Thanks, Patriots

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

See You Next Wednesday wrote:I suggest that a team have the option to quit, that way they can save themselves the embarrassment. You know, they can tell the refereee, "All right, we're done." That way everybody is happy, players don't get hurt. The quitters aren't "embarrassed". And the dominating team doesn't have to worry about the perception of them running up the score.
That sounds terrific.

Sin,
Soccer Moms aka Wags, MyVag’sSore, etc, etc
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:Image
Better put some extra heavy duty springs on that bandwagon Pats fans.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

jiminphilly wrote:I prempt this post by saying the Patriots will win on Sunday night- probably by 2 tds. But if the Eagles have any shot at keeping this game close, it won't be with McNabb. He's been awful this year and him trying to play with a gimp ankle would only make matters worse. I am anxious to see how Westbrook plays against the Pats D, though.

:Soda through my nose:

This game and the Jets game are two instances where I see them running the hurry-up for 60 minutes, using all 6 timeouts, and attempting numerous onsides kicks in an effort to break the NFL single game scoring record. Good luck with that 14 pt prediction……
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:I prempt this post by saying the Patriots will win on Sunday night- probably by 2 tds. But if the Eagles have any shot at keeping this game close, it won't be with McNabb. He's been awful this year and him trying to play with a gimp ankle would only make matters worse. I am anxious to see how Westbrook plays against the Pats D, though.

:Soda through my nose:

This game and the Jets game are two instances where I see them running the hurry-up for 60 minutes, using all 6 timeouts, and attempting numerous onsides kicks in an effort to break the NFL single game scoring record. Good luck with that 14 pt prediction……
First- stop drinking Soda- it's really bad for you. I stopped drinking that shit 2 months ago and I've never felt better.

Second- if the Dolphins can put up 28 points against the Patriots, I think the Eagles can do the same. Westbrook is a lot better than Ronnie Brown and I expect him to have a fairly good game against the Pats. I just don't see the Eagles defense stopping Brady since they have a terrible pass rush.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Let me check my math:

Patriots beat Cowboys by 21 points
Cowboys beat Eagles by 21 points

Patriots beat eagles by 42 points

There ya have it.

Patriots 56
Eagles 14
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

jiminphilly wrote:
Next. That's what it means. It means, my starters did their job, game over. No need to risk injury.
see, that's why you're not a coach in the NFL......would you like me to start listing all of the improbable comebacks in the history of the NFL......start with Buffalo/Tennessee-Houston and go from there
That's kinda implied when the scoreboard shows a team down by 3+ tds, right?
see the answer above.....
To me it's smart coaching. Why leave your starters in and risk injury in a meaningless 2nd half of a game?
let me ask you this.....lets suppose Belichick had pulled the starters and Buffalo came back on them? What then, throw the starters (who've been sitting on the bench) back out after they've had plenty of time to go cold, lose focus, etc. I'd venture to say there's a much higher probability of the starters being hurt under that scenario........

perish the thought that the defense might actually want to play defense....instead, lets have the Patriots just start taking a knee when they're up by 35 points....we'll call it "The Patriot Clause"
When Belichick pulls Brady (like he did in Miami) and then puts him back in (like he did in Miami) what does that say?
Because Miami was still trying to win the game......they were throwing long passes trying for the quick score.....now, had they gone into their "we're just going to run it" offense, I'm pretty sure Brady would have remained on the bench.....
get out, get out while there's still time
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Hell, just this year, didn't Sage Rosenfels, of all people almost lead the Texans back from 28 down in the 4th quarter against some team?
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

See You Next Wednesday wrote:Hell, just this year, didn't Sage Rosenfels, of all people almost lead the Texans back from 28 down in the 4th quarter against some team?
Yes. Against a Kerry Collins Tennessee offense that was firing on all cylinders that day....except for the fourth quarter. The Texans were down 35-7 early in the 4th quarter and then reeled off 29 unanswered points. Anything is possible. Just ask the '93 Oilers.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

jiminphilly wrote:if the Dolphins can put up 28 points against the Patriots, I think the Eagles can do the same.
Bad example….. Horribly bad.

