Golfing tomorrow and Sunday

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Golfing tomorrow and Sunday

Post by indyfrisco »

The wee-fay has granted me permission to golf Saturday and Sunday....with her dad. He's a 7 handicap and I'm a 14 but I plan on beating his ass at least once.

Anyone else hitting the links this weekend?

I will post an update on my ass-kicking (or ass-kicked) at a later time.

Pops-in-law is going down....and not the way I said I did in high school.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

when your ASS gets kicked....remember that the CLUB Guru is here to Serve.

i might get to play in May--->FICK!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Went yesterday afternoon. Weather isn't looking too cooperative for the next couple of days.

I did OK...except for blowing up the living shit out of an easy par 5...to the tune of a 10. Skied drive...missed the out from the trees...punched out(sitting 3 with a long way to go)...found a rather large ball-washer in the middle of the fairway...dropped 5...missed the 100 yard wedge...botched the greensider...two putt.

Freaking 10. The blowup strangely coincided with my umpteenth beer. I'm sure that had nothing to do with it. As I'm sure it had nothing to do with my buddy, a light drinker generally, going from under par to finishing with a 40.

Aaaaaand...on the last tee(9), I hit a perfect high draw, which the hole dictates. Well, I think it would have been perfect...if the shaft didn't explode on contact. I'm not sure if I have any use for graphite on the fairway woods, anyway. I may not have Tiger's game, but we share the same theory -- only graphite shaft I need is on the driver. Of course, my 4-PW are all R graphite...but I'll fix that.

On the bright side...after my 10, I did the old "watch this drive of anger and malice." Since I left my big bag o'balls at home(I figured after a 10, I deserved the humiliation of playing a yellow ball...I NEVER play with the colored balls...gaygaygay...unless it's snowing...and I can go years without seeing snow, much less trying to play in it), I was hitting some POS x-out thing, which didn't even sound right. Didn't stop me from banging my anger-and-malice shot well out past 300. Usually, when I call my shot with "oh yeaaahhhhh? WATCH THIS!" it's usually a pretty safe bet it's going at least two fairways over...but I actually kept it in the portion of the course that I was renting at the time...which is nice. And I still bogied the damn hole. Ugh.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Well, pop-in-law beat my ass that weekend as usual. I did drive a 320 yard par 4 over trees though. Plugged into the green. 3 putt.

Unrack me.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I didn't go, but one of my bestest golf buddies went with his dad and dad's buddy a few days ago. Dad's Buddy shot his age...he's 67.

Sick.

So then, he goes with his pops and a different buddy, who also shot his age...dude is 85. My buddy John said it wouldn't have been so bad, except John didn't have a particulary good day, and the old man beat him.

Whereas my effort last weekend was a roller coaster. A couple of double bogies, a couple of birdies...one of those days I just couldn't make up my mind whether I sucked or not.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:...one of those days I just couldn't make up my mind whether I sucked or not.

We could put it up for a vote.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:

An easy par3 already made that decision.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:

An easy par3 already made that decision.
Well, that's no way to run a democracy.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It wasn't any way to put a 50* wedge in play, either.

Monumental whiff. I'd just put a 4 iron near the hole from about 210, but for some reason couldn't hit a wedge off a tee to get it into the same area code as the green. But who knows, maybe that Pro V1 might provide some shelter for some crawdad to bury its eggs under.