Latest rumors regarding Moss to the Packers

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Latest rumors regarding Moss to the Packers

Post by Louis Cyphre »

Just heard this on the radio and found the LINK.
POSTED 5:30 p.m. EST, February 28, 2007

RUMORS FLY OF RODGERS FOR MOSS

Word has reached PFT world headquarters of a rumored trade that would send Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

We're told that the Raiders want a first-round pick for Moss, and that the Packers have countered with an offer of Rodgers, who was Green Bay's first round pick in the 2005 draft.

Stay tuned. Though we never would have imagined that Moss and Packers quarterback Brett Favre could coexist, it looks like this one could indeed be going down.

I like it! Despite all of m2's praise, Aaron Rodgers will be nothing but the next Kyle Boller in Green Bay.

What say you, Raider fans?
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Re: Latest rumors regarding Moss to the Packers

Post by Raydah James »

Louis Cyphre wrote:Just heard this on the radio and found the LINK.
POSTED 5:30 p.m. EST, February 28, 2007

RUMORS FLY OF RODGERS FOR MOSS

Word has reached PFT world headquarters of a rumored trade that would send Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

We're told that the Raiders want a first-round pick for Moss, and that the Packers have countered with an offer of Rodgers, who was Green Bay's first round pick in the 2005 draft.

Stay tuned. Though we never would have imagined that Moss and Packers quarterback Brett Favre could coexist, it looks like this one could indeed be going down.

What say you, Raider fans?
Green Bay's counter offer is fucking laughable.

GB called and inquired about Moss..Al said it had to be a first rounder. GB then offers a bag of shit they wasted a first rounder on. *crickets* from here on out until a first or second round pick from the coming draft is offered.

That's one thing about Al-Nobody gets over on the old man concerning trades for draft picks. Nobody.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

The Raiders aren't smart enough to make this move.

This would end up being the biggest ass raping by any team since the Herschel Walker deal. If I'm the Raiders... I make this deal yesterday!

If I'm a Raiderfan(can't believe I just said that, makes me want to puke) I'd take $100 cash to get that leper out of town.

As far as Rodgers is concern... I'm still pissed Nolan took Alex Smith over him. Hell, even McCarthy(now the Packers coach) wanted Aaron over Smith, but Nolan being Nolan made a boneheaded move that he's still paying for.

As far as this talk about Aaron Rodgers being a bust? What the fuck are you people talking about??? The guy hasn't even played! The one time he gets in for a few plays, he gets injuried. The guy hasn't even been given a chance, and the dorks in Green Bay want him gone. Well, I for one... hope to hell they get their wish, and suffer for another 10 years after Favre is gone. Stupid fuckers! And please... dont draft Marshawn Lynch!

You wont find a single PAC 10 fan that wont say AR is a fucking stud! Even SC fan will say it, and you know how much they like Cal.

If you want a guy with a freakin' cannon for an arm (yes, AR is the guy that threw the ball 70 yards on one knee) you cant go wrong.

Accuracy??? Put it this way... he holds the NCAA record for most completions in a row, and in the same game went 29 for 32 against USC and had a ball dropped in the endzone or Cal would have won 2 straight against the #1 Trojans.

Fuck Russell with the 1st pick, give me Calvin Johnson and Aaron Rodgers... and watch the Oakland Coliseum light up like a fucking Christmas tree!

This trade is a no-brainer for the Raiders, but does old man Al have one last good move in him?

If the Raiders make this move... Davis will be back in court with the NFL, for stealing!
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Tedford's QB track record speaks for itself.

Good in college, suck dick in the pros. Rogers is no different.

So if Rogers is so good, Rainbow Rider-then why hasnt he beat out a QB who, in your own words "Is Embarassing himself" by coming back for a 50th year?

Hell, even McCarthy(now the Packers coach) wanted Aaron over Smith
Is that why he's trying to peddle him now?

Dumbfuck.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

If Oakland believes that Rodgers is near the same general level of player that Russell or Quinn is it might make some sense to make a deal for him.
He'd come cheaper than forking out first overall $$$ for a QB.
Rodgers, like Russell and Quinn, basically hasn't played, and is sort of an unknown quantity.

The problem for Oakland, with Rodgers (like a Russell or Quinn) is that you've still got no 'dependable' vet QB on your staff.
You'd be going to war with guys who are untested, or haven't shown a lot (Walter).
Not good, IMO.

Al likes experience at QB, and when all is said and done it wouldn't shock me at all to see Oakland bring in a vet QB who has been 'dumped' by someone, and then do 2 things.

1. Draft C. Johnson #1 overall
2. Trade picks to move up again into rd 1in hopes of landing M. Lynch -- or other back

At this point the possible scenarios are like stars in the night sky.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

moss to the packers for a third or fourth and rodgers.

thats the ticket

my wife is a fat pig
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Raydah James wrote:Tedford's QB track record speaks for itself.

Good in college, suck dick in the pros. Rogers is no different.
You mean all the QB's he had that were taken high in the 1st round???

Have you ever thought to yourself... that those teams that pick in the high in the 1st round suck ass? Doesn't make for a great enviroment for a rookie who is looked to save a shitty team.

Look at how much better Harrington played once he got out of Detoilet...

Look at how much better Carr played when he had Kubiak as a coach. Did you see how much better he was at the end of the season?
Hell, he basically beat the Colts by himself at the end of the season.

Oh yeah, Trent Dilfer has a ring.

Raydah James wrote:So if Rogers is so good, Rainbow Rider-then why hasnt he beat out a QB who, in your own words "Is Embarassing himself" by coming back for a 50th year?
You're joking right?

Hell, Joe Montana could be signed in his prime... and the delusional Packer fans would never let it happen. You pull their "god" off the field and Green Bay turns into the Cleveland river!

Raydah James wrote:
Hell, even McCarthy(now the Packers coach) wanted Aaron over Smith
Is that why he's trying to peddle him now?

Dumbfuck.
McCarthy's not the GM, dipshit!

If Brett Favre says he wants to play with Randy Moss... you're damn sure he's going to have his wish looked into!

Raiderfan is just as bad at making good decisions as Fuckula.

My fucking god... you have Calvin "freaking" Johnson sitting on your doorstep, yet not the brains to see it!

Calvin Johnson is Randy Moss with desire and heart. And youth!!!

... and you fuckin' boneheads, wonder why your team sucks ass! Unreal.

Hell, if the Raiders had any brains at all... they could trade down, pick up Calvin Johnson and Marshawn Lynch!
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

bbqjones wrote:moss to the packers for a third or fourth and rodgers.

thats the ticket

my wife is a fat pig

:lol:

This troll always gets a chuckle out of me.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Big shock that m2 sticks up for his boy, Rodgers. Moss is an a-hole but Rodgers will never be a QB on same level that Moss is as a receiver. To trade a once in a generation type of a talent for as little as just a questionable QB prospect and a mid round pick would be a huge indictment on Moss. The guy is crazy talented but he's right up there with T.O. as far as having the most poisonous personality in a team sport. I would find it ironic if he went to Green Bay after he fake mooned the fans when he was a Viking.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

poptart wrote:If Oakland believes that Rodgers is near the same general level of player that Russell or Quinn is it might make some sense to make a deal for him.
Aaron Rodgers is better... plain and simple.

Seriously, ask an SC fan who is better... Rodgers or Quinn. 10 outta 10 times they'll say Rodgers. I mention SC fan because they play both teams every year. Remember... SC fan hates Cal more than the devil.

You do know... it was a major battle between the Niner coaches on Rodgers and Smith? The head coach won. It's that simple.

Other teams in the draft had much more pressing needs than a QB in that draft, and thats why he fell.

So basically, you have a #1 pick in Rodgers who is better than Russell and Quinn.

You have the chance to pick up Calvin Johnson for sure... with a possibility of having Marshawn Lynch also.

Yeah, dont make the trade... but also enjoy another 2-14 season!

Pssst!!! the Raiders need some playmakers... and its there for the fucking taking!!!
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Shoalzie wrote:Big shock that m2 sticks up for his boy, Rodgers. Moss is an a-hole but Rodgers will never be a QB on same level that Moss is as a receiver. To trade a once in a generation type of a talent for as little as just a questionable QB prospect and a mid round pick would be a huge indictment on Moss. guy is crazy talented but he's right up there with T.O. as far as having the most poisonous personality in a team sport. I would find it ironic if he went to Green Bay after he fake mooned the fans when he was a Viking.
You really dont know what the fuck you're talking about, do you?

