At least 34 dead at VaTech {G}

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

PSUFAN wrote:Yep - the idea that this guy would have been deterred from his blood spree by the idea that some of the kids might have been armed is ridiculous.

No, the point is, that if some of the students of faculty were armed, the spree may well have come to a much earlier, less gruesome ending.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Bizzarofelice wrote:THE QUESTION IS MOOT!!
RACK Old School SNL resets.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

BSmack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:The initial shooting was at West Ambler Johnston, nappy-headed Cho lived at Harper Residence Hall.
Checking a campus maps shows that Harper was just two buildings away from West Ambler Johnson. Norris Lecture Hall is smack dab in the middle of the lecture hall area. Which means Cho had to have passed at least 10 other instructional buildings and a dorm building or two before reaching Norris. He probably walked past thousands of fellow students without pulling the trigger. Yet, when he reaches Norris, he shoots the place up?

Mmmmmmmm

Where's encyclopedia Brown when you need him? This one looks easy. He capped his girl(or ex) in her dorm, and the RA from that floor, Then went to the lecture hall to find the dude she was fucking. Seems he had a very specific agenda!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

If you're desperate to blame the media for something, have a go at the cloying sentimentality that infests broadcasts, as if we have to be told how terrible it is. When did TV news start to lick a dog's arsehole?
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

You don't watch much American TV News, do you nish?

It's been licking dogs' arseholes pretty close to 20 years. Katie Couric going with the on-air Goth look is a bit over the top, though
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

The media needs to report facts not speculation. That's it.

Here's a fact. This old fart had brass ones. Survived the Nazis during WWII, made a life and a career and gave it all up to save students.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Nishlord wrote:If you're desperate to blame the media for something, have a go at the cloying sentimentality that infests broadcasts, as if we have to be told how terrible it is. When did TV news start to lick a dog's arsehole?
about the time Kronkite came on the scene.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

mvscal wrote:
Nishlord wrote:If you're desperate to blame the media for something, have a go at the cloying sentimentality that infests broadcasts, as if we have to be told how terrible it is. When did TV news start to lick a dog's arsehole?
Did the Iranians give you permission to stop sucking their balls?
And have you ever been right on anything in the last four years? Shit, you couldn't even pick a winner in a North Korean election.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Headhunter wrote:

Where's encyclopedia Brown when you need him? This one looks easy. He capped his girl(or ex) in her dorm, and the RA from that floor, Then went to the lecture hall to find the dude she was fucking. Seems he had a very specific agenda!
Exactly. From what's being reported he's been planning this for over a month. He got the 9mm in March, waits the 30 days and then buys the .22. Looks like he called in the bomb threats to test campus security. Probably ran a few sims on his escape route out of the 1st dorm. Got down the class times of the people he was looking to whack.

No one heard the 1st shots at 7:15? Of course not, it's a fucking dorm. It's monday morning, everyone getting up and getting ready for class. You kNOW there's music blasting everywhere, tv's cranked up, Ipods listened to over head phones. He caps the first 2nd and was probably out of that building within 90 seconds. Who's going to notice someone leaving a dorm at 715ish in a hurry? Just some dude in a rush to get to the DC and to his 8 am class.

By the time the cops get there and try to start to figue out what's going on how much time has passed?

Now to these idiots talking about how they should have locked down the entire campus. How are you going to do that? It's not like it's a high school that has 1 main building and two or three out buildings. This is a mini city. There's probably over 100 buildings. Not to mention, the numerous sheds, traliers and other out buildings on a campus. There's probably 6 or 7 streets that lead into and out of campus. 26k students, probably about 1k in faculty and admin. Your looking to try and "lock down" 27,000 people spread out over 2,600 acres? Good luck with that. Campus police will have maybe what 20- 25 officers, who's main job is parking enforcement and dealing with the occasional drunk dorm parties and Marcus Vick. Even calling in the local cops do you have any idea how long it will take to clear one building let alone 100?

Just my rambling thoughts.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

I love how just a week after the Imus blowup there were some media outlets reporting yesterday that he was a "Chinese National."

Suckers all look the same I guess
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

JCT wrote: Just my rambling thoughts.
RACK Those Rambling Thoughts
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Y2K wrote:What time do you think the people in charge show up to work?

I would say about 9 AM so by the time decisions are made and e-mails sent..

10 is about right.

They are human and yes things will need to be addressed on every school campus nationwide.
I'd have the think that the police are there 24/7 and that they work in shifts, so there should have been a high ranking officer there at the time of the first shootings.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:A South Korean girl I work with says that Koreans in the area of Blacksburg fear retaliation. They are afraid to leave their homes. I told her that was ridiculous. No one blames South Koreans...other than the shooter himself.

Hell, the only thing that pisses me off is that now some white guy has to top that kill total.
Yeah, my money’s on some dork from an SEC school.

Though he’ll probably scoot over to a Div 1AA school to rack up his number.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Tom In VA wrote: Here's a fact. This old fart had brass ones. Survived the Nazis during WWII, made a life and a career and gave it all up to save students.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1
Totally.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Dinsdale wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Yep - the idea that this guy would have been deterred from his blood spree by the idea that some of the kids might have been armed is ridiculous.

No, the point is, that if some of the students of faculty were armed, the spree may well have come to a much earlier, less gruesome ending.
Or ended up in an all out gun battle with people shooting at anything that moved.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:Yeah, my money’s on some dork from an SEC school.

Though he’ll probably scoot over to a Div 1AA school to rack up his number.

Nice.

I'm sure the students at schools outside of the southeastern US feel much safer.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Mister Bushice wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

Or ended up in an all out gun battle with people shooting at anything that moved.

Hear shooting. Stand behind door. Lock and load. Door opens, shooter somes in to kill people. Put cap in shooters dome before he knows what hit him. So where is the big shootout?

Instead these kids had to baracade the doors and cower in fear for their lives. Good law abiding people are punished so that criminals can have the upper hand. Makes perfect sense....... :meds:
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Cuda wrote:You don't watch much American TV News, do you nish?
I get to watch CNN and Fox News on satellite, and Sky News and BBC News 24 have the nightly CBS and ABC broadcasts. Ours is probably worse, to be honest. Channel 4 News is very decent, but ITV is horrific.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

JCT wrote: By the time the cops get there and try to start to figue out what's going on how much time has passed?
Good question. 15 minutes?

A better question is what was Cho doing the 2-1/2 hours in between the two shootings? Laying low in his room, watching CNN, and thinking to himself "man, have I got a story planned for you fucks today".
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

^^^^^ Sounds like he was writing his suicide note in that time period.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

mvscal wrote:
Nishlord wrote:And have you ever been right on anything in the last four years?
Why, yes, I have.
mvscal wrote:British will drop to their knees and grovel like the pussies they are.

At worst, Ahmanutjob will find a tear-stained note on his windshield tomorrow morning requesting the return of their troops...if it isn't too much trouble.
A typical dittohead spin on the facts. The Brits did the right thing--and, hey look!...No Hostage Crisis!

Meanwhile, babs, you have indeed been assbackwards on virtually every topic to which you've offered your terse fake militia-brained hardass act. And that's a lot of bullshit from one asshole.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

mvscal wrote:
Nishlord wrote:And have you ever been right on anything in the last four years?
Why, yes, I have.
mvscal wrote:British will drop to their knees and grovel like the pussies they are.

At worst, Ahmanutjob will find a tear-stained note on his windshield tomorrow morning requesting the return of their troops...if it isn't too much trouble.
Well, we could have always followed your lead and pulled off a devastatingly successful raid with helicopters, eh?.

Oh, and there's a huge difference between 'grovelling like pussies' and 'knowing nothing bad's going to happen because they're not American'. True, I'mADinnerJacket made Tony Blair look a laughing stock, but not half as much as Bush has.
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

War Wagon wrote:
JCT wrote: By the time the cops get there and try to start to figue out what's going on how much time has passed?
Good question. 15 minutes?

A better question is what was Cho doing the 2-1/2 hours in between the two shootings? Laying low in his room, watching CNN, and thinking to himself "man, have I got a story planned for you fucks today".

Writing his note and probably waiting for the classes to start in the other building where his other target was. I don't know how VT's class schedule runs but here all MWF classes run from 8-9:20, 9:30 - 10:50, etc. So whomever he was after has a 9:30 class at that Norris Hall. He caps the 1st two. Goes to his dorm writes his note. Reloads, straps on a ton of clips and heads on out to the other building around 9:30.
Voice of Reason
Elwood

Post by Voice of Reason »

Neely8 wrote:Hear shooting. Stand behind door. Lock and load. Door opens, shooter somes in to kill people. Put cap in shooters dome before he knows what hit him. So where is the big shootout?
Of course that is one possible scenario.

Here's another

Hear Shooting. Lock and load. Open door, step out and shoot at kid with gun.

Problem being, that you are shooting at a kid who just had the same idea as you. Now he thinks you are the shooter and fires back, and you think he's the shooter.

18-22 year old kids with lots of adrenaline in their system don't make the best decisions
"The Church says that the Earth is flat, but I know that it is round. For I have seen the shadow on the moon and I have more faith in the Shadow than in the Church."

- Ferdinand Magellan
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Neely8 wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

Hear shooting. Stand behind door. Lock and load. Door opens, shooter somes in to kill people. Put cap in shooters dome before he knows what hit him. So where is the big shootout?

Instead these kids had to baracade the doors and cower in fear for their lives. Good law abiding people are punished so that criminals can have the upper hand. Makes perfect sense....... :meds:
You make it sound so story book. It just isn't that simple.

There are no easy answers to this one. The guy planned it and executed it well. There might not have been any time for anyone to get a shot off at him, or else perhaps he would have held hostages and been pinned down in there, allowing more of the injured to die. We'll never know.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Yeah, but those kids usually get trained first.
Voice of Reason
Elwood

mvscal wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:18-22 year old kids with lots of adrenaline in their system don't make the best decisions
Yet they have been fighting and winning wars for five thousand years.
And making plenty of horrible decisions along the way. That's not a very good argument for allowing them to bring guns to school.
"The Church says that the Earth is flat, but I know that it is round. For I have seen the shadow on the moon and I have more faith in the Shadow than in the Church."

- Ferdinand Magellan
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Nishlord wrote:Yeah, but those kids usually get trained first.
And yet even then they don't always hit the enemy.

sin

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Voice of Reason
Elwood

And thats kids with military training that were expecting to be in a war.

I'm sure your average kid going to class at 9 in the morning is going to be equally prepared and expecting attack. I'm sure we can expect a completely mature reaction from them.

- Ferdinand Magellan
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Kind of silly to be arguing pro 2nd amendment vs. anti 2nd amendment stuff, IMHO. But I'll indulge.

The "kids" wouldn't necessarily have to be the ones with the guns. Not all of the "kids" you'll find were 18-19 years old. Some were grad students in their late mid to late 20's, some were professors.

To argue that allowing people to exercise their 2nd amendment is "unsafe" is the height of hubrus.

Here's the deal. By depriving them of 2nd amendment rights we do know what will happen .....

They die like someone shooting fish in a barrell.

By following the 2nd and acknowledging peoples' inalienable right to defend themselves ....... they get to defend themselves.

I'd much rather die in the act of defending myself .... whether it means getting shot by the perp or ANOTHER person defending themselves ... than to have to sit and wait and die in my own piss and shit.

Give me back
Give me back
My bullets.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Voice of Reason
Elwood

Tom In VA wrote:
I'd much rather die in the act of defending myself .... whether it means getting shot by the perp or ANOTHER person defending themselves ... than to have to sit and wait and die in my own piss and shit.

I'd rather live.

- Ferdinand Magellan
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Voice of Reason wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:

I'd rather live.
That's not up to you when you are helplessly hoping a shooter doesn't find you in his sights.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Voice of Reason wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:

I'd rather live.

Tell that to the 32 people who didn't get that option yesterday...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Tom In VA wrote:I'd much rather die in the act of defending myself .... whether it means getting shot by the perp or ANOTHER person defending themselves ... than to have to sit and wait and die in my own piss and shit.
Nothing wrong with that.

- RtM
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Voice of Reason
Elwood

Tom In VA wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:

I'd rather live.
That's not up to you when you are helplessly hoping a shooter doesn't find you in his sights.
And its not up to you just because you have a gun.

- Ferdinand Magellan
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Thank God the Dunblane massacre happened in Scotland instead of America. The NRA would have lobbied for the arming of 5 year-olds.
Voice of Reason
Elwood

Neely8 wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:

I'd rather live.

Tell that to the 32 people who didn't get that option yesterday...
Okay.

"Hey Dead Folks. I'd rather live."

- Ferdinand Magellan
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Mister Bushice wrote:
Neely8 wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote: Or ended up in an all out gun battle with people shooting at anything that moved.

You make it sound so story book. It just isn't that simple.

There are no easy answers to this one. The guy planned it and executed it well. There might not have been any time for anyone to get a shot off at him, or else perhaps he would have held hostages and been pinned down in there, allowing more of the injured to die. We'll never know.
He was using two hand guns. No automatic weapons here. For him to individually aim at each target takes some time. Not to mention re-loading. If there were lets say 20 kids in a classroom one of them could have taken a shot before he capped all 20. No way he could kill 20 people with 2 handguns before just one of them could shoot back.

All that is being said is to at least give these AMERICANS the option of being able to exercise their RIGHT to defend themselves. As it was they were sitting ducks...
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Voice of Reason wrote: And its not up to you just because you have a gun.
Did you thumb your nose and stick your tongue out while hitting submit on that post ?

Whether you live or die in a situation like this, without the ability to escape and without the ability to fight back .... is entirely out of your hands.

Heck if people were able to exercise their 2nd amendment rights, and you chose not to, your odd of surviving are better and more in your control because the focus would be on ...... NOT YOU.