I dont know whats funnier.......

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

I dont know whats funnier.......

Post by Raydah James »

Watching the QB that AJ Smith traded for Phyllis on the cusp of a title, or watching Farve's popgun arm nearly fall off trying to sling a 15 yard out of a shit throw only to have it picked.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and before San Diego Sparkle tard chimes in-riddle me this: Who was the last team to rep the AFC West in the Super Bowl again? Who has the most division titles this decade with 3 straight again?

...and now, you best hide your women and children-because JaMarcus and Darren McFadden are going to be ushering in another era of raping and pillaging, bitches.

:lol:

EDIT: Oh shit-you can put peeps on ignore now? Epic. Fucking Epic.
KC Scott

Re: I dont know whats funnier.......

Post by KC Scott »

Raydah James wrote: and Darren McFadden are going to be ushering in another era
You'll be getting Howie's kid.

Alcula out front should have told ya..........
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

KC Scott wrote:
Raydah James wrote: and Darren McFadden are going to be ushering in another era
You'll be getting Howie's kid.

Alcula out front should have told ya..........

I honestly wouldnt mind that scenario, although we have a bigger need for Jake Long rather than Chris. Free agent LT's are nil on the market, and Sims is a pile of shit that should've been replaced years ago. The Gallery debacle out front says that Alcula wont be floating that selection over to the commish, though. Chris Long has a motor that never stops and reminds me of a Kyle Vandenbosch type of player, and it would give us immediate help in a spot where its deperately needed. Dorsey is a flat out badass that we'll definitely draft if he is there-and he will make a huge impact to whoever is lucky enough to snag him. His knee problems concern me, though.

McFadden is a freak-he can line up at WR due to his great hands, and is a proven 25-30 carry per game studhorse who has that decieving long stride that eerily reminds me of Marcus Allen.....and The Count loves his 4.4 40 guys, and DMac is surely that. Oh, and he can sling it too-and threw for a few touchdowns during percieved "sweep" plays inside the 20.

Lining him up with Bush would give us the nice 1-2 punch reminiscent of Wheatley/Kauffman.....with the ability to catch out of the backfield.

Our second round selection should be WR Hardy from IU-he's 6-7, 220, has incredibly soft hands, runs the 40 a hair faster than 4.4, and has a strong work ethic and nice 'tude that draw comparisons to Calvin Johnson.

As for the defense, Kiff has already said that we'll be very aggressive in it since were nearly 30 million under the cap. Should be an interesting offseason.
Last edited by Raydah James on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Where the FUCK have you been, Lames?
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

RevLimiter wrote:Where the FUCK have you been, Lames?
Having a life.

Crazy, I know, that i'd rather be traveling, partying, and enjoying life in general rather than pointlessly arguing with a bunch of creaky old ass dumbfucks on a BB.

I'll roll in every now and then, but as a whole-fuck this place.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Come on Jimmy, isn’t it time to post your quarterly “You all suck monkey gack – it’s time to make me laugh” thread in the main forum?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Raydah James wrote: Crazy, I know, that i'd rather be traveling, partying, and enjoying life in general rather than pointlessly arguing with a bunch of creaky old ass dumbfucks on a BB.
Yeah, that is crazy.

Good to see your cock garage of an ass around once in awhile, homeboy.

And as always, fuck the Raiders.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Raydah James wrote:I don’t know wats funnier…Watching the QB that AJ Smith traded for Phyllis on the cusp of a title, or watching Farve's popgun arm nearly fall off trying to sling a 15 yard out of a shit throw only to have it picked.
Watching Favre throw the game losing interception was funnier!
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I'm really glad to see my favorite punk ass snow boarder in here.

:)
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Oakland's draft strategy (IF they depart from the typical go with the speedy DB or fat, drunk kicker/rapist) depends on what happens with free agents J. Fargas, J. Porter and T. Kelly.

