RACK Boise State

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

RACK Boise State

Post by Rooster »

Now if only Ohio State will lose to Florida, we can crown the Broncos National Champions. The game was incredible from start to finish, capped with a Statue of Liberty play that flummoxed a Sooner defense. Gotta love the underdogs sticking their thumb in the collective eye of the BCS elitists.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: RACK Boise State

Post by Dinsdale »

Rooster wrote:we can crown the Broncos National Champions.

Yeah, that'd be cool -- let a team get fat playing community colleges, then win one significant game, and give them a title.

That would be fair and just. Wait, no it wouldn't -- it would be a fucking travesty.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

It would help us get closer to a playoff, but fuck Florida.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Dinsdale wrote:
That would be fair and just. Wait, no it wouldn't -- it would be a fucking travesty.
...which is exactly why I want to see it happen
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

WolverineSteve wrote:but fuck Florida.
RACK!!
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

WolverineSteve wrote:It would help us get closer to a playoff, but fuck Florida.

Oh, what the heck. Since we've never discussed this topic on the CFB board...never, we can adress it here.

D1A has a playoff. Due to the large number of teams in D1A, it naturally needs to be a very large playoff system to eliminate 118 teams.

Due to the vast scope of this playoff, it naturally needs to start early...in September.

Unless you're in a shit conference with a bunch of schools that don't field shit-fer teams....then your playoff started about 4-5 years ago. And Boise State's AD/Staff lost BSU the title the minute they underachieved in the scheduling department.

I do believe winning the Fiesta will make for less laughter from real teams when BSU calls, though. Maybe with this victory, they can elevate themselves somewhere above overachieving laughingstocks. Probably take at least 5 more years, though.
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

You know Dins,that winning quarterback for Boise St.,...hes from EASTERN Oregon...drysider...Hermiston Highschool....just sayin...
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:
Rooster wrote:we can crown the Broncos National Champions.

Yeah, that'd be cool -- let a team get fat playing community colleges, then win one significant game, and give them a title.

They did beat Oregon State.

:lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Trampis wrote:You know Dins,that winning quarterback for Boise St.,...hes from EASTERN Oregon...drysider...Hermiston Highschool....just sayin...

And their next one will quite possibly be a Wetsider...by the name of Lomax.

But it's no suprise -- them Idahoians have to go to Hermiston to get their potatoes processed, so I'm not suprised they need to tap into Hermiston's high schools to field a football team(for those confused -- every frozen/processed potato you've ever eaten probably came through Hermiston...right across the way from the army chemical weapons depot...eat up).

BSmack wrote:They did beat Oregon State.

Uhm, yeah, I know...I watched the game. And took great delight in the Pussies losing...as always, except during Bowl Season.

But you just summed up Boise State's entire claim to fame...they beat a team, at home, that more often than not finishes in the bottom half of the PAC10, and went on one hell of a run to finish 3rd in the PAC10 this season(and dear god, did they suck early in the year...like when they went to Boise). And the boosters wanted a midseason coach-axing because the Lowly Beavs lost to Boise State.

Any team that has to camoflauge themselves against such a heinous backdrop to give themselves any chance at a home field advantage should be ridiculed, not celebrated.

But hey, remember that time that BSU beat those PAC10 teams on the road? Yeah, I don't remember that either.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:But hey, remember that time that BSU beat those PAC10 teams on the road? Yeah, I don't remember that either.
I'm sure its right up there with "Hey! Remember that time major conference teams scheduled good mid major teams?"

College football rankings and scheduling are a joke. As Boise State just helped to demonstrate. But hey, feel free to belive that Boise State is in the business of turning down big money matchups against major powers in favor of matchups with other mid major teams that are watched by nobody.

Need another example? Call some of the honks who were lobbying for Michigan to play in the "National Title Game". I'm sure one or two of them survived their date with the shower rod. Oh, and the team Michigan rolled over against? They lost to Oregon State. Yea, the same Oregon State that got walloped by Boise State.

