Lane Kiffin baby!!!

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

R-Jack wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote: the USC people on the college football board aren't exactly sad to see Kiffin go, and it stands to reason that they know him better than anyone else here.
Exibit A in the case of Terry vs. Common Fucking Sense.

Please don't defend yourself in this one.
Hmmm, where to begin? Kiffin's bio might be a good place, don't you think?

http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-foo ... ane00.html
Lane Kiffin, the son of longtime pro and collegiate coach Monte Kiffin, is in his sixth year at USC. He joined the Trojan staff in February of 2001 and spent the 2001 season handling the tight ends. He became the wide receivers coach in 2002. In 2004, he took on the additional duty of passing game coordinator. In 2005, he was promoted to offensive coordinator and recruiting coordinator, in addition to continuing as the wide receivers coach.

. . .

Kiffin, 30, was the defensive quality control coach for the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars in 2000 (he worked with the secondary).

He began his coaching career at Fresno State, his alma mater, where for 2 seasons (1997-98) he worked with the quarterbacks, wide receivers and defensive backs.

He then was an assistant at Colorado State in 1999, working with the offensive line.
Lessee, by my count that's 10 years as a coach, of which six were spent at USC. You were saying?

If you have a hard-on for the CFB forum, save it. You're obviously not there too often.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Assassin wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:Rack Bri. That is funny as shit.

yup sure was.

signed,

The year Dinsdale brought that clip to the boards.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

poptart wrote:Jon Gruden said, regarding Lane Kiffin's age, "There's no drawback. Whether you're 32 or 62, who cares? You got to go in there and earn the respect of your team and prove you're capable of getting it done."
Too bad he no longer has that respect in the Bucs Locker Room.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Knapp gets O-coordinator job with Kiffin, RaidersAssociated Press

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Raiders hired former Atlanta offensive coordinator Greg Knapp to fill the same job in Oakland, giving first-year coach Lane Kiffin an experienced coordinator to ease his transition from college to the NFL.

Knapp spent the previous three seasons with the Falcons before being let go when coach Jim Mora was fired after the season and replaced by Bobby Petrino. Knapp ran a West Coast offense in Atlanta that struggled at times to work with quarterback Michael Vick.

"I've been familiar with his success coaching in this league for some time now," Kiffin said in a statement. "He shares the same vision and passion for what it will take to bring an explosive offense back to the Raider Nation."

Kiffin said at his introductory news conference that he would call the plays in Oakland, meaning Knapp will help in putting together game plans and other activities.

The Raiders need plenty of help on offense after scoring a league-low 168 points last season and allowing an NFL-worst 72 sacks. Oakland scored just 12 offensive touchdowns on the way to a fourth straight losing season.

The biggest question on offense for the Raiders is at quarterback, where Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter struggled last season. Oakland could choose to take a quarterback with the No. 1 pick in April's draft, with Notre Dame's Brady Quinn and LSU's JaMarcus Russell the top two coming out this year.

"His history of getting his quarterbacks to play at an elite level is second to none," Kiffin said. "He's thrilled about moving back to the Bay Area, and we're excited to have him."

Knapp, a former Sacramento State quarterback, previously worked with the San Francisco 49ers from 1995-2003, spending his final three seasons with the team as offensive coordinator.

Kiffin, 31, has only one year of NFL experience as a defensive assistant in Jacksonville in 2000. He spent the past six seasons as an assistant at Southern California, including two years as offensive coordinator.

Rob Ryan is returning for a fourth season as defensive coordinator in Oakland after helping the Raiders become the No. 3-ranked defense in the NFL last season. Ryan was a candidate for the head coaching job.

Not a bad hire IMO. the running game in Atl was solid and he does run a West coast offense if i'm not mistaken.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I'd echo that it appears to be a decent hire.

He brings some needed experience to the offensive staff.
For what it's worth, in Knapp's 6 yrs as O-Coordinator, his teams had the following rankings in overall offense.

SF 2001 : 5
SF 2002: 11
SF 2003: 6
At 2004: 18
At 2005: 13
At 2006: 9

Looks fairly OK on paper.

I have no further take at this time.