D-Line is the most glaring weakness on the team.
Sapp is gone, and if T. Kelly isn't re-signed it gets just that much weaker.
They DESPERATELY need to get some able bodies on the D-Line.

I believe Kiffin thinks he can 'plug in' a reasonable back and make the running game work due to the much improved blocking system now in place.
Fargas, Bush, maybe Rhodes ..... may be 'suitable' as the RB group ..... for now.

They're gonna get a big-time receiving threat for JaDummy somehow this off-season.
That's how Al rolls.
B. Berrian, C. Johnson??
I hear R. Moss is a free agent. bwaa ....

At this point I gotta believe they'll either draft either Dorsey or Son of Howie.

Can't say I'd be displeased with either.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

poptart wrote:At this point I gotta believe they'll either draft either Dorsey or Son of Howie.

NO WAY IN HELL Bill Parcells passes up on Glenn Dorsey with Miami's 1st pick in this draft.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

poptart wrote:Oakland's draft strategy depends on what happens with free agents J. Fargas, J. Porter and T. Kelly.
No, it doesnt.

Fargas is a nice backup, but, like you said, the zone blocking system proved that you can plug ANY RB into it and have them be succesfull. Jordan led the league in rush yards the first 4 games until he got hurt.....enter Fargas, who surpassed 1000 yards and got hurt with 2 games left.....enter Rhodes who amassed over 230 yards in the last 2 games.

Sorry, but the health of Micheal Bush and how Kiff feels about him succeeding in the scheme will determine how we'll draft more than anything. Kiff even came out and said on Sirius satellite radio that if McFadden was there, we'd take him. He thinks very highly of DMac and Jake Long and has said as much.

Personally, I think we MUST take Jake Long if he is available....there are NO, I repeat, NO left tackles on the market. They are hard as HELL to snag up, and most teams have to usually resort to the draft and pray it turns out well for them.

We are no exception..........and Barry Sims must go immediately.

Here is a little tidbit about J. Long, in case you havent heard of him:

"I can remember in camp, running the Michigan mile and he's up front with the linebackers and running backs and wide receivers. He's a flat athlete," U-M defensive tackle Terrance Taylor said. "He's embarrassing (to the other linemen). On gassers, he's always the first lineman down and back. He's over 300 pounds, he weighs so much and is so big yet when we run the golf course he's in the top five finishing. He's beating Mike Hart and Mario Manningham, he beats these guys in the mile."

When he did 47 reps at 225 (pounds) before the 2006 season," Kraus said, recalling the roar that leapt from the weight room that day. "Everybody got pretty pumped up. How often is that done? The record at the (NFL) combine is 45. That just shows you what he can do."

"Long allowed only one sack this year, against Ohio State. He has incredible technique for a 6-foot-7, 315-pounder. And Long set an impressive standard each time Michigan ran a play, not committing a penalty all season."

Nice, huh?

We desperately need a quality Left Tackle to protect JRuss's blindside. A QB with an arm and given time to throw means we are in every game......and not having an LT that is good for 3-4 penalties and 2-3 sacks a game would be a nice change for us. Replace Sims with Jake and we'll rack up 2000 yards rushing each year for the next decade.

D-Line is the most glaring weakness on the team.
Sapp is gone, and if T. Kelly isn't re-signed it gets just that much weaker.
They DESPERATELY need to get some able bodies on the D-Line.

True-but we can address this issue properly through free agency (and Kiff has already said we'd be very aggressive), like a Justin Smith or a Corey Williams, and we'd be fine. I'd even package our 4th, 5th, and Fabian Washington to move back up into the draft and get that beast Vernon Gholston to compliment Burgess on the other side. We could just plug Routt into Fabs old spot, since he did a very good job subbing in for him last season.

They're gonna get a big-time receiving threat for JaDummy somehow this off-season.
That's how Al rolls.
B. Berrian, C. Johnson??
I hear R. Moss is a free agent. bwaa ....
JaDummy? What exactly has led you to that conclusion of him-especially after Kiff said that he learned a ton of the playbook at an incredibly fast rate........and didnt lose his cool, get frustrated, or get happy feet when the Jags were fucking destroying him all game long due to our shit O-line.....

Unless you have a good explanation for that, i'm going to have to tell you to go fuck yourself sideways for talking shit on our franchise QB.

As far as WR, Bryant Johnson from the Cardinals would make a very nice addition and has suffered from playing behind 2 great wideouts in Boldin and Fitz. The other cat on my wishlist is Hardy from IU-who is an absolute beast yet will suffer draftwise from going to a shit school with a shit QB throwing to him. Another possibility is trading our 2nd to Cincy for Chad Johnson.
At this point I gotta believe they'll either draft either Dorsey or Son of Howie.

Dorsey im fine with, but the Rams will be snagging him, and Chris sure as hell doesnt deserve to be picked as high as the #3 or #4 spot. That is reserved for an impact player like DMac, Jake, or Dorsey.

We also need a hard hitting safety, since its well known that Huff will be moving into Swags spot.

Like I said, the upcoming season is going to be interesting.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

RevLimiter wrote: NO WAY IN HELL Bill Parcells passes up on Glenn Dorsey with Miami's 1st pick in this draft.
Hey dumbfuck-1 of 2 things is going to happen on Draft day in Fishland: Parcells will take either take Matt Ryan, who is the best QB prospect coming out, since Lemon sucks as well as Beck (the reports on Beck all say the same thing: That he's light years away from being a legit starter) or he will trade that pick to Dallas (he has a great relationship with Jones) and they'll snag DMac while Parcells gets the many extra draft picks needed to rebuild that shit team-and Dallas gets an excellent replacement for Julius Jones, who is a Free Agent.

Dorsey will not be the top pick in this draft.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I definitely understand your point about LT.
I just look at our D-Line, however, and see it in COMPLETE shambles.
I think it's priority #1.
Perhaps the Raiders can make good in free agency for the D-line, as you said.
We'll see.

Not to piss on your fire or anything, but what you cited regarding J. Long might all have been written about another can't miss Big Ten LT just a few short years ago.
Yeah, we know how that went.
But like you, I'm not a fan of B. Sims, and will prolly party like it's 1999 the day he is no longer in Raider gear.

I'm not down on JaMarcus, but I'm not really UP with him either.
Why should I be?
Based on .... potential?

He sat out all of rookie training camp ... and ended up getting not much out of it financially than if he had been where he NEEDED to be, in camp.
That didn't signal brilliance.
Our QBing blew coconut-sized mastadon nuts this year, and yet Russell couldn't get up to speed on the BIG-TIME DUMBED-DOWN playbook until the season was nearly ..... over.
When he saw the field it looked as if the playbook contained about 4 plays .... 3 of them hand-offs off tackle.
Top that off with the fact that every time he opens his mouth he sounds like ghetto gump or something.

So I'm not UP with him until he makes it happen on the field for us.
I hope he can do it.

There's a lot riding on him.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

poptart wrote: He sat out all of rookie training camp ... and ended up getting not much out of it financially than if he had been where he NEEDED to be, in camp.
That didn't signal brilliance.
Our QBing blew coconut-sized mastadon nuts this year, and yet Russell couldn't get up to speed on the BIG-TIME DUMBED-DOWN playbook until the season was nearly ..... over.
When he saw the field it looked as if the playbook contained about 4 plays .... 3 of them hand-offs off tackle.
Top that off with the fact that every time he opens his mouth he sounds like ghetto gump or something.
So basically, you're fucking railing him for nothing.

Sorry, but I didnt expect him to come out in his rookie year and tear shit up for us, and if you did, then you're smoking some good Thai shit that you need to pass over here. The holdout ended up blessing in disguise, because McClown and Pep ended up taking the bulk of our QB beatdowns last year from our improved shit O-line. When he finally got his first start against the Chargers, he did pretty damn well and nearly pulled out a game for us that the Bolts needed to win badly to secure the third seed.

