McFadden just fumbled

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

McFadden just fumbled

Post by Bizzarofelice »

and with that he fumbled his chances at the Heisman.
why is my neighborhood on fire
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

On the brighter side he won't be a Heisman winner.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Let's just not give the Heisman to anyone this year. When USC lost and Booty got hurt, that ruined all the preseason hype around him. He was the chosen one to win the award as long as the Trojans went unbeaten. It's just been a giant game of musical chairs all year with the Heisman and the top 2 spots in the polls.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

we should give it to the average senior quarterback of a top 5 team. troy smith have any eligibility?
why is my neighborhood on fire
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Bizzarofelice wrote:we should give it to the average senior quarterback of a top 5 team. troy smith have any eligibility?

So is Matt Flynn is the Heisman winner this year?

To be fair, Troy Smith was great in the regular season last year. Florida made him look like a bitch though.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i'm not sure Chase Daniel isn't the best player i've seen this year. but, he's got no shot.

edit: unless MU wins out, maybe.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

If Hawaii beats Boise St tonight (probably like 76-63) and they remain unbeaten, Colt Brennan deserves a look.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

McFadden isnt shit, Felix Jones is a 10 times better running back.

sin,

Duncedale
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Les Miles and Nutt duel in an idiot-fest to end that one.

and you can't beat Les at his own game. Nutt calls the two most baffling 3rd and 4th down calls i've seen maybe ever.

"I'm the head coach!".
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

King Crimson wrote:Les Miles and Nutt duel in an idiot-fest to end that one.

and you can't beat Les at his own game. Nutt calls the two most baffling 3rd and 4th down calls i've seen maybe ever.

"I'm the head coach!".
i was thinking exactly the same thing.

GET MILES TO AA! HE'D BE PERFECT HERE!
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

So now we seriosuly have the possibility ofa West Virginia vs. Kansas/Missouri National Championship?

Yikes!
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Scary.....LSU played like crap defensively....didn't deserve to win that one at all.

Hats off to Arkansas.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

See You Next Wednesday wrote:So now we seriosuly have the possibility ofa West Virginia vs. Kansas/Missouri National Championship?

Yikes!

Ohio State isn't dead either...they'll need help but they're still in the mix.

This has just been the weirdest damn season I can ever remember...#1s and #2s dropping like flies.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

No. Mizzou beats Kansas, OU beats Mizzou, and we have tOSU vs West Virginny for the championship..

LSU against an unranked team in a game that really matters, and they lose. Miles looks like a great fit for Michigan.

And LSU was OVERRATED.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Shoalzie wrote: This has just been the weirdest damn season I can ever remember...#1s and #2s dropping like flies.
Best year ever - and it started last January with the Boise / OU game which may go down as the best game ever - of course there's still a lot left to play this season
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Goober McTuber wrote:No. Mizzou beats Kansas, OU beats Mizzou, and we have tOSU vs West Virginny for the championship..

LSU against an unranked team in a game that really matters, and they lose. Miles looks like a great fit for Michigan.

And LSU was OVERRATED.

It's just killing ya, isn't Goobs?

No big 11 or SUC team in the National title game.

The Haterade is flowing tonight
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
King Crimson wrote:Les Miles and Nutt duel in an idiot-fest to end that one.

"I'm the head coach!".
i was thinking exactly the same thing.

GET MILES TO AA! HE'D BE PERFECT HERE!

He really makes me nervous being the "#1 choice". Is he really that good of a coach or does he just have great talent? He had national championship talent the last two years and didn't win squat. He can still end up with an SEC title this year but no glass football. If he was a product of Bo, Michigan wouldn't be knocking down his door. He shouldn't be the only choice...I hope they shop around. If he is their guy, Michigan can jump on him now even though his stock just went down.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

KC Scott wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:No. Mizzou beats Kansas, OU beats Mizzou, and we have tOSU vs West Virginny for the championship..

And LSU was OVERRATED.

It's just killing ya, isn't Goobs?

No big 11 or SUC team in the National title game.

