At least 34 dead at VaTech {G}

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

R-Jack wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:
mvscal wrote: It also would have prevented him from legally purchasing firearms.
So what?

-republicans
....and and and another thing..........when you are you are tarding up threads with your shit posts, here's an idea...............have a point. It makes it so much more interesting for the reader.
Just because you have a lack of intelligence doesn't mean there wasn't a point in my posts. It usually means that the point went over your dull head.

I'll try explaining the point to you. Let me know if you need help understanding any of the words.

Republicans like to chant in gun control debates that gun control laws only effect law-abiding citizens. mvstard made a statement that a restraining order would have prevented Cho from legally obtaining a gun.

Here comes the really tough part, R-junk. Try to stick with us.

Why would republicans care about what a gun control law (such as keeping guns out of the hands of people w/ restraining orders) would have done if they don't think they're effective in the first place?

Take all the time you need to think this through. We wouldn't want you to overload your last remaining brain cells.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I hear Home Depot is going to look into a new marketing campaign.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

BSmack wrote:I hear Home Depot is going to look into a new marketing campaign.

that is soooo wrong....
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

So wrong but funny in a sick way.

mvscal,

A restraining order ? I thought only a felony would prohibit you from being able to purchase a weapon in VA.

Also, I think .... if I had a weapon to sell ... and I sold it privately to somebody ... I commit no crime.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

I know that was the law in CA when I was there, Tom. As long as the restraining order is valid, you can't purchase a firearm in CA.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Right but Virginia, in many peoples' eyes is very poor in their gun control laws.

The only one I know for a fact is that folks could sell a person a weapon via "Craigs List" or something without going through the whole criminal background check thing. Gun shows are a similiar situation. This is what gun control people gripe the most about in VA.

As far as I know, it's a felony and I'm not sure a restraining order necessarily means the person who is restrained ... is convicted of anything.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Tom In VA wrote: As far as I know, it's a felony and I'm not sure a restraining order necessarily means the person who is restrained ... is convicted of anything.
It doesn't. I can get a restraining order against you if I can convince a judge that you're a reasonable threat.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I'd be more afraid if he was an unreasonable threat.
Richard McBeef
Fuckin' Noob

Post by Richard McBeef »

From this sick tragedy is born the greatness that is ME.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Tom In VA wrote: I thought only a felony would prohibit you from being able to purchase a weapon in VA.
Nope.

Code of Virginia §18.2-308.1:4

It shall be unlawful for any person who is subject to (i) a protective order ... (issued for stalking) ... to purchase or transport any firearm while the order is in effect...

GEDcal is a Racist tard but he looks to be right on this one.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Moving Sale wrote:
Tom In VA wrote: I thought only a felony would prohibit you from being able to purchase a weapon in VA.
Nope.

Code of Virginia §18.2-308.1:4

It shall be unlawful for any person who is subject to (i) a protective order ... (issued for stalking) ... to purchase or transport any firearm while the order is in effect...

GEDcal is a Racist tard but he looks to be right on this one.
Cool. Thanks. I wasn't saying he was wrong, I just didn't know.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

OCmike wrote:
Tom In VA wrote: As far as I know, it's a felony and I'm not sure a restraining order necessarily means the person who is restrained ... is convicted of anything.
It doesn't. I can get a restraining order against you if I can convince a judge that you're a reasonable threat.
Only for a short period of time. In order to get a permanent restraining order, you need a conviction.

A restraining order, without more, might have thrown off Cho's timetable slightly, but it wouldn't have prevented the incident altogether.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

Did anyone else think the asshole in question(mark) sounded like Napoleon Dynamite? This morning Opie and Anthony agreed with that and busted on ? appropriately.

Nice wytch job Bsmack. But that pic gets me to laugh for a different reason: it's pretty damn funny the petite lil moron has to use a two handed swing like that for a hammer.

velocet
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

BSmack wrote:I hear Home Depot is going to look into a new marketing campaign.

White dude. Check.

Black chick. Check.

Smelly Indian dude. Check.

Gook. Check.

I'd say that is a perfectly PC ad there.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

velocet wrote:Nice wytch job Bsmack. But that pic gets me to laugh for a different reason: it's pretty damn funny the petite lil moron has to use a two handed swing like that for a hammer.
I wish I could take credit for it. But it was a co-worker who sent it to me.

Here's another one courtesy of Fark

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Venom Venge, anyone?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Is he so mad because his adam's apple is swinging to the right a little?
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

IndyFrisco wrote:Is he so mad because his adam's apple is swinging to the right a little?
Either that or it's his lazy left eye that did it.
AP's Other Eye
You lookin' at me, Punk?

Post by AP's Other Eye »

OCmike wrote: Either that or it's his lazy left eye that did it.

[align=right]RACK![/align]
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

OCmike wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:Is he so mad because his adam's apple is swinging to the right a little?
Either that or it's his lazy left eye that did it.
Maybe he's mad because he actually meant the shoot out to be in another school building a little more to the right.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Havn't seen anybody comment on this, but Unrack the fucking Media for posting the video and the pics and the rest of the shit that goes with this bullshit. I'm out in Eastern TN right now, and one of my customers had a cutomer come into today and get into a confrontation with a manager and promptly announce "there's gonna be another VATech right here". Of course my customer has to take this shit seriously, and fucks up our meeting and presentation.

Oh yea, my customer's kid's middle school was locked down yesterday when somebody called in a threat and that was just here. I've also read that Texas and one other collge have already had lockdowns or cancelled classes due to copycat threats.
I just talked to the wife and the middle school in Blue springs also got locked down today.

This is just like what happened after Columbine, first the bullshit threats, then the real thing. We were talking about it today, and it's not a question of if, but when some other stupid little fuck is gonna decide to go shoot up his school.

So with the memory of Columbine still etched in our minds, the question becomes how fuckking irresponsible is it for USA Today to banner their front page with this bullshit pic:

Unfucking real.

I'm all Mr. First ammendment, but let's get real. Is the need to sell a more copy that great that your gonna send one more of these would be little psychopaths over the edge? Did we really need to see Wambo in full battle gear.

No.

Really hating on the media right this minute.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:Did we really need to see Wambo in full battle gear.

I've got a "battle vest" very similar to that. I wear it when I go fishing...since that's what it's made for.

The fishing vest has a sweet inside pocket for the Walther, though.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Gee, that comment solidifies you as a stable person for sure.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

It's funny how the media will show the Cho videos, but backed away from the Saddam hanging until everyone had already seen it on the internet. But NBC have had their logo plastered all over the world, so they're happy enough.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

KC Scott wrote:I'm all Mr. First ammendment, but let's get real. Is the need to sell a more copy that great that your gonna send one more of these would be little psychopaths over the edge? Did we really need to see Wambo in full battle gear.
This particular one wasn't about the First Amendment. The media is also in the business of making money. NBC had an exclusive and they knew it. There was no way they weren't going to run with it. Screw whether it was the right decision -- it meant ratings, and that's the bottom line for them.

And Nish is right -- the fact that the Saddam hanging was not shown on the news until everyone saw it on the internets speaks more clearly to the First Amendment than does the airing of the Cho video.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

KC Scott wrote: Did we really need to see Wambo in full battle gear.

No.

Really hating on the media right this minute.
Supposedly they debated for hours at NBC whether or not to air the tapes and obviously we know how that conversation ended. However, the problem doesn't lie there, it lies with the American public. The night that NBC aired those tapes, they beat the other two big networks by 3 solid points in the ratings.

By showing the videos, NBC stuck its neck out a bit and asked America if it was okay. We reponded by voting with our remote controls with a resounding "Fuck yeah!"

So if you hate seeing this shit on tv and in the newspapers, don't blame the messenger, blame your neighbor.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Dinsdale wrote:I've got a "battle vest" very similar to that. I wear it when I go fishing...since that's what it's made for.

The fishing vest has a sweet inside pocket for the Walther, though.
OK, now I'm clear about the origin of the saying, "It's like shooting fish in a barrel."

Chalk up another first for the U&L, superstar.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:The only pictures of that fuckstain that should be released are his "after" pictures.
Ahhhh....

You're talking about the Glock Bukake pics.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Just a matter of time.

Got face?
4 king guy
Elwood

Post by 4 king guy »

Noone give Mvscal a gun!!

You can be mentally ill and still purchase a gun in Virginia (as long as your doctor has never committed you to a locked psychiatric facility for being a danger to yourself or others).
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

That's comforting. "Arming suicidal people" doesn't seem like sound policy.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

OCmike wrote:That's comforting. "Arming suicidal people" doesn't seem like sound policy.
Yeah, but it's their constitutional right.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

I saw the WBC Crusade of Terror on pay per view last month. America did kick the church members asses in the cage match, but I thought the clergy held their own in the tag team competition.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

:lol:

Their church website is http://www.godhatesfags.com

They dont mind mexicans though...
http://www.godhatesfags.com/espanol/
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Jsc;
The UGlies have a habit of doing c&p's of the same nature for pretty much every KIA w/o any intention of actually showing. I've only seen that group once. If a memorial service is pretty considerable they generally only show if they have at least two or three weeks notice (cheaper airfare). I sort of doubt they will show. And since this isn't a military funeral the Patriot Guard Riders won't be there to serve as a barrier. I look forward to seeing how the locals welcome the asswipes. :twisted:

I do have to thank you for posting that news release, though. I got a good laugh after noticing the first three digits of their zip code. :lol:
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

They never should've let Cho out after he was commited, espeically after he beat up Uncle Junior Soprano.

Creepy Coincidence Much?
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Jsc810 wrote:Free speech is a constitutional right, but that doesn't mean I always like it.

Some mad bastards wrote:Virginia Tech Preaching Missions Cancelled

Westboro Baptist Church hereby cancels all pending pickets, and agrees not to schedule future pickets, related to The Virginia Tech Massacre, on the following terms and conditions; to wit: In consideration for 3 hours of national radio time with Mike Gallagher on his National Radio Show -- next Tuesday, April 24, from 9 a.m. to 12 noon New York time -- Westboro Baptist Church has agreed to cancel all pickets now pending and not to schedule future pickets related to The Virginia Tech Massacre. Westboro Baptist Church representatives will appear in studio with Mr. Gallagher, and will freely discuss WBC's religious position relative to such tragedies as The Virginia Tech Massacre.
Some mad bastards also wrote:The Virginia Tech Students are Still in Hell

WBC will continue to preach aboutt the funerals of the Virginia Tech students killed on campus during a shooting rampage April 16, 2007. Whether over the radio or in person, you will still receive our message.

You describe this as monumental horror, but you know nothing of horror -- yet. Your bloody tyrant Bush says he is 'horrified' by it all. You know nothing of horror -- yet. Your true horror is coming. " They shall also gird themselves with sackloth, and horror shall cover them; and shame shall be upon all faces, and baldness upon all their heads" (Eze. 7:18 ).

Why did this happen, you ask? It's simple. On April 16, 2007, this nation, through the offices of your military and conspirators therewith took a shot at the servants of God -- your marksman was limp and lame and he had terror all around, so he did a lousy job. But what you get for your trouble is that your God shot at you! The LORD your God sent a crazed madman to shoot at your children, and he didn't miss. Get this straight -- God sent this South Korean madman to kill 31 of your children at Virginia Tech. Was God asleep while this took place? Was He on vacation? Of course not. He willed this to happen to punish you for assailing His servants.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”