Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Good take on Christianity fron Youtube.

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

before I click it - is it the Hitchens clip?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

No it was apparently done by an amature atheist, not a professional one like Hitchens or Dawkins or Maher.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

Good take... what the fuck does that mean anyway?.....

As to the video. Amature is appropriate....

I guess it is good bait for the weak minded.

I've seen atheists do better or at least a bit more informed.

Why do arrogant atheists and arrogant Christians hate each other so much? And why do both sides always display such ignorance about each other, when they try to act like an authority on the subject?
Save me some of that corn for laters...
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Q, I guess that's a :33 haha for you.

I'll tell you truly, if you don't repent and recognize that Christ is the one way for you to solve the fundamental problem in your life --------> thou shalt surely die.

Surely.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

give it a spin.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:I'll tell you truly, if you don't repent and recognize that Christ is the one way for you to solve the fundamental problem in your life --------> thou shalt surely die.
Guess what? You're going to die, too. Christ, faggot bitch that he was, is not going to save you and your so called God doesn't give two shits about you or anyone else.
Every man dies.... Not every man really lives...

Enlightenment will always escape you as your brain stem is locked inside a little world with no imagination or wonder. But it's alright... You wouldn't understand it anyway....

But in the end that is my opinion... Which much like your own opinion doesn't mean a whole lot to anyone else...

Small fish small pond.....

Let up on the hate dude. It isn't doing anyone good
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

poptart wrote:Q, I guess that's a :33 haha for you.

I'll tell you truly, if you don't repent and recognize that Christ is the one way for you to solve the fundamental problem in your life --------> thou shalt surely die.

Surely.
Well that's what the video says, so I guess you're agreeing with the video's take on Christianity.

In the end, all Christianity has is threats of death and suffering. That's it. No facts, no educated guesses, no reasonable interpretations of the makeup of the universe. Just "join us or suffer! (and give us $$ and let us fondle your children)"

No thanks.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

poptart wrote:I'll tell you truly, if you don't repent and recognize that Christ is the one way for you to solve the fundamental problem in your life --------> thou shalt surely die.

I could have sworn that silly Bible thingy says that this is not your decision to make, or comment on.

13,500 Hail Maries to you, sinner.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

Athiesm is such a silly religion...

Or faith... or form of intellectual dishonesty....

Maybe if I got really angry and ticked off about it people would think that what I say must be filled with insight and understanding.... Maybe I should call it Gay because that seems to work for some folks.... Or maybe I should call those that believe in the nothing it is as complete losers with the intelligence of a small rodent and that will make it seem that I know what the f--- I know what I am saying...

But I just might be sarcastic in saying all that, in hopes to push a button and get a rise out of someone....

The next time an athiest can prove anything they believe about the nature and origin of the universe will be the first....

All they have is theory which I guess is just as retarded as having faith in a creator. Well really it isn't becuase their faith isn't even reasoned out...

Oh well... Back to pushing buttons....
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

The next time an athiest can prove anything they believe about the nature and origin of the universe will be the first....
:lol: - great as is
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Nacho wrote:The next time an athiest can prove anything they believe about the nature and origin of the universe will be the first...

Not true...they've proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the traditional christian theory on the origin of the universe is complete horseshit.

They've also proven that the earth isn't flat.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

Dinsdale wrote:
Nacho wrote:The next time an athiest can prove anything they believe about the nature and origin of the universe will be the first...

Not true...they've proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the traditional christian theory on the origin of the universe is complete horseshit.

They've also proven that the earth isn't flat.
Flat earth huh? Not really an answer to the whole nature and origin of the universe question...

And other than you stating that they've proven it beyond all reasonable doubt does not make it so as far more intelligent people than you or I have believed in the traditional Christian beliefs...

Funny how you can't explain your own beliefs but can take shots at other people... Really it's just small minded of you.... But then who am I talking to. You might just actually believe that nothing plus a whole lot of time equals everything....

Nice logic there skippy.

Athiesm is a religion or it might as well be, since it is a collection of beliefs and myths and unproven theory, ie they need faith to believe any of the foolish notions contained within....

Just prove it for a change instead of giving me the same old lines.... But it is easier to attack then defend isn't it?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Nacho wrote:But it is easier to attack then defend isn't it?

Like attacking carbon-dating and fossil records?

Those kinds of "attacks"?
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

No you twit...

Like saying that Christian notions are stupid and not valid when you can't even support your own notions and views....

Come on I want you to prove to me that I am wrong in believing in a Creator God....

Go on.... Explain how the universe works and how it came to be with proven scientific law not unproven theory....

I'm waiting....

Step up or shut up....
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Nacho wrote:Come on I want you to prove to me that I am wrong in believing in a Creator God....

more christian stupidity and doublespeak....:SHOCKER:

Since you seem to have the whole deal figured out, why don't YOU "prove" your beliefs?

It seems a lot more important to you that the atheists see the error of their ways than the atheists seeing the error of yours.

I personally couldn't care less if you believe in the Tooth Fairy...and I'll reserve my right to laugh equally hard at both.

I just find it interesting that carbon-dating, and easily repeatable experiments suddenly become invalid when they don't support a fairy tale.

But go ahead and present your "proof." I'll be waiting...and I'll charge you a 10% Tooth Fairy Fee when you're done, regardless.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

I asked you to prove it. This thread is about athiesm. Well prove it to me.

I know you can't so don't try... Instead try to change the subject...

I would expect a little more when challenged with your beliefs but since you can't even figure them out for yourself there is no need to tell me what they are... You just can't and won't explain or try to prove anything...

Just deflect away tards.....

Just show me one shred of evidence that proves God doesn't exist. Start from where life and all this substance we call matter.... where did that came from. Prove it with scientific fact and law and not theory.

Just defend your beliefs for a change instead of giving me this pack of BS you all hide behind.

But I know you two can't and most likely will just avoid showing your ignorance....
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

mvscal wrote:
Nacho wrote:I asked you to prove it.
Intelligent people understand that only morons waste time attempting to prove a negative.

You say God exists. I say show me the evidence which leads you to that conclusion.
Which is double talk for you can't explain yourself. Your pride in your perceived intelligence is your own limitation. I find it difficult you lack the ability to explain your own views.

If you want an answer to your stupid question. How about Life itself. The fact life exists proves the existance of God.

Now go ahead and try to disprove what I have said and avoid demonstrating anything you believe.... But you chase rabbits because you are a silly foolish person who doesn't even understand that which you pride yourself in understanding...

And so you can understand me... You're gay...
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The 'there is no evidence for God' take is one of the more ignorant things I've ever heard.

If there is a creation then there is a creator.
Pretty basic concept.

The Bible is evidence supporting the existence of God.

You seem to be struggling with the difference between evidence and proof, mvscal.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

poptart wrote:The Bible is evidence supporting the existence of God.

So, you're a Muslim, I take it?

The Quran says so...it must be true.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The Bible is not evidence for the existence of God ... ?

Is that your take?

Only the most blatant fool would say such a thing.

Of COURSE it is evidence.

This is not up for debate.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

mvscal wrote:I don't and have already done so on this thread. Look...I'll do it again. There isn't a single shred of evidence to support the existence of God.
Let me get this straight.... Because you say there is no shred of evidence yet counter that statement with no evidence yourself that is to be believed and taken as fact? So we are to believe the word of a foolish person who thinks of himself way too much and looks down upon others... This same person can't and won't try to back up anything he has to say with any credible fact. A person devoid of understanding and so full of pride in his own ability to sound like some pseudo intellectual. We are supposed to take YOUR word that it is so? You really freaking suck at this argument thing...

Here is the truth.... You are intellectually challenged..... And your inability to respond with an argument of your own in support of your own belief proves you have no leg to stand on. You have no idea what you are talking about, and you know this so much that you deflect and avoid any challenge given you. No matter how small.... I mean this shouldn't be such a hard challenge for such a freaking great mind like you oh mighty atheist....

Look I am not here to try to win your soul or to change your beliefs.... But I will stand here and challenge you to back up what you freaking say with some proof. And not something that was spoon feed to you in some high school science course or from watching some Carl Sagan special on TV. But if you lack the creativity or intelligence to state what you believe in, then you should stop acting like an authority on the subject. Because all you are an authority on is being a foolish small minded person with anger and pride issues. Until you can back up this BS you try to pawn off as original thought you might as well quit responding... You are a broken record.....

If you want we can do it this way too since you are so keen on wanting me to prove that God exists....

I say God exists because this universe as we know it is comprised of matter. That matter had to come about somehow. I believe that it was created by God. So since we have proven the universe exists so then does God. For no matter how much you want to bank on scientific theory about the origin of the universe it comes down to this simple equation. Absolutely nothing plus a whole lot of time then bang everything.... That takes way more faith to believe than a creator God who created the universe. So that is my stance. It is reasoned and it has an an explanation with it.... My proof is that matter exists and had to come from somewhere...

Now how in your little mind did the universe come to be? Don't tell me you believe in the fairy tale of the big bang or some other unprovable theory....

So are you going to step up or not? I am betting you won't.... Because you and I both know that you can't back up any thing you might believe....
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:The Bible is not evidence for the existence of God ... ?

Of COURSE it is evidence.
It's a book, you fucking dumbshit...
...that morons like you have been trying to denigrate for centuries. Your 'higher' criticism was pretty much irrelevant when the Dead Sea Srolls showed thet Daniel actually was written before the events in the NT. Let alone the fact that the Nation of Israel and the Jews have been persecuted throughout the centuries- and survived. None of it's persecuters has. And now against all logic they are back in their homeland. Let alone the mathematical improbability of life ever existing in this universe...

Proof? No. Evidence?

Absolutely.

But if you just want to shut yor eyes and wish it all away...
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Yes, there are some amazing things in the universe. However, what makes Christians - or any other religious entity that trots out their Book as The Truth - more close to the answers than anyone else?

Answer - nothing but their own insistence.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

How about everyone agree that none of you have any evidence and it is a matter of faith or in some cases a lack there of...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

mvscal wrote:How the fuck are you supposed to prove a negative, dumbfuck?

That's right, you don't. You say God exists that means it's up to YOU to provide evidence to support your claim or go fuck yourself.
Why don't you pull your head out from your arse and step up to the real question I asked you. I asked if you can explain the origin of the universe and you have avoided that since I have asked and tried to make this about does God exist or not.

That isn't the subject in hand which again proves my point that you lack reading comprehension skills.

Not to mention your argument about God is rather stupid as well. It's a negative? So you don't have to prove anything. You ride the short bus don't you... I could say it's a positive and that you have to prove it not with your foolish logic.

Ok now get back on subject and Prove to me the existance of the universe and how it came to be without bad theory which I suppose you hang your beliefs on...

The universe is real so that is a positive and you HAVE to prove a positive otherwise your an idiot remember....

I am waiting and you are still deflecting.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

mvscal wrote:
Nacho wrote: I asked if you can explain the origin of the universe
No, science currently cannot explain the origin of the universe. To ascribe supernatural causes to phenomena we do not understand is the mark of an ignorant primitive.

You might as well be banging rocks together and hooting at fire.
Was Newton or Einstein a ignorant primitive?.... Sorry just another rabbit trail...

So if science can't explain the origin. How can you have any belief in it existing at all? Seems to me there are huge gaps you have to deal with just to hold on to the belief it was not created... And if you can't disprove it wasn't created how can you tell me it wasn't in the first place.

Prove to me that it wasn't created and I will gladly tell you that you win and that God doesn't exist. But until you can prove it... It is very rational to believe the possibility of a creator....
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Nacho wrote:You really freaking suck at this argument thing...
Nacho wrote:you lack reading comprehension skills.
You ride the short bus don't you...
you are still deflecting

Priceless.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Nacho, you appear to fail in your understanding of what is meant by "Science". Lemme help.

"Science" means "I don't know anything that isn't proven". It also means "here's how we've decided to go about proving things".

Science doesn't state "There's no God". Science is a method by which imperfect humans have attempted to quantify their methods of inquiry.

Christians of your sort start at the other end of the pipe, from the standpoint of Already Knowing Everything, because the English dudes who translated your Book assure you that it's FACT.

That's not good enough.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

PSUFAN wrote:Nacho, you appear to fail in your understanding of what is meant by "Science". Lemme help.

"Science" means "I don't know anything that isn't proven". It also means "here's how we've decided to go about proving things".

Science doesn't state "There's no God". Science is a method by which imperfect humans have attempted to quantify their methods of inquiry.