The Haterade is flowing tonight
Killing me? Please. I think it's hilarious that tOSU still has a shot at the title game.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

IMO Mich should just go after Kelly, he is at-least as good a coach and there is no question on whether he'd take the job. Though I think Mich's chances at Miles just got better. I don't know if he'd risk fucking with a national championship run accepting another job. Now that isn't an issue and LSU may not put up as much of a fight to keep him.

I hope the 'skers make a run at Kelly.
Last edited by Danimal on Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:The perfect national title game? Ohio State vs. Kansas. Two teams who've played high school quality schedules going head to head.
I'm good with that. Certainly beats having some two-loss SEC team with a boatload of crybaby fans.

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

It is what it is....

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

What I'm trying to understand is the entire SEC better than every other team in America? It's sounding like that from those who think Kansas, Ohio State, Missouri and West Virginia "didn't play anyone this year". How many teams are great this year? I wouldn't call anyone in the SEC great...just very good (in LSU's case) or good (the next handful of teams in the conference). Just win your damn games and you don't need to cry about other teams' resumes.

Can we all agree that there isn't one great team this year? Just a group of very good teams that aren't capable of running the table? Obviously Kansas has a chance to run the table but the SEC crowd doesn't seem to be that impressed.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Shoalzie wrote: Obviously Kansas has a chance to run the table but the SEC crowd doesn't seem to be that impressed.
Uhhhh.....are you impressed?

09/01 C Michigan W 52-7
09/08 SE Louisiana W 62-0
09/15 Toledo W 45-13
09/22 Fla Int'l W 55-3
10/06 at Kansas St W 30-24
10/13 Baylor W 58-10
10/20 at Colorado W 19-14
10/27 at Texas A&M W 19-11
11/03 Nebraska W 76-39
11/10 at Oklahoma St W 43-28
11/17 Iowa St W 45-7
11/24 #4 Missouri 8:00 PM

Simple question......yes or no?

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Hey man, if you can get through a schedule like Kansas', and only lose two games, you deserve a shot at a playoff, so you can get hot and beat teams that actually tried to play a whole season, and didn't scabdick for months and months.

How cool would a playoff be, though? I mean, it would be fucking sweet if a team won their first 9-10 games, then they could rest all of their starters/seniors... who cares if they sit out their rivalry game, when they could be playing spoiler to a team that actually tried to win meaningful games?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

T REX wrote:
Shoalzie wrote: Obviously Kansas has a chance to run the table but the SEC crowd doesn't seem to be that impressed.

09/01 C Michigan W 52-7
09/15 Toledo W 45-13
09/22 Fla Int'l W 55-3
10/13 Baylor W 58-10
11/03 Nebraska W 76-39
11/17 Iowa St W 45-7

Ask it in 2 weeks...then it might be simple.
Last edited by FLW Buckeye on Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

T REX wrote:

09/01 C Michigan W 52-7
09/15 Toledo W 45-13
09/22 Fla Int'l W 55-3
10/13 Baylor W 58-10
11/03 Nebraska W 76-39
11/17 Iowa St W 45-7

Impressive schedule? Of course not. The bottom line, they're undefeated. You see that #4 next to Missouri...that's a game that should earn them some cred if they can win. If they don't win, they don't deserve a shot at the glass football. Beating Missouri doesn't make their entire schedule good but they'll have a win over a top 5 team at the end of the season. Plus, they'll have another game against a top 10 team next week. Two wins over top 10 opposition in back to back weeks doesn't mean anything to you? I know they aren't SEC teams but they're D-IA BCS conference teams.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Shoalzie wrote:Two wins over top 10 opposition in back to back weeks doesn't mean anything to you?

It's certainly not carved in stone that OU will be in the top tem next week, and if they lose the B12 championship, they sure the hell won't be.

But nice to see you have your bottom-tier-B12-Fan game on... rankings AT THE TIME count for the team you're making a cse for, but records AT THE END OF THE SEASON are how you judge everyone else's records.

BTW -- Hawaii is still unbeaten. I don't hear your intolerable perpetually whining bleeding heart crying out against the injustice Hawaii is getting right now.

Or is there really that big a difference between the #101 SoS and the #153 in your world?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Sudden Sam wrote:I agree with Shoalzie that there isn't a real dominating team this year. No great team towering over the others.

And, yes, if Kansas beats Missouri, that would be impressive. I'd feel a lot better about them remaining in the hunt. I don't think they will win, but if they do, good for them. They'll have gotten thru their one-game season undefeated. Good luck beating Oklahoma (if Bradford is alive).

Same old arguments flying all over. It's tough, though to see a Kansas still have a shot, when, if they'd played LSU's or Oregon's or even West Virginia's schedule, they'd probably have 3-4 losses.

On the other hand, it's cool to see a school like Kansas, and Missouri, for that matter, with a shot. I just wish they'd (KU) played a game or two to get there.

Bag on Kansas' non-conference slate all you want but they have no control over how bad the teams are on their conference schedule. Beat whoever you play each week and you can play for a national title. Isn't that the point? The SEC is the definition of parity with no overwelming team to come out of the group since none of the teams escaped with fewer than two losses. Whether the teams you play are good or bad...if you're going to be the national champ, you should be able to beat every team you play.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Dinsdale wrote:rankings AT THE TIME count for the team you're making a cse for, but records AT THE END OF THE SEASON are how you judge everyone else's records.

Coming from the guy that defended the Oregon loss against a now 6-5 Cal team? Yeah, judge everyone "at the end of the season"...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Shoalzie wrote:Beat whoever you play each week and you can play for a national title. Isn't that the point?

Oh... I must have missed all of those threads you posted claiming Hawaii should be in the Bowl With No Name.

Oh, wait... you never did that. Why? Wasn't Hawaii's schedule tough enough for you?

Getting tired of talking out of both sides of your mouth yet?

Are you really just this fucking addicted to whining?

So, which is it? Do KU and Hawaii deserve to play in the championship game if they win out, or are you a two-faced whiner who can't apply their own rules to their own argument?

Frankly, I don't understand your whining. You champion the cause of one cupcake, while dismissing someone else in the same boat.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Sudden Sam wrote:I understand what you're saying Shoalzie.

How do you respond to Dins argument for Hawaii? Shouldn't they be ranked right there with KU? Degenerate? What do you say?

I've thrown in the caviat with Kansas several times when I talk about them...they're a BCS conference team. I don't ignore that fact. To go unbeaten in the Big West or MAC or WAC or Sun Belt isn't the same as going unbeaten out of the Big XII or SEC or ACC. Hawaii being unbeaten is like if any BCS conference team played an entire season of soft non-conference games and went unbeaten. Kansas at least went through a BCS conference regular season and still sit undefeated.

Hell, if you want to talk about Hawaii having a fraud season...they won't play their toughest game until tonight...kind of like what Kansas has with Missouri tomorrow. However, Kansas played better teams than what Hawaii has played this year.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Dinsdale wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:Beat whoever you play each week and you can play for a national title. Isn't that the point?

Oh... I must have missed all of those threads you posted claiming Hawaii should be in the Bowl With No Name.

Oh, wait... you never did that. Why? Wasn't Hawaii's schedule tough enough for you?

See the post above...with Hawaii's schedule, there isn't enough drugs in the world to take that would convince me they deserve a shot at the title over another BCS conference team.

Still waiting for a retort from my Oregon-Cal comment...
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Shoalzie wrote:Let's just not give the Heisman to anyone this year. When USC lost and Booty got hurt, that ruined all the preseason hype around him. He was the chosen one to win the award as long as the Trojans went unbeaten. It's just been a giant game of musical chairs all year with the Heisman and the top 2 spots in the polls.
No way. Let's say USC doesn't lose, Booty doesn't get hurt and he has the kind of year he's having. There's no way in hell he wins that thing. Booty is an average QB.
FIGHT ON!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Shoalzie wrote:
Coming from the guy that defended the Oregon loss against a now 6-5 Cal team? Yeah, judge everyone "at the end of the season"...
Huh?