And why the pissing and moaning about the handoffs? The running game is our bread and butter and was proven game after game to work well for us and notch us a few victories-not to mention that EVERY QB in the NFL needs a good running game to open shit up for them.......especially a green rookie who's just getting his feet wet in the L.

But hey, lets knock his ass some more since he doesnt speak as well as Kerry Collins, McClown, Jeff George, Schroeder or Marinovich......after all, the QB position is one where you must talk like a Utah whitebread cracker to be successful. Sorry, this isnt the fucking debate team we're talking about-its football, and have you heard Big Ben, Rivers, Vince Young, Eli, Farve, or Leftwich speak?

Rhodes Scholars, all of them.

:meds:

So I'm not UP with him until he makes it happen on the field for us.
I hope he can do it.

There's a lot riding on him.
You know, I Tivo'd every Raider game I could last year-and about midway through the 3rd quarter of our kids' first start, something fucking awesome happened: JRuss's light went on. From that quarter on he was scanning the entire field, checking down on ALL his recievers, and hitting Miller, our RB's, and Porter very effeciently for the rest of that game.

The play that virtually sealed that Chargette W? The one where Sims let his guy blow by him and destroy Jruss from behind, causing Russell to fumble and the ball to roll into the endzone, where Sims had ANOTHER chance to kknock it out of bounds but instead did nothing and watched as an AD defender fell on it for a TD.

JRuss is going to turn alot of heads next year-Bank on it.
Last edited by Raydah James on Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Just cutting through all the details of the situation, my bottom line grade for Russell's rookie year is a D.
Could be lower, actually.
He didn't win any games for us, did he?

If he had been in camp he might have started 6-8 games for the team this year.
He would have been heading into next year with those games under his belt.

As it is he is a rookie next year, basically.

I don't believe he will light anything up next year.
He's gonna make mistakes and he's gonna have to learn.

I can live with that happening if it appears that he's gonna end up being a big-time QB for us.
I have that hope.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Why in the fuck would you have wanted him to start 6-8 games for us this season? Did you SEE the fucking injury reports from our starting QB's throughout the year?

Starting him would've accomplished nothing in a season where Kiff was admittedly sifting through the garbage to see what was salvageable and what we needed to address through FA and the Draft.

The rest of your post is utter bullshit. Grab a beer, relax, and get ready for a fun upcoming season for the Silver and Black....its gonna be a wild one-that much is evident.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Very entertaining to watch RaiderFans give each other breathless reacharounds in anticipation of yet another 4-12 season.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Gee Goobs, God forbid that a couple of fans of a given football team actually discuss issues relating to said team within this forum....the want- check that, THE NEED to ankle-bite upon them without grounds to do so must absolutely FROST the dingleberries on your ass. :lol:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Thoroughly heartwarming to see KFC Paul spreading his bingo-wings in an effort to shield pops and Jimmy. :lol:

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Raydah James wrote: and they'll snag DMac while Parcells gets the many extra draft picks needed to rebuild that shit team-and Dallas gets an excellent replacement for Julius Jones, who is a Free Agent.

Dorsey will not be the top pick in this draft.

Dallas will give up draft picks to move up so they can draft a back-up for Marion Barber? Uhm.. sure. :? Or do you see Dallas letting them both walk? Barber is a RFA, which means a 1st and a 3rd as compensation if they offer the highest tender (they will... and more) and he signs elsewhere (he won't)...

Welcome back, don't bogart that doobage....
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Raydah James wrote:The Count loves his 4.4 40 guys, and DMac is surely that. Oh, and he can sling it too-and threw for a few touchdowns during percieved "sweep" plays inside the 20.

Oh, I'm sure Al will love him -- doesn't show up ready to play every week, but rather only when he feels like it...

Mad mad game, horrible attitude...

And can't keep himself off the police blotter, even when there's millions and millions of dollars at stake...

McFadden is Al Davis material, all the way.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

If Dallas packages their 1st rounders to move up, it sure as hell isn't going to be to draft a running back. Dallas is in great cap shape, and they've got a 3rd stringer, Tyson Thompson, with a very similar style to Julius Jones. Barber gets locked up long term well before the draft, Jones is made a very solid offer but probably gets a better offer somewhere else and walks, Barber moves to 1st on the depth chart and Thompson at 2nd, Dallas goes DB in the first round. Mark it down.

Jacques Reeves did a nice job in the early part of the year with T.Newman out, but he's not the long term answer. I think Dallas goes heavy on DB this year taking a few.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Pretty much every scouting report to date has the top 5 as

Dorsey
McFadden
J Long
C Long
Ryan

The Draft is

Miami
St. Louis
Oak or ATL
OAK KC or ATL
KC or ATL

1. Parcells knows teams are built in the middle - I'd say 80% + he takes Dorsey
2. The Rams saw first hand what happens with No O-Line / No Pace - 90% they grab Long
3. If It's Atlanta here they grab Ryan or trade down for team wanting McFadden- have to go QB / if it's Oak I think they get Howie's kid.
4. Same scenario as 3 - unless it's the Chefs who will reach and grab Clady from Boise St. 8 picks too early :brad:
5. Same as 3, 4 or 5
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

KC Scott wrote:Pretty much every scouting report to date has the top 5 as

Dorsey
McFadden
J Long
C Long
Ryan

No, they dont. There are many mockups with Sedrick Ellis and/or Kenny Phillips ranked in the top 5 as well.

The most pressing need for the Phins is QB-they are an absolute disaster in that position, and Lemon isnt suited to be a backup, let alone a starter. Parcells drafting Ryan (much like he did with Bledsoe) wouldnt shock me in the least. For a team that has numerous needs all over the map, the most important one is QB.

1. Parcells knows teams are built in the middle - I'd say 80% + he takes Dorsey
2. The Rams saw first hand what happens with No O-Line / No Pace - 90% they grab Long
3. If It's Atlanta here they grab Ryan or trade down for team wanting McFadden- have to go QB / if it's Oak I think they get Howie's kid.
4. Same scenario as 3 - unless it's the Chefs who will reach and grab Clady from Boise St. 8 picks too early :brad:
5. Same as 3, 4 or 5
I dont know where everyone is getting this "Chris Long will be a Raider because his dad was" bullshit from-especially since its widely known that Al's and Long's relationship can be described, at best, as "lukewarm". Long has loyalty to the org, but Al and Kiff arent going to fucking reach with our pick (which is exactly what it would be) to grab his kid because of his last name.

Dont know what part of our head coach being on Sirius satellite radio and saying that Jake Long and DMac are #1 and #2 on our board that you peeps are having trouble comprehending-but if we end up at #3, one of those 2 WILL be a Raider. EOS.

Again, personally, I'd love to see Jake Long in the Silver and Black. He'd make a tremendous impact immediately and beat sims out the second he steps foot in the facility. I'd then like to see a package of our 4th & 5th plus Fabian Wasington (who is good but highly expendable with the emergence of Routt) to try and move back up and snag Vernon Gholston. Our 2nd would be spent on Hardy, who is a freak.

IMO, this draft is much to RB rich to waste and early pick on a guy like DMac, when we could find exceptional value in that position in the later rounds.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:1. Parcells knows teams are built in the middle - I'd say 80% + he takes Dorsey

What's funny, is last year, All Day was BY FAR the best player in the draft... BY FAR. But he slipped to #7 because he couldn't stay healthy through his college career. While Dorsey was the anti-Tomlinson and sacked up, the dude limped all over the field for the last season, and sat out a bunch of plays.

