Good take on Christianity fron Youtube.

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

poptart wrote:Bassman, they don't have an answer.

They have no answer for the behavior of the apostles.

Hard to explain a bunch of middle aged men who were for the most part at each others throats over a variety of issues after Jesus death. Heck we have enough trouble handling the founding fathers of America for the same reasons and they are much closer to being contemporaries
No answer for what exploded in the 'big bang' .... and where it came from. lol
I don't have a definitive answer for that... thing is that neither do you.
No answer for how life could magically arise from non-life.
There's a pretty good theiory I have read from some of the most intelligent minds to ever grace this planet concerning amino acids and what not but lets not let facts get in the way of such epcot threads as this... :wink:
No answer for when, where, and why life somehow learned to reproduce itself.
Got us again, or at least me. Once again though the thing is that neither do you...
No answer at all for how the laws of the universe (gravity, inertia, etc ... ) came into being.
It could be God... It could also be nature. Hell my grandmother may have flipped a switch that got all that shit going in motion for all I know about it. But you don't have any better theories that can be backed up by anything at all tangible.

They're just CERTAIN that it all didn't come from God.
I'm not certain of anything other than death and taxes.
Last edited by SunCoastSooner on Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Diogenes wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Yes, there are some amazing things in the universe. However, what makes Christians ..more close to the answers than anyone else?
History. The fact of prophecies being fulliled.
Prophecy wasn't fulfilled. I'll even let that slide for fear of TWIS coming in and laying da grizzalay troof down on that subject. Prophecy was no where close to being fulfilled.
What was the motive for the original Christians who knew and walked with him to be tortured for some conspiriatorial lie?
I dunno, maybe the fact that the vast majority of them never met him and were following the teacjings of man from Tarsus and not Jesus himself....
That's for starters. The fact is that the rational reasons to believe overwhelm the emotional ones to deny.
The saddest part is you really believe that statement so there is no way to argue anything contrarian with you...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
What was the motive for the original Christians who knew and walked with him to be tortured for some conspiriatorial lie?
I dunno, maybe the fact that the vast majority of them never met him and were following the teacjings of man from Tarsus and not Jesus himself....
Of all the dumb things I've read on message boards in my life, that has to be a top 5'er. "knew and walked with him" is such a hard portion of a sentence to understand. Blast whoever invented the english language...
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

rozy wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Of all the dumb things I've read on message boards in my life, that has to be a top 5'er. "knew and walked with him" is such a hard portion of a sentence to understand. Blast whoever invented the english language...
Those that walked with him were for the most part at each others throats after he died!!!
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

So now we go an entirely DIFFERENT direction. Sorry, I am not well versed in gibberish.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

rozy wrote:So now we go an entirely DIFFERENT direction. Sorry, I am not well versed in gibberish.
Rozy stop looking for another pointless argument to side track this thread. What I said was a tongue in cheek comment because those that walked with him were not unified in their beliefs about him after he died.

Try and keep up here rozy...
Last edited by SunCoastSooner on Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

They were unified enough to all suffer torturous deaths because of their refusal to deny that He is the Christ.

I'm sure you meet people all the time who would be willing to die torturously for something that they KNOW is a lie, but myself, can't say I've ever met anyone like that.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Diogenes wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Yes, there are some amazing things in the universe. However, what makes Christians ..more close to the answers than anyone else?
History. The fact of prophecies being fulliled. The survival of the Jewish people, for example is evidence (as opposed to proof) that there actually is something unique about them. Then there is the Corpus Delecti matter....

Show me the body.

Jesus' (Christ to some of us), that is.

That's for starters. The fact is that the rational reasons to believe overwhelm the emotional ones to deny.
Your post doesn't answer the question for me. You're explaining to me that there are folks who followed Jesus, and after a while they came to be known as Christians. And? Problem is, that was already perfectly clear to me. They had faith, sure...but that's not proof of anything. There are millions in this country that have "faith" in state lotteries, or criminals like Jimmy Bakker.

But specifically - what prophecies have been "fulliled"?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

poptart wrote:They were unified enough to all suffer torturous deaths because of their refusal to deny that He is the Christ.

I'm sure you meet people all the time who would be willing to die torturously for something that they KNOW is a lie, but myself, can't say I've ever met anyone like that.
Ah, sweet English, mixed with some good old fashioned common sense.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

poptart wrote:They were unified enough to all suffer torturous deaths because of their refusal to deny that He is the Christ.

The Gnostics suffered the same fate and had different beliefs. I guess that makes them right by your standards.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote: How do I justify my belief in existence? I'm sitting in it, dumbshit.

You're soaking in it.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:

There has never been any shortage of delusional fucksticks willing to die for this, that or the other.
Amen. Some would even kill their own children. But you would have to be a parent to understand that.

sin

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

His kids are cute, but his shitbabies are kinda wrongful.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

rozy wrote:You know where I stand on this
You've always come across as a real Christian...like taking that whole "judge not" thing seriously, and stuff.

so you know my motives are pure when I ask you if I should even read this Nacho character or scroll right on by?

Flip a coin...he's plungered himself pretty deeply with his highly educated "prominant mind," but he's kinda...

kinda one of those trolls who's too stupid to realize when he's knocked his own head over the centerfield fence.

So, yeah...flip a coin. If you're really bored, I'd recommend it...otherwise, not much to see. It's not like there's a shortage of tards lining up to prove how dumb they are with one post, and then rush to cement it with the next.

So, pretty much "same old, same old." While real peole of faith base their beliefs strictly on faith, Not-So is using a negative-scientific "proof" as a reason to believe. I suppose anyone retarded enough to get SCS on the agnostic side might be worth a skim.

BTW -- much of the surface of the Moon is made of green cheese...and until I see proof otherwise, this will be accepted as fact...by EVERYONE. Because I said so.(OK, Roz...I just summed up this whole exercise in one postscript...save yourself the trouble).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

SunCoastSooner wrote: Prophecy wasn't fulfilled. I'll even let that slide for fear of TWIS coming in and laying da grizzalay troof down on that subject. Prophecy was no where close to being fulfilled.

DING! DING! DING!

We have a winner!
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

Dinsdale wrote:
rozy wrote:You know where I stand on this
You've always come across as a real Christian...like taking that whole "judge not" thing seriously, and stuff.

so you know my motives are pure when I ask you if I should even read this Nacho character or scroll right on by?

Flip a coin...he's plungered himself pretty deeply with his highly educated "prominant mind," but he's kinda...

kinda one of those trolls who's too stupid to realize when he's knocked his own head over the centerfield fence.

So, yeah...flip a coin. If you're really bored, I'd recommend it...otherwise, not much to see. It's not like there's a shortage of tards lining up to prove how dumb they are with one post, and then rush to cement it with the next.

So, pretty much "same old, same old." While real peole of faith base their beliefs strictly on faith, Not-So is using a negative-scientific "proof" as a reason to believe. I suppose anyone retarded enough to get SCS on the agnostic side might be worth a skim.

BTW -- much of the surface of the Moon is made of green cheese...and until I see proof otherwise, this will be accepted as fact...by EVERYONE. Because I said so.(OK, Roz...I just summed up this whole exercise in one postscript...save yourself the trouble).
Blah blah blah blah.... pathetic...

I see the reading comprehension problem is still in effect.... But you add arrogance to the mix as well... I guess that makes you twice as short sighted as everyone else...

If you have something to say to me then say it. I will do my best to speak on your level so you can comprehend what I believe. Or should I let you and your girlfriend continue to make out with each other while other people try to discuss the thread topic?

By the way.... I am not a troll.... but if it makes you feel more superior to call me that, then go ahead. I wouldn't want to bruise your ego....

Am I the only one that has tried to stay on topic in this thread?
Save me some of that corn for laters...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Nacho wrote: If you have something to say to me then say it.

Uhm...yeah.

Thanks for that. I never would have thought of doing that...not really my style.

What I have to say to you, is "you're a fucking idiot." That pretty well sums it all up. Your complete lack of any and all ability to form any sort of logical argument, when you were the one who actually went fishing for an argument says all that needs to be said, as far as that goes.

But no, really -- I'm sure your complete lack of any logic or rational thought is entirely the fault of other people's "lack of reading comprehension," rather than you having marbles in your mouth, and inability to employ the same rules of debate you demand from others.

I'm suprised your "prominant mind and education"(still laughing...see if you can figure out why I'm not alone there) didn't pick up on the fact that the post of mine you quoted wasn't adressed to you in any way, shape, or form, and was merely a reply to a question directly adressed to me, asking for commentary on the readability of your self-abuse.

I'm suprised your superlative "reading comprehension" didn't hone in on that concept.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

What do you want? He's a Cowboy fan.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

Dinsdale wrote:What I have to say to you, is "you're a fucking idiot." That pretty well sums it all up. Your complete lack of any and all ability to form any sort of logical argument, when you were the one who actually went fishing for an argument says all that needs to be said, as far as that goes.
Fishing? Kind of like what you did with your candid opinion. Or do you call that pillow talk between you and your girlfriend....
Dinsdale wrote:But no, really -- I'm sure your complete lack of any logic or rational thought is entirely the fault of other people's "lack of reading comprehension," rather than you having marbles in your mouth, and inability to employ the same rules of debate you demand from others.
Are you serious? You mean like trying to keep people on topic instead of chasing after rabbit trails? Did you think before you came up with that?
Dinsdale wrote:I'm suprised your "prominant mind and education"(still laughing...see if you can figure out why I'm not alone there) didn't pick up on the fact that the post of mine you quoted wasn't adressed to you in any way, shape, or form, and was merely a reply to a question directly adressed to me, asking for commentary on the readability of your self-abuse.

I'm suprised your superlative "reading comprehension" didn't hone in on that concept.
Your pillow talk was bait and I took it to see if you wanted to speak about any of said subject or if you were going to stay on the fence being a critic. Of course most critics can't play the game so they sit back and mouth off.... I knew you would respond like this. I was hoping for a little more originality...

By the way if you HAD any reading comprehension you would see that I never claimed to have a prominent mind. I stated that many well known scientists didn't agree with the whole BS of Atheism. And as for the education question I still am wondering about that one. I expected better from so many people that were so full of their own knowledge from reading in here. But I see it is more about being small minded, arrogant, and hypocritical when posting here.

So if you want to spout off commentary from the peanut gallery go ahead. It really doesn't matter to me. I am going to write what I want to write about. I am going to give my opinion when it isn't asked and I am going to bring something to the table when it comes to a discussion. But that is just me. I am not here to change the world or to make people like me. I could care less about being seen as a person of influence on this or any board. It is a meager existence if that were to be a motivational factor in posting here.

So love me or hate me I don't care. I am here and either you can ignore me and what I have to say and move on or you can learn to deal with me having every right as any other poster on this board to say whatever the hell I want to say on any given subject. But One thing I will do when I talk about a subject.... Is that I will talk about the subject at hand....

Just add to the discussion or get off. It may be the only way some people ever learn about other peoples views.
Save me some of that corn for laters...
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Nacho, send a PM to this guy. He might be able to help. Seriously.

On another note, try reading this, if you haven't.

It might help with your "argument."
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Nacho wrote:But I see it is more about being small minded, arrogant, and hypocritical when posting here.
Welcome to the board.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

RadioFan, that wasn't very theological of you. :lol:
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

mvscal wrote:
Nacho wrote:If you have something to say to me then say it.
Go fuck yourself.
Wrong troll.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.