ND or IU?

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

ND or IU?

Post by Buried_Nick »

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html

I think ND better just forget about packing any bags this time either.
NIT home game awaits. If anything Indiana gets in over ND.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

as badly as ND has played in the Joyce Center the last two weekends on national TV...they might ought to lobby for a road game.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: ND or IU?

Post by Shoalzie »

MSUFAN wrote:http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html

I thought the RPI was overrated? :lol:

If I had to choose one over the other, I go with Notre Dame. They beat Indiana head-to-head and they have wins over Villanova, Connecticut and Boston College. Indiana's only quality wins are against Michigan State and Wisconsin. I give the nod to the Irish also because the Big East is a stronger conference than the Big Ten this year. Indiana is going to need some help to get in. I think Notre Dame is in okay shape...the Big East is worthy of atleast 6 bids into the tournament.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Shoalzie wrote:
MSUFAN wrote:http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html

I thought the RPI was overrated? :lol:

If I had to choose one over the other, I go with Notre Dame. They beat Indiana head-to-head and they have wins over Villanova, Connecticut and Boston College. Indiana's only quality wins are against Michigan State and Wisconsin. I give the nod to the Irish also because the Big East is a stronger conference than the Big Ten this year. Indiana is going to need some help to get in. I think Notre Dame is in okay shape...the Big East is worthy of atleast 6 bids into the tournament.
Agreed. ND losing to Pitt may have been a blessing in disguise in one respect, as that means they draw Rutgers in the first round of the Big East tournament, so at least one win in the conference tournament now looks extremely likely.

I think both ND and Indiana go, although I could be wrong.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

DomerAlum wrote:I think both ND and Indiana go, although I could be wrong.
There's a chance of that happening. The ACC might only get 4 teams in the Big Dance...they will open up a spot for an extra Big Ten, Big East or Big XII team to slip in.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

I've got my choices posted, as of today, at http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2706

Breakdown by conference:

Big East: 7
Big 12: 7
ACC: 6
Big 10: 6
SEC: 5
Pac-10: 4
C-USA: 3
MVC: 2
MWC: 2
WCC: 2

Of course, based on the Tournament Selection Committee's history, we're more likely to see the ACC and Big 10 get 7 berths each, the SEC get 6, the Big East get 4, and 10 at-large bids go to mid-majors. :D
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

I don't think the Big 12 gets 7 teams and probably only deserves 5.

A&M is dangerous but they have no big OOC wins and are only 8-8 in conference. They need a run to the Big title game to make it IMO.

Iowa St though the having a 9-7 conference record, have a poor overall record and a bad OOC loss to Northern Iowa and no big OOC wins.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Both A&M and Iowa State are on the bubble, but the point is that, by definition, some teams on the bubble will get in. The NCAA tournament selection guidelines say that the committee should pick the top 34 at-large teams regardless of conference affiliation. For my money, both A&M and Iowa State make the cut.

That's why Babs is full of shit. Not only did he present a false choice within this thread (the committee can choose one or the other, both, or neither), but he's just plain engaging in gratuitous ND bashing. ND has not had a stellar record down the stretch, but historically, that's the worst predictor of tournament success of all the criteria the committee uses. ND has had arguably the toughest conference slate in the entire nation this year (playing in the toughest conference, the Big East, and drawing home-and-homes against Syracuse, UConn, Pitt, Villanova and Georgetown).
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html

^ IU is in the HIGH 60's, and ND isn't much better.

I think they're BOTH cooked. The "Rutgers" angle won't hold much weight.
Remember, it's about Quality Wins, and who you DON'T lose to. (Unranked teams. [like IU :mrgreen: ] Racking up a quick insignificant W in Rutgers won't move that RPI.

And YES rpi is not as important as it once was when it was in vogue.
But, ND and IU are WAY down the list, when you look at the Iowa's and Minn. and Marylands. I always thought you HAD to be at least in the 40's to get an at large. I thing I read there's never been an at-large with a greater rpi of 47 or some crap. That's a LONG way for that Rutgers game to take you. Digger is on drugs. he keeps YAPPING about his Irish, it's rather embarrassing, really.
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol:
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

DomerAlum wrote: That's why Babs is full of shit. Not only did he present a false choice within this thread (the committee can choose one or the other, both, or neither), but he's just plain engaging in gratuitous ND bashing.
Well said. The choice isn't between these two head to head at all.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

DomerAlum wrote: That's why Babs is full of shit. Not only did he present a false choice within this thread (the committee can choose one or the other, both, or neither), but he's just plain engaging in gratuitous ND bashing.
He's trying to get his shots in now during basketball season because he knows he won't have fuck to talk about after football season starts. Afterall, ND rid their sidelines with a failed MSU grad and replaced him with a successful alum.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Killian wrote:
He's trying to get his shots in now during basketball season because he knows he won't have fuck to talk about after football season starts. Afterall, ND rid their sidelines with a failed MSU grad and replaced him with a successful alum.
Ya know; I can get a little wild with my posts, but man; that was pure bullshit right there, boy.

You goot a LEAST be in the fucking 40's, man. I don't GARA what conference your in. IF and that's a BIG if right now down 2 to a sucky Rutgers team; IF they do win, I see a thousand fouls vs. Syracuse as ND gets a gift from the Big Least, and advances another round.

Watch.

Man, does ND look like an average NIT team.

Wow, does Digger suck a lot of DICK!

I actually think Diggers Constant pimping actually hurts them. He needs to SHUT UP, and let the Irish do it!
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol:
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

MSUFAN wrote:
Killian wrote:
Ya know; I can get a little wild with my posts, but man; that was pure bullshit right there, boy.

You goot a LEAST be in the fucking 40's, man. I don't GARA what conference your in. IF and that's a BIG if right now down 2 to a sucky Rutgers team; IF they do win, I see a thousand fouls vs. Syracuse as ND gets a gift from the Big Least, and advances another round.

Watch.

Man, does ND look like an average NIT team.

Wow, does Digger suck a lot of DICK!

I actually think Diggers Constant pimping actually hurts them. He needs to SHUT UP, and let the Irish do it!
What the fuck are you talking about? There isn't one thinng in DomerAlum or my post that is false.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

:ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ---- Eyes!!!!!:

Seriously. All the Big-Least deserves is:

Syr.
Ucun
Pittt
WVU
BCU
'Nova

That's six, which is more than the B10, probably. The B10 gets

Ill.
MSU
Wisc.
Minn.
Iowa - (Beating Pur. and taking MSU to the final minute, gets them in no doubt)
IU - (by virtue of beating Minn, which will get NO help from the refs.)

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html - has ND at #86 and falling! :lol:

And the talk by Muffberger and Lavin about UCunt being a probable #1 seed!? - :lol:

They (Uconn) are #57 RPI in their Non-Conf. games! and #15 overall RPI !! And we've all seen what their conference consists of. Mostly overpimped espn faves!
So, bottom line is, most of you Big-Least teams are not only over rated in their various in-conference wins. Thir top ranked coaches team sucks ASS outside their conference!

#1 SEED!?? My ass!
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

Babs, make up your mind. Does the RPI suck or not? Cause when it helps your argument, you don't hesitate to cite it. But when you think it underrates MSU, you lambaste it.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Looks like IU will be joining the Irish in the NIT...the Gophers put it to 'em today. It looks like Minnesota may get in now and we'll see about Iowa.

I know a lot of people were on the IU bandwagon lately for them get into the tournament but just because you schedule tough opponents doesn't automatically make you a tournament team...if helps to actually win some of those games. They could've used a few more quality wins as well as a long run in the Big Ten tournament.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

For my money, ND, IU and Minnesota all get in. But we'll have to wait and see tomorrow. The Big West title game tonight could have an impact on that, of course.

Go Pacific.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Good call, babs. If not for second guessing yourself on the IU pick, you were right on the money.