New Yorkers...a little help please

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

New Yorkers...a little help please

Post by Mikey »

I want to go to Cooperstown for induction weekend, but I'm a little late making my plans. My wife has a cousin in Rochester, but that's a little far away for a day trip. What's the closest place that's likely to any rooms available then?
Some Damn Retard
Elwood

Post by Some Damn Retard »

Do a google search and check out the local Bed & Breakfasts. Generally, if they are in Cooperstown and look decent on their web site, they will be.
A BILL to Regulate the Hunting and Harvesting of Attorneys PC 370.00:

370.02. Bag Limits per day: yellow-bellied sidewinders 2 two-faced tortfeasors 1
back-stabbing divorce litigators 3 horn-rimmed cut-throats 2 minutiae-advocating vultures 4 honest attorneys protected (endangered species)
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'm going to ride the bus home today, T1B. Should I take the 71A, 77D, 77G, or 73B? Which of those have times most conducive to my schedule?

Dinner will have to be scheduled, as well. What's the closest place that's likely to any food available then?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I know how to find a freaking hotel.

:meds:

I'm talking about HOF induction weekend, and everything I've looked at in the area is booked solid.

I was hoping one of the local yokels might have some insight about the area and possible towns within a manageable drive of Cooperstown that may have been overlooked by the teeming crowds.
Some Damn Retard
Elwood

Post by Some Damn Retard »

Dinner? Is that what you call all that window licking?
A BILL to Regulate the Hunting and Harvesting of Attorneys PC 370.00:

370.02. Bag Limits per day: yellow-bellied sidewinders 2 two-faced tortfeasors 1
back-stabbing divorce litigators 3 horn-rimmed cut-throats 2 minutiae-advocating vultures 4 honest attorneys protected (endangered species)
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Oneonta NY is not far away---home of a branch of the State University of NY, should have available motel rooms during the summer--- Google Hampton Inn or whatever and I'm guessing you'll make out fine !
Push comes to shove---try Binghamton NY--down the road on I-88.
Last edited by Wolfman on Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

You could always go the "In Cold Blood" route and get you a farmhouse somewhere outside of town for a few days.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: New Yorkers...a little help please

Post by BSmack »

Mikey wrote:I want to go to Cooperstown for induction weekend, but I'm a little late making my plans. My wife has a cousin in Rochester, but that's a little far away for a day trip. What's the closest place that's likely to any rooms available then?
[Marcus]Obviously your chances of scoring a room in Cooperstown itself are zero and none.[/Marcus]

Although anywhere east of Syracuse and west of Albany should work, I'd recommend on this short a notice looking around the east side of Syracuse near the airport. There are plenty of hotels in the area around Hancock Field errr "International Airport" in Syracuse. Hancock is very convenient to the Thruway and is a little less than 90 minutes from Cooperstown. If you're flying in there on Friday, you might just want to grab a room there and use it as your base of operations for getting in and out of Cooperstown. Or course if you want to get a little closer to Cooperstown, you could look in the Rome/Utica area. Chances are there might be a few beds left there and your trip in will be more like 1 hour. Anywhere closer I'd say is a crapshoot. Though you might score a decent B&B stay if you dig around some of the small towns just off the Thruway north of Cooperstown.

Alternatively, Albany would work as well.

FYI, Rochester is about 3 hours from Cooperstown. Depending on where exactly your wife's cousin is located, it may even be closer (like if she's in Victor or Henrietta near the Thruway. The induction ceremony starts at 1:30, so you would be able to swing a trip out to Cooperstown on Saturday if you left nice and early in the morning.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

BSmack has a new crib around Crapchester, if all else fails give him a buzz :wink:
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

When you get there, can you take a picture of the last mohican and PM it to me.

TIA
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Wolfman wrote:Oneonta NY is not far away---home of a branch of the State University of NY, should have available motel rooms during the summer--- Google Hampton Inn or whatever and I'm guessing you'll make out fine !
Push comes to shove---try Binghamton NY--down the road on I-88.
Oneonta Hampton Inn wrote:We're sorry; there are no rooms available that meet your criteria at this hotel.
We recommend you try one of the options below:
- Try changing your dates or criteria and search again.
- View Availability Calendar if you have flexible travel dates
- Contact a reservations agent for further assistance at 1-800-560-7809
- Select a different hotel from the list below.
Binghamton? Do they even have an airport?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

BSmack wrote:Binghamton? Do they even have an airport?
No, but I hear their municiple workers have a deece card game on payday.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Yes they do---and sometimes it is even cheaper to fly in and out from than Hancock !
I looked at the Oneonta Hampton Inn site too--picked Hampton Inn as they are usually a consistantly good motel
--- I could make some wild guesses at places like Cobelskill, Sidney, Richfield Springs,
and other places near Cooperstown---and Mikey should just look at a map of CNY and do a lot of searching.
Then again--maybe book a room for next year !
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Wolfman wrote:Then again--maybe book a room for next year !
Why? Will they be inducting the other half of Tony Gwynn next year?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

...problem solved!

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Who's the bald dude playing pocket pool?

:oops:
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Mikey wrote:Who's the bald dude playing pocket pool?

:oops:

uh, no idear!
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Mikey,

If you don't mind a little driving, Binghamton, Syracuse and Albany are all less than 100 miles away. I'm sure you could find a hotel room somewhere in there.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

So Mikey, how's the hotel hunt goin?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

We got a room at the Holiday Inn Express (should make for some good jokes eventually) in Albany for 3 nights. At least it's in the western part of Albany. And it's a two room suite so we won't be too crowded with the two teenagers.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

PET requested

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

:?:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Have fun on the 29th, Mikey. I hope you have nice weather... Take good pictures and stuff.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Thanks. We're going to make a full week trip out of it and go to Niagara Falls, and visit my stepdaughter and her kids in NJ as well a possible foray into Canada.

I've got a 2 GB flash card that I'll be trying to fill up.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Aha. I had a feeling he wasn't talking about Polyethylene Terephthalate.

PET will definitely be in the works.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

note:

Returning from Canada it would be a good idea to have birth certificates as well as any photo IDs for everyone--Just in case you run into some prick of a Customs guy.
Next year you will need passports. The frickin' Homeland Defense Dept. can't even get us ID cards in time and they say they'll be able to do 24 hour checks on 12 milliion illegal residents ??

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

We're putting out passport applications in tomorrow. We won't have the passports in time, but with the application in hand and photo ID we shouldn't have too much problema.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Mikey wrote:We got a room at the Holiday Inn Express (should make for some good jokes eventually) in Albany for 3 nights. At least it's in the western part of Albany. And it's a two room suite so we won't be too crowded with the two teenagers.
Holiday Inn Express? Suite?
Bwha.

Hope you like the kneewall the dropped into a regular sized room between the beds and the tv.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Ken wrote:Hope you like the kneewall the dropped into a regular sized room between the beds and the tv.
You're slipping.

Mikey, I think there's a world-famous hot-dog place in Albany. Saw it the other night on Food Nework. Can't remember the name ...
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Mikey wrote:We're putting out passport applications in tomorrow. We won't have the passports in time, but with the application in hand and photo ID we shouldn't have too much problema.
Just drive up to the LA Federal Building. You'll have a passport in just a few hours. I drove down from Fresno a few years ago and was back later that day. Fallbrook is a lot shorter of a drive.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yeah zz, but with four people that makes it four times as far.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Hey Mikey, make sure you take your golf clubs and snap a few drives along with a few pics for us. Charger Mike and I are having a reunion of sorts on June 25th up in my neck of the woods. If you're around and want to make a drive PM me. It's a fund raiser for my golf team.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Mikey, You don't need anything other than a Guvment issue photo ID unless you are arriving by air transportation. In January all transportation outside the US requires a Passport.

Have a safe and awesome trip.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Mikey wrote:We got a room at the Holiday Inn Express
If you had stayed in one of those a week ago, this thread would not have been necessary.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

two teenagers. nice.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mikey wrote:We're putting out passport applications in tomorrow. We won't have the passports in time, but with the application in hand and photo ID we shouldn't have too much problema.
Is Canada a part of your itinerary???

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

BSmack wrote:
Is Canada a part of your itinerary???
If you were a parent, you'd understand how stupid that question makes you look.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

TWIS, we're not urine-quaffing dumbfucks, so I don't think you and I can fully understand the question.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:If you were a parent, you'd understand how stupid that question makes you look.
My bust. I missed it the second time around. You see, when he started the thread, he just said he was going to Cooperstown. I guess now he's going to slice and dice his way all over the U&R.
PSU wrote:urine-quaffing
Someone from the home of Iron City beer making constant comments about "urine-quaffing" is more than a little ironic.

Doncha think?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown