Flames-Wings thread

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Who is trolling as moon? I'm more disappointed in you than you should be in me. You're defending this crap.

The Flames are acting out in anger because a team they thought would roll over hasn't rolled over. The Wings have been the more physical team in the series without resorting to the crap the Flames pulled at the end of today's game. I'm sure Jarome and Jamie will get plenty of time to cool down after they get sent to the golf course after tomorrow. The Flames are a prideful team but their pride must've got stuck in their throat when they were trying to swallow it today. Way to lose while looking like thugs.
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

Shoalzie wrote:Who is trolling as moon? I'm more disappointed in you than you should be in me. You're defending this crap.

The Flames are acting out in anger because a team they thought would roll over hasn't rolled over. The Wings have been the more physical team in the series without resorting to the crap the Flames pulled at the end of today's game. I'm sure Jarome and Jamie will get plenty of time to cool down after they get sent to the golf course after tomorrow. The Flames are a prideful team but their pride must've got stuck in their throat when they were trying to swallow it today. Way to lose while looking like thugs.
You don't get suspend for hooking and a few crosschecks. He did not butt-end anyone so no need to get suspended.

I am not defending what Noodles did. I think he should get suspended, but I am happy he did it and think it was what the team needed. It wasn't nearly as brutal as it sounds or initially looked and Fransons dive made it look worse. They are players in this series that have done much worse, particularly one guy who shouldn't ever have been allowed on the ice again.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

That line was to imply the Flames are going down tomorrow. I doubt Iginla gets suspended but McLennan will because it was so blatantly obvious and caught on camera.

You're complaining about what the Wings are doing...care to expand on that thought? Are players not allowed to stand near the net and screen the goalie?
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

Lebda went after Langkows knee with a late dirty hit, Cleary lowered his shoulder and hit Kiprusoff in game 1, Holmstrom repeatedly hitting, slashing, skating over Kiprusoff, Clearys elbow on Phaneuf, Datsyuks elbow on Phaneuf.

I have no problem with standing in front of the net but this series Holmstrom has spent more time on top of Kipprusoff and hitting him than screening him. He also has perfected the cross check the defenseman in the back after the whistle so he falls on Kipper as well.

Forgot to add Draper attempting to elbow Nilson with about 20 seconds left and than, as he does after any cheap shot, pussing out when Nilson confronted him.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I saw the Draper attempted elbow...I won't defend that.

Bottom line, the emotions are boiling over right now...not just with the players on the ice but with the fans. I apologize for the swipe at the city of Calgary...that's out of character for me. I said what I said because the game just ended and I was mad at what I saw. I'm not going to call the Wings boy scouts in this series. The Flames are a rugid team and this year's Wings team are proving to not be pushovers.
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

Shoalzie wrote:I saw the Draper attempted elbow...I won't defend that.

Bottom line, the emotions are boiling over right now...not just with the players on the ice but with the fans. I apologize for the swipe at the city of Calgary...that's out of character for me. I said what I said because the game just ended and I was mad at what I saw. I'm not going to call the Wings boy scouts in this series. The Flames are a rugid team and this year's Wings team are proving to not be pushovers.
I am a bit surprised by that. Datysuk and Zetterberg are still the guys I expected but the grittier guys on the team are acting a lot tougher and standing up to Calgary a lot more than any Red Wings team in the past. I think they will get killed in the next round by either the Sharks if they have to play them but this is a much more play-off ready team than I have ever seem from Detroit.
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

Shoalzie wrote:
Bottom line, the emotions are boiling over right now...not just with the players on the ice but with the fans. I apologize for the swipe at the city of Calgary...that's out of character for me.
No big deal on the calgary comment. I too am pretty worked up about the game and more angry at some of the comments from other Detroit fans and the fans at the Joe than anything else. Someone mentioned on another board that it is series like this that create rivalries not 8 games a season against some team. There is definately some bad blood developing between the teams and fans.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Very true...I don't think a full-on Avs-Wings rivalry has been started but this series will have some carry over into next season.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

It's obvious that Iginla did not butt-end Schneider. I don't know how that stuff gets started.. The crowd also thought the Flames had something to do with Cleary's injury...which was obviously not the case.

I'm not condoning Calgary gooning it up in the 3rd...but this is the playoffs, and it's a legitimate strategy for them to try to build up energy for the next game. It's not pretty...but it has been done since the '20s. This is an 8th seed on the ropes...I'm not at all surprised it boiled over. Detroit are big boys...they can handle themselves.

Clement, Hull & Ferraro sounded like bleeding vag's with their post-game commentary. I found that to be somewhat surprising. This is the league which has been selling its seedy underbelly all year long. The Wild/Ducks series was one gigantic cheapshot...as well as the Nashville/SJ series.

Still, at the end of the day...Tomorrow is must-see TV. It should be interesting to see if Hasek can handle his first back-to-back of the season.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Rat Pack wrote:Hull...sounded like bleeding vag's with their post-game commentary. I found that to be somewhat surprising.
well, not really considering Hull was one of those, as larry robinson so eloquently put it, "whining babies," regarding physical play in the late 90s early 00s.

can't believe it took a rout in game 5 to finally have the flamers realize they have to do more to stick up for kipper. mclennan is a piece of shit but something had to be done.

and you can't hate on holmstrom. as much as i love to hate on the wings, the flamers have consistantly allowed him all series to get way too tight with kipper. this should have been corrected after game one.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Homer gets deep on everyone, that's his office. The Flames totally gooned up todays game. Why is it okay to be so pre meditated just because you're getting run out of the rink? Score more, cry less. That goalie substitution move was soooo bush league, I've never seen anything like it. That pussy was flailing away like one of Dins' lumberjack neighbors. There is no place in any sport for shit like that.

Fuck the Flames.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

So Mclennan gets a 5 game suspension.. Playfair gets $25 000 fine..and the Flames get a $100 000 organizational fine. That sounds about right.

Iginla & Langkow not getting anything puts too rest any talk of a butt-end or the clipping. Obviously, the league feels Lebda low-bridging Langkow evened that play out for both teams.

I can't wait for game 6.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Oh boy...OT hockey and thankfully the Wings aren't in a do-or-die situation. They should treat this like they're the more desperate team. Keep pumping the shots on Kipper and one of them will go in. The Flames aren't getting many chances but most of them are quality and Dom has had to be huge...especially in the third.

OT Pick to Click: Datsyuk
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

4 miin PP.....uuuuuuuuuuuuugh......nothing
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Yowsa...thought we had a winner there in the closing seconds. The Flames are holding on for dear life but they had two PPs to get the winner. The Wings' PK has neutralized the Flames' second best weapon...their best weapon is #34.

Sucks about Homer...the cut came close to his eye and he's at the hospital. Down to 11 forwards...
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

as you know....a FLUKE Goal is coming...

Holmey needs to get in and out of the hospital FAST...to make the flight Home
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

RACK Franzen....not really a FLUKE Goal!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Yeehaw! I'm spent...awesome day of Detroit sports with the "good guys" coming out on top in hockey and hardball.
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

Pathetic series from the Flames ends a pathetic season.

Congrats to you Shoalzie you are a good fan and deserve the win.

I will hold back my feelings on the series until I calm down but I am not impressed with plenty of things.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Thanks moon...I apologize for my conduct after Game 5 but like I said, it was the heat of the moment. The game just ended and I ranted before I took time to think. You know I'm better than that.

Onto the second round...looking forward to the Game 7 tomorrow. Stars wins, it'll be the Stars in the next round. If the Canucks win, it'll be the Sharks. I won't lie...I would rather see the Stars in the second round and let the Ducks and Sharks beat the holy hell out of each other. The Sharks are the scariest team in the West right now.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

That about how it would have gone on paper.

I understand that Flamesfan is vulnerable & raw...but what were they really expecting? They squeezed in as an 8th seed...playing against a solid veteran squad. Their road woes were well documented throughout the season..so it's no real surprise that they couldn't get it done on the road.

They can't win faceoffs..and that killed them. I'm inclined to believe that Calgary should keep their coach..and use the $3.2 million they made from the playoffs (minus $100 000) and get a proven faceoff guy. Calgary isn't that far off from being at the top of their game...they're in better shape than some other playoff duds. And you might just have the best goalie in the league.

The road game problems are a real puzzle....but then again not many teams win 30 games at home.

I think Bertuzzi is still injured....but I love his game. Some people say he has lost his edge. Whatever...he still impresses me. He's so generous with the puck....he may have taken an untimely penalty in OT but he has been really disciplined.

I think Detroit is coming out of this series on the limp. That may not bode well down the road.
Finishing out a series on the road is never easy...so props to the Wings for that.
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

Shoalzie wrote:Nice meltdown, Flames...I hope the Wings go into your drunken cowboy, titty-flashy whore of a town and fuckin' finish you off tomorrow night. Complete chicken shit...RACK the Wings for not taking the bait. I hope McLennan and Iginla get the book thrown at them...I hope it was worth it. SCOREBOARD, CALGARY!
Truly a disgrace. The flaming 'C'hiefs. How appropriate NBC was showing slapshot clips.

Great win......long ways to go yet.