You contradict yourself in your own post... and not in a small way.

So the Raiders should hold out, and keep the Syphilis til' possibly they cant lock onto the "clap"???

I'm gonna let this one pass, since you're a young kid and you dont know right from wrong.

P.S. Moss hasn't been "crazy talented" for years.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Think hard now.

If Rodgers is better than both Russell and Quinn then why would GB let him go .... ?
They will need a Favre replacement in less than a year.

They're going to let this so-declared GREAT qb go so that they can bring in a 30 yr old malcontent WR who hasn't done squat for the past 2 seasons ...... because he is the final piece to the puzzle that will allow Brett Favre to go out, like J. Elway, in a wave of Super Bowl glory .... ?

Randy Moss ... ?

bwaa hahaha
Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Post by Louis Cyphre »

But... but...

HE WENT TO CAL!!!!!!!!
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

poptart wrote:Think hard now.

If Rodgers is better than both Russell and Quinn then why would GB let him go .... ?
I thought I made my reasoning clear... I guess not.

I really need to accept that I'm dealing with "Raiderfan" and just let some things slide.

poptart wrote:They will need a Favre replacement in less than a year.
That's funny... they've only been saying that... since before AR even got to Green Bay.

Thanks Raiderfan!

poptart wrote:They're going to let this so-declared GREAT qb go so that they can bring in a 30 yr old malcontent WR who hasn't done squat for the past 2 seasons ...... because he is the final piece to the puzzle that will allow Brett Favre to go out, like J. Elway, in a wave of Super Bowl glory .... ?

Randy Moss ... ?

bwaa hahaha
I've come to the conclusion... that "Raiderfan" is much more happy when his team sucks, and vacillates this prolonged agony.

Raiderfan, is basically the guy that's afraid of success.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

No, you didn't make yourself clear.

If Rodgers is superman, why would GB make the deal .... ?

Because Moss is SUPERsuperman .... ?

We don't need no damn qb.
Favre's playin' 'til he's 50.

GB apparantly doesn't think all that much of your boy.
Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Post by Louis Cyphre »

poptart wrote:No, you didn't make yourself clear.

Because Moss is SUPERsuperman .... ?

We don't need no damn qb.
Favre's playin' 'til he's 50.

GB apparantly doesn't think all that much of your boy.

[m2logic] Rodgers is better than Quinn or Russell because 10 out of 10 USC fans say so! [/m2logic]
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

420 wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:Big shock that m2 sticks up for his boy, Rodgers. Moss is an a-hole but Rodgers will never be a QB on same level that Moss is as a receiver. To trade a once in a generation type of a talent for as little as just a questionable QB prospect and a mid round pick would be a huge indictment on Moss. guy is crazy talented but he's right up there with T.O. as far as having the most poisonous personality in a team sport. I would find it ironic if he went to Green Bay after he fake mooned the fans when he was a Viking.
You really dont know what the fuck you're talking about, do you?

You contradict yourself in your own post... and not in a small way.
I didn't contradict myself. I just described the issue with Moss...he's talented but he's messed up in the head. He's a great player but a bad teammate. I'd say T.O. is a better receiver than him right now but probably not as polarizing a figure though. There are probably some teams out there that would take his skills even though he's a potential locker room bomb waiting to go off...just like Jerry Jones was crazy enough to take a chance on Owens after what he did to the Eagles. I wouldn't want either guy on my team but they're too good that not all 32 teams would pass on him. Moss and Owens are examples of why talent will cause teams to overlook character.
So the Raiders should hold out, and keep the Syphilis til' possibly they cant lock onto the "clap"???

I'm gonna let this one pass, since you're a young kid and you dont know right from wrong.