Strange the trepidation about drafting injured players is going out the window this year.

The mock drafts I've seen are all over the map. But they usually are. But if the Jets score yet another frachise-caliber offensive lineman (some projections have them getting Jake Long at 6), watch the fuck out.

I've also seen McFadden projected at 5 to KC... because they seem to really dig RBs with shitty attitudes... it's apparently a tradition there.

Raydah James wrote:IMO, this draft is much to RB rich to waste and early pick on a guy like DMac, when we could find exceptional value in that position in the later rounds.

???

You must have followed a much different college season from me.

There's 2-3 legitimate NFL caliber bruisers, and a whole boatload of guys who are going to return kicks for the duration of their 4 year career.

The problem is, that most of the "big name" guys just aren't very big, and size seems to be coveted when NFL GMs are picking RBs.

There's McFadden, Stewart, and Mendenhall. After that, there's a pretty serious dropoff. Although it should go without saying that in every draft, there's always plenty of diamonds-in-the-rough who will excel without all of the hype coming out of college. But there's pretty much 3 "can't miss" NFL RBs, and all will probably go in the first round. (And yes, "can't miss" prospects certainly can miss... big.)
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:There's McFadden, Stewart, and Mendenhall. After that, there's a pretty serious dropoff. Although it should go without saying that in every draft, there's always plenty of diamonds-in-the-rough who will excel without all of the hype coming out of college. But there's pretty much 3 "can't miss" NFL RBs, and all will probably go in the first round. (And yes, "can't miss" prospects certainly can miss... big.)
I don't know (or care) what the scouts say, but I think that Ray Rice is not far behind that group.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote: Looks Half Season is picking up right where he left off.
Yes... dominating the rushing stats. Funny how the claims of "Half Season" always fail to mention he was #2 in yards, and was #1 in per-carry among feature backs.

Not to worry, I'm sure a guy with peppermint sticks for legs will do just fine.

OK. I get it... you're fucking slow...

I'll explain further, since you're fucking stupid -- I was making a comparison to Peterson because he was the most recent example of a player's draft stock going down due to reliability issues. There's plenty more examples where that came from, but AD is certainly the most recent.

See, I mentioned Dorsey's gimpiness and inability to shake lingering injuries as a knock against him as #1, much the same way Peterson fell from no-brainer #1 to #7 due to the same concerns.

Get it?

The topic at hand was Dorsey going #1 in the draft... please try and keep up.

I brought up Dorsey's "peppermint sticks for legs" as a reason no one should pencil in that #1 selection yet.

Understand, dumbass, or do you need that broken down more?
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Dinsdale wrote: ???

You must have followed a much different college season from me.

There's 2-3 legitimate NFL caliber bruisers, and a whole boatload of guys who are going to return kicks for the duration of their 4 year career.
Some of that "Boatload" will be diamonds in the rough who could pan out well. Felix Jones, Slaton, and Charles come to mind as the candidates who could do just that.

In the end, I want Jake as our first-but Long would also be fine as well since his position is a huge area of need as well. I'd just rather see our DT position filled through free agency with the likes of C. williams or J. smith, since there are no LT's available via FA nearly every damn year.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:I don't know (or care) what the scouts say, but I think that Ray Rice is not far behind that group.

When facing 220 pound linebackers, he certainly is.

They list Rice at 205, which sounds like a big stretch. See what the scales at the Combine have to say about it.

If you're willing to draft midgets, Yvenson Bernard from Oregon State is a much better midget back (listed about the same size as Rice, better player).

There's an amazing crop of midget RBs this draft. Unfortunately for them, most NFL GMs don't like drafting the guys on the smaller end of the size range these days.