Yea, I know, a 16 team playoff would expose the mid majors. Right? Then why not have one? And don't tell me it is about the "integrity of the bowl system". That dog stopped hunting the moment players from Michigan and USC started looking at the Rose Bowl as some kind of half rate consolation prize.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

Boise State would have NO SHOT vs. a team like Ohio St. , so just don't even play the game because it's a waste of time.

Sincerely,

jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

WolverineSteve wrote:It would help us get closer to a playoff, but fuck Florida.
if you are desperate for it just petition your school to move down to the ncaa championship subdivison, sure you'd have no competition but you can be true champions every year, plus why goto pasadena, miami, new orleans, or phoenix when chattanooga will be just as fun and so much more closer. Image
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:But hey, remember that time that BSU beat those PAC10 teams on the road? Yeah, I don't remember that either.

But hey, feel free to belive that Boise State is in the business of turning down big money matchups against major powers in favor of matchups with other mid major teams that are watched by nobody.

What the ever-loving fuck are you talking about?

PAC10 teams have given BSU a few shots since they joined D1A, any time they've gotten over their comical "you owe us" attitude. And never once has BSU beaten a PAC10 team outside of the confines of their atrificially-generated "home field advantage."

Not once.

This game makes a great case against mid major bullshit. Oklahoma play 3 of the worst quarters of football in their storied history, while 50 guys from BSU had the games of their lives. BSU barely squeeked it out in OT.

So, when the mid-major played the best game in school history, while the major conference team put on one of their worst bowl performances since the Great Depression, the mid-major barely managed to be competetive enough to scrape by the skin of their teeth.

I hope this sends a strong message to the BCS -- that there's a reason they call them "mid-majors"...cause they ain't-too major.
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

Unfortunately, dins, I think the bcs is just getting the message that all of these games have been decent to amazing games and why end them? Unless the florida/ohio st game ends 9-6 in favor of the gators, we may be stuck with this fecal and money bowls for a bit longer yet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

jtr wrote:we may be stuck with this fecal and money bowls for a bit longer yet.

I hope so.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Would Boise State win all of their games if they were in a big conference? Intellectually honestly... the answer is no. Strength of schedule is a big factor and where they are/were ranked is as close as you can get. They are very satisfied with their win and that is what it is.

Florida and OSU are a legit NC as USC lost to Oregon St and UCLAme. So props to whatever team wins THIS year.

Next year, USC is the preseason #1 and it's not even debatable even with the tards. They have a loaded recruiting class and it's a matter of using the athletes to make plays.

So Boise, props for bringing some coin to the WAC. Hawai'i may be the best WAC team next year. I am fairly sure Fresno will suck just as badly as they did this year with no coaching and piss poor talent.

I just hope the NC is at least entertaining. The BSU-OU game was the best I've ever seen.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

Hawaii might even make a run in the WAC next yr if Brennan stays for his senior yr. 450+ yds a game should result in something more than another hawaii bowl.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:What the ever-loving fuck are you talking about?

PAC10 teams have given BSU a few shots since they joined D1A, any time they've gotten over their comical "you owe us" attitude. And never once has BSU beaten a PAC10 team outside of the confines of their atrificially-generated "home field advantage."
So BSU has turned down offers of games by PAC 10 teams? Link?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Atomic Punk wrote:Would Boise State win all of their games if they were in a big conference? Intellectually honestly... the answer is no.
And neither would this year's Michigan, Florida and USC teams. So what's your point? That we should have a playoff to determine a champion on the field?

I guess I can agree with that.
Strength of schedule is a big factor and where they are/were ranked is as close as you can get. They are very satisfied with their win and that is what it is.

