So long Brett

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

So long Brett

Post by DallasFanatic »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3276034

This dude was a warrior on the field and will surely be a first ballot hall of famer. Its going to be sad to see Brett go, just because he brought so much to the game. The NFL is losing one of its biggest stars.

In going forward it looks like they are set with Aaron Rogers. Or are they? let me know whats being talked about in GB Packer fan.
Brock in Va Beach
Jake
Location: Memorial Stadium: Lincoln, NE. The nicest place you could ever go to lose.

Re: So long Brett

Post by Brock in Va Beach »

Props to the Lions for becoming the 3rd worst team in the NFC Central.
Don't run from a sniper, you'll just die tired.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

DallasFanatic wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3276034

This dude was a warrior on the field and will surely be a first ballot hall of famer. Its going to be sad to see Brett go, just because he brought so much to the game. The NFL is losing one of its biggest stars.

In going forward it looks like they are set with Aaron Rogers. Or are they? let me know whats being talked about in GB Packer fan.
Agreed.

Oh, and Brock....apparently you didn't see Aaron Rodger's act against the Cowboys this past season when Brett went down with a elbow injury. Dude nearly brought the Packers back to win the game against a VERY good Cowboy defense AT HOME. Looked to me like the guy's ready to take the reins from Brett, if that's even possible.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Football should have sucked last year with how shitty the Eagles were but watching Favre play made it one of the best seasons to watch football for me in a while.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Any coincidence that this announcement came after the Packers couldn't lure Randy Moss to Green Bay? :?

Props to Favre on a great career...didn't expect him to leave with game left in the tank.

So now what...Rodgers is the man? Do they go after a veteran to compete for the job? Do they draft another QB...better he announce this now so they have a chance to make a move or two. The Packers just need a decent game manager with an emerging back like Grant and a nice receiving corps...they can still be a playoff team in the hideous NFC. They've still got a young defense on the rise as well.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Shoalzie wrote:Any coincidence that this announcement came after the Packers couldn't lure Randy Moss to Green Bay? :?

Props to Favre on a great career...didn't expect him to leave with game left in the tank.

So now what...Rodgers is the man? Do they go after a veteran to compete for the job? Do they draft another QB...better he announce this now so they have a chance to make a move or two. The Packers just need a decent game manager with an emerging back like Grant and a nice receiving corps...they can still be a playoff team in the hideous NFC. They've still got a young defense on the rise as well.
Keep in mind Shoalz, the "hideous NFC" just won the freakin Superbowl and held serve against the AFC.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Hate to think that the Giant game was his swan song, but he had a phenomenal year at age 38.
(Chris) Mortensen reported that Favre, who wanted the Packers to obtain Randy Moss when he was a free agent last season, had once again pushed for Moss to join the Packers. Favre had spoken to Moss late last week and was willing to commit to more than just this season if Moss and the Packers could come to an agreement. But the Packers did not pursue Moss, who re-signed with the Patriots on Monday.
I’m good with the Packers not pursuing Moss and I’m good with Favre retiring now. I’m not convinced that he could have had another great season next year, and it’s probably time to give Rodgers his shot. Fucker’s been a tad brittle so far. And there’s no free agent QBs out there worth a shit.

But the Packers have a good young team with some depth. They should still own the Central.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

God and GOD broke the mold when they created Brett motherfucking Farve. We'll not see another like him anytime soon.

RACK this certain 1st ballot HoF'er for a fantastic career.

ALL football fans should be grateful they got to see this guy in his prime and will be telling their grandchildren about what they witnessed.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Goober McTuber wrote: I’m good with the Packers not pursuing Moss and I’m good with Favre retiring now. I’m not convinced that he could have had another great season next year, and it’s probably time to give Rodgers his shot. Fucker’s been a tad brittle so far. And there’s no free agent QBs out there worth a shit.
Agreed and agreed.

I'd hate to see him go out like Aikman or Young (granted, Favre isn't a mushmelon), where they basically needed to be slapped and told that it's over.
Paul wrote:Oh, and Brock....apparently you didn't see Aaron Rodger's act against the Cowboys this past season when Brett went down with a elbow injury. Dude nearly brought the Packers back to win the game against a VERY good Cowboy defense AT HOME.
Uh, the Cowboys "D" was ranked 18th out of 32 teams last year, or in other words, were very average. Yeah, they had a few solid individual games, but they also got worked like a 10 y/o boy's caboose in the Scoutmaster's tent in several games last year.

Maybe they should just put Roy Williams up on the line of scrimmage, since he plays run first on every fucking play. That way, when he bites again on the play action fake, at least he might be in position to rush the passer. :roll:

I didn't mind seeing the Cowboys play last year, as they were generally pretty fun to watch, but if I ever have to watch one more Houston Texan or Tennessee Titan game, I'm going to go beat the shit out of a random homeless guy and kill a hooker just to feel better.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

What a fun ride over the past 17 seasons. It is going to be so strange seeing somebody else under center at the start of a Packer game. I was 10 years old the last time that happened. I'll let the media do all the gushing about #4, but it sucks when your childhood hero hangs it up. Thankfully, living in Green Bay has allowed me to see him play in person 30+ times and it truly was something special to see
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

DallasFanatic wrote:Keep in mind Shoalz, the "hideous NFC" just won the freakin Superbowl and held serve against the AFC.

I'm just saying that there aren't as many powerhouse teams in the NFC and if you can win 9 games, you probably can still make the playoffs.

The Vikings will probably become the contender in the North but I think the Packers are just as good or better than the Bears and Lions without Favre. The East is the clearly the best division in the NFC...very capable of putting three teams into the playoffs. The West is pretty much Seattle (for now) and the South, you have an old Tampa Bay team, New Orleans with an average defense, Carolina seems to be stuck in neutral and Atlanta is a mess. At best you have 6 or 7 teams that are "playoff worthy". Green Bay can still be a playoff team considering the lack of quality teams in the NFC.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Rack Favre, but unwar all the Favre dickslurping we'll all be subjected to in the coming weeks.

OCmike wrote:
Uh, the Cowboys "D" was ranked 18th out of 32 teams last year, or in other words, were very average.

Uh, Care to link up those stats.

NFL seems to disagree with you.

I'd say 9th ranked is a little better than average.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Headhunter wrote:Rack Favre, but unwar all the Favre dickslurping we'll all be subjected to in the coming weeks.

OCmike wrote:
Uh, the Cowboys "D" was ranked 18th out of 32 teams last year, or in other words, were very average.

Uh, Care to link up those stats.

NFL seems to disagree with you.

I'd say 9th ranked is a little better than average.

Don't pay much mind to OCMike.... he still thinks Oakland is on the Peninsula. This is what happens to "outsiders" to Bay Area (OCMike). He grew up a couple of hours away from the bay area. It really shows when he refers to NorCal as NoCal.

Back to the point...

Aaron Rodgers has statistically out played Brett Favre for the last 3 years in the pre-season. You could have a Joe Montana in his prime, and he'd be sitting on the bench behind Favre in delusional Packerland.

All we can do is look at how well he's played against "top" competition.

When he played the best College Football team in the last decade (2004 LA Trojans) he went 29/34 for 267 yards.

In his only chance to show what he can do... this is how he looked matched up against Favre.

Favre went 5/14 for 56 yards and 0 TD's with 2 INT's.

Rodgers against the same competition without being warmed up and not thinking he would play...

...went 18/26 for 201 yards and 2 TD's with 0 INT's.

With the talent the Packers had last year... Rodgers would've had the Pack in the Super Bowl.

Last edited by .m2 on Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Brock in Va Beach
Jake
Location: Memorial Stadium: Lincoln, NE. The nicest place you could ever go to lose.

Tell me you didn't try to explain that Rodgers is getting the Packers to the Super Bowl based on how he played USC in 2004?

Fuckin lame, bro.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

.m2 wrote:Aaron Rodgers has statistically out played Brett Favre for the last 3 years in the pre-season.

:lol:
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Brock in Va Beach wrote:Tell me you didn't try to explain that Rodgers is getting the Packers to the Super Bowl based on how he played USC in 2004?

Fuckin lame, bro.
Obviously, you're not smart enough to read all the words in the post. Go see if someone can spell the whole post for ya. Then get back to be with your utter brilliance.
Brock in Va Beach
Jake

HAHAHAHAHA
He's going to be great because he did well in one game and Favre didn't. Oh, and he played good against USC one time 4 years ago. Back to the notepad for you, dipshit.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

.m2 wrote: Obviously, you're not smart enough to read all the words in the post. Go see if someone can spell the whole post for ya. Then get back to be with your utter brilliance.
Who let mtool back in here?

Not that there's anytthing wrong with that. It's always a pleasure watching the self-asskickings.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Brock in Va Beach wrote:HAHAHAHAHA
He's going to be great because he did well in one game and Favre didn't.
Look "Shit for brains"... may I call you "Shit for brains"?