New England was up 42-7 at the half and actually took the pedal off of the gas to rest some starters. Scrubs on D got sloppy, Cassell threw a pick 6, and things almost got interesting (42-21)

Belichick put Brady and other starters back in and you pussies have been crying about the score being run up ever since…
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

BSmack wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:Image
Better put some extra heavy duty springs on that bandwagon Pats fans.
Do they teach you people how to read up there in PA?
RevLimiter wrote:Oh, and before some of you ankle-biting fucktards get any wise ideas, this post of mine is IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER some kind of bandwagon-jumping exercise on my part. I'm only pointing out that whether you like them or not if you have any kind of football IQ higher than the weight of your mouse pad you HAVE to recognize that the '07 Patriots are in very good shape to go down as the greatest NFL team ever assembled if they run the table.
Read more, post WAY less bubba.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Felix wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:
Next. That's what it means. It means, my starters did their job, game over. No need to risk injury.
see, that's why you're not a coach in the NFL......would you like me to start listing all of the improbable comebacks in the history of the NFL......start with Buffalo/Tennessee-Houston and go from there.

Please do- The game you referenced was how long ago? The amount of 'miracle' comebacks compared to the amount of blowout wins will most likely be negligible. Since you offered to do the research, please list both. The fact is those comebacks provide for a great gimmic article on espn.com but in reality they are few are far between and a comeback loss against the Dolphins is far less an issue than Brady snapping an ACL and being out for the season
That's kinda implied when the scoreboard shows a team down by 3+ tds, right?
see the answer above.....
To me it's smart coaching. Why leave your starters in and risk injury in a meaningless 2nd half of a game?
let me ask you this.....lets suppose Belichick had pulled the starters and Buffalo came back on them? What then, throw the starters (who've been sitting on the bench) back out after they've had plenty of time to go cold, lose focus, etc. I'd venture to say there's a much higher probability of the starters being hurt under that scenario........

perish the thought that the defense might actually want to play defense....instead, lets have the Patriots just start taking a knee when they're up by 35 points....we'll call it "The Patriot Clause"

never said they should take a knee but last I checked, backup QB's know how to hand the ball off and in a game like that (or virtually any of their blow out wins), the last thing the Patriots should be worrying about is getting quick scores. They should be concerned about making the game as short as possible so no one important gets hurt. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend? If this were week 3 or 4 I wouldn't even be making an issue of this but the Patriots have the playoffs, a 1st round bye and home field advantage locked up. There is absolutely no reason for them to be risking injury this late in the season.
When Belichick pulls Brady (like he did in Miami) and then puts him back in (like he did in Miami) what does that say?
Because Miami was still trying to win the game......they were throwing long passes trying for the quick score.....now, had they gone into their "we're just going to run it" offense, I'm pretty sure Brady would have remained on the bench.....

When Brady was put back in the game, it was because Cassel through an INT with 11:35 left in the 4th quarter of a game in which the Patriots were winning 42-21. What the fuck was Cassel doing throwing the ball with a 3 TD lead in the 4th quarter? Why weren't the Patriots milking that clock to 5 seconds, snapping it and running the ball? What does Brady do when he comes back in the game? Throw that precious 6td pass to ensure a 4 TD win against the vaunted and winless Miami Dolpins. Seriously, Felix. When did you become such a fucken tard?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

jiminphilly wrote:if the Dolphins can put up 28 points against the Patriots, I think the Eagles can do the same.
Bad example….. Horribly bad.

New England was up 42-7 at the half and actually took the pedal off of the gas to rest some starters. Scrubs on D got sloppy, Cassell threw a pick 6, and things almost got interesting (42-21)

Belichick put Brady and other starters back in and you pussies have been crying about the score being run up ever since…
.. and what about the lack of 60 points against the vaunted Cleveland and Cincinnati defenses? Were they just taking it easy those game?

Things are not interseting in a 42-21 game when a backup QB is throwing the ball with 11 minutes left in a game instead of handing it off to run time off the clock. I could care less about the Patriots running up the score- I'm addressing the possible injury issue.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

jiminphilly wrote:Things are not interseting in a 42-21 game when a backup QB is throwing the ball with 11 minutes left in a game instead of handing it off to run time off the clock. I could care less about the Patriots running up the score- I'm addressing the possible injury issue.
Nice non sequitur… and here I thought we were discussing your myopic 14 pt prediction

When exactly did we move on to the topic of injuries?

Hello?

Tell ya what, bitch… Sig Bet for a week and you get Phillie +25
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RevLimiter wrote:...the '07 Patriots are in very good shape to go down as the greatest NFL team ever assembled if they run the table.
I don't think anyone's disputing that point. To this point thru 10 games, I'd have to say that they ARE indeed the best team I've ever seen.

Which is all the more reason why they don't have to prove anything to anybody by going for it on 4th and goal when they're already up 28 points.

At that point it just becomes "piling on", and if anything it sullies and detracts from the legacy they should be trying to leave behind, rather than enhancing it. Do the Pats really want to be remembered as bitter, unsportsmanlike douchebags? It would seem they do.

Really, this isn't all that difficult a concept to grasp. When the game is well in hand, show some class and call off the dogs.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Sig Bet for a week and you get Phillie +25
In- you pompous cunt. :D:D
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

jiminphilly wrote:
Please do- The game you referenced was how long ago? The amount of 'miracle' comebacks compared to the amount of blowout wins will most likely be negligible. Since you offered to do the research, please list both. The fact is those comebacks provide for a great gimmic article on espn.com but in reality they are few are far between and a comeback loss against the Dolphins is far less an issue than Brady snapping an ACL and being out for the season
I didn't offer to do anything of the kind......

I'll just put you down for the "New England should be penalized for being so good" category.....
never said they should take a knee but last I checked, backup QB's know how to hand the ball off and in a game like that (or virtually any of their blow out wins), the last thing the Patriots should be worrying about is getting quick scores. They should be concerned about making the game as short as possible so no one important gets hurt. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?
So you'd prefer that Belichick coach so as not to get any of his players hurt.......gotcha.....
If this were week 3 or 4 I wouldn't even be making an issue of this but the Patriots have the playoffs, a 1st round bye and home field advantage locked up.
no, they don't...
When Brady was put back in the game, it was because Cassel through an INT with 11:35 left in the 4th quarter of a game in which the Patriots were winning 42-21. What the fuck was Cassel doing throwing the ball with a 3 TD lead in the 4th quarter?
you'd have to take that up with Belichick......
Seriously, Felix. When did you become such a fucken tard?
When did you become such a bleeding vagina........
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

jiminphilly wrote:
Edit-

Heard a nice stat on the way home from work- since 1980 there have been 3 times where a team has been 20+ point underdogs. Against the spread they are 3-0. (the last time being Bengals vs 49ers a while back).

The Eagles have something like a .750 record when they are double digit dogs against the spread.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Felix wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:
I didn't offer to do anything of the kind......

opps sorry, you'r right.. you simply offered to link up one of those gimmick articles I mentioned. So in other words you have nothing.

I'll just put you down for the "New England should be penalized for being so good" category.....

make sure you find the quote or reference where I said that.
never said they should take a knee but last I checked, backup QB's know how to hand the ball off and in a game like that (or virtually any of their blow out wins), the last thing the Patriots should be worrying about is getting quick scores. They should be concerned about making the game as short as possible so no one important gets hurt. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?
So you'd prefer that Belichick coach so as not to get any of his players hurt.......gotcha.....

Isn't that your 3rd string RB is for? Running the ball to shorten the game on a blowout has been the most convential style of play in the NFL for quite some time. Bill wants to change that and he's going to get snake biten.

If this were week 3 or 4 I wouldn't even be making an issue of this but the Patriots have the playoffs, a 1st round bye and home field advantage locked up.

no, they don't...

For all intents and purposes, they do. The Steelers and Colts or AFC West are in no position to overtake the Pats for HFA. Although they would if the Pats lose Brady or Moss to injury..