Florida and OSU are a legit NC as USC lost to Oregon St and UCLAme. So props to whatever team wins THIS year.
If Florida wins and BSU is left looking in as an undefeated team as a one win team wins the NC, that's legit? What happened? You change your career path from nursing to pulling ozone readings in Fantasyland?
Next year, USC is the preseason #1 and it's not even debatable even with the tards. They have a loaded recruiting class and it's a matter of using the athletes to make plays.
There shouldn't even BE a preseason #1. The only thing preseason polls are good for is allowing teams to get by a loss or two based on their preseason polling spot.
So Boise, props for bringing some coin to the WAC. Hawai'i may be the best WAC team next year. I am fairly sure Fresno will suck just as badly as they did this year with no coaching and piss poor talent. I just hope the NC is at least entertaining. The BSU-OU game was the best I've ever seen.
I suspect the NC will be a blowout. OSU will win by 30 or so.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

BSmack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:Would Boise State win all of their games if they were in a big conference? Intellectually honestly... the answer is no.
And neither would this year's Michigan, Florida and USC teams. So what's your point? That we should have a playoff to determine a champion on the field?

I guess I can agree with that.
Brian, that is just stupid on your part. Those teams you've listed ARE in big conferences which basically destroys your argument. However, you may be in agreement that there should be NO preseason ranking until whatever week (does the BCS start ranking at the end of week 5?) That means no AP or Coaches polls either that heavily influence rankings which also takes away the early loss on the schedule factor.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Atomic Punk wrote:Brian, that is just stupid on your part. Those teams you've listed ARE in big conferences which basically destroys your argument.
Not at all. It is damn hard to go undefeated no matter where you play. Your entire argument about BSU not going undefeated in a "major" conference was a strawman to begin with.
However, you may be in agreement that there should be NO preseason ranking until whatever week (does the BCS start ranking at the end of week 5?) That means no AP or Coaches polls either that heavily influence rankings which also takes away the early loss on the schedule factor.
I'd be in favor of no rankings of any kind until week 6. That puts it into the middle of October and allows teams to play a half season before being judged.

But of course it will never happen. Just as we'll probably never see a real playoff in our lifetimes.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Atomic Punk wrote:Strength of schedule is a big factor and where they are/were ranked is as close as you can get.
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2006/Interne ... s_cumm.pdf
BSmack wrote:I suspect the NC will be a blowout.
They were saying that 4 years ago when Miami was supposed to kick the shit out of Ohio State.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:Strength of schedule is a big factor and where they are/were ranked is as close as you can get.
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2006/Interne ... s_cumm.pdf
BSmack wrote:I suspect the NC will be a blowout.
They were saying that 4 years ago when Miami was supposed to kick the shit out of Ohio State.
I only say that because an OSU win would be the best possible outcome for the BCS honks. And therefore the worst possible outcome for those of us who would love to see a real champion crowned on the field.

Mike,

I see from TWIS' link that BSU had a tougher schedule this year than Miami, Vandy, Alabama, Colorado...

But hey, there is NO WAY they could have gone undefeated in a major conference. :meds:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Seems to me I’ve seen a number of different computer rankings on strength of schedule, with wide ranging disparities. The last Sagarin ranking had BSU’s schedule ranked 100th. Regardless, I’d still say that Boise State would not have gone undefeated in any major conference. Oh wait, is the ACC a major conference?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Okay okay...

The computers are taking historical data and manipulating it how the program is biased.

So, it seems that not ranking anybody until the 6th week is a good idea. Everyone cool with the concept? If we're not going to get a playoff, then artificially boosting teams up in preseason makes no sense.

Now I've stated that USC will or at least should be #1 out of the gates, BUT, I am all for no rankings until the 6th week.

Two weeks ago Jerry Tarkanian was in the booth at the Las Vegas whatever bowl and said the NCAA BB stats are garbage because everyone plays community college teams before January and they're all undefeated or with a loss.

Man, without a playoff, then this is futile.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:Seems to me I’ve seen a number of different computer rankings on strength of schedule, with wide ranging disparities. The last Sagarin ranking had BSU’s schedule ranked 100th. Regardless, I’d still say that Boise State would not have gone undefeated in any major conference. Oh wait, is the ACC a major conference?
Let's not forget the Big East. Or the Big 12.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So many points to adress.

Atomic Punk wrote:So, it seems that not ranking anybody until the 6th week is a good idea. Everyone cool with the concept?

I'm not.

Sin,
The First Amendment
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:Seems to me I’ve seen a number of different computer rankings on strength of schedule, with wide ranging disparities.
They weren't that wide -- every ranking I've seen besides TWIS' all have BSU near the bottom.
The last Sagarin ranking had BSU’s schedule ranked 100th.

The current Sgarin(as of 12/22) had them at 82.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote: But hey, there is NO WAY they could have gone undefeated in a major conference.

Absolutely correct.

When you're rolling out a 275 pound center, you're going to be into your third string by the time you get through a real conference schedule.

Maybe you haven't heard, but the cream of the crop large athletes go to the big name football schools, the also-ran overachievers go to mid-majors. When a team is overmatched by an average of 20+ pounds at the "power positions," there's no way they get through a 9 game conference schedule without physically breaking down.

One game? No problem. Nine games? No freaking chance. The laws of physics start to come into play in a big way.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:So BSU has turned down offers of games by PAC 10 teams? Link?

Are you being stupid on purpose?

Since you're ignorant on the ways of CFB in general, and quite obviously unfamiliar with BSU's MO, I'll help you out --

Even lowly Stanford and Arizona aren't ringing the phone to BSU's AD when they're looking to schedule...duh. BSU calls them. And BSU's arrogance is what kills them(they seem to be trying to correct the errors of their ways, slowly but surely). Most of the PAC10 has been quite accomodating when it comes to helping Fresno State trying to increase their SOS. Matter of fact, Fresno State has been quite respectful, and is generally considered something of an "honorary PAC10 member" these days. Because they earned it. BSU is somewhat infamous for calling up and saying "we want a game. Oh, and btw-you have to come to our house, too, because you OWE us."

Their tactics make it damn-near impossible for them to schedule PAC10 games, since PAC10 ADs can't stop laughing when BSU calls. As mentioned, they're backing off that stance a bit, and with their success in recent years, they've earned a little more respect when it comes to getting H&Hs. I think Washington broke the ice(Oregon State doesn't count, since they always feast on a steady diet od D1AA teams OOC), but only after UDub went completely in the shitter, and all of a sudden those games with Notre Dame and Miami started drying up.

Nobody owes BSU SHIT, least of all the PAC10. But that's their game -- call up big schools with ridiculous H&H offers, then accuse the big schools of being afraid of them. Which is why I won't be rooting for BSU any time soon -- they're bitches. The only reason they were able to become America's Sweetharts this week is because most casual fans aren't aware what bitches they are. This corner of the country is pretty familiar with their tactics.

My point was, that the opportunities that BSU has had against PAC10 teams not named Oregon State have resulted in disaster, every single time. They have NEVER won in a PAC10 stadium. Ever. Maybe they should get over that hump before they or anyone else starts labelling them a "powerhouse," or anything besides a mid-major that's had a couple of decent seasons while playing an absolute joke of a schedule.

And, as MGO stated in the forum dedicated to such topics -- "BSU's inability to schedule ain't our fucking problem." Or something along those lines. If they want to get better games, they're going to have to quit gunning for the big payday(which is what their scheduling is all about), and get out on the road and earn some cred, rather than demanding it from people that couldn't care less about them. They're long-range financial vision is absolutely horrid. They want the PAC10 (and the rest of the major conferences) to build them a new building(or upgrade theirs from 30K seats). That's not going to happen.

Sorry, BSU...welcome to the reality of Big Time Power College Football.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

jtr wrote:Hawaii might even make a run in the WAC next yr if Brennan stays for his senior yr. 450+ yds a game should result in something more than another hawaii bowl.
Oh, and btw-Jess -- The Hawaii Bowl was the first bowl to extend any invitation at all...to Hawaii. They took it immeditely, without waiting for any other offers, same as they do any other year they're bowl-eligible. So going to the "Hawaii got slighted in the bowl selections" is very inaccurate. Hawaii knows they're not going to win a championship anytime soon, so they make it all about fun, and play their bowl for the home crowd every year. It's their tradition, and it's pretty much about a paycheck.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:I'm sure its right up there with "Hey! Remember that time major conference teams scheduled good mid major teams?"

Oh, and a little advice for you BSmack -- you should probably at least have a slight clue about what you're talking about before you make asinine statements.

