Anyone have a nice "free" mp3 splitter program?

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Anyone have a nice "free" mp3 splitter program?

Post by At Large »

I'm looking for a program that will split up my 3.5 hour Howard Stern mp3s into separate files so that if I accidentally hit the wrong button and go back to the beggining, I don't have to fast forward through 2 hours to get back to my point. I was using a trial version, but that's over and I don't think $20 is worth getting the registered version.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Nevermind. I found a pretty good one. It's not automatic. You have to enter in the number gaps to split, but that doesn't take long.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Howard Stern Re-runs are not worth 20 bucks dude. Buy a couple of books and learn something. worthwhile.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Mister Bushice wrote:Howard Stern Re-runs are not worth 20 bucks dude. Buy a couple of books and learn something. worthwhile.
Gee, I never read any books when I got my teaching degree in English. :roll:

I read books all of the time. I read two newspapers a day. To each their own...
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Does the Sports section and Comics qualify for 2 newspapers?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

At Large wrote:Nevermind. I found a pretty good one. It's not automatic. You have to enter in the number gaps to split, but that doesn't take long.
So what's the name of the program?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

I've never had use for an mp3 splitter, but I've heard that mp3split does the job very well. You could also use Audacity, which is an excellent, all-purpose audio editor.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

BSmack wrote:
At Large wrote:Nevermind. I found a pretty good one. It's not automatic. You have to enter in the number gaps to split, but that doesn't take long.
So what's the name of the program?
Mega MP3splitter
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Never used it, but I seem to have, at some point, come into a program called MPEG Audio Scissors, by TFM.

Can't tell you how it works, how well it works, or if it even does work, but I know it's freeware.

Hope that helps.

OK, I'm lying. I don't care if that helps.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one