FINAL Pick'em Results and Scores

A forum for Shine to shine.

Moderators: Shine, indyfrisco

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

FINAL Pick'em Results and Scores

Post by indyfrisco »

As we all knew, peter dragon wins the 2006 Pick'em. See below for scores and results. Notice our God-awful average collectively. Also, notice who came in last...no surprise there.

It's been fun running this thing. Thanks to 88 for coming up with this game. Thanks to Lefty for being my sidekick on this thing for 5 years as well. Wish we could have gone out like John Elway on top, but we fumbled this thing this year. Maybe Shoalzie or someone else can run an online Yahoo league next year or something.

http://www.theoneboard.com/stuff/cfb_pi ... scores.htm

[web]http://www.theoneboard.com/stuff/cfb_pi ... scores.htm[/web]

http://www.theoneboard.com/stuff/cfb_pi ... esults.htm

[web]http://www.theoneboard.com/stuff/cfb_pi ... esults.htm[/web]

Out.
Last edited by indyfrisco on Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Thank you for running the game, Indy...and thanks for the pseudo-nomination. I'm not one of the hardcore insiders here and I know I drive some people here a little crazy with my hair brain schemes...I doubt this board would accept me running your game. I think 88 showed interest in taking over at some point...I know he's more "likeable" among the regulars. I don't like the idea of going to strictly a Yahoo! game...your game was had charm because it was done exclusively by one of us. I'm willing to make the commitment and continue on the game the way you had it. I'd do my best to get everything done and posted on Sunday afternoon while I'm watching the NFL. I guess we can leave it up to what everyone wants but I would be interested in helping out next season if needed. Thanks again, Indy!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I don't think anyone gives a shit who is running it as long as it "gets done". I love the format. Just wish there was a way to automate it more.

Anyhow, any ole cocksucker could run this thing and they'd get good participation...
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

My experience with NFL Pick 'Em last season probably pissed a few people off with how unreliable and inconsistent I was. I acknowledge my faults in that but with my experience with running the TNC board for several years up to last year and my handful or so years running the SNC on the NHL board...this is what I feel is my best way to contribute to this message board. This has probably been my best year with the SNC...first thing when I wake up on Sunday morning and I immediately start working on getting the results posted and get next week's games posted right away.

Running these games is a thankless job for the most part but I'd run and organize this the way I'd expect anyone to do it. This is a passionate and loyal group of posters here and I wouldn't want to get on every one of their respective bad sides. I'm an honest person and I love the sport...as much as some would like to dispute that fact. To be fair to anyone else who would like to do this, I'm not going to just steal your baton and run away with it...I think if anyone else wants to do it, leave it open for right now but I'd be willing to start putting together my spreadsheet tonight.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

IndyFrisco wrote:Anyhow, any ole cocksucker could run this thing
‘Sup, Cicero?

Thanks for running the Pick ‘Em, Indy.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Where did mtool finish in the final polls? Did he call it?

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Strange that I actually won two weeks this season, then completely sucked in the finals.

Thanks for running it, Indy.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Strange that I actually won two weeks this season, then completely sucked in the finals.
Sucked isn’t a strong enough word, Terry. I believe you were behind jtr going into the final week.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

Rack you Indy!
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Indy, a very pro fellatio job ya old cocksucker. :P
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

I had a zero point differential....could that be correct?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

last!
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman