No. 3 Seahawks (11-6) at No. 2 Packers (13-3) -- Discussion

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

No. 3 Seahawks (11-6) at No. 2 Packers (13-3) -- Discussion

Post by poptart »

I'll be in with an 'official' prediction on this game in a day-or-so, but I'll say now that I wouldn't feel good betting the Packers to cover the 8 pt spread.

Green Bay is capable of scoring a lot of points, and it's tough to go against Favre at home in a playoff game.

Lambeau will be rockin'.

More later ......

Discuss.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: No. 3 Seahawks (11-6) at No. 2 Packers (13-3) -- Discussion

Post by BSmack »

Seattle doesn't travel well. If this game was in Seattle, I'd rate it a toss up. But at Lambeau it's a safe bet for the Pack to cover.

Packers 27

Seahawks 17
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

This is the "wildcard" game of the 4 matchups this week. I think Seattle might have a shot.

For some reason, they play well when it comes to playoff time. They made it to the Superbowl two years ago and were absolutely robbed by the refs and last year, nobody gave them a chance and they damn near upset Chicago at Soldier Field. Holmgren knows how to prepare for these games and Hasselback is seasoned enough to not make too many mistakes that would turn this game into a blowout.

Favre is good at home, yes, but dude is not who he once was. I see a heavy dose of Grant in this game to soften the undersized front seven of Seattle's D. I think Favre will then go over the top and take some shots downfield. This will most likely spell success for Green Bay to advance, but I am definitely taking the points.

Green Bay 23
Seattle 20
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:Seattle doesn't travel well. If this game was in Seattle, I'd rate it a toss up. But at Lambeau it's a safe bet for the Pack to cover.

Packers 27

Seahawks 17
Seattle traveled pretty well here the last time, they took the Packers to overtime. I’m not enthusiastic about the matchup, but I’d look for the Pack to pull out a close one to set up THE rematch next weekend. Against the Giants.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

I think this is going to be a tight game all the way to the end. As long as Favre doesn't come out with the gunslinger mentality the Packers will win the game though. Harris and Woodson should keep the pass game in check for the most part, so I'll take the Packers 20-17.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

This game is dependant on the weather. If the weather is bad look for Seattle to win if the weather is good then GB.

I think this might be the closest of all games this weekend. The team that wins the clock wins this one.

GB - 21
Hawks - 20
Save me some of that corn for laters...
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I basically agree with Rump's breakdown.

Peckers win by a FG.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Seahawks' D MIGHT be the best Favre has faced this year- their LBs are very fast, and their front 7 have a gang mentality around the ball on most plays. They looked almost superhuman fast against the 'Skins last weekend. Funny things is, I can say almost the exact same things about the Packers' D....but obviously the difference here is that they are at home. I think they will use that to their advantage, coupled with the Seattle WR's propensity to clank passes off of their mittens in big games the last couple of years. I'll call it:

Packers- 30
Seahawks- 21
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Seattle 24

Green Bay 30
Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Post by Canadian »

Packers will win by a field goal. 24-21
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

You can't really use the "Lambeau mystique" as the reason the Packers will win since they've lost their last two playoff games at home. Plus, they're going against a team with more playoff experience than them collectively. Favre is obviously no stranger to these situations but most of his teammates and his head coach are greenhorns in the playoffs. Both teams have veteran QBs and good but not great defenses...pretty much a wash in my book in those two areas.

The big matchup will be Ryan Grant vs. the Seattle rush defense which was 12th in the regular season. I wouldn't have thought that in a matchup of a former MVP like Alexander and a virtual rookie like Grant...I'd favor Grant in this matchup. That's probably the deciding factor in this one...the Packers have the better ground game and will defend home field.

Seahawks 23
Packers 28
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Nacho wrote:This game is dependant on the weather. If the weather is bad look for Seattle to win if the weather is good then GB.

I think this might be the closest of all games this weekend. The team that wins the clock wins this one.

GB - 21
Hawks - 20
Why would Seattle do better than GB in snow and freezing temps IN GB? Wisconsin isn't exactly Florida in January.

and so far except for the two early TO's, it's been all GB... Seattle is -5 yards gained since they scored their second TD.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Grant really redeemed himself for those two fumbles and had his best game of his young career in adverse conditions. Favre's numbers weren't eye-popping but he made more plays than Hasselbeck. Would've expected a little closer game because it's not like a lot of those Packers players have played in the snow. Alexander was a non-factor and not having Branch in the passing game hurt the Seahawks.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

mvscal wrote:That was a beautiful game to watch.
Rack it, on many levels. I watched that game at a friend's house, with his kids and grandkids, all of us Wisconsin natives, and every last one of them into the game, big-time. (Lots of screaming, yelling and high-fiving amid 14 people) Personally, I really, REALLY wished I could have been at that game. But even among the natives in Oklahoma -- watching that game on TV, it was like a religious experience -- two different kinds of bratwurst, Wisconsin cheese, dijon mustard ... and later, when the game was in hand (of course), sundaes. Good times.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

when the packers got the ball back after going down 14-0, i could sense something in the snow. or maybe it was the beer talking. i guarenteed that grant would end up with 150yds and seattle would only score 17. i wasnt too far off. the best part was the bet i made with my seahawk buddy. he cannot cut his hair for three months. he shaves his head regularly because of an mvscal avatar like hairline. dude is going to be begging me in three weeks to let him buy me a couple of cases of beer instead. i plan to take pictures every other day and do a chia pet scrapbook for his boys to look at in the future unless he wants to buy his way out of the bet.

packers wont roll over the giants the same way, but they win by two possessions.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

That was, by far, the coolest game I have ever been to. There was a father/son next to me from Florida that attended their first game on Saturday. The kid (probably 5 or 6) had never seen snow until he set foot inside of Lambeau, so that was kind of neat to see. Nice to see the weathermen were $$ on their forecast of light flurries. Sounds like I'll be freezing my ass off on Sunday, but it'll be worth it
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

bbqjones wrote:when the packers got the ball back after going down 14-0, i could sense something in the snow. or maybe it was the beer talking. i guarenteed that grant would end up with 150yds and seattle would only score 17. i wasnt too far off. the best part was the bet i made with my seahawk buddy. he cannot cut his hair for three months. he shaves his head regularly because of an mvscal avatar like hairline. dude is going to be begging me in three weeks to let him buy me a couple of cases of beer instead. i plan to take pictures every other day and do a chia pet scrapbook for his boys to look at in the future unless he wants to buy his way out of the bet.
Make him do the comb over. There's nothing more gay than a comb over.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown