Bills lose Clements, pick up three OL...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Bills lose Clements, pick up three OL...

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

Losing Nate Clements wasn't a surprise. Good player, but no way in hell is he worth what Frisco is paying him.

The Bills will probably lose Fletcher, too, which is kind of a shame. Good guy, good player.

And the local buzz is that the team is looking to deal Takeo Spikes. The guy hasn't been the same since his Achilles tendon injury, so I don't know what the Bills could get for him...

Don't know much about the three guys the Bills picked up (Dockery from the 'Skins, Whittle from the Giants, Langston Walker from the Raiders), but the local sportswriters seem to think it was a great, fast move by the team. It'd be nice if Losman actually had an O-line that could protect him.
Last edited by Mike the Lab Rat on Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Bills lose Clements, pick up three OL...

Post by Shoalzie »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:The Bills will probably lose Fletcher, too, which is kind of a shame. Good guy, good player.

Fletcher to the Redskins for a 5 year deal...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/WAS/10033690

That Clements deal is insane...the 49ers must be really desperate for secondary help to pay that much.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

mvscal wrote:
Mike the Lab Rat wrote:Don't know much about the three guys the Bills picked up (Dockery from the 'Skins, Whittle from the Giants, Langston from the Raiders),
Langston was part of what was, arguably, one of the worst offensive lines in NFL history. Look forward to spending plenty of time in 3rd and long situations after boneheaded false starts and holding penalties. In fact, he sucks so bad he will probably be able to negate the rest of line singlehandedly.
Mv is absolutely correct, and RACK the Bills for making sure this guy never got a chance to crawl back to our team.

I almost started a thread when I heard that the Bills paid the worst lineman on the worst line in the league 25 fucking million dollars over 5 years.....

:shock:

:lol: :lol:

.......but then figured that shitstain wasnt worth more than this excerpt.

Anyone got the youtube video of the Legendary Hall of Famer Orpheus Roye abusing the fuck out of him this past season?
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Raydah James wrote: Legendary Hall of Famer Orpheus Roye
.....BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHa......!!!!

:mrgreen:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Langston Walker - 5 yrs, 25 mil .... ?

Bwaaaaaa hahahahaha

This has to be a joke, right .... ?

Worst starting O-lineman I have ever seen.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

poptart wrote:Worst starting O-lineman I have ever seen.
Maybe you should see some footage of Mike Williams. One of the biggest wastes of a draft pick that the Bills have ever made. Fat, spoiled, lazy, with a low pain threshold. And he played like shit.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Dockery is an adequate, underachieving Olineman who is getting a lot more than he is worth. $7million/season is a shitload for a fat guard who cannot pull. I am glad the Skins did not blow their cash on his false-starting ass. Good luck Bills.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I honestly don't know about Williams, Mike.
If you say he's a waste I believe you.

But I tell ya, I'm shootin' straight on L. Walker.
The guy is a complete joke, and I have NO idea how the hell he pulled a contract like that.

Total garbage.
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sin, fast food restaurants in the Bay area.

RACK the takes on L Walker so far in this thread.

That fat fucker has a set of mantitties on him that Dolly Parton would envy.

If dude hadn't managed to get a hand up in Denver a few years back his career would have been completely forgettable so far.

He can't run block, is a crappy pass blocker, and is a lazy fucking piece of shit to boot.

He has been tried all over the line and never has proven to be worth a shit. Total bust as a 2nd rounder. Good fucking riddance, it speaks volumes that one of the worst lines in recent memory was happy to part with him.

Him pulling 25 mil is fucking highway robbery. I mean seriously....what did the Bills see to make them fork over that much cash?
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

From the sounds of it, Levy...who was once an excellent judge of talent...may have gone senile.

Great.

Just frigging great.
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:From the sounds of it, Levy...who was once an excellent judge of talent...may have gone senile.

Great.

Just frigging great.
True dat....

Seriously I honestly could care less about the Bills most weekends....

But I pity the team that expects Langston Walker to start.

Dude is that BAD.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Last edited by BSmack on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Nice work.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Here's a take on the Bills' free agency signings from the Buffalo News.

Basically, they're of the opinion that the Bills overpaid but were not in a position to do much else...they desperately need offensive linemen, and well, apparently the three guys they snagged may have been the "best" of a not-so-hot bunch.

I'm still wondering what the Bills are going to get for Willis "Playbook? What's a playbook?" McGahee.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:Losing Nate Clements wasn't a surprise. Good player, but no way in hell is he worth what Frisco is paying him.

I heard some radio hack explaining (I haven't seen the actual details, so I'll "grain of salt" it until I do) that aside from the signing bonus, the contract was heavily back-end-loaded, and if he doesn't earn his keep, cutting him is an easy option, and the deal "wasn't as expensive as it intially sounds."

If that's the case, then all good.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BTW -- are you NFL posters absolutely sure you want a thread wherein a Kal player is named the "worst" at anything?

I mean, it may be true...but don't say I didn't warn you...

But I can almost assure you, if anyone posts derogotory comments about JJ Arrington...this server is crashing with 40-times.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mike the Lab Rat wrote:Losing Nate Clements wasn't a surprise. Good player, but no way in hell is he worth what Frisco is paying him.

I heard some radio hack explaining (I haven't seen the actual details, so I'll "grain of salt" it until I do) that aside from the signing bonus, the contract was heavily back-end-loaded, and if he doesn't earn his keep, cutting him is an easy option, and the deal "wasn't as expensive as it intially sounds."

If that's the case, then all good.
$22 million of the $80 is guaranteed.. I'd say Clements made out extremely well..