When Brady was put back in the game, it was because Cassel through an INT with 11:35 left in the 4th quarter of a game in which the Patriots were winning 42-21. What the fuck was Cassel doing throwing the ball with a 3 TD lead in the 4th quarter?

you'd have to take that up with Belichick......

I'm pretty sure he's busy with some North Jersey house slunt right now. Or maybe he's watching a film or 2. Maybe later.

Seriously, Felix. When did you become such a fucken tard?

When did you become such a bleeding vagina........

seems like you've caught a case of the IKYABWAI virus
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Do you really think any of that is going to help your shit talking team on Sunday night??? Come and get your rings back boys. All you have to do is beat the Pats at home. Good luck with that.....
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Neely8 wrote:Do you really think any of that is going to help your shit talking team on Sunday night??? Come and get your rings back boys. All you have to do is beat the Pats at home. Good luck with that.....
What the hell are you talking about? I already said the Patriots were going to win... Ucant gave is giving me 25.. I would have been crazy not to take that bet, especially in light of the stats I produced.

Read more and post less Neely.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

jiminphilly wrote:
Neely8 wrote:Do you really think any of that is going to help your shit talking team on Sunday night??? Come and get your rings back boys. All you have to do is beat the Pats at home. Good luck with that.....
What the hell are you talking about? I already said the Patriots were going to win... Ucant gave is giving me 25.. I would have been crazy not to take that bet, especially in light of the stats I produced.

I am pretty sure Neely was referring to the comments made earlier this year by McNabb in relation to 'Tapegate' about getting their 'rings' back from the Superbowl in Jacksonville. I am sure BB & Co havent forgotten that he said it.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

jiminphilly wrote:

You posted stats about double digit dogs and they are 3-0 and blah blah blah. I asked if you really thought that past performances are going to help your team to not lose by more then 25? What other teams did has no bearing on how shitty the Eagles are. Not only do they suck, but then they decided to open up their yaps earlier this season and talk about how they should get their rings back. If you thought the Patriots ran it up before Sunday night then just be prepared. 55-17 is my score. It could be even worse if they really feel like it.....
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Neely8 wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:

You posted stats about double digit dogs and they are 3-0 and blah blah blah. I asked if you really thought that past performances are going to help your team to not lose by more then 25? What other teams did has no bearing on how shitty the Eagles are. Not only do they suck, but then they decided to open up their yaps earlier this season and talk about how they should get their rings back. If you thought the Patriots ran it up before Sunday night then just be prepared. 55-17 is my score. It could be even worse if they really feel like it.....
In all serious- is this the type of dribble you Pats fans are going to toss around the rest of the season?

In that case I'll resort to my typical philly fan behavior and cheer when brady goes down like Joe Theisman.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

jiminphilly wrote:
Neely8 wrote:
jiminphilly wrote: What the hell are you talking about? I already said the Patriots were going to win... Ucant gave is giving me 25.. I would have been crazy not to take that bet, especially in light of the stats I produced.

In all serious- is this the type of dribble you Pats fans are going to toss around the rest of the season?

In that case I'll resort to my typical philly fan behavior and cheer when brady goes down like Joe Theisman.

Ill expect an apology when my "dribble" becomes truth Sunday night.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

jiminphilly wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:
Edit-

Heard a nice stat on the way home from work- since 1980 there have been 3 times where a team has been 20+ point underdogs. Against the spread they are 3-0. (the last time being Bengals vs 49ers a while back).

The Eagles have something like a .750 record when they are double digit dogs against the spread.

Terrific stats. Very meaninful (btw -- 5 teams have been 20+ pt favorites since 80... so do I really believe your bullshit line about .750??) Not so much

Right now the line is at 23.5... when it's announced that MCNabb will miss this game, it break Pitt -24 NFL record in 76 against Tampa... oh by the way, Pitt covered 42-0.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

jiminphilly wrote:In all serious- is this the type of dribble you Pats fans are going to toss around the rest of the season?
Why analyze any Patriot games this year? The rest of the NFL is irrelevant. This type of double dribbling and traveling is all you can expect from me. Let's check out the early SB lines::

The LVSC has also released its early Super Bowl lines. New England is favored by 15 vs. Dallas, 17 vs. Green Bay, 20 vs. the N.Y. Giants, 21 vs. Seattle and 22 vs. the rest of the NFC field.

