giants @ green bay

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

bbqjones
indian black betty

giants @ green bay

Post by bbqjones »

im not buying the blowout talk from the espn doucebags. would make for an easy game to watch for me, but i think the giants keep it close for one half. the second half should again be packertime and ryan grant gets his 130+. im not convinced the weather conditions for this game (no snow, or very little)help the packers, as seen in the chicago game a month ago. personally i seel the game being about rattling eli and or favre. the giants front seven could give favre a reason to be favroe of 2005. a four pick game is possible. but if the running back doesnt fumble twice in the first four minutes of the game, the new york football giants* will be in trouble. this will not be field goal weather, so you better score touchdowns./ one name i havent heard alot of lately is aj hawk. im predicting a big game from him and barnett and perhaps a pick or three by al harris. im just an optomistc packerfan and im pretty sure the game will end up around-

31-23

*i hate chris berman btw
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: giants @ green bay

Post by Shoalzie »

Last week, the Packers offensive line and the poor field conditions were plenty to give Favre time to throw and created room for Grant to run (when he decided to hold onto the ball). I've liked the way Eli has played in the last few weeks and I don't think he'll lose this game for the Giants...I just don't see them slowing down Grant or causing Favre to make bad throws and turn the ball over. The Seahawks were only in the game early on because of those two fumbles...that game was the most one-sided of the four games last week. Packers should win fairly easy and advance to Glendale.

Giants 17
Packers 28
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I pretty much agree with q's take on the game.

NY won't score enough points.
They didn't do that much on offense v. Dullas, but they did capitalize and hit a few big scoring plays.

The G-men can seriously bring the heat with the pass rush though.
If they can rattle the old man they have a puncher's shot at this game.

I see the the Giants keeping it lose in the 1st half and the Peckers take it away in the 2nd.

Peckers - 21
Giants - 7
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

poptart wrote:I pretty much agree with q's take on the game.
thanx poppy!

GLAD I COULD HELP!!!!!!!!

ummm.....yeah....low scoring affair..yadda yadda yadda.

something SMELLS funny.....one of these games are going to go against the Chalk.

i would PICK GB All Day.........but, something doesn't feel right.

HAPPY if I'm WRONG!

NYG 22
GB 14
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Qbert wrote:HAPPY if I'm WRONG!
Two responses to this:

1. RACK.

Sin,

Dallas Fan. (Fuck you, btw. Eat it, bitches. bwaahaa!)

2. It probably won't matter whomever wins this game, no matter how much Joe and Troy try to spin their primetime bullshit.

It's NE's year. EOFS.

Really HAPPY if I'm WRONG!
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Giants 24
Green Bay 20
Dreams......Temporary Madness
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

RadioFan wrote: It's NE's year. EOFS.
^^^^^^^
Gets it.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

WOW....just like that the Packers go up 7-6. GREAT job by D. Driver of getting out of that bump-n-run jamb.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

i will tell you all now just as i did last week (when it was 14-0) , this game is fucking over. and the way the pats looked today- i aint skeerd.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Not to sound like Wade Phillips but the Giants were the better team in the first half even though they trail on the scoreboard. The front seven has made Grant a non-factor and the secondary, with the exception of one play, has been solid. Eli and Burress had a very strong first half. Jacobs was fairly quiet but ran very hard when they were pinned deep in their end. The cliche police will hate this but it's still anyone's game at this point. I don't expect scoring to pick up in the final 30 minutes...I think 20 points will be enough to win.
Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Post by Canadian »

I have a feeling with only just over 7 minutes left and a 20-20 score the Giants are going to pull the upset.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

I have a feeling Coughlin's nose is about to fall off
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Larry Tynes shanked the WINNING FG.....simply awesome!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I guess I'm wrong...it'll take more than 20 points to win.

Great game...I'm calling for Tynes to redeem himself and boot the winner. The Giants deserve this game.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I'm calling for Tynes to please come back and play in the AFC West again.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad:
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Worst matchup since the Ravens bitchslapped the Giants in SB 35. Brady is going to have a field day against them.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

e wrote:the giants are going to the super bowl on lawrence tynes' foot.

eli manning is going to be a super bowl quarterback.

the end is near.
Truer words have never been spoken. :cry:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Sweet redemption for Tynes...good for the Giants. They look like a team of destiny. The Pats are going to have their hands full in two weeks.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Cross Traffic wrote:Brady is going to have a field day against them.

Based on what?
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

The Giants defense will make adjustments from the last week in the season. They're playing very well right now and will pull the upset. Fuck Boston, New England, the Celtics, Red Sox, Patroits......go Giants.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

MuchoBulls wrote:Giants 24
Green Bay 20
:D
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

It's a little bit more than that. Their D has been nails in the playoffs and they haven't made many, if any, mistakes on offense.
warren

Post by warren »

What the f happened to my saviour Favre?

I thought it was ok to throw down beers and vic's and still throw the ball up and Driver would catch it and run for 90 every time.

In all seriousness, I was a front runner, hoping for this classic GB v. Patties matchup, however, if you really like football as a game, the New Jersey Giants were someting to see.

It's still going to be a Patty's blowout but at least my Texans may get to go up to GB and get beat by my fellow addict next year, I know he won't go out this way, least I hope.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Shoalzie wrote:Sweet redemption for Tynes...good for the Giants. They look like a team of destiny.
I wasn't sure whether Coughlin was trying to keep Tynes head in the game or was being a colossal dick after he missed that first kick...in any event, they gave him enough chances to finally cash in on one....
get out, get out while there's still time
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Props to the Giants. The Packers had no pressure on Manning all night long, and they seemed to give up on the running game a bit early. The Giants will give the Patsies a game. Three straight wins on the road in the playoffs, and they have been designated the visiting team in the Super Bowl. They’ll definitely cover the 14 point spread.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

As I've mentioned before, my downstate family roots make me pull for the Giants (as long as they're not playing the Bills). Hell, I'm the only member of my immediate family who's not primarily a Giants fan (I took a huge amount of obnoxious crap from them after SB XXV). Hell, my dad called me last night at 10:30 to share his joy (picture a conversation with a very loud, pumped-up fan with a thick NYC Italian accent...).

I'm digging the Giants winning over the Packers.

After the way that the Giants played the Patriots in week 17, the way they've managed to pull off upsets the last three weeks, the way they pressure the QB, and the way that the Patriots have showed some flaws each week - I honestly think that the Giants have a damned good shot to beat the Patriots.

As much as I'd love to see Shula et al. have frigging aneurysms and shut the hell up forever, I'd much rather see the Giants win.

I'll call my shot: Giants 27, Pats 24
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

eli manning is going to be a super bowl quarterback.

the end is near.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Props to the Giants. GB's secondary played horrid and NY's receivers made some great catches.

I had a bad feeling about this game after the 1st quarter -- even when GB tied it in the 4th via a fumble recovery, AND won the OT coin toss. It was just the Giants' night.
MtLR wrote:I'll call my shot: Giants 27, Pats 24
Funny, I was thinking the exact opposite, as in a Pats blowout.

Bellacheat has played NY once, and Coughlin isn't exactly Dr. Wizard in the imagination department.

Like I said earlier, hope I'm wrong, but this game should be about as exciting as Chicago vs. NE, in '86, with the Pats on the other end, this year: 41-10, NE, over by halftime. Mark it down.

The only saving grace to the whole abortionized spectacle that has become the NFL championship -- this year -- is that Jim Nance isn't going to be "calling" it.