Wanna link that up?

Tard -- I'm quite sure the example you're thinking of doesn't say what you think it does.

The posts I'm sure you're referring to did no such thing -- they were what's known as an "example," and that example was used to point out how completely fucking idiotic the Mizzou/KU tards were being... which was semi-understandable, I suppose, because asking those people to act like their team had won more than 8 games in a season before was asking a lot.

Matter of fact, you just did the same thing yourself(although I'm sure you were too busy crafting your next clever "WHAAAAAA!!!!! WE NEED A PLAYOFF SO KANSAS CAN SCHEDULE EVEN EASIER" post to notice).

Uhm, tard -- if KU/Mizzou wins out... OU isn't top ten. I'm not sure how many times you need this explained to you, but maybe you could make it a point o not be such a fucking retard BEFORE you post, rather than just relying on everyone else to point out your stupidity after the fact.

ARE WE JUDGING OPPONENTS BASED ON THEIR RANKING AT THE TIME, OR YEAR END RANKING????

It's an either/or proposition. Can't have it both ways. If it's the latter, then shut the ever living fuck up already. OU isn't going to be top ten if they lose to KU/Mizzou. So why don't you give that stupidity a rest?

If it's the former -- get the fuck out of here. I'll take Oregon or USC if that's indeed the case. KU and Mizzou played how many teams that were ranked at the time? Without looking it up, I wanna say... what, ONE between them? And they went oh-fer in it? If we use the "when we beat them" standard, then KU and/or Mizzou should be playing whatever bowl game they make it to no later than december 18th.

But feel free to pick one system of subjective comparison or the other -- the "mix and match to suit my whining needs" thing is going about as well for you as it did for B12 tard.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Anyone who says Kansas should play for a title better be puting Hawaii right behind em.

Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Sudden Sam wrote:Hell, I think Troy should be ranked. They beat Oklahoma State worse than the almighty, super-bad Kansas Jayhawks did.

That's right, Degenerate. Troy.
Uh...okay. So?

I like Troy. Nice team they've got there. I can see why you'd be impressed, since they're leading a conference with a team that was responsible for Tuscaloosa's own little Pearl Harbor last week.

It's weird enough you SEC honks live vicariously through the team that happens to be leading your league. Now you're doing it to the leaders of a conference whose bottom feeder clowned Alabama last weeek?
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

T REX wrote:Anyone who says Kansas should play for a title better be puting Hawaii right behind em.
If they beat MU and OU then they DO deserve to play for a title. Period.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Degenerate wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Hell, I think Troy should be ranked. They beat Oklahoma State worse than the almighty, super-bad Kansas Jayhawks did.

That's right, Degenerate. Troy.
Uh...okay. So?

I like Troy. Nice team they've got there. I can see why you'd be impressed, since they're leading a conference with a team that was responsible for Tuscaloosa's own little Pearl Harbor last week.

It's weird enough you SEC honks live vicariously through the team that happens to be leading your league. Now you're doing it to the leaders of a conference whose bottom feeder clowned Alabama last weeek?

Living vicariously? Because I wanted to see an SEC team in the NC game? No, I was an LSU fan as a kid living in Mobile. So they've always been my 2nd team in the conference. And yeah, it woulda been cool to see them get to the title game.

Please don't make me relive the La-Mo debacle. The disaster. The most horrible event to befall me in my lifetime. The deaths of my parents were tough, but nothing compared to that loss.
I guess I don't get this. (Not that there's anything wrong with it.) I've never had a "2nd team" in the Pac 10, or the Pac 8 back in the day.
FIGHT ON!
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

King Crimson wrote:"I'm the head coach!"
I heard that too.

Bwah!

You sure, coach?
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Degenerate wrote:I like Troy. Nice team they've got there. I can see why you'd be impressed, since they're leading a conference with a team that was responsible for Tuscaloosa's own little Pearl Harbor last week.
That Sir, is one of the most clever lines I have heard in a while. RACK
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."