sol »

Great $$ deal on what appears to be a pretty nice course. So why the special? Hot temps = low attendance? Should be an easy sell to your golf buddies, I'd think.

I have yet to golf this year. Sad but true. Probably won't hit well after a long hiatus, but ready to get back out there anyway.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sol wrote:Probably won't hit well after a long hiatus, but ready to get back out there anyway.

Every journey begins with a step.

Sounds like a freaking sweet deal for a primo course, Rumps.

Then again, if you like playing in the heat, check out some of te deals some of the Arizona resorts have during August.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Sol wrote:So why the special? Hot temps
If you'd ever been to Texas in July and August this wouldn't be a question

sounds like a great deal if you can stand the heat
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Got an offer from one of the big name resorts in... Tuscon, or somewhere, offering unlimited golf with cart, a meal or two, and lodging for 2 days for like $75...

Which sounds too good to be true... except youhave to book it for August. It's a few hunny to do it any other time.

Which is funny, and maybe I'm a freak, bu I don't mind playing in a blast furnace. Granted, I've never tried it in Nevada or Arizona in summer, but I've definitely suffered through some cookouts. My buddy who always accompanies me on those outings used to slurp up the cheap midday summer deals when he lived in he Sacremento area... he'll bitch like a woman about it, but the conversation turns to "$25 for that course? Let's go."

But I know plenty of people who won't go if it's over 95 out. "Dry heat" or muggy... that's their cutoff. I kinda think enduring the high heat (which I fully realize we don't have nearly as much of as more southernm locales) is part of the fun... but I'm weird that way.

Matter of fact, I might even venture out in the 90+ temps today(The U&L is the hottest place in the country on this spring weekend... don't happen very often)... FORE!
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Yeah, July and August bring some heavy heat with 90%+ humidity. Its hot.....no, no....its surface of the sun fucking hot.

However, if you get up early enough and tee off around 7:15 and can get the round in before noon, then its manageable. The only thing I don't like about this deal is that every other July, it rains the entire month. That is a little cause for concern; however, Houston has been the recipient of some out of the ordinary cool fronts in mid August past 3 years.

Fuck it. I'm going for it.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”