I dare you to go post this in the CFB Forum, and see what happens. You'd get eaten alive so quickly, you wouldn't know what hit you...you know, when the people who actually knew what they were talking about got ahold of you.

Would you like me to list about 50 examples(which would be a partial list, coming off the top of my head) in the last 5 years?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:
BSmack wrote:I'm sure its right up there with "Hey! Remember that time major conference teams scheduled good mid major teams?"

Oh, and a little advice for you BSmack -- you should probably at least have a slight clue about what you're talking about before you make asinine statements.
Tears Jerry. Tears.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oh really...

Well, since you've apparently been moved to "tears" by my (completely factual) statements, then take my dare.

Go ahead, smart guy. Go humiliate me in the CFB forum by posting your oh-so-enlightened statement.

What part of "I dare you" did you not understand?

Of course, I'll take no responsibility for the T1B server crashing due to the volume of pile-on that will result, but go right ahead...I just gave you your big chance, Mr CFB Guy.

Do it.

Or shut up and put your tail between your legs, where it belongs.

Or, at least try and back up your statements(which would be impossible, since they're just outright false). List what you think are the "good mid-major teams," then go look through past and future schedules...then shut the fuck up.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Seems to me I’ve seen a number of different computer rankings on strength of schedule, with wide ranging disparities.
They weren't that wide -- every ranking I've seen besides TWIS' all have BSU near the bottom.
The last Sagarin ranking had BSU’s schedule ranked 100th.

The current Sgarin(as of 12/22) had them at 82.

Speaking of having a slight clue, we were talking about BSU, not BYU.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt06.htm
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Speaking of having a slight clue, we were talking about BSU, not BYU.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt06.htm

Mea culpa. I was looking at various computer rankings this morning, mulling over some matchups(because goodness knows, Duckfan isn't a little pissed about BYU right now) and confused a couple of them. You are absolutely correct -- I gave BSU far too much credit.

But, even when correcting me, you've solidified my point -- community colleges shouldn't be stepping up to the Big Boys. Earn your cred, bitches.

As was pointed out in the CFB program...BSU does nothing to schedule any tougher in years past, and has actually regressed slightly over the years. Which leads me to one of my huge gripes -- the folks who are college football fans for a grand total of one week out of the year should shut the fuck up. There's 1AA schools that play a schedule almost as tough as BSU's. Do we even speak their names when it comes time to crown a champion? Of course fucking not -- they suck. Just because BSU is the cream-of-the-crop of suck, it doesn't "entitle" them to anything.

Play somebody, pussies.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:Well, since you've apparently been moved to "tears" by my (completely factual) statements, then take my dare.
Nah, it's more fun to watch you chase your own tail on this forum.

Besides, you just gave the lie to your "oh so factual" statements when you admitted that Pac 10 teams are generally unwilling to schedule home and home series against mid majors.

:lol:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oh, and BSmack -- I'm still waiting.

How's that "backing up your statements" thing working for you. Since I've had CFB stats and schedule pages open all morning(since before I posted here), it will take all of a couple of mouse-clicks to absolutely hand you your ass on this subject, I'd recommend the "shut the fuck up" option...but it's up to you.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote: Besides, you just gave the lie to your "oh so factual" statements when you admitted that Pac 10 teams are generally unwilling to schedule home and home series against mid majors.

Now your just plain reaching, and exposing your lack of knowledge of the working of Big Time CFB.

Why is it up to the PAC10 to build BSU a decent stadium? The PAC(and every other major conference team) have budgets of their own to worry about -- worrying about BSU's finances isn't too high on their list of priorities.

BSU: Hey PAC10, would you just hand over some of your money to us?

PAC10 ADs: BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Who is this? Sorry, gotta run...I've got Michigan on the phone right now.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote: Nah, it's more fun to watch you chase your own tail on this forum.

Oh, and what kind of retard does it take to go with the "you're chasing your own tail" when asked to back up your asinine statements with some facts?

That's board bitch material, right there.

C'mon, tard... get out of the on-deck circle and step to the plate.