:lol:
upstart
Elwood

Post by upstart »

The Patriots had all their subs in early in the 4th quarter. This is the NFL and I think it is safe to say that kicking a field goal on those fourth downs would really have been rubbing it in and taking a knee would have truly been viewed as classless.

In the NFL they have chosen to have very small rosters for financial reasons. Every person on the roster has a specific role to play. This is not Pop Warner Football where you put little Johnny in at guard to get a few plays. Because of the small rosters, the NFL is made up of the best of the best in regards to football talent. The Bills were 5-4 and a feel good story in the NFL. here is how you stop a blowout, play some level of defense to stop the the other team from scoring at will.

In the NFL you get paid because you are considered an elite athlete. It is a league where there are no guaranteed contracts and very few players playing just to get in the game and take a few snaps. Almost evey special team player would like to be a starter and get the big bucks. It is a league based on game that is played only one way and that is full throttle. Teams who bitch about the score are usually have given up. Teams who bounce back, usually go on to become successful.
Three time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

jiminphilly wrote:
jiminphilly wrote: In- you pompous cunt. :D:D
Edit-

Terrific stats. Very meaninful (btw -- 5 teams have been 20+ pt favorites since 80... so do I really believe your bullshit line about .750??) Not so much.

When the eagles are double digit dogs they have a record of .750 or close to it, against the spread. My source, Marc Lawrence, was on a local radio station and he said since 1980 there have been 3 teams who were 20+ dogs and all 3 times the dog covered against the spread.

Right now the line is at 23.5... when it's announced that MCNabb will miss this game, it break Pitt -24 NFL record in 76 against Tampa... oh by the way, Pitt covered 42-0.

You gave me 25- McNabb isn't the most potent player on offense-Westbrook is.
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

jiminphilly wrote:You gave me 25- McNabb isn't the only player on offense-Westbrook is.
FTFY
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

jiminphilly wrote:
opps sorry, you'r right.. you simply offered to link up one of those gimmick articles I mentioned. So in other words you have nothing.
dude, I said there had been any number of improbable comebacks while you insist I was going to link you up to some list.....other posters have already noted several comebacks that have occurred this year.....
make sure you find the quote or reference where I said that.
then what point are you arguing here.....this started out as a friendly discussion about what some perceive to be New England running up scores, while I've contended it is the responsibility of the other team to stop them.....now you're getting pissy because Belichick is apparently not running his team to your standards.....
Isn't that your 3rd string RB is for? Running the ball to shorten the game on a blowout has been the most convential style of play in the NFL for quite some time. Bill wants to change that and he's going to get snake biten.
fuck bud, I don't know what Belichick is thinking....why the fuck would I know why he keeps Brady in.....all I've contended throughout this thread is that there is no such thing as "running up the score" in the NFL.....these are professional athletes that make huge dollars for playing a game....right now, NE is playing it better than anybody....

For all intents and purposes, they do.
but they don't
seems like you've caught a case of the IKYABWAI virus
uh I'm not the one that started hurling invectives here bud....
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

jiminphilly wrote:When the eagles are double digit dogs they have a record of .750 or close to it, against the spread. My source, Marc Lawrence, was on a local radio station and he said since 1980 there have been 3 teams who were 20+ dogs and all 3 times the dog covered against the spread.
A quick google search will reveal your "source" is full of shit. The number is 5 teams since 1980. Again, if he can't even get that right, why in the fuck should we believe his .750 line? Do you follow? Or should I draw you a picture?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:.....all I've contended throughout this thread is that there is no such thing as "running up the score" in the NFL.....
There would be a VERY long list of dominating NFL teams that could have taken a similar approach to the one NE is currently taking.

But they didn't keep the foot on the accelerator to unnecessarily 'prove' some point.
There was just no reason for it.

They understood that 37-6 is as good as 51-6.

They're running up the scores, Felix.
Everyone is keen to it.

Am I particularly bothered by it?
No.

Do I think something 'bad' is gonna happen to NE because of their approach?
Yes, probably.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

To all of you, Patriot Haters (errh Soccer Moms), Wake the Fuck up!
The Patriots incredible display of Supremacy is what the NFL needed!

It's time for all other teams to STEP UP their game and TRY to get to the Patriot's level.
It's not time for the Patriots to start "being nice" and sitting on the ball for 3 quarters because
80% of your teams are unable to compete.

NFL Fan, do you want your team to be better or do you want the Patriots to be worse?

In football you wear a helmet
In football you recieve a penalty.
Football has hitting, clipping, spearing, piling on, personal fouls, late hitting, and unnecessary roughness.
Football is played in any kind of weather: Rain, snow, sleet, hail, fog...can't see the game, don't know if there is a game going on; mud on the field...can't read the uniforms, can't read the yard markers, the struggle will continue!

In football, the object is for the quarterback, otherwise known as the field general, to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the defense by hitting his recievers with deadly accuracy in spite of the blitz, even if he has to use the shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs, he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack that punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy's defensive line.

_ George C.

Come on, Soccer Moms!!

NFL Players get paid to win, plain and simple.
If you let your players 'ease up' on the other team just to save their feelings, you belong in little league, where everyone gets a trophy...Plus, your players are not playing up to the level they NEED to be playing at for an ENTIRE 60 min. It has nothing to do with 'running up the score', or 'character'(ridiculous at best). To me, the head coach is simply keeping his players at the level they need to be on...

You should all be pushing your teams to STEP IT UP, instead of begging the PATRIOTS to take a knee!!

When you watch a boxing match, do you say, "He shouldn't hit so hard! Someone might get hurt!"
Do you want Hockey Players to stop checking or making any contact with the other players?
Should Tiger Woods stop trying his best after the 13th hole?
Should the US let Al Qaida have a "day off" to rest?

The NFL is a Man's league! Played by men. If you can't handle it.. Don't watch!!

Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.
George S. Patton, (attributed)
US general (1885 - 1945)
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

poptart wrote:They're running up the scores, Felix.
Everyone is keen to it.

No.

Yes, probably.
Agreed.

Hell, my team is the one that just got put through the shredder that is the NE Patriots and I'm not pissing and moaning over it. Nor has there been ANY public pissing or moaning from the Bills about running up the score on Sunday night - I've seen nothing in the papers, nothing in team interviews, and heard nothing on local sports radio, including when players (e.g. Anthony Hargrove, who'll I'll get back to in a minute) call in to local stations.

The Bills were just not in the same class as the Pats. Period. I don't like it, but I knew going in that even if the Bills played their "A" game, even if Lynch were able to play, that the Pats would probably still beat them handily. My team is rebuilding. I know that, as do most knowledgable Bills fans. The losses to Dungver and Dallas were, in my opinion, FAR more devastating than the Pats loss because the Bills were absolutely good enough to win in those games...until the last minute, where they broke my heart and gave those games away.

The Patriots are head and shoulders above the competition and I'll grant that some idiot player (possibly with the prior approval of a coach) is going to target Brady for serious injury not in the spirit of sportsmanship, but out of sheer childish frustration. If someone DID succeed, that'd be a damned shame and everyone rooting for it is a pathetic loser.

What kind of whiney little bitch would brag in years to come about how "cool" it was that arguably the best team that the NFL had seen in years got targeted for a cheap shot because the other team(s) couldn't outcoach Belicheck or outplay the guys on the field? I don't care that my team or your team had "the score run up on them." At least the Pats scored fairly. Responding to their legally-generated points with an illegal cheap shot is the utter depth of poor sportsmanship and classlessness. Don't want to lose by a huge margin? PLAY FUCKING BETTER. Period. My team got their ass stomped because THEY DID NOT PLAY WELL ENOUGH ON EITHER/ANY SIDE OF THE BALL. I have no love for the Patriots, but now that I've seen that my Bills couldn't beat the Pats either time this season, I'm pulling for Brady et al. to break the '72 Dolphins' record so that the one team and set of fans I absolutely hate most can shut the fuck up and go away.

The fact that Mr. "Might Makes Right" (mvscal) is in the whiney bitch contingent is a surprise. I would have though that he, of all people, would have a serious appreciation for the steamrolling the Pats put on teams. I guess his favorite philosophy gets left on the curb when it comes to his team not being on the "might" side.

Now, back to Hargrove - he called in to a local radio show (103.3 in Buffalo) on Monday and responded to reports that Brady was whining to officials about some of the licks Hargrove put on him. Hargrove confirmed that Brady was bitching about how hard he was being legally hit and claimed that at one point Brady had actually said "They can't do that to me!" It may have just been some defensive player talking shit for publicity, but if true, it confirms that Brady is as big a fucking prima donna as many folks have suspected. Unfortunately for Brady, if the vengeful sentiments in this thread are any indication of how the players feel, he's going to be bitching to refs a hell of a lot more...which won't exactly help his situation...
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:
poptart wrote:They're running up the scores, Felix.
Everyone is keen to it.

No.

Yes, probably.
Agreed.

Hell, my team is the one that just got put through the shredder that is the NE Patriots and I'm not pissing and moaning over it. Nor has there been ANY public pissing or moaning from the Bills about running up the score on Sunday night - I've seen nothing in the papers, nothing in team interviews, and heard nothing on local sports radio, including when players (e.g. Anthony Hargrove, who'll I'll get back to in a minute) call in to local stations.

The Bills were just not in the same class as the Pats. Period. I don't like it, but I knew going in that even if the Bills played their "A" game, even if Lynch were able to play, that the Pats would probably still beat them handily. My team is rebuilding. I know that, as do most knowledgable Bills fans. The losses to Dungver and Dallas were, in my opinion, FAR more devastating than the Pats loss because the Bills were absolutely good enough to win in those games...until the last minute, where they broke my heart and gave those games away.

The Patriots are head and shoulders above the competition and I'll grant that some idiot player (possibly with the prior approval of a coach) is going to target Brady for serious injury not in the spirit of sportsmanship, but out of sheer childish frustration. If someone DID succeed, that'd be a damned shame and everyone rooting for it is a pathetic loser.

What kind of whiney little bitch would brag in years to come about how "cool" it was that arguably the best team that the NFL had seen in years got targeted for a cheap shot because the other team(s) couldn't outcoach Belicheck or outplay the guys on the field? I don't care that my team or your team had "the score run up on them." At least the Pats scored fairly. Responding to their legally-generated points with an illegal cheap shot is the utter depth of poor sportsmanship and classlessness. Don't want to lose by a huge margin? PLAY FUCKING BETTER. Period. My team got their ass stomped because THEY DID NOT PLAY WELL ENOUGH ON EITHER/ANY SIDE OF THE BALL. I have no love for the Patriots, but now that I've seen that my Bills couldn't beat the Pats either time this season, I'm pulling for Brady et al. to break the '72 Dolphins' record so that the one team and set of fans I absolutely hate most can shut the fuck up and go away.

The fact that Mr. "Might Makes Right" (mvscal) is in the whiney bitch contingent is a surprise. I would have though that he, of all people, would have a serious appreciation for the steamrolling the Pats put on teams. I guess his favorite philosophy gets left on the curb when it comes to his team not being on the "might" side.

Now, back to Hargrove - he called in to a local radio show (103.3 in Buffalo) on Monday and responded to reports that Brady was whining to officials about some of the licks Hargrove put on him. Hargrove confirmed that Brady was bitching about how hard he was being legally hit and claimed that at one point Brady had actually said "They can't do that to me!" It may have just been some defensive player talking shit for publicity, but if true, it confirms that Brady is as big a fucking prima donna as many folks have suspected. Unfortunately for Brady, if the vengeful sentiments in this thread are any indication of how the players feel, he's going to be bitching to refs a hell of a lot more...which won't exactly help his situation...

