Jellystone, here we come.

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

The mailing address for the resort is Depoe Bay, but it is actually to the north a few miles. Sadly, this beach ain't worth a shit to walk on. Kind of like walking on gravel where you tend to sink down and the walking is tough and painful. Every morning there would be this chubby chick down there with a golf club fashioned into a scoop so she could pick up small rocks. She said she made jewelry...

There were these large rocks just off the beach where the waves would crash up on them during high tide...but overall this beach was meant to "look at" rather than walk on. Many times I heard kids telling their parents, "It hurts to walk on this sand..."

On Wed. and Sundays the resort serves prime rib. I had ate fish for a couple of days and when Wed. rolled along I tried the small cut. Just sat at the bar, had a cup of decent chowder, prime rib, baker and about a half dozen beers. Watched the whales... I also noticed EVERY day that large groupings of kelp seemed to linger in the bay just off the shoreline. Strewn along this stretch was kelp and those bulbous things that kids freak out at. I asked the bartender if the kelp is just a "seasonal" occurrence or did it happen all the time. He said, "the cove keeps that shit here all the time, unfortunately."

So for Mikey and the other Californians who want to travel up here...you might want to forget it. Nothing to really see here except bulbous kelp balls and crap sand. The water is way colder than your SoCal waters. Hell, we just had a couple of kids rip-tided out to sea just the other day. One made it back and the other is Orca food.

And like Dins said, we don't really have sun babes up here. Just chunky chicks with no dental insurance. Pretty sad deal, really.

Rip City
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Luther wrote:we don't really have sun babes up here.

Werd.

Sin
High Rocks
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

Risa wrote:Out of wedlock is not the same as a man not being around. It just means that, for whatever reason, two people are not married to one another.
The result is still a little bastard.

People want to "play house" without having to actually make a legally and morally binding promise before the law, their friends and family, and/or their God.

The offspring are the ones who suffer for the selfishness of BOTH parents - the father who won't stick around, and the mother who wouldn't practice self-discipline and/or birth control. Dumping it all on the man is sexist. The woman has the ability to limit access to her eggs. BOTH DNA donors are EQUALLY at fault.
Risa wrote:Mama has a man -- or several men.
Slut.

Incubator for a bastard factory.

Screw all the hand-wringing, emotional psychobabble. Pounding out little bastards without marrying the sperm donor and then whining to "society" that it's OUR responsibility to clean up the mess she helped make (via WIC, food stamps, housing assistance, welfare checks, free/reduced breakfats and lunch at school) is exactly the kind of selfish, pre-adolescent idiocy that is now endemic to certain portions of society. Rewarding irresponsible behavior at the taxpayer's expense. LBJ's "War on Poverty" was a fucking colossal failure, thanks to the personal laziness and greed of the recipients of the freebies.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Roach wrote:
smackaholic wrote:the lodgepole pines are filling in quite nicely. Sure as hell ain't no shortage of down well seasoned firewood.

next stop, canyonlands of utah, that is if it ain't on fire anymore.
Wave when you pass Salt Lake.

I'll be in West Yellowstone next month for a few weeks. Is where I want to spend my summers when I retire.

Rack your trip and reports...
I'm in the holiday express in Ogden, exit 343. C'mon by and I'll buy you a beer, unless you're in a pink polo and puka.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:
smackaholic wrote:She was being circled by a few wolfs who were apparently trying to have her cubs for lunch.

Question for the Westerners -- what do you suppose the odds are that the Eastern greenhorn's "wolves" were coyotes?
I thought they were coyotes myself, but, some local dude said, "nope. I see wolves and coyotes regularly. Them thar is wolves"

They were a good 9 iron or so back from the road, so, to this eastern greenhorn, all I could tell is they was some sort of canine type. But who fukking cares. We got to see a grizzly vs canine type gang throw down. I doubt I will ever see anything half as epcot again as long as I live.

rack the fukk outta jellystone.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote: People want to "play house" without having to actually make a legally and morally binding promise before the law, their friends and family, and/or their God.
That's too deep, L rat.

Wifey of 24 years and myself have always just figured that staying married beat the alternatives. We've never looked at it as a "legally and morally binding promise" so much as: well, we're stuck with each other, let's just make the best of it.

Well, and there is that line in the Bible that says to stay with the wife of your youth, and I tend to take the Bibles' advice most seriously, as opposed to, say... Goobers and Dins.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

mikey and the rest of you fukks wanting pics can EAD.

First off, web access has been scarce.

Second, posting pics to this board is way down on the list of shit to do with my time right now.

Third, I suck fukking ass at this techie thing and will probably have to have lil miss smackaholic do it for me.

Don't worry. You will get pics. Lots. And I promise not to be a fag and put a smiley face on everybodies head. I ain't scared to let the wytches have fun, especially with the OL's pic.
Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Post by Risa »

War Wagon wrote:
Mike the Lab Rat wrote: People want to "play house" without having to actually make a legally and morally binding promise before the law, their friends and family, and/or their God.
That's too deep, L rat.

Wifey of 24 years and myself have always just figured that staying married beat the alternatives. We've never looked at it as a "legally and morally binding promise" so much as: well, we're stuck with each other, let's just make the best of it.

Well, and there is that line in the Bible that says to stay with the wife of your youth, and I tend to take the Bibles' advice most seriously, as opposed to, say... Goobers and Dins.
Can you blame them? Goober is married to his hand, and Dinsdale is married to whoever's dick is cemented to the back of his prostate this weekend. The Bible is kinda weird about such things.

As for you and Wifey being together for 24 years, that's cool. I just read a newspaper article about some whore who left her '6 figure income' husband because he had developed Alzheimers in his 40s. She accused him of buying things they didn't need and forgetting important business decisions.. which was costing them a lot of money.. and worst of all he was getting physically abusive to her. (And I'm thinking, well, she needed a caregivers' support group. She wasn't alone. But people live with it.) So after an eternity of two years she put him out of the house, divorced him, then seemed to blame him for her having to 'pay' for his apartment housing and finally being put out on the street. I'm like, he was the one making 6 figures, what were you doing? oh you were probably spending his money... and now when he needed you most, you were ghost in 2 years, golddigging bitch. So -- after living in the street when he should have been in hospice or home care or something instead; they had the money -- now he's in a nursing home, he can't remember his daughters' own names, and she was whining about how 10 years ago he was making 6 figures. So thank you and your wife for sticking together for 24 years. A lot of folks don't have the stamina or the stomach for that anymore. It's too easy to give up and give in.

As long as you're making it work, and you aren't going the 'two different lives, one household' marriage route ;)

Smackaholic, can't wait to see the photos of Nature when you actually do post them. I hope they all come out. It sounds like it's an awesome trip so far.
on a short leash, apparently.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:Wifey of 24 years and myself have always just figured that staying married beat the alternatives. We've never looked at it as a "legally and morally binding promise" so much as: well, we're stuck with each other, let's just make the best of it.

Wow. Sounds like a marriage made in…..hell Kansas City.

Memo to Rhesus: I’ve been happily married for 18 years. Lovely Italian lady who knows how to have a good time, has a great sense of humor and enjoys watching football. Now, tell me about your husband.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Goober McTuber wrote:Memo to Rhesus: I’ve been happily married for 18 years. Lovely Italian lady who knows how to have a good time, has a great sense of humor and enjoys watching football. Now, tell me about your husband.

I think this is what she's married to:

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:Now, tell me about your husband.
The unluckiest man on the face of the earth.

sin

Lou Gehrig
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:mikey and the rest of you fukks wanting pics can EAD.

First off, web access has been scarce.

Second, posting pics to this board is way down on the list of shit to do with my time right now.

Third, I suck fukking ass at this techie thing and will probably have to have lil miss smackaholic do it for me.

Don't worry. You will get pics. Lots. And I promise not to be a fag and put a smiley face on everybodies head. I ain't scared to let the wytches have fun, especially with the OL's pic.
You're either brave or stupid. Or both. Or just fat and stupid. Or all five, or whatever. I wouldn't put my worst enemy's real face on the nets, or even my family.

Anyhoo, I'd truthfully be surprised if you were posting pics from the road. I just mentioned that 'cause somebody called this a PET, and the P doesn't stand for persimmons. When we go on our trip an a couple of weeks, I'm taking a laptop, but I'm not taking my "work" laptop...for two reasons. First it's not technically mine and I don't want to be responsible for it. Second, and most important, I don't want to be tempted to do any work. I'm taking my old (8 years?) Gateway out of mothballs and will try to get it up and running. Mostly so we can have web access from hotel rooms to check out maps and other tourist info. If I remember right it has USB connections but they don't work because it's a Windows 95 machine. If that's the case then I surely won't be uploading any pics from the road.

And BTW...RACK the wildlife sightings. That would really be something to remember. Sort of like the time I was out sailing with some friends and a grey whale came up almost close enough to reach out and touch.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: I think this is what she's married to:

I imagine then that the scroll wheel represents the rival in-law.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

ahh-- back on topic (sort of)
take Bri's advice about Lake Placid if you can and if you
stay overnight--the Howard Johnson's is good if you get a room right on the great indoor pool ! They also have canoes that you can use to do a bit of boating on the lake. If you were really up to it and have the time
--canoe to the base of Whiteface and hike up to the top and have fun with the tourists who drove up there !
I'm making my annual trek to CNY and SE Ontario in August. Camera and PET will be a must.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

If I see any mooses in Maine I'll be sure to take a pic.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote:If I see any mooses in Maine I'll be sure to take a pic.
Where in Maine are you going? If you wanna see Moose, head up to the Jackman area. It is beautiful. It may be getting past the prime moose spotting time, though. As the summer heat hits, they tend to stay further back in the woods. Also, you must do the coast as well, particularly Acadia national Park. You west coasters are used to mountains along the shore, but for us Cadillac Mt. is the closest thing we have to a mountain on the coast. And a preemptive GFYA to Dins' ridiculing of my refering to anything east of colorado as a mountain. Maine is one of my favorite places because of Mainiacs. I like the fukked up accent and they all seem to be wiseasses. Dins would fit in fine.

If you are going from the adirondacks to maine, go across VT through the white mountains of NH. Drive up MT Washington. Tell the OL to have a few drinks first though as it is a bit of a scary ride. The folks who maintain the autoroad don't spend a nickle making it wider than neccessary.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Good luck seeing any meeces, Mikey. I've hiked trails, woods, and mountains in NH and ME on numerous occasions. I've spent countless hours traveling through each state's roads, passing hundreds of Image along the way... I've never once seen me any moose.

:(
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I have driven through the White Mountains once, and I saw a moose on that occasion.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:
Mikey wrote:If I see any mooses in Maine I'll be sure to take a pic.
Where in Maine are you going? If you wanna see Moose, head up to the Jackman area. It is beautiful. It may be getting past the prime moose spotting time, though. As the summer heat hits, they tend to stay further back in the woods. Also, you must do the coast as well, particularly Acadia national Park. You west coasters are used to mountains along the shore, but for us Cadillac Mt. is the closest thing we have to a mountain on the coast. And a preemptive GFYA to Dins' ridiculing of my refering to anything east of colorado as a mountain. Maine is one of my favorite places because of Mainiacs. I like the fukked up accent and they all seem to be wiseasses. Dins would fit in fine.

If you are going from the adirondacks to maine, go across VT through the white mountains of NH. Drive up MT Washington. Tell the OL to have a few drinks first though as it is a bit of a scary ride. The folks who maintain the autoroad don't spend a nickle making it wider than neccessary.
We're going through the Adirondacks on the way from Albany to Quebec. Then through Maine (and right through Jackman, I believe) on the way from Quebec to Boston. Prolly no time to stop anywhere though, except for lunch, so we'll just wave to the meeses as we fly by.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Good luck seeing any meeces, Mikey. I've hiked trails, woods, and mountains in NH and ME on numerous occasions. I've spent countless hours traveling through each state's roads, passing hundreds of Image along the way... I've never once seen me any moose.

:(
Go to Canada. We were sitting in a boat one day in a small shallow bay on Lake of the Woods. Big lady moose came running out of the woods through the water about 10 feet from our boat. Scared the shit out of us. She ran all the way across the bay. Small child moose stayed back in the woods.

We listened for the next 10 minutes or so as mommy and child called back and forth as he made his way through the woods around the end of the bay to be reunited.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Invictus
H.N.I.C.

Post by Invictus »

smackaholic wrote:
Pussies. Hike it and then tell me how scary the drive up the road is.

I climbed it when I was 14. Spent summers at a camp near Lake Winnepesaukee in a small town called Alton. I used to hike a lot when I was younger.

