The Simpsons Movie

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

The Simpsons Movie

Post by Headhunter »

Ok, just got back from catching the flick, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. After a slow decline of the show for the last few seasons my expectations were set fairly low. In fact, I had no plans on seeing it opening week-end, if at all in theaters. Some of the trailers even made the movie look as if it were going to have a heavy political message.

Well, my boss decides he wants to go at lunch at takes the team. Ok, I'm not turning down a free ticket.

Bottom line, Rack Groening. Looks like they had their best writers working on the flick and some summer interns writing the show the last few years. I'm not going to put any spoilers out there, just want to let those on the fence know that this movie is worth watching. Very funny movie. I laughed through out the flick.

And if you collect the DVD's , you can get a free ticket for the movie inside the DVD.

Ok, Dins, come on in a gloat about Groening's back yard!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

This thread just failed to deliver.

sin, the Books and Film forum
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

pfft. Superfluous forum if you ask me!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

This thread had me at hello.

--TROTS
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Re: The Simpsons Movie

Post by Risa »

Headhunter wrote: Well, my boss decides he wants to go at lunch at takes the team. Ok, I'm not turning down a free ticket.
but is it worth paying matinee for (there are no movies worth evening prices)?

is it beavis and butthead do america worthy?
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Risa wrote:
Headhunter wrote: Well, my boss decides he wants to go at lunch at takes the team. Ok, I'm not turning down a free ticket.
but is it worth paying matinee for (there are no movies worth evening prices)?

is it beavis and butthead do america worthy?
Hh wrote:Bottom line, Rack Groening. Looks like they had their best writers working on the flick and some summer interns writing the show the last few years. I'm not going to put any spoilers out there, just want to let those on the fence know that this movie is worth watching. Very funny movie. I laughed through out the flick.
Fat, cheap & stupid is no way to go through life.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

Headhunter wrote:Well, my boss decides he wants to go at lunch at takes the team. Ok, I'm not turning down a free ticket.
You guys already get all the pizza you want, for petes sake. Chuck E. Cheese's now takes the team out for movies. Nice.

Rip City
T1B Rules of Operation:

4. Forums. If you don't like it, leave. It is that simple.
----

OK, bye.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Just got back from seeing it, too. Agree w/ Hoontah. Funny stuff. But they shoulda included a (!) with the title for the full frontal nudity. And although Marge wasn't the one they showed all nekkid and stuff, she does does have quite the hot bod, for a blue-haired toon, anyway.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
The Whistle Is Screaming

I liked it, but I was hoping for something more/better. Still, I recommend any Simpsons fan to see it.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

It seems they tried to include appearances by most of the supporting characters, but I don't recall seeing Groundskeeper Willie - one of my favorites on the show.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
The Whistle Is Screaming

Smackie, I guess that was part of the problem... so many characters, so little time.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:Smackie, I guess that was part of the problem... so many characters, so little time.
Perhaps he and others will show up in what was claimed to be Maggie's first word.

Tom Waits
A.C. Crut
Elwood

Post by A.C. Crut »

Enjoy your cartoon.