Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

5 minutes for interference rule

Post by MuchoBulls »

I know this is a new rule this season, but this is a freaking joke of a call:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeiPFGHbByU

Cullen has the puck, with his head down and Orr catches him with his glove right under the chin and near the shoulder. I'm not a big fan of C. Orr, but there is no way that should have even be a penalty.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: 5 minutes for interference rule

Post by Shoalzie »

I saw the game last night and saw the hit...that was a brutal call. Orr was simply trying to seperate Cullen from the puck...which he still had possession of (as Mucho said). From what Sam and Joe said, the rule is in place simply to get the unnecessary headhunting hits away from the puck out of the game. Orr's hit was excessive from the standpoint you don't need to blow a guy up to get the puck from him but what he did wasn't worth a 5-minute penalty for interference. You have to wonder if Cullen isn't knocked silly, do the refs give Orr 5 and a game?
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

That's the whole things Shoalzie. I see it as an overreaction to Cullen laying motionless for a few seconds. Orr's glove/forearm caught Cullen right under the chin and in the shoulder area. There was nothing illegal about the hit. It's another case of a player with a good amount of speed getting caught with their head down.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Joey Moss
2005 SNC Champion

Post by Joey Moss »

It was a clean hit.

What was Cullen thinking? You don't cut across the blue line with your head down.
GET-ZKY!!!!
Mainiac
Born Again Liberal

Post by Mainiac »

Exactly, you cross the blue line with your head down and the puck on your stick, you deserve to be knocked silly. It's one of the first things you learn. Cullen will never do that again. The fact that the NHL now considers this a 5-minute interference penalty is why I barely watch hockey any more. It's a league run by pussies who want nothing but soccer-loving pussies to watch it.
Tiger Williams wrote:"... some snot-nosed little fuck that isn't going to break a nail is going to score 50 goals and he's never driven to the net in his life. He's never stood in front with Moose Dupont giving him 89 cross checks in the back of the head."
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Mainiac wrote:Exactly, you cross the blue line with your head down and the puck on your stick, you deserve to be knocked silly. It's one of the first things you learn. Cullen will never do that again. The fact that the NHL now considers this a 5-minute interference penalty is why I barely watch hockey any more. It's a league run by pussies who want nothing but soccer-loving pussies to watch it.
RACK!!

You and me both bro... you and me both.

RACK the old school in your face hockey.
Mainiac
Born Again Liberal

Post by Mainiac »

I hope you've got some tapes from the 70's and 80's 'cause that's the only way you're gonna see any old time hockey.
Tiger Williams wrote:"... some snot-nosed little fuck that isn't going to break a nail is going to score 50 goals and he's never driven to the net in his life. He's never stood in front with Moose Dupont giving him 89 cross checks in the back of the head."
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Mainiac wrote:I hope you've got some tapes from the 70's and 80's 'cause that's the only way you're gonna see any old time hockey.
Leafs TV...

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/ext/LTVGridDec24-30V1.pdf

and

http://www.tsn.ca/classic/schedule/?cha ... /2007&tz=0
8:00 PM NHL Classics -1979 Stanley Cup: Semi: Boston @ Montreal, Game 7

10:00 PM NHL Classics - New Year's Eve '75 Red Army @ Montreal Canadiens
Saturday Jan 6
4:00 PM NHL: 1975 Quarter- Philadelphia @ Toronto, Game 4 (April 19, 1975)
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

otis

chuck norris division was as tough as it got.

chicago
st.louis
toronto
minnesota
detroit

every team had 3-5 guys who could brawl, and brawl they would. the playoff series were always chippy, and they wouldnt even think twice about dropping them in the playoffs. It was just another game to the 4th line gooners! They got their 4minutes and 10 penalty minutes and the rest decided the game