Best thing about the mountain is at the base when you see the plaque with the names of the climbers, skiers, etc. who have died on the mountain. Tuckerman's Ravine is glorious to look at. Even in summertime, it has a little snow on it. I can't see myself trying to ski it as the grade is pretty steep. The view from the top is impressive, as you are able to see I think four or five states, but even moreso if you climb that bitch, especially when you have to hop from rock to rock for much of the ascent.
by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:30 am
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:

Right. Because unlike you, I actually respond to Vic. He's a funny poster
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Dins rolling in here poking fun at the puny "hills" in New England in 3...2....

oh shit, here he is::
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Mikey wrote:We're going through the Adirondacks on the way from Albany to Quebec. Then through Maine (and right through Jackman, I believe) on the way from Quebec to Boston. Prolly no time to stop anywhere though, except for lunch, so we'll just wave to the meeses as we fly by.
OK, then here's what you want to do. I'll assume that you're leaving Albany around 9AM after breakfast.

Take I-87 to Exit 30. This will be about 2 hours into your drive north from Albany. Get off at Exit 30 and turn left onto Route 73. Follow Route 73 to Lake Placid. It's about a 45 minute drive from I-87 to the village of Placid. Along the way you will be able to take in the sights of the High Peaks in a way you will never be able to do from Interstate. For the more picturesque areas, there are pull off areas that will allow you to take the kind of pics needed for a good PET. On your way into Placid you will see the Olympic Ski jump and arial competition venues By the time you reach Placid you should be just about ready for lunch. Turn from 73 to route 86 (Main Street) and drive by the speed skating oval and Olympic areas to get to the Cottage and make sure you get seating on the deck. It will afford you a view of Mirror Lake and the High Peaks that is absolutely spectacular. Here's a sample that doesn't quite do it justice.

After you finish lunch, leave Lake Placid via route 86. If you have time, when you get to Wilmington you can take a quick jog up Whiteface mountain in your car. It's about an hour to go to the top, take some pictures and come back down. If not, continue following 86 until you reach route 9N and take 9N back to I-87. At the very least, if you just stop for lunch in Placid, you will still make it to Montreal before 5PM. If you do the Whiteface side trip, you'll get to Montreal around 7PM.

Now, if you're not down with that trip, and just want a quick yet decent lunch, just turn off I-87 at exit 30 and take Route 73 into Keene Valley and stop at either the Noonmark Dinner or the Au Sable Inn. They're both on Route 73 in the village and you can't miss them from the road. It's about 20 minutes from I-87 to Keene Valley. You'll get a taste of the High Peeks and be back on the highway in short order.

And yes, we want some damn pictures.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

HOME!!!!!! Finally.

We finished up our 3 week roadie today. The trip home had the inevitable technical difficulties that come with doing such a trip in a 21 year old RV that you haven't driven anywhere else other than work.

Before I get into the gory details I'd like to just take a monent to rack the following....

Toyota Motor Company, builders of the best fukkin' 4 banger, evah, the 22RE

Bosch autoparts

jellystone park and all the folks that work there except for one asshat ranger in that little town at the north gate, Gardener?, I think it's called

SD video cards, 2 Gig for 20 bones at wallymart. Good for 600 pics.

Joy's Auto repair, wichita, kansas

The Kanab, UT ER

Unracks go out to O'Reilly's auto parts and estrogen.

So, when I last posted, I was going on about how epcot jellystone was. It was all that.....and a bag of chips.

From there we drove through Zion, it was pretty fukking cool. Actually, it was fukking HOT!!!! We got out walked around a little, but, didn't do much hiking as my daughter was bitching about her blister from the wee bit of hiking at jellystone.

We then drove onto bryce and checked into the campground. Bryce was cool as shit. Best scenery of the whole trip. We did a few short hikes, but, not as much as I would have liked thanks to a certain blister. On the way back to the campground the OL got dumb and allowed the binoculars she was carying to get into her front wheel spokes. The bike then proceeded to dismount her on her dome/left arm. She whined like a little bitch, but, could move it. We had ranger bob splint it and went to the Kanab ER on the way out. Kanab, btw, is fukking hotter than shit, but, a neat little town.

From there we drove to the north rim of the big ass hole in the ground. WOW!!!!! thassa big ass hole!!!!!! I thought. Unfortunately it was hazy so the colors weren't all that great. Then went to Page, AZ. Lake Powell and the Glen Canyon dam is there. Pretty cool. Unfortunately we were a bit behind schedule and didn't see much of the lake. The next day we drove to the south rim and spent a night at the campground.

The views are better from the south rim, but, not like I have seen from pictures. It was amazing,but, I am guessing that it doesn't reach full epcotness till winter when the air is clearer and the sun is further south which would bring out the colors better.