The only chance Aaron Rodgers has had to play was in the pre-season!

Where he's out played the redneck.

Brock in Va Beach wrote:Oh, and he played good against USC one time 4 years ago. Back to the notepad for you, dipshit.
Since you're not too bright... I'll help you out here.

The year before (2003)... he gave the LA Trojans their only loss on the way to a MNC.

Put your thumb back in your ass. The keyboard works better that way.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Shoalzie wrote:
.m2 wrote:Aaron Rodgers has statistically out played Brett Favre for the last 3 years in the pre-season.

:lol:
:lol: x2
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

.m2 wrote:
Brock in Va Beach wrote:HAHAHAHAHA
He's going to be great because he did well in one game and Favre didn't.
Look "Shit for brains"... may I call you "Shit for brains"?

The only chance Aaron Rodgers has had to play was in the pre-season!

Where he's out played the redneck.

Brock in Va Beach wrote:Oh, and he played good against USC one time 4 years ago. Back to the notepad for you, dipshit.
Since you're not too bright... I'll help you out here.

The year before (2003)... he gave the LA Trojans their only loss on the way to a MNC.

Put your thumb back in your ass. The keyboard works better that way.
Seriously, go the fuck back where you came from m2ool.....bullshit like that is why you got run from here in the 1st place. Rodgers OUTPLAYED Favre in the preseason????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Yeah, because that MATTERS so much, right genius???? What a fucking idiot....BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol:
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

War Wagon wrote:
Not that there's anytthing wrong with that. It's always a pleasure watching the self-asskickings.
It must be the water.

It shouldn't be long before your sidekick "Down syndrome Paul" gets here with his worthless posts.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

War Wagon wrote:God and GOD broke the mold when they created Brett motherfucking Farve. We'll not see another like him anytime soon.

ALL football fans should be grateful they got to see this guy in his prime and will be telling their grandchildren about what they witnessed.

every bit of this post gets a rack from me.

btw, i have 4 favre jerseys. two are for sale.

tell em to open tpb tonight, its going to be sad and glorious and love it long time all the whilst.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

bbqjones wrote:btw, i have 4 favre jerseys. two are for sale.
So they only come in sizes midget and dwarf?

Do they have Natty Light throw up on them?

tia
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

bbqjones wrote:
War Wagon wrote:God and GOD broke the mold when they created Brett motherfucking Farve. We'll not see another like him anytime soon.

every bit of this post gets a rack from me.
Me too....it was a priviledge to watch this guy play his ASS off every time he went on the field. You could just tell he almost always had fun playing the game, and that seems to be missing a lot in the pros these days.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Huh? Zimmerman wasn't exactly throwing rose petals. Wtf are you talking about?
Rack Favre, but unwar all the Favre dickslurping we'll all be subjected to in the coming weeks.
Favre deserves every last slurp. The guy was a pleasure to watch. Not only that, but he helped me win the 2004 JFFL title.

WAR Brett Favre making Green Bay a relevant NFL franchise again after they had sucked for a generation following Lombardi.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

With a Howletzer for an arm (has thrown the ball 70 yards on one knee) and laser pinpoint accuracy... the future looks bright for the delusional Packer fans.

Oh yeah, the guy also comes with a set of wheels.

Aaron Rodgers

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d804a7f0d

I love the look on Favre's face after AR's first TD pass. The "I've got to get fuckin' well fast look" or I'll lose my job.

He'll be even better in his 2nd NFL game. That's just how he rolls.
Brock in Va Beach
Jake

.m2 wrote:With a Howletzer for an arm (has thrown the ball 70 yards on one knee) and laser pinpoint accuracy... the future looks bright for the delusional Packer fans.

Oh yeah, the guy also comes with a set of wheels.

Aaron Rodgers

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d804a7f0d

I love the look on Favre's face after AR's first TD pass. The "I've got to get fuckin' well fast look" or I'll lose my job.

He'll be even better in his 2nd NFL game. That's just how he rolls.
Yeah, I mean, look at what he did against a college football team 4 years ago.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

2ool's arguments are pretty weak -- pre-season, half of ONE reg. season game, a college game 4 yrs ago, etc., but it's pretty much all he has.

But let's not forget that before opting for a more lucative and rewarding career as birdhouse-builder/ren faire gypsy, m200l was, coming out of H.S., heavily recruited by division one schools as a bloody-nosed running back bruiser.

So perhaps he has a 'feel' for the game that nobody else in here has?

