Medical Sales anyone?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Viper
Fuckin' Noob

Medical Sales anyone?

Post by Viper »

My objective:

I am trying to get into an entry level medical sales position and after submitting 50 plus resumes on various job boards, I am not getting so much as a sniff. I figured at least one of you would be in the industry and have some good tips for me, or at least know someone who is.

My track record:

*I have a 4 year business degree from a prestigious private university with Ivy League entrance standards.
*I have been in the mortgage industry for the last 5 years, and have been in the top ten 10% of revenue producers for the two compnaies I have worked for during that time.
*I have a ton of quality references.

The pay off:

In the spirit of trying to get as many serious replies as possible, I will give 5% of my first year gross income to any info that directly leads to employment in this industry. Who wants to get paid with me?
Cripple Fight
Elwood

Post by Cripple Fight »

go fuck yourself, douche.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

There is no such thing as an "entry level" medical or pharm sales rep position unless it's bogus. How do you get experience in outside sales? Hmmm.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re: Medical Sales anyone?

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Viper wrote:I am trying to get into an entry level medical sales position and after submitting 50 plus resumes on various job boards, I am not getting so much as a sniff. I figured at least one of you would be in the industry and have some good tips for me, or at least know someone who is.
Do you know anything about medicine? Take any pharmacy classes in college? Push a broom at a hospital? Anything? No one will buy a damned thing from you unless you come across like you know a lot about, and more importantly, believe in the product you're attempting to sell. That being said, stick to what you know. Perhaps you can you sell cock for a living. I wish you good luck with your job search.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

sorry to get off topic--
but
how long do you have to sport that
U of Gainesville logo as an avatar ??
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:You might give obtaining the appropriate qualifications a try. I do some work for several medical instrument, equipment and pharmaceutical companies. They mostly hire good looking people with medical backgrounds (RN's, lab techs etc.) as sales people. The companies know that their sales people are going to call on busy physicians and hospital beaurocrats. They want their sales people to be able to talk the talk and look good when they walk the walk. Take that Ivy League-like parchment and use it to get into a community college and get an associates degree in some medical field.
Why are you leading him on? He posts here, so we know he's ugly as fuck. He needs to mix in a facelift with that medical experience.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Viper wrote:My objective:

I am trying to get into an entry level medical sales position and after submitting 50 plus resumes on various job boards, I am not getting so much as a sniff. I figured at least one of you would be in the industry and have some good tips for me, or at least know someone who is.

My track record:

*I have a 4 year business degree from a prestigious private university with Ivy League entrance standards.
*I have been in the mortgage industry for the last 5 years, and have been in the top ten 10% of revenue producers for the two companies I have worked for during that time.

The pay off:

In the spirit of trying to get as many serious replies as possible, I will give 5% of my first year gross income to any info that directly leads to employment in this industry. Who wants to get paid with me?

First and foremost... you're selling yourself in sales. There isn't a college degree in the world than can teach you how to do that.

Anyone can be taught about a product/product's, and it doesn't need a college degree.

Have you ever heard the saying... "I can sell ice to Eskimo's"?

Learn it! Because you don't have it, since you can't even sell yourself to the companies you want to work for.

Think about a different avenue for your future, in all seriousness.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Fake it til you make it. Start showing up in doctor's offices, sit in the waiting room until the doc has some time and give them a bunch of pens with drug company names on them. Eventually someone will notcie your efforts.

Make sure to wear a tight skirt.
why is my neighborhood on fire
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Roach wrote:Prolly a nice troll job.

Ya think?

I've always had Viper pegged as a :meds: troll.

Regardless, I really liked this effort... so I decided to help a brother with his :fishing:
Viper
Fuckin' Noob

Post by Viper »

Roach wrote:
Viper wrote:
*I have been in the mortgage industry for the last 5 years, and have been in the top ten 10% of revenue producers for the two compnaies I have worked for during that time.

Who wants to get paid with me?
Prolly a nice troll job Viper, but I'll play along.

Firing off a bunch of internet resumes is a long shot on finding much, especially something you like. You say you have "a ton of quality references," then get out there and network. Go schmooze all them contacts and sell yourself. Most jobs are found this way. Dumpster dive behind the hospitals and medical offices and make cold calls on what ever names you find.