From there we did two days visiting my buddy in phoenix. Played golf, drank, drank some more. You can have phoenix, too fukking hot and brown. I like to mix in a little green with my landscapes.

Spent one more night at the canyon in the lodge. Overall, I was a bit dissapointed with the big hole. I suspect this has alot to do with being with a whiny daughter and overprotective wife who wouldn't let my some within the same zipcode as the rim. Next time I'll leave them bitches home and rich and I will hike to the bottom.

We headed for home from flagstaff on monday. Flagstaff is nice. 8000 ft high=natural AC. Rarely gets over 85 there.

That night we passed through albuquerque. No risa sightings.

Thanks, G.

About 10 that night as we made the long climb outta albuquerque the fun started. My slight exhaust leak became less slight...alot less. A few minutes later the charge and brake lights came on together. I suspected a nasty exhaust leak had burned through something electrical, so we ducked into a truckstop and hunkered down for the night.

In the AM I surveyed the trouble. The exhaust Y pipe broke at it's weld right where the Y ends. No electrimical damage was evident. So I limped into santa rosa, NM where a fat messican dude named bozo said sorry bro, I ain't got the time, but, another messican in town, Ortega's will hook you up. So, on we went to Ortega's where a cool old messican dude named Ely was able to throw a bead on it right in place, somehow. He said it ought to make it long enough to gte home and replace the pipe. It did. Rack that old wetback sonofabitch!!!!!

He also put a meter on the battery. 12.4 volts, 12.6 when revved. Not very good, but, it was trying. So, on we went up into the teehas panhandle where I stopped in a really shitty looking town. There wasn't a toy alt in the town, but, there was a meter. It was down to about 12.2, time to do something. He called the O'Reilly's in dumbass (dumas, TX). They had one. Made it there and had cooter and billybob at steve's auto repair put it on.

Hit the road that afternoon and made it to liberal, kansas. Spent the night in a motel.

The next morning we hit the road. About an hour along, the charge/brake lights flickered.

Rutt Rooo!!!!!

Then they did it again......and again. Eventtually, they were back on full time and I was starting to feel sorry for myself. What's the next town? I gotta find an O'Reilly's and check this POS alternator.

According to the map, the next decent size town was Greensburg.

As we rolled into greensburg, the wife says wtf? they got a MASH style tent hospital? then we just stared in shock for the next few blocks as we rolled up route 54 through what was left of Greensburg, Kansas.

Holly.....fukkking......shit.

All of a sudden I thought to myself, you know, a bum alternator isn't the worst thing that could happen to you. Funny how seeing something like that can change your outlook on things.

Just outside of Greensburg we stopped at a park and talked to a few topeka cops who were down there helping those poor fukkers out. He told me to try to make it to wichita which we did. That is where I found Joy's automotive. He said, yup, you got yourself a POS O'Reilly's reman alternator. I've seen more than one of those. Be back first thing in the morning and I'll put in a bosch for you.

He did. Apparently bosch makes a better alt than the O'Reilly's "lifetime warantee" pos. Fortunately the O'Reillys in town gave me a refund on it. Too bad they wouldn't refund the 150 bucks cooter got for putting it in. So, that ended up being a 475 dollar alternator.

The rest of the ride home went well. The fully charged toyota ran like a raped ape. Well, like a raped ape pulling a small house, anyway.

So, now, I'll see if I can come up with a comment about each state on the trip starting from home.

CT-very green. home, but, probably not for long after the kids are outta school

NY-upstate's kinda nice, but, boring. And you sukk at electing senators.

PA-your deer are stupid and your fukking interstates suck ass. fukk you.

OH-boring, no comment.

IN-lotsa smart deer, but, other than that possibly more boring than OH.

IL-Passed through the arsehole U&R corner. Boring as OH but uglier.

WI-L&L Wisconsin has to be the capital of waterparks. They are fukking everywhere., I don't get it.

MN-mall of mullatoes is a'ight, but, other than that, not much to see other than a few cool windmills in the L&L.

SD-Nice rest stop with full RV Dump and water fill station. Rack you. The left half from the badlands on is cool to look at as well.

WY-Central high plains kinda boring, but, you do have the big horn mountains and jellystone. And your rest stop was RV friendly like SD. Rack you.

MT-Spent a few minutes there at the jellystone north gate. Nice, but, pretty well neck'ed up from what I can see.