Anthony Alridge of Houston is the most talented midget runner IMO, but dude might weigh a buck-eighty, if you stuck a brick up his ass. Felix Jones was an absolutely electrifying college player (whose stats eclipsed his teammate McFadden), but at maybe 2-bills, he's got "kick returner" written all over his forehead. Justin Forsett of Kal was simply amazing -- and at less-than-200, Kal is probably where his "amazing" run ends.

Them's the breaks.

If you look at the top rushers in the NFL this season, you see a trend -- they're all for the most part over 220 (throw out the scatback/hybrid Westbrook). I tend to believe this isn't a coincidence, and I kinda doubt NFL GMs think it's a coincidence, either.

Of course, I'll a quick mention that a good chunk of the top NFL rushers came from the University of Miami... because it pains me to think about it.

But toss out the midgets, and you're left with McFadden (who I believe is larger than the weight the Hogs listed him at), Stewart (who dropped weight to 230-something) and Mendenhall. Again, big dropoff in the things NFL GMs are looking for once you drop past those 3.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Raydah James wrote:Some of that "Boatload" will be diamonds in the rough who could pan out well. Felix Jones, Slaton, and Charles come to mind as the candidates who could do just that.

Oh, I'd bet on some off-the-radar diamonds in the rough doing quite well. That's the way it works.

Felix Jones may well become the next "almost-Devin Hester." Just not a really bulky guy, but has explosive speed and moves up the yingyang.

Slaton overachieved and did well in the spread. Remind me which NFL teams use the spread (and no, that bullshit NFL announcers occasionally call a "spread" is nothing of the sort)? I kinda doubt he'll thrive in NFL offenses the way he did at WVU.

Jamaal Charles? Definite "maybe," but he carries another question mark -- someone wanna remind me the last time a big-name Texas RB lived up to his overhyped "potential"? Priest whined his way damn-near out of the league, Ricky smoked his way out of it, Cedric Benson sucks. Leaving us Eric Metcalf, and Earl Campbell if he could have hung in a few more years. Texas RBs are cursed... but I suppose you can't really use that as a draft guideline.

And frankly, there's only one name that really comes to mind when thinking of midget NFL RBs, and Warrick Dunn is one of the more overrated players in recent memory.

Moral of the story -- don't draft midget RBs in the early rounds.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:If you look at the top rushers in the NFL this season, you see a trend -- they're all for the most part over 220 (throw out the scatback/hybrid Westbrook). I tend to believe this isn't a coincidence, and I kinda doubt NFL GMs think it's a coincidence, either.

Actually, if you look at the top 10 rushers in the league this year, exactly five of them were more than 220. Ray Rice is listed at 5-9, 205. He can easily add 10-15 pounds in the weight room.

You need to start sitting next to smarter people at the bar.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:Actually, if you look at the top 10 rushers in the league this year, exactly five of them were more than 220. Ray Rice is listed at 5-9, 205. He can easily add 10-15 pounds in the weight room.

You need to start sitting next to smarter people at the bar.

My bad. "For the most part" should have read "220-ish," or something like that. The point being, besides Westbrook, they're all within an extra bowl of Wheaties in the morning of 220.

But it's easy to see why you shouldn't quit your day job for an NFL front office.

Ray Rice is pretty bulky already. At 5-9, if he adds 15 pounds, what sort of speed does he figure to have? Having offensive lineman speed at the RB position usually isn't strategically sound... really.

If you're going to draft RBs based upon the chance they might be able to bulk-up, better save that shit for the 5-6th round. If Felix Jones can bulk-up, he'd certainly make everyone forget who Ray Rice even was. No comparison -- yet I don't see Felix Jones going in the top 10... because he's too damn small to blow a high pick on. He might go late in the 1st as a gamble-pick, but he's a great deal less of a gamble than Rice.