And with all your revenue producing talent you should be able to sell ass catheters as easily no fee loans.

I'll let you know where to send the dough.
Thanks Roach. Sorry to disappoint the others but this is not a troll job. A buddy of mine told me about this place and I stop by and read a few times a week. There are some good posters in here, but way too many hayters a la Dinsdale.

I appreciate your time in a serious response Roach. I will take your advice and if it pans out, I will keep my word.

Viper
Viper
Fuckin' Noob

Post by Viper »

420 wrote:Think about a different avenue for your future, in all seriousness.
Not gonna happen.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Viper wrote:I will take your advice
You're gonna dumpster dive for phone numbers?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

88 wrote:

My track record:

The pay off:

You might give obtaining the appropriate qualifications a try. I do some work for several medical instrument, equipment and pharmaceutical companies. They mostly hire good looking people with medical backgrounds (RN's, lab techs etc.) as sales people. The companies know that their sales people are going to call on busy physicians and hospital beaurocrats. They want their sales people to be able to talk the talk and look good when they walk the walk. Take that Ivy League-like parchment and use it to get into a community college and get an associates degree in some medical field.
Not universally true. My brother is a pharmaceutical sales rep. His only education is a Bachelor's degree in Communications from a SUNY school. He's actually pretty smart, but even lazier than I am (nearly flunked out of college until he met his future wife).

Then again, he'll be the first to tell you that he got lucky, and happened to be in the right place at the right time.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Viper wrote:I will take your advice
You're gonna dumpster dive for phone numbers?

After he eats a dick, fucks himself, and offs himself.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Viper wrote:A buddy of mine told me about this place.
Was it Goose or Maverick? Ice Man? Jester?

So wait a minute... you're not THE Viper in Vancover?
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

My track record:

The pay off:

Try Burger King. I hear they're always hiring
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Viper
Fuckin' Noob

Post by Viper »

88 wrote:Terry-

No doubt there are lots of dudes out there selling pharmaceuticals and medical equipment with no prior experience in the medical field. But it is the exception more than the rule. I had a neighbor who worked in the wine industry a few years ago. He decided he could make more money selling endoscopy equipment than booze. So he faked up a resume, got himself a head hunter and landed a couple of interviews with prestigious medical equipment companies. He went on the interviews and knocked their socks off (sales is sales), but then got in a little hot water over the bullshit he made up on his resume.

Any employer will tell you that the resume gets you the interview, but not the job. You need something on your resume that makes you seem more interesting than the other 500 schmo's who are applying for the gig in order to get the interview. Extensive prior work experience in the field can be a plus. So is listing something like "Miss Teenie-Weenie Bikini 2005". Once you get to the interview, you better shine like the sun. Only after the interviewer has made the decision that you could be a candidate for employment will he or she check your references and verify the accuracy of the shit in your resume. If no warts turn up, then you get the gig. If you lied, you died.
I am an ex professional athlete, hopefully that will make me stand out without wearing a skirt. I've got the sales experience and the numbers, and I just enrolled in the NAMSR (National Association of Medical Sales Representatives) to take their certification course for people who are trying to break into the industry. Hopefully, that won't be a waste of $225. I just called my university job placement department as well.

Any other pointers?
Viper
Fuckin' Noob

Post by Viper »

88 wrote:So he faked up a resume, got himself a head hunter and landed a couple of interviews with prestigious medical equipment companies. He went on the interviews and knocked their socks off (sales is sales), but then got in a little hot water over the bullshit he made up on his resume.
What ended up happening to your buddy 88?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Viper wrote:Any other pointers?
Try not to suck any dicks in the parking lot.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Cuda wrote:Try Burger King. I hear they're always hiring
Physician, heal thyself.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
ElvisMonster
savvy fashionista

Post by ElvisMonster »

Jsc810 wrote:
Viper wrote:I am an ex professional athlete
Details?

FISH ON!

Life's Pretty Straight Without Jimmy Medalions.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

88 wrote:
Viper wrote:
88 wrote: He calls me when he gets one knocked up....
Are you the 'cleaner'?