Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Screw_Michigan

bonds indicted on perjury, obstruction charges

Post by Screw_Michigan »

right off the wire

URGENT
Barry Bonds indicted on perjury, obstruction charges
Eds: ADDS background. Moving on general news and sports services.
By PAUL ELIAS
Associated Press Writer
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Barry Bonds was indicted Thursday on perjury and obstruction of justice charges, culminating a four-year federal investigation into whether he lied under oath to a grand jury looking into steroid use by elite athletes.
The indictment came three months after the 43-year-old Bonds passed Hank Aaron to become baseball’s career home run leader. Bonds parted ways with the San Francisco Giants after the season.
While Bonds was chasing Aaron, a grand jury was working behind closed doors to put the finishing touches on the long-rumored indictment.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

BIATCH!!

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

That should end his career. Good riddance.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

It also ends any chance of him getting into the HOF.

Good riddance, indeed.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

How fucking stupid does one have to be to commit perjury (allegedly) after having been given immunity by the government?

What a fucking dumbshit. But hey -- this is the best news I've heard in a long time.

Rot in prison, cheating scumbag.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mister Bushice wrote:That should end his career. Good riddance.
He could always go play for the Cheatriots.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:That should end his career. Good riddance.
He could always go play for the Cheatriots.
Yeah, right about the time you quit posting like a mewling dumbfuck.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I thought Paul was the one that gave up on the Queefs and switched to the Cheats. You too, snaggle? Color me not shocked.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

the best part of the whole scenario was on espn about 20 minutes after the announcement (WAR cable tv at work). they had this ATL JC reporter on and he was absolutely cranking out all the softballs tossed his way. "how would you vote if you had a hall of fame vote?"

"well, it's not an if, because i DO have a hall of fame vote, and i would NOT vote for barry because personal conduct IS in the hall of fame clause, and he's a disgraceful, lying piece of shit who personifies everything that is wrong with sports.

"fuck him."

RACK