Fire Again...

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

I must've been the only person without a fucking Spongebob bandana wrapped around my face today.

I had some grocery shopping to do, didn't think I'd be out that long.

The sun is hot pink. It's cool, cause it matches my socks.

No bigass "mountain" explosions to report, but I did have a carne asada burrito about an hour ago.

(I'll keep you posted)

Glad to hear the So-Cals are still "hangin' tough".

Speaking of NKOTB, where the FACK is Rayduh J.?!
War Wagon wrote:There is a God and my tomato garden is proof of that.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Raider James was forcibly evacuated by the gov't. His excessive hair gel was deemed the accelerant that started the fire.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

cinderella_undercover wrote:I must've been the only person without a fucking Spongebob bandana wrapped around my face today.
Oh, so THAT's what those are for. And here I thought So-Cal got it's own chapter of Hamas.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Dinsdale wrote:Whatever, pussies.

Let me know when a bigass mountain explodes.
:lol:
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Unfortunately the fire crews have cut off my plan for Mikey's rescue. You would be surprised how fast I can wheel a 28 ft UHAUL truck into his driveway and pack him up. I can even deliver to the east coast if requested. I still have your back Mikey....
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Hard to imagine living under a sky like THIS everyday, sup Riverside?

(taken at 4:15pm)

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Y2K wrote:Unfortunately the fire crews have cut off my plan for Mikey's rescue. You would be surprised how fast I can wheel a 28 ft UHAUL truck into his driveway and pack him up. I can even deliver to the east coast if requested. I still have your back Mikey....
I've heard that a Y2K Road Trip™ is an experience not to be missed.
klop01
Fuckin' Noob

Post by klop01 »

Hey Mikey – I’m in Ramona in the country estates and didn’t evacuate. No wind here and very calm. Not many people around and sitting outside watching the fire planes heading down south. Stuck in Ramona due to road closures. Hang in there.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

cinderella_undercover wrote:Hard to imagine living under a sky like THIS everyday, sup Riverside?

(taken at 4:15pm)

Pretty surreal. Which planet and solar system did you take that pic from?

Seriously, I hope things get back to normal for you spoiled rotten, smugly arrogant, weather pussies in short order.

Good Luck.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

That was taken from Planet Angie.

The weather is always rad here.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Shouldn't this be in the "best places to live" thread ? Seriously, good luck all you SoCal'rs, I'll take a hurricane anyday over that shit...

RJ's logic in 3, 2, 1...
Go Bucs, Gators
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

klop01 wrote:Hey Mikey – I’m in Ramona in the country estates and didn’t evacuate. No wind here and very calm. Not many people around and sitting outside watching the fire planes heading down south. Stuck in Ramona due to road closures. Hang in there.
I think you had it worse than we did. The fire here never got closer than a couple of miles from my house, at least so far. I've heard that there have been some flare ups in your area. Stay safe...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

There's a dragon with matches
That's loose on the town
Takes a whole pail of water
Just to cool him down
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
klop01
Fuckin' Noob

Post by klop01 »

Thanks. Still calm here and where I’m at all is still good. Definitely an improvement from last night, but am still keeping a close eye on everything. No water here, but still have power, for now.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Nice sun pic, BTW, CU. Mine isn't nearly as good...

...and it was almost blood red to the naked eye.

Here's a closeup of my pool this afternoon.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Toddowen wrote:This fire sucks. Page 2 was virtually unreadable in this thread because of all the oversized pictures and having to scroll back and forth to read any commentary. I can't remember when it's been this bad.
Cliff Notes:

Dinsdale said everybody was wrong and he was right. Some California posters chimed in about their impending doom, while others remained positive. And I'm pretty sure mvscal called somebody a fucking moron.
klop01
Fuckin' Noob

Post by klop01 »

Not to rile up the east cost haters, but my pool is now a black bottom pool with the ash and with no water to clean the filter, it'll stay like that for a few days.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I think this pic is from early yesterday, looking north on I-15. Pala Mesa golf resort at the lower center is pretty much destroyed from what I hear. The avo groves may still be there.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

PSUFAN wrote:Image

Hmmm.... I need to choose a material to cover my roof with.

There's several factors I must consider when choosing the roofing for my $700,000 house, but I think that being in an area that's proven prone to wildfires, that should weigh heavily into my decision.

So, keeping these things in mind, since they're all out of cedar shake, I guess I'll go with the comp.

Californians are some funny motherfuckers... unintentionally, of course.

Hey, want in on a little secret that some people figured out quite a while back, Calis?

This is going to sound crazy, but people who live in wildfire zones in other parts of the world often go with the fire-resistant roofing materials.

Crazy shit, eh?

And I'm going to be motherfucking PISSED if one federal dollor goes to rebuild that shit... A) someone show me where in the Constitution it says the fed has such authority, and B) If YOU don't give a fuck if your house burns down, why should I even care, much less pay for it?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

What do you think those roofs are built from?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:What do you think those roofs are built from?

The ones in front look like comp.

The ones further back appear to be synthetic tile...

But it's hard to tell from the pics.

I was really just looking to kick the Calitards while they were down.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Cedar shakes have been outlawed in most California Counties for about 10 years now. People can use the pre-code escape route for a reroof and be stupid twice or repair their exsisting shake roof. It's been code here for about 12 years on all new construction. My house built in 87 had cedar shake and I hated that dangerous POS. It was replaced very shortly after a house close-by caught fire and I watched the roof explode and throw burning embers my direction. Cedar Shake roofing is complete shit.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

No matter the shingle composition, always go with the square-head deck screws.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Y2K wrote:Cedar Shake roofing is complete shit.

I think a lot of localities here have outlawed cedar. Although I'm opposed to laws to protect the terminally stupid... confuse kindling for roofing material, and you deserve what's coming. Asinine laws, since I'm pretty sure decisions on roofing materials should be between a homeowner and their insurance company... call me a "free market addict" like that.

But anyhoo, cedar is very quickly disappearing around here. Shit has always been readily available and relatively cheap, since I can drive right to the little redneck cedar shake factory and buy it straight from the tweeker. Could probably trade some meth for the shakes, but I've never really explored that option.

People smartening up about it is probably a good thing, though, casues damnnnnn, it sure seems like I don't see nearly as much Western Red Cedar in the woods as I once did.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

socal wrote:No matter the shingle composition, always go with the square-head deck screws.

I think "NOW" would be an excellent time for any and all SoCals to shut the fuck up about cedar/redwood/mahogany decks, eh?

If you're unfamiliar with them yet still choose to comment, it makes you an idiot. If you ARE familiar with them... you're looking like a pretty massive fucking idiot right about now.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

call me a "free market addict" like that.
A couple years later they outlawed Wood Burning Masonry or metal fireplaces without permits ($$$)
below 2000 Ft.

You can imagine that went over quite well for our company...

20 or 30 customs a year..... then 2.........

edit to add: but oddly there's no restrictions on a Backyard Fire Pit
Last edited by Y2K on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote: And I'm going to be motherfucking PISSED if one federal dollor goes to rebuild that shit...
As opposed to spending more on the cesspool that is New Orleans, I'd gladly divert my meager portion towards an area that actually contributes to American prosperity.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Dinsdale wrote:
socal wrote:No matter the shingle composition, always go with the square-head deck screws.

I think "NOW" would be an excellent time for any and all SoCals to shut the fuck up about cedar/redwood/mahogany decks, eh?

If you're unfamiliar with them yet still choose to comment, it makes you an idiot. If you ARE familiar with them... you're looking like a pretty massive fucking idiot right about now.
By that logic shouldn't, all U & L'ers shut the fuck up about everything they're unfamiliar with?

'Cept you, Dins.

:lol:
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote:
As opposed to spending more on the cesspool that is New Orleans, I'd gladly divert my meager portion towards an area that actually contributes to American prosperity.
Yes, what a wonderful oidea Congress came up with by warping the meaning of "provide for the general welfare"... take money from california, the most populated state in the country, and the state with by far the most money, and divert it to Louisiana and other such places, without any actual elected representative having any say in it... genius, and ohhhh so American.

Of course, if Americans aren't taxed at an exhorbitant rate, they've time and time again proven themselves to be the most generous, caring society in human history, which was so well illustrated by the difference in response effectiveness between PRIVATE CHARITIES, funded by PRIVATE DONATIONS in the aftermath of Katrina. But give BIG GOVERNMENT a chance to fuck it up, skim off money for their special interests, and just make a mockery of the management in general, and they'll put their "abilities" on display.

The problem with FEMA and all other such bullshit, arguably unconstitutional federal programs, is that people are fooled into thinking the money the government has taken from them is sitting at the ready, and will be used in the most effecient manner to help disaster victims. After Katrina, it would appear that Americans' money went to enrich some trailer manufacturers, and some pet pork barrel shit.

Serious question for all of you -- if the federal government reduced taxes, for the specific purpose of abolishing FEMA (and I'm talking a noticable reduction in your payroll taxes, not some token polispeak telling you that it happened, since you see no discrenable evidence of it)...

Would you be willing to give generously to private charities, based on A) the fact the government would no longer be providing their worthless emergency management, B) How much more effective the privates were than the government bodies in recent disaster, C) The fact you'd now have more disposably income, to spend as YOU saw fit, and D) A sense of moral imperative, based on the fact that the California government would be grossly overloaded by emergency response, and it would be up to the rest of us to help out our fellow Americans?

Bear in mind the freaking amazing volume of both money and material support Americans gave when the tsunami hit SE Asia.

Just some food for thought. BIG GOVERNMENT doesn't seem to solve much, but it sure seems to cost a bunch. Helping people in need is a basic human function, and has been for a looooong time. Yet the government has relieved you of your moral duties, and sent you a bill for doing so. Yup -- you've been billed, yet again, to not think for yourself, and you paid someone to remove your ability to decide what to do with your own money.
Mile-Hi T
Elwood

Post by Mile-Hi T »

Burn, Cali..burn. Couldn't happen to a better state and group of people.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Mile-Hi T wrote:Burn, Cali..burn. Couldn't happen to a better state and group of people.
You better "knock on some wood" there Grizzly Adams because Karma and Al Gore's Climate Armageddon can be a real bitch.

Being buried in 30 ft of snow with no power for weeks could really suck.

Ya never know?.... Stock up on warm blankets

just sayin.........
Last edited by Y2K on Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

Mile-Hi T wrote:Burn, Cali..burn. Couldn't happen to a better state and group of people.
Wow some people just hold a grudge forever. Let it go already. http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_7112334
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:What do you think those roofs are built from?

The ones in front look like comp.

The ones further back appear to be synthetic tile...

But it's hard to tell from the pics.

I was really just looking to kick the Calitards while they were down.
Well you're wrong, so drink from the cup of shut the fuck up. Mikey is correct. If you had something other than shit for brains on topics you don't know dick about, you'd just agree, but that never happens.

So go right ahead and begin the spin. It's what I come here for.

Dance, Monkey, Dance.
warren

Post by warren »

I know this doen't effect the price of tea in China, but I do apologizo to So Cal's, I made some pretty desparaging and insensitive comments about your situation without grasping the scope of the problem.

I don't watch a lot of telly so I was oblivious to your plight. I'm now understand what a cataclysmic event is going on and wish you guys the best under these circumstances.

I haven't read much of this thread but that Rocky Mountain High moron needs to jump off of one the teeners for his assinine remarks.

The only good thing to come out of this is that my Texans team will likely play the Bolts in a neutral location due to all the evacuees at Qualcom so they'll probably only lose by two touchdowns this week.

Hang in there people, I can't imagine want ya'll are going through, all I know is you're all welcome in Texas unlike another certain massive group of refugees that simply refuse to leave until they've robbed every liquor store in town.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mikey wrote:Lots of smoke though. I'm thinking about getting a few pork butts and just leaving them in the back yard
if we have to take off. When I come back I can just drop them into a crock pot with some of IndyFrisco's
sauce. Wildfire party!
Rack! :lol:
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Good luck, CA folks.

btw, my dad is staying here right now:

http://www.ljshoreshotel.com/
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

My brother stays there when he comes out. Nice spot.

Does your dad have any room on his floor?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Probably, but no phone or net access currently.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

warren wrote:all I know is you're all welcome in Texas

You might wanna put your current sympathies for their plight aside for just a moment, and think a little more about what you just said.

Sin,
Oregon
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

warren wrote:all I know is you're all welcome in Texas
Didn't you learn your lesson?

Sin,
Katrina Refu(ckin)gees
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...