I'm just throwing it out there.
Don't shoot the messenger.
Y'all can chew on it, or not.

Rogers may end up being a terrific QB, and maybe he 'should' have seen the field sooner.
I dunno.
Other REALLY outstanding NFLers had to wait .... and stew a bit.

Steve Young is the classic case.
Waited behind legend J. Montana for, what, 5 yrs?
Then he saw the field and played his ASS off.

Roger Staubach waited 2 yrs behind C. Morton before he could become .... Roger Staubach.
Ken Stabler waited 3 yrs behind D. Lamonica before he could show his greatness.
Matt Hasslebeck had to wait behind B. Favre for 2 yrs, and then moved to Seattle where he has become a good one.
Rich Gannon waited behind seemingly everyone, before Gruden handed him the ball and told him he was THE guy.

So it's happened.

Maybe 200l is on to something the rest of us aren't on to.

Or .... maybe he's fucking high.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

War Wagon wrote:Huh? Zimmerman wasn't exactly throwing rose petals. Wtf are you talking about?
Kind of my point. Dropping a "meh, he could been better, he's no Bart Starr" article within hours of Favre's announcement reeks of "look at me, I'm a washed up tard"
Whitey wrote:
HH wrote:Rack Favre, but unwar all the Favre dickslurping we'll all be subjected to in the coming weeks.
Favre deserves every last slurp. The guy was a pleasure to watch. Not only that, but he helped me win the 2004 JFFL title.
It's gonna get bad. Weeks on end of endless tributes. I'm not saying Favre doesn't deserve accolades. I just know the media blitz is going to become overbearing, repetitive, and predictable.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:Maybe 200l is on to something the rest of us aren't on to.

Or .... maybe he's fucking high.
He's fucking high to predict greatness based on Aaron Rodgers' VERY limited resume. At best he's a huge question mark until we see him play more than 2 consecutive starts.

One thing you can say for sure about Rodgers, his learning curve had better be fucking quick. He's had two years to season and he's got a solid offense that he's being given the keys to. If he doesn't get the job done, look for Cheeseheads to run his ass out of town on a rail.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I’d like to see Rodgers make it through one entire regular season game without going on IR. I hope m2 is right for once in his pathetic excuse for a life.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

And Zimmerman’s a fucking hack. I’d still rate Starr ahead of Favre just on the basis of 5 motherfucking rings, but even if you buy what Dr. Z is selling, that’s as much on his coaches as it is on Favre.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I’d still rate Starr ahead of Favre just on the basis of 5 motherfucking rings,
I wouldn't. Starr couldn't hold Favre's jock. No quarterback has won more games, thrown more touchdowns, thrown for more yardage or started more consecutive games than Favre.

Starr simply had the good fortune of being on a much better team.
It's only my opinion, but I say Favre would have blown at least one of those five championship runs, and I really like the guy. And Starr probably would have beaten Denver in 1998. Different era, different styles of play, and yes Starr had an outstanding team around him. But dude knew how to win big games by not making mistakes. 294 consecutive passes without an INT.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Brett's press conference today damn near made me cry....that guy will be SORELY missed by NFL fans everywhere. Toughest son of a bitch to ever play that position.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Don't be a dick mvscal....for once in your life. Is that too much to ask? :meds:
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Headhunter wrote:
It's gonna get bad.
it already is....endless reruns of old Packer games on the NFL network....ESPN and Fox Sports continually running clips of Favre's press conference (the first part wherein he starts misting up is a particular favorite)...

look, the guy was a great quarterback and all but.........
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:Don't be a dick mvscal....for once in your life. Is that too much to ask? :meds:
............yes.

:paul: :paul: :paul:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheer up Paul. I'm sure there's a BIG market for your used XXXXXL Favre jersey. Just make sure you clean off the KFC and gack stains before you sell it.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

down syndrome Paul wrote:Brett's press conference today damn near made me cry....
Most "special" people get a little emotional over minor things in life that most adults don't give a crap about.

I've yet to run across a single adult... who cried over the retirement of a football player.

down syndrome Paul wrote:that guy will be SORELY missed by NFL fans everywhere.
No he won't.

Why is anyone other than delusional Packer fans going to miss some selfish prick that only stayed on past his prime so he could get some records?

He got his records... then retired. It's that simple.

Maybe now Packer fans can have a quarterback that's smart enough to know when to throw the ball (300 interceptions) and when not to!

Favre's not a bright guy.

Wonderlic... 22

http://www.macmirabile.com/Wonderlic/Wonderlic.htm