Christians of your sort start at the other end of the pipe, from the standpoint of Already Knowing Everything, because the English dudes who translated your Book assure you that it's FACT.

That's not good enough.
I see that reading comprehension is a serious problem here... Either it is a virus that mvscal is spreading or there is a gravational effect that traps other people into it....

I never stated that Science says "There's no God"... I have been trying to keep those proponents of Atheism to stay on topic about the origin of the universe. Something science can't prove... I did point that out that science is limited.

Now if you want I can turn my attention to your own foolishness. Please explain to me what "sort" of Christian I am. I am sure your insight into my own makeup as a Christian would be entertaining. So if you want to expose me and my beliefs please go ahead. Make sure you read what I have said are my beliefs before you ascribe to me what you think though. Do some research for a change. As of yet I haven't discussed my personal beliefs in this thread other than I believe in a creator. So your missrepresentation of the facts you have at hand clearly shows your own lack of understanding.

Why do so many of you try to read into things? Do any of you have a formal education?

If you want my scientific ideas concerning the origin of the universe I would say I believe in Intelligent Design. Something prominant minds in the scientific community of past and present subscribe to. So please save your lectures on "Science" for someone who needs to hear them. And while you are at it you might want to take a refresher course on it yourself.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

A question for your "prominant" mind: Do you believe that the Bible is the Literal Word of God?
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

PSUFAN wrote:A question for your "prominant" mind: Do you believe that the Bible is the Literal Word of God?
Now you are trying to flatter me with compliments.... I never called my mind prominant but I am glad you think so...

First you hate me then next you love me. Are you a woman?

If you want my thoughts on that subject start another thread and put together some sort of thought so I can respond to it in kind...

This is a complete rabbit trail from the whole origin of the universe we have been discussing or it was some feeble attempt to try to trap me into saying something you wanted me to. It also shows you don't understand the "sort" of Christian I am... I'm still waiting on that....

Either add to the discussion or get off at the nearest exit...
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'm trying to put my impression of you to the test.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

A test?

You must be a woman.....
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Nacho wrote:I see that reading comprehension is a serious problem here... Either it is a virus that mvscal is spreading or there is a gravational effect that traps other people into it....
Or option C, you're a complete dumbfuck.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Bassman, they don't have an answer.

They have no answer for the behavior of the apostles.
No answer for what exploded in the 'big bang' .... and where it came from. lol

No answer for how life could magically arise from non-life.
No answer for when, where, and why life somehow learned to reproduce itself.
No answer at all for how the laws of the universe (gravity, inertia, etc ... ) came into being.

And on and on ............

They're just CERTAIN that it all didn't come from God.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

poptart wrote:They're just CERTAIN that it all didn't come from God.
Albert Einstein wrote:God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Dinsdale wrote:
Nacho wrote:You really freaking suck at this argument thing...
Nacho wrote:you lack reading comprehension skills.
You ride the short bus don't you...
you are still deflecting

Priceless.
You know where I stand on this so you know my motives are pure when I ask you if I should even read this Nacho character or scroll right on by?
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

RadioFan wrote:
Nacho wrote:I see that reading comprehension is a serious problem here... Either it is a virus that mvscal is spreading or there is a gravational effect that traps other people into it....
Or option C, you're a complete dumbfuck.
Another tard taking something out of context in hopes to run some smack and failing to do so....

Would you care to elaborate on something I have said, or are you content in trying to say that I am a reason for the lack of reading comprehension on this board....

I clearly understand what is being said on this thread whereas I doubt you do... Unless you want to add to the discussion.....

I sure hope your insight is better than your smack. If it isn't, then you might want rethink this venture....
Last edited by Nacho on Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

PSUFAN wrote:Yes, there are some amazing things in the universe. However, what makes Christians ..more close to the answers than anyone else?
History. The fact of prophecies being fulliled. The survival of the Jewish people, for example is evidence (as opposed to proof) that there actually is something unique about them. Then there is the Corpus Delecti matter....

Show me the body.

Jesus' (Christ to some of us), that is.

What was the motive for the original Christians who knew and walked with him to be tortured for some conspiriatorial lie?

That's for starters. The fact is that the rational reasons to believe overwhelm the emotional ones to deny.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage