Leave it to the chiefs...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Nacho
Elwood

Leave it to the chiefs...

Post by Nacho »

Stupid is as stupid does...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3313868" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Kansas City Chiefs aren't calling for NFL players' scalps, but they want to stop the free-flowing of hair.

At next week's NFL owners meeting, the Chiefs are pushing for a rule change that would prevent Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu and other players with dreadlocks or long hair from covering the names on the backs of their jerseys. The rule is pretty simple: Any hair that covers that area has to be addressed.

"It doesn't mean players have to cut their hair," said Atlanta Falcons president Rick McKay, co-chairman of the league's Competition Committee. "They might have to keep it under their helmet."

The competition committee is endorsing the proposal but letting the Chiefs campaign for it. Obviously, it is going to be an unpopular proposal for the players who like to grow out their hair.

Hair is considered part of the uniform, so normally there is no penalty for grabbing the hair and tackling a player. Chiefs running back Larry Johnson, however, was penalized 15 yards for a "hair" tackle of Polamalu last season. Officials determined Johnson lifted the hair after making a sideline tackle, which was considered unsportsmanlike conduct.

What will be interesting to watch next week is how teams vote. Teams with players with long hair may vote against it. Teams that don't have players with long hair might support the proposal to cause problems on teams within their division that have players with long hair. What will also be interesting to see if how Chief players react if they wish to have long hair.

Historically, the NFL has been strict in enforcing uniform violations. A sock that is out of place or a shirt that isn't tucked in could result in substantial fines. Now, if this proposal is passed, long-haired players will have to decide whether to cut the hair or tuck it inside the helmet.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Re: Leave it to the chiefs...

Post by RevLimiter »

I have no problem with the rule change- these motherfuckers are being HIGHLY paid to be professional athletes, and they should look the part as well. Don't wanna cut your weave? Great....get a bigger fucking helmet to tuck all of that knappy bullshit up into. Otherwise if you CAN bring a player down by his elongated 'fro, that player's team should be penalized 15 yards only because that player is too fucking stupid to play by the rules. In fact, the Competition Committee should go one step further and allow the Roy Williams Horsecollar tackle ONLY if it's done by yanking down a player by his long mangy lettuce.

Anyway, I wonder if Clark Hunt will continue his father's crusade for having two extra playoff teams in each conference.... :doh:
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:Clark Hunt
Do you think he keeps Dick Curl on staff just so he doesn't have the most ridiculous sounding name in the media guide?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Normally I'd say that they should have more pressing issues to discuss than men's hair, but I find dudes with extensions so fucking annoying that I have no problem with the proposed change. The only black dude that should have dreds that long are Jamaican coke dealers in Queens.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

BSmack wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:Clark Hunt
Do you think he keeps Dick Curl on staff just so he doesn't have the most ridiculous sounding name in the media guide?
Dick Curl is a complete waste of our Earth's oxygen.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Leave it to the Chiefs?
The competition committee is endorsing the proposal but letting the Chiefs campaign for it.
Oh, ok... :meds:
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

The Kansas City Chiefs aren't calling for NFL players' scalps, but they want to stop the free-flowing of hair.
I really don't care one way or the other about long hair, I just think this is about the dumbest thing a team could waste their time with. But we are talking about the Chiefs and their well run organization...

Priorities....
Save me some of that corn for laters...
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Nacho wrote:
I really don't care one way or the other about long hair, I just think this is about the dumbest thing a team could waste their time with. But we are talking about the Chiefs and their well run organization...

Priorities....
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the ENTIRE front office of the Kansas City Chiefs organization is putting forth MAX effort to ensure that this rule gets passed, and that no attention whatsoever is being given to the upcoming draft and/or free agency. :meds:

Besides, coming from a fan of a team that's currently in negotiations to trade for the MOST ROTTEN of bad apples this league has seen in a long time, you might wanna check yourself.

"Priorities"....indeed. :doh: :lol:
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

mvscal wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the ENTIRE front office of the Kansas City Chiefs organization is putting forth MAX effort to ensure that this rule gets passed,
Yeah, I'm pretty sure about that too.
On 2nd thought, if this keeps King Carl away from the college scouting and draft meetings, that would be a good thing.
no attention whatsoever is being given to the upcoming draft and/or free agency.
I'm equally certain of that as well. The proof is in the pudding and I don't think we'll have long to wait to see how catastrophically Carl and Clar Khunt fuck this one up.

6-10
Not counting the '04 draft (which has proven to be a COMPLETE disaster except for Jared Allen), they've actually drafted pretty well the past few years:

Larry Johnson
Kawika Mitchell*
Jordan Black*
Jimmy Wilkerson*

Jared Allen
:oops:

Derrick Johnson
Dustin Colquitt
Boomer Grigsby*
Will Svitek

Tamba Hali
Bernard Pollard
Brodie Croyle
Jeff Webb
Jarrad Page

Dwayne Bowe
Turk McBride
Tank Tyler
Kolby Smith
Herb Taylor
Michael Allan

*=no longer with team, but still in the NFL

How does that compare to how the Bolts drafted in that time period, mvscal?
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

RevLimiter wrote:Besides, coming from a fan of a team that's currently in negotiations to trade for the MOST ROTTEN of bad apples this league has seen in a long time, you might wanna check yourself.

"Priorities"....indeed. :doh: :lol:
First off. It looks like Dallas is doing what it needs to to address their 3rd corner situation. Personally I think it can be addressed in the draft, but I think that P.Jones would be an upgrade for that roster spot over last year. You don't see them wasting any time or effort in addressing a silly rule on hair length. The FACT that the chiefs would spend ANY amount of time on such a stupid rule should have their fans questioning what the hell is going on.

The Chiefs front office has their heads up their collective arse, which I suppose is why so many of their fans do the same thing....

Stupid is as stupid does.....
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Nacho wrote:First off. It looks like Dallas is doing what it needs to to address their 3rd corner situation. Personally I think it can be addressed in the draft, but I think that P.Jones would be an upgrade for that roster spot over last year. You don't see them wasting any time or effort in addressing a silly rule on hair length. The FACT that the chiefs would spend ANY amount of time on such a stupid rule should have their fans questioning what the hell is going on.
I don't fucking care if MakeItRainMan is the 10th corner on your roster....clearly Jerrah fails to understand what a fucking CIRCUS that team's gonna be with SixArrestsInOneSeasonMan and T.O. in the same locker room.
The Chiefs front office has their heads up their collective arse, which I suppose is why so many of their fans do the same thing....

Stupid is as stupid does.....
Aaaaand when your argument's taking on water the likes of the Titanic, ALWAYS go to the "you're stupid" card. SHOCKING.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

RevLimiter wrote:Aaaaand when your argument's taking on water the likes of the Titanic, ALWAYS go to the "you're stupid" card. SHOCKING.
If the stupid card fits you use it. That doesn't mean it is wrong. In this case it fits rather well....

Since your argument is to deflect due to the fact the Chiefs are wasting effort on a silly rule by bringing up a club that just had the best record in the NFC and are gearing up for another run towards the crown. That are taking care of business and looking at options to address areas of need on their team.

So far TO has been a locker room cancer... NOT!

So spin away tardstain... That smell in your nose is your own shat.....
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:You have one legit all pro in Jared Allen...
Hey!

Our punter's pretty good. In fact, I'd go so far as to say he's their best offensive weapon.

Dwayne Bowe will be a solid WR one of these days too btw, so there!