UT- Stopped at the wallymart in Ogden. Jeebus Keeeerist, you mormons can fukk!!!!!! I think the average wallymart mom had 7 kids with her. I predict the in 20 years the southwest will be 99 and 44/100th percent mormon/messican. The rest of the white folks and 2 black folks will be overwhelmed.

AZ-Kinda neat with the big hole, lake powell and flagstaff. All the rest is gonna burst into flames soon, so it don't matter.

NM-Drove through the nice part at night, so I can't say much. From what I saw it was like a dry Ohio. But, you gotta old messican dude that can weld his ass off.

TX-the lovely pan handle. Is there a house in the panhandle which is either not made of cinderblocks or doesn't have wheels?

OK-see TX.

KS-Kinda nice. The settled areas actually seem almost civilized. Awfully white, too. That's a good thing.

MO-Is there a single off ramp that doesn't have a ginourmous XXX adult bookstore sign near it? If so, I musta missed it. Did stop at the arch in St Louie. It was cool.

IL-lower ill is nicer than upper ill, but, it is pretty much a continuation of MO with less XXX signs.

IN-As with IL, IN is nicer in the south. More hilly.

OH- Same. As you get towards the east end it kinda looks like vermont.

que banjos.....

west by god virginny!!!!!!! yeeeeehawwwwwww!!!!! this little strip of WV that is jammed between OH and PA was just as I suspected. It is pretty much all vertical. I doubt there is a flat acre in the entire state. As we were in the right hand lane pulling a particularly nasty 2nd gear hill I saw something odd. For the first time during this trip the little toy RV was actually gaining on something other than an overloaded semi. In the center lane was a ratty old S-10 blazer that sounded like it pretty much no longer had any engine bearings left. As I slowly came along his starboard side I had a look at a real live west virginny hillbilly riding shot gun. Remember the fake beards in brother where art thou? this dude had one, but, it was real, as best I can tell. He shot me his best "you think you're better than me" scowl.

After the grizzly sighting, this was possibly the highlight of the whole trip.

PA-God, I hate driving this state. I think they sub all 330 miles of the PA turnpike maintenance to an old amish dude. Also, lower PA is damn near as vertical as WV was, but alot longer.

NY-you know you are back in NY as soon as you are cut off by some asshole. die. all of you.

CT-sitting parked on I-84 for god knows what reason. Damn good thing the rest of the country's highway system not as fukked as our
Last edited by smackaholic on Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

Rack the Smackster, good travel report.

Rip City
T1B Rules of Operation:

4. Forums. If you don't like it, leave. It is that simple.
----

OK, bye.
Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Post by Risa »

Your racebaiting is duly ignored.

New Mexico is nothing like Ohio -- even at night. You must have been rolling through some strange parts of Ohio, or maybe you just found both states boring. heh.

Nevermind any of that -- pictures, god damn it, damn! and what happened in Greensburg?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

crack open foxnews or cnn or maybe a newspaper once and awhile annie.

The daddy of all twisters whiped it's dick on greensburg's curtains a few months back. It basically looks about like hiroshima circa september '45.

And you will have your damn pics in due time.

As for what I saw of NM, as I said, I spent monday afternoon rolling across I -40 in western NM. There were mountains in the distance, but, up close was typical high plains, kinda like a dry northern Ohio. We passed through your little burg after dark so I couldn't see the mountains, although I am damn sure I climbed one as I spent about an hour in 2nd/3rd gear.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

http://www.kansas.com/static/slides/050 ... doaerials/

here ya go, anne. remember, google is your friend.

as for the racebaiting, it's called comedy, or atleast an attempt at it. you ought to try it sometime.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

damn--- what took you so long ???
rack the Cliff's notes travelogue--- I trust you saw Old Faithful ??
It's always nice to see green and real water after traveling thru
those god forsaken desert areas !
Welcome back.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

yes, we saw old faithful.

it was nice, I guess, but, the real show at jellystone is the wildlife viewing. absolutely amazing. ofcourse, we were luckier than most between the grizzlies and that hillbilly in the blazer, I'd say we hit the wildlife gazing lottery.

I should be able to get some pics up soon.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I always thought it was cool to see domestic cattle grazing alongside wild pronghorn antelope in the high plains---- a photo of that would rule !!

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Don't think I got any pronghorn shots, but, I did get one of a real live wyoming cowboy and his dog working a group of cattle. It was pretty cool.