BRAVO!!!! RACK MTLR!! That is a good read. Props to you Mike for being, in my opinion, the best poster in this forum. Very levelheaded and knowledgable. I had no desire to call you out for this game. I know you knew what was up. Your team is well on their way to where they need to be. I look forward to many division battles in the near future. Lord knows the Jets and Fins are a LONG way away. Bills and Pats for a while I see.....
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:Hargrove confirmed that Brady was bitching about how hard he was being legally hit and claimed that at one point Brady had actually said "They can't do that to me!" It may have just been some defensive player talking shit for publicity, but if true, it confirms that Brady is as big a fucking prima donna as many folks have suspected.
The only thing Brady questioned was a knee to the back by Hargrove well after he went into a slide. The QB is considered down the second his knee touches on a forward slide. You don’t have to “touch him” for him to “be down”, nor do you have to bury your own knee in his back on a late hit. Way to take a quote out of context, bitch. “They can’t do that to me” is his way of telling the officials they should have called a penalty. Not “they can’t touch me, I am Tom-Fucking Brady” as your shit-laden post suggests. Happy Thanksgiving. Go fuck yourself.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

mvscal wrote:It shouldn't be a surprise. Football is a GAME.
At the pro level, it’s considered a job. Perhaps if your whining franchise of bitter cunts took the game more seriously, they wouldn’t be the laughingstock of the league.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Way to take a quote out of context, bitch.
I certainly hope that by "bitch," you were referring the the sizable athlete who made the claim Monday afternoon on a Buffalo radio station and not me.

If you were calling me "bitch," well, then nice job on misdirecting your bile and showing a serious need for anger management and reading comprehension. I specifically qualified my relaying the incident by stating that Hargrove may well have been talking shit, but that if he were accurate, then Brady was a wuss. I still stand by that.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:“They can’t do that to me” is his way of telling the officials they should have called a penalty. Not “they can’t touch me, I am Tom-Fucking Brady” as your shit-laden post suggests. Happy Thanksgiving. Go fuck yourself.
Is your deep-seated, unrequited man-love for Brady such that you're completely blinded by any perceived criticism of him? Take a deep breath and re-read what I wrote.

All of it.

Including the part in which I agree with you and the others who don't have a problem with the Pats "running up" scores.

Including the part in which I state that if teams don't want to be on the wrong end of a lopsided score, they must play better.

Including the part in which I refer to the deliberate, almost joyful calls for injuring Brady as poor sportsmanship, pathetic, and classless.

Now, do you STILL consider my post to be "shit-laden," just because I state that IF Hargrove's claim was fully accurate (which you are disputing), then Brady is a prima donna?

If so, then feel free go fuck yourself, doubtlessly while staring longingly at the glossy 8x10 of Tommy B...

Jeez, even Marino's groupies weren't this touchy.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Yeah, you step to the Lab Rat at your own peril. I’m inclined to believe that that Brady is a prima donna, much like certain of his fans.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote: It shouldn't be a surprise. Football is a GAME. It shouldn't be necessary to point that out, but evidently there are quite a few people here and in the Asterisks' locker room who have completely lost sight of that fact.
Sure it's a game, but don't lose sight of the fact that it's also a billion dollar business....with millions and millions riding on what teams and players do or don't do.....
Games are supposed to be played in a sporting manner with respect for your opponent. If you can't or won't do that, you have no business playing.
Sure, games are supposed to be, but that's where the business of football kind of throws a monkey wrench into the works….I’d expect that if Ford Motor Co. or General Motors were to come up with a plan that would crush Honda and Toyota into sawdust, they’d avail themselves of that plan at the first opportunity and wouldn't bat an eyelash if they could bankrupt those Japanese automakers....point of fact, I expect the GM and Ford CEO's would be dancing in the streets…

why you choose to view football differently from every other billion dollar industry is beyond me……
The bottom line is that the Asterisks are and forever will be a pitiful disgrace to the sport. Their talent, their records and their rings mean absolutely nothing.
To you, maybe….to me (and to the majority of NFL fans) they are simply an incredibly talent laden team that's playing at a level I've never seen before—they maybe the best we’ve ever seen…..