Rice may well turn out to be a very good player. I just wouldn't bet the farm on it. Or a 1-3rd round pick. If you're going to gamble on guys that size, Yvenson Bernard is a MUCH better/NFL-ready player than Rice (not that I wasn't a Rice fan in CFB -- I was. And it pains me to give a Cunt credit for anything). I'd take Bernard over Slaton, too, but that might be crazy-talk.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

The Raiders taking McFadden of course makes no sense at all with Jordan, Rhodes, Fargas (FA) and Michael Bush (who really could be the next Bettis if he recovered from the leg) all on the roster. And of course since it makes no sense at all, I'm sure Alcula would do it.

You can scratch off Dorsey and Jake Long barring a trade, injury or total fuck up in the combines.

All the pundits calling the Chefs to take a QB at 4 or 5 obviously haven't heard our talk radio where Herm said there's no QB in this draft he sees as "franchise"

I have seen Sedrick Ellis and Kenny Phillips (and Brohm) in a couple top 5's - but not many.
The 5 I've listed are in 90% of the dozen or so I've read
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

KC Scott wrote:The Raiders taking McFadden of course makes no sense at all with Jordan, Rhodes, Fargas (FA) and Michael Bush (who really could be the next Bettis if he recovered from the leg) all on the roster.
Jordan's gone and Fargas might be if he commands too much $$

I cant believe anyone would be stupid enough to do it, but reports out of Raider HQ have them trying to peddle Jordan for a draft pick. His slow, dance-like Travolta before he hits the hole bullshit is fucking tired as hell-and Kiff sat his ass for good even when he was healthy and Fargas went down. If nobody bites (which I dont expect anyone to), he gets cut. Good riddance to that pile of shit who couldnt be bothered to read his playbook in New York or Oakland.

Bush looks to be a diamond, and Kiff has heaped mighty praise on him when asked during his Sirius interviews.....but we'll have to see how he handles field action before making any more assumptions.

And of course since it makes no sense at all, I'm sure Alcula would do it.
The young Al would've been fucking pissed at the old Al for the way he has run this proud franchise into the ground the way he has with stupid decision after stupid decision. My hatred of the senile old fucking creep is well documented, and i'll leave it at that.
You can scratch off Dorsey and Jake Long barring a trade, injury or total fuck up in the combines.
Im not scratching anybody off the board for us-we have a chance to pick third and have plenty of talented young blood that we can trade to move up if need be. Again, i'd be fine with Chris long-I just think his position can be sufficiently filled through FA.
All the pundits calling the Chefs to take a QB at 4 or 5 obviously haven't heard our talk radio where Herm said there's no QB in this draft he sees as "franchise"

I have seen Sedrick Ellis and Kenny Phillips (and Brohm) in a couple top 5's - but not many.
The 5 I've listed are in 90% of the dozen or so I've read
90% is a stretch. There are dozens of Mocks out there with many many different scenarios.....and Parcells could throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing with many different moves-and I expect him to-which is why this draft is looking to be a fun one.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:...obviously haven't heard our talk radio
I'll take your word for it, because that shit is unlistenable anymore.

Nails on a chalkboard, I almost wish Jason Whitlock would return to the local airwaves.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

War Wagon wrote:

Nails on a chalkboard, I almost wish Jason Whitlock would return to the local airwaves.
:meds:
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

War Wagon wrote:

Yea, This was a couple weeks ago, I was drving to KCI and Herm was on giving his post season critique - the one where he took all the blame, then Carl took all the blame, then like... nothing happened.

Someone asked about the Chiefs draft, and QBs in particular and Herm broke out with "he didn't see anyone in the draft he'd label Franchise quality" and that Breaky Croyle has an outstanding future in Chef red. At that point I pulled over on the broadway bridge and puked into the Missouri river.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

"Franchise quality"?

Damon Huard was "franchise quality" -- he put the resurrected Ducks "franchise" on the map with one throw.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Interesting about Franchise QBs - the majority of the starters across the league are /were 1st round picks, yet arguably the two most successful playoff QBs - Montana and Brady were mid round selections.

The teams get way too caught up in what the book says an NFL starter should measure, run and throw