AHL All Star Game PET

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

AHL All Star Game PET

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Went to the game last night ...

Planet USA in White, Canadian All Stars in Red ...

Started off quick, first goal was under 2 minutes into the game ...

Someones out of position, can the Canuk convert, eh?

Beauty, eh?

8 to 8 after 3 periods, Canadians win in a shootout, our local hero scores the first SO goal for Team Canada, place went crazy ...

Overall, not the most entertaining game to watch, but many highlights. The goalies in particular were fun to watch. These guys were skating out to nearly the blue line on occasion to stop breakaways and made some great stops. Glad we had the chance to host this event and it was very well received by thise who came. Talked to the contingent form Worster, MA (who host next year) and they were pleasantly surprised by our little town and how well things ran.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: AHL All Star Game PET

Post by Shoalzie »

Thanks for sharing the pics...I wish that was on TV last night. There was absolutely nothing worth watching considering that Dubya was on 30 different channels.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Shoalzie wrote:Thanks for sharing the pics...I wish that was on TV last night. There was absolutely nothing worth watching considering that Dubya was on 30 different channels.

it was on fox sports midwest.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Monarch Ted Purcell (undrafted free agent pickup) had a hat trick and a nice SO goal. The reserve list the Kings have currently is the best in their 41 year history.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Cross Traffic wrote:Monarch Ted Purcell (undrafted free agent pickup) had a hat trick and a nice SO goal. The reserve list the Kings have currently is the best in their 41 year history.

that might get you a playoff spot some time in 2010
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Adelpiero wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:Thanks for sharing the pics...I wish that was on TV last night. There was absolutely nothing worth watching considering that Dubya was on 30 different channels.

it was on fox sports midwest.

Center Ice didn't show it though...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Adelpiero wrote:
Cross Traffic wrote:Monarch Ted Purcell (undrafted free agent pickup) had a hat trick and a nice SO goal. The reserve list the Kings have currently is the best in their 41 year history.

that might get you a playoff spot some time in 2010

You take a look at how bad the Capitals were while Ovechkin was the only player on that team. Now they get contributions out of some of their young talent like Backstrom and Green. Maybe the Kings are next in line with their young talent on the team now and in the minors. The Caps also made a coaching change and that has made a great difference for them as well...Lombardi oughta look into that.