P.S. Moss hasn't been "crazy talented" for years.
He is still talented. If he wasn't he'd be hanging out smoking joints on the unemployment line with Charles Rogers. No way do I think Moss is the player he was a few years ago but he's still a freakish talent and it's a damn shame he was given that 10 cent head because he was on his way to being one of the greats. If he doesn't want to be with the Raiders, they should trade him but I just think getting Rodgers and a draft pick is a cheap price for him. If that's the only offer they get, they might have to bite the bullet and make the move for the sake of their team's future.

I'm trying to recall...what all did the Raiders give up to get Moss in the first place? I know they gave up Napoleon Harris but how many picks did they trade?
Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Post by Louis Cyphre »

The Raiders, I believe, gave up Harris and a first round pick which ended up being the #7 overall pick.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

poptart wrote:No, you didn't make yourself clear.

Raydah James wrote:
420 wrote:So if Rogers is so good, Rainbow Rider-then why hasnt he beat out a QB who, in your own words "Is Embarassing himself" by coming back for a 50th year?
re joking right?

Hell, Joe Montana could be signed in his prime... and the delusional Packer fans would never let it happen. You pull their "god" off the field and Green Bay turns into the Cleveland river!
If that isn't clear enough for you... I cant help ya.

poptart wrote:GB apparantly doesn't think all that much of your boy.
You are aware that the citizens of "Green Bay" own the "Packers"... dont you?

Hey man, stay shitty... I prefer it.

So you went to some USC message boards and asked who they thought was better, Rodgers or Quinn?

Cool, I'm glad you did your homework.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

P.S.

Maybe if the Raiders went back to having "Crazy ass motherfuckers" on their team with extreme talent... they might win a Super Bowl again in your lifetime.

You do remember those days???

Ghost riding the whip- 3 videos

Marshawn "the freak" Lynch... turn up the volume, so you can hear the love we have for Marshawn!

Marshawn Lynch Tippin' his Whip

Marshawn... bleeds "Silver and Black!"

Don't fuck up a chance at having Lynch, Johnson, and Rodgers... you fucking inbreeds from across the bay!'
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

<---Nice AV Sholz....not sure about this Bertuzzi trade...

Shoalzie wrote:I would find it ironic if he went to Green Bay after he fake mooned the fans when he was a Viking.
let me help you out with this...TRADITION in GB is for the FANS to MOON the Opposing TEAM when they Leave....(as i have heard)

Moss was merely "giving it BACK!"

if the deal is Aaron Rodgers + a draft pick for Moss....hmmmm????

unproven talent for a PLAYAH' that will be doing the downward Slide...Moss hasn't had Motivation or Productivity for 2 years. Maybe Moss will "put UP?"

i'd HATE to side with m2 on this? :mrgreen:

at least the Raiders would be getting a QB that has been through the Reps (and learned from FAVRE) and was more highly regarded than Andrew Walter + a draft pick?

the Raiders can't SCORE LESS????

do the deal.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Qbert wrote:i'd HATE to side with m2 on this? :mrgreen:
Thanks, q.

Your reputation was on the line there.

Actually, the more I think about this, the more it makes sense...

that and a bottle of 1989...FLEUR d'ALEXANDRA.

-- Al Davis might like QB's who throw the long ball, and Russell is certainly that...but Davis also doesn't like drafting QB's in the first round, nor does he like starting rookies at QB.

-- Maybe getting rid of Art Shell is a sign that Davis is ready to show a little deference to a good young offensive mind (similarly to what he did with Gruden) after years of failure. Maybe he has finally come to terms with the fact that he has run the organization into the ground over the last 9,000 beers, and some new ideas are in order? If that is the case, I could see Kiffen lobbying to bring in a guy like AR rather than starting with an inexperienced (but admittedly very talented) QB who is leaving college as a jr., etc.

-- Davis might also be thinking about it in terms of $$$ -- and AR at QB would bring in the local Cal fans.

-- AND Davis might be thinking about it in terms of what he can get for the #1 pick now that Russell is becoming a hot commodity.

