enigma

World Series MVP Call it!!

Post by Jack »

It may be early....
things might change ..

but I say we have Co MVPs this year.

Jacoby Ellsbury and Dustin Pedroia.

Other Possibles..

Beckett- Incredible MVP of Game 1 but only pitched 1 game.
Papelbonn- deserving but not MVP.
Youkilis- deserving in 2 games
Manny deserving in Game 1 but not the MVP of game 1.
Ortiz- deserving in Game 1 and contribution in game 3 but not the MVP.
Lowell - deserving in Game 1 & 2 but others stole the limelight.

without Pedroia and Ellsbury this series might be interesting.

Pedroia started the series off in Game 1 with a Home Run and was key in Game 3.
Ellsbury has been key in all 3 games and won a Taco for everyone in America.

Jacoby Ellsbury and Dustin Pedroia-- co MVPs.

Anyone think differently?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

For the sake of America, please just end it tomorrow...the Rockies have definitely looked like World Series virgins that they are. Great story to get there but they've simply run into a superior opponent.

For MVP, I'd go with Pedroia...set the tone for the series with a lead-off home run and had another strong game tonight. Ellsbury has had just the one good game...he was hitting just .143 going into the game tonight. Lowell would probably be my second pick.

When this series ends, I wouldn't point to an individual performance...I'd just reflect on how the Sox fought off elimination like in 2004 and carried their momentum into the World Series and made mince meat out of another team playing that was red hot going into the series. This once again shows it doesn't pay off to sweep the LCS...am I right, TigerFan? :oops:
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

if it goes 5 games, which I doubt, gotta give it to beck who will shut them down. if it goes 4, ask me again in about 20 hrs, but, at the moment pedroia leads the balloting over lowell, but, it's close.

ellsbury had a great game last night, but, was kinda cool earlier.

btw, tito, who finally pulled your head outta your ass and had you pencil that speedy indian into the number one slot in the lineup. with his wheels, he shoulda been in that spot for awhile now.

rack the new kids on the RSN block. both of them homegrown, I think. you are gonna see ALOT of those two over the next few years. If theo has half a brain, he will lock both of them up with big contracts....yesterday.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

MVP should be shared by the players who put the most runs on the board for the Red Sox: The Rockies' Pitching Staff.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

mike lowell settled it with that late inning blast. hands down, mike is the new mr october. wouldn't trade him straight up for king of june, alex.

but, it would be funny to see the sox sign him anyway, just to speed up george's imminent trip to hell.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:mike lowell settled it with that late inning blast. hands down, mike is the new mr october. wouldn't trade him straight up for king of june, alex.

but, it would be funny to see the sox sign him anyway, just to speed up george's imminent trip to hell.
A-Rod playing half his games in Fenway would be absolutely sick. He could hit 60+ with that short left field at Fenway. Not to mention being sandwiched between Manny and Pappi in the order. Of course could hit hit worth a damn in October?

Probably not.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

I do not want A-Rod on the Red Sox, even if the Yankees paid us $5 million/ year to take him.

Now, if they were to pay me directly, that would be a different story.

But, NO!!! I do not want A-Rod on my team.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Lowell was a good choice...had a solid first three games and then scored twice and hit a homer last night. I don't think there was a single performance that stood out over others but Lowell is probably one of several guys that deserve that award. When it's a sweep or a one-sided series...the winning team is going to have a few guys who had an MVP-worthy series. It would be ironic if the Sox let him walk after the year he just had.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

the sox had better tie him up for atleast 5 years. yeah, he's not the youngest guy in the league, but, he is absolutely fukking nails when it counts. and he has been since he got there.

before this series if you asked who do you want to hand the bat to when you really need it, I'd have said papi, hands down. not any more. lowell is the man now.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

The REAL Red Sox MVP:

4 critical, game-winning runs in 2 consecutive WS games
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

32 homers in pitcher's park.

21 homers in tiniest park.

Nice going, Suddenly Slim.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...