fix
Eternal Scobode

Leafs cancer stricken

Post by fix »

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

From the article...
"It is highly treatable and I have begun taking a pill on a daily basis that has proven to be very effective in controlling this cancer," Blake said in the statement. "The prognosis, and certainly the expectations of my physician, myself and my family, is that I will live a long, full and normal life."

Blake is in no immediate danger and shouldn't miss any playing time, according to team doctors. He has already started treatment.

"This situation will not impact my ability to live my life as I otherwise would, and will not affect my ability to perform at my highest level for the Toronto Maple Leafs," Blake said. "I'm looking forward to my first season with the Leafs and helping our club compete for the Stanley Cup."

Sounds like he's going to be okay but that is still a major scare whenever you hear about some having to do with cancer or leukemia. Bill Walsh recently passed away due to leukemia, if I'm not mistaken.

All the best to him and his family...
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Take any prognosis made by the Leafs team doctors with a grain of salt.. these are the same team doctors that Larry Pleau's coffee boy (JFJ)hired and who failed to properly diagnose a simple sports hernia...
Joey Moss
2005 SNC Champion

Post by Joey Moss »

So the critics were right. He would bring a cancer into the Leafs dressing room.

WTF is it with hockey players and cancer. Lemieux, Mullan (?), Koivu, Kessle, & now Blake....
GET-ZKY!!!!
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Best wishes to Jason for a speedy recovery, the Kings gave up on him way too soon.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Joey Moss wrote:WTF is it with hockey players and cancer. Lemieux, Mullan (?), Koivu, Kessle, & now Blake....

Are you thinking of John Cullen?
Joey Moss
2005 SNC Champion

Post by Joey Moss »

Shoalzie wrote:
Joey Moss wrote:WTF is it with hockey players and cancer. Lemieux, Mullan (?), Koivu, Kessle, & now Blake....

Are you thinking of John Cullen?
Could be. I can't remember. All I remember is that I believe he's might be an ex-flame and/or bruin and possiboly american... I honestly can't remember, hence the ?
GET-ZKY!!!!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Did Joe Mullen have cancer too?