-- Moss for AR also makes a lot of sense for both teams. Both teams get rid of a guy they clearly don't want anymore. Green Bay shows Favre that they are committed to putting lots of talent around him and helping him win now. Favre continues showing up, selling tickets, and throwing picks. Moss gets the hint that Green Bay might be the last team willing to put up with him if his antics continue, and shapes up. Meanwhile, the Raiders add a QB who was formerly thought of as a potential #1 pick, but with at least some NFL experience. This makes the #1 pick this year expendable, so they can trade down, get more picks, and get some young talent on the offensive side of the ball (a strategy that seems to have worked reasonably well on the defensive side)...most notably, a running back of Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch calibre, which the offense desperately needs...especially since I don't expect to see LaMont Jordan in silver and black next year.

As far as the offensive line worries go, I have to think that even Al Davis can see that this is a problem that requires immediate attention. I suspect that the line is going to get a facelift this offseason. Sims (the biggest problem) is as good as gone. With all the free agent money the Raiders will have, they might make a run at Luke Pettigout, who was just released by the Giants because they would have owed him a lot of money. Grove and McQuistan are not a problem (McQuistan is young but seems like he's going to turn out fine), and Gallery will continue to improve, but maybe should be moved back to the right side for now, especially if the Raiders can sign a free agent veteran OT like Pettigout...and maybe big Langston Walker could be squeezed in at OG to replace Sims. Grab another free agent vet to start at RG (rookies from the Ivy League don't really cut it as starters in the NFL I'm afraid). And all of a sudden, you have a decent NFL offensive line...good enough, at least, to protect a quick release QB like AR.

Yeah...I'm liking this in a way a protective brother would of his retarded brother. But yeah...still sounds way too good to be true. This is the Raiders, after all.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Pettigout in FA would make a lot of sense. (Sin ~BROWNSFan)

not at all sure if i agree with your "Al Davis might be willing to defer to a Young Mind like Kiffin."

the "Chucky" episode doesn't play well into that.

so to surmise the Agenda ala m2:

*trade Moss
*get Rodgers + pick
*FA = Pettigout
*then trade Down from #1 and
get 2 of 3: Calvin, Adrienne or Marshawn
*ALCULA will let the NEWBIE COACH

~m2 from across the bay

Logic seems solid. :mrgreen:

ALCULA will furk it up.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Qbert wrote:Pettigout in FA would make a lot of sense. (Sin ~BROWNSFan)

not at all sure if i agree with your "Al Davis might be willing to defer to a Young Mind like Kiffin."

the "Chucky" episode doesn't play well into that.

so to surmise the Agenda ala m2:

*trade Moss
*get Rodgers + pick
*FA = Pettigout
*then trade Down from #1 and
get 2 of 3: Calvin, Adrienne or Marshawn
*ALCULA will let the NEWBIE COACH

~m2 from across the bay

Logic seems solid. :mrgreen:

ALCULA will furk it up.

It would be a phenomenal trade for the Raiders for many reasons. They could shed money and a malcontent while getting a potential 10 year starter. The Raiders really only need to fix the offensive side of the ball and this could allow them to get multiple starters on O. As I pointed out... they could trade down and pick up Johnson and possibly Lynch.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Rodgers + a 3rd-or-higher for Moss might be a GO for Oakland, if you ask me.

But let's face facts, Moss is a proven star in the league (when he wants to try), and Rodgers hasn't proven squat.
This fact alone makes me think Al wouldn't be too hot to trot for this.
On the other hand, dropping Moss' salary and attitude has to sound like a breath of fresh air.

It all makes for interesting chatter right now, and anything that gets m2ool to put together a string of decent posts ain't all bad either.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:Rodgers + a 3rd-or-higher for Moss might be a GO for Oakland, if you ask me.

But let's face facts, Moss is a proven star in the league (when he wants to try)...
No, Moss WAS a star. His last dominant season was 2003. What the Raiders have is a shell of the guy who once torched the entire league.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

420 wrote:It would be a phenomenal trade for the Raiders for many reasons. They could shed money and a malcontent while getting a potential 10 year starter.
I don’t believe that the guy who holds for the place-kicker is considered a “starter”.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

Moss has to go.

For the sake of team chemestry to say the very least.

The Raiders are not going to get anything near what they gave up for him but you simply can't look at it that way.

If he goes we can turn the page.

However if he stays it's gonna tell me that it is business as usual in Oaktown.

Addition by subtraction.

Make the move Al.

I'll take a